Current Event: Hurricane Katrina

AuthorMessage
Sammie
Idiot
Sammie
September 2nd, 2005 at 03:40pm
I concur flower fairy.

At least there doing somthing and moving people out the city...

the death tols expected to rise to 10 thousand according to teh BBC News
Speechless&Redundant
Geek
Speechless&Redundant
September 2nd, 2005 at 05:31pm
my school today had a hat day and you had to pay a dollar to wear a hat and the money would go to help out with the hurricane relief....we surprisingly raised alot of money because most people even ones who did wear a hat like me donated money, I gave 10 bucks, and I know others that gave 20 or 30 dollars because its such a good cause...I believe my school raised 2,000 dollars today, which isnt much but hey every little bit helps right
Sammie
Idiot
Sammie
September 2nd, 2005 at 05:46pm
my school are having a charity concert and my band are playing.
basketcase17
King For A Couple Of Days
basketcase17
September 2nd, 2005 at 06:02pm
Millie Jane:
I'm rather surprised no one has created a topic such as this, already. This is an extremely big issue, right now.

I said a word or two about it on a different thread:

I have HAD IT with the government's handling of the situation in Louisiana and Mississippi. How many GSBians here think that if these were rich white people, they would have been rescued two days ago? The place is a fucking disaster on a massive scale, and where the hell are the personnel and supplies and money this nation needs to help these people? In Iraq.

Thanks George Bush. I knew this was coming...just one large natural disaster and the Gulf Coast looks like a third world country. It serves you right, but the people dying in the streets of New Orleans should not have to suffer because you've ruined the country.

Now, it's your turn. What should we be doing to help? How do you feel about the efforts (or lack thereof) being made to rescue the victims?
Well said. Thats my feelings exactly, there are people who havent had food or water for 5 fucking days!!!
Ilse
Falling In Love With The Board
Ilse
September 2nd, 2005 at 08:12pm
What I don't get is that we can have troops in Iraq in under 24 hours, but we can't have troops in our own country get to these disaster areas in under five days. We need to get off our asses and HELP. No one is doing anything about it, and if they are it's pretty half assed.
Indie Rock & Roll
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Indie Rock & Roll
September 2nd, 2005 at 10:08pm
I'm just going to type up my oppinion of this, rather than reading through all of this...
I swear I'm going to fucking kill Bush. He hasn't done one helpful fucking thing for the Hurricane Katrina victims. He is just a self-centered asshole who needs to learn that people are in need of his help but aren't fucking getting it. I was watching the news and all those poor people they were showing just pissed me off. Sure he has tried to help...I think he is the one who placed all those buses to drive them north. But none the less...whoever fucking did that are assholes! They did not help, people are fighting over trying to get on those buses. They should handle it in a more organized manner. I'm fucking serious, I am driving all my Bush-loving friends crazy telling them he isn't fucking helping a bit. I'm very strongely oppinionated with this topic, and if you would like to talk more about it, I'm on Yahoo Messenger right now.

From A Very Pissed Of Person Who Is 100% Anti-Bush
Rachel
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
September 2nd, 2005 at 10:48pm
honestly I think you're a prick
rich people don't move into places with force five hurricanes built like shit bellow sea level, so they don't have to worry

and we haven't seen a natural disaster this bad since 1906, so don't think we can fix it in three days
and government was set up to keep you in check, not babysit you, so be greatful

I think that it is incredibly selfish of you to turn this tragedy into another stab at Bush, because we all know that he's hiding evidence that could have forseen all this, and now he's trying to make everything as inconvenient as possible

now about the rising gas prices: for those who blame it on Bush just know that China and Japan are buying large quantities of gas so that they can make a huge profit off of us, and the oil we have here is great and all, but our workers demand such high pay that we would lose money if we got the oil from here

so quit blaming everything on Bush, he shouldn't rightfully be the media's scpaegoat
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
September 2nd, 2005 at 10:52pm
September_has_Ended:
What I don't get is that we can have troops in Iraq in under 24 hours, but we can't have troops in our own country get to these disaster areas in under five days. We need to get off our asses and HELP. No one is doing anything about it, and if they are it's pretty half assed.
because the water is twenty feet deep and the city is incredibly infected with disease form the waters and dead organisms, it will kill anyone who goes there....and there's no where to land a plane in water
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
September 2nd, 2005 at 10:56pm
Indie Rock & Roll:
I'm just going to type up my oppinion of this, rather than reading through all of this...
I swear I'm going to fucking kill Bush. He hasn't done one helpful fucking thing for the Hurricane Katrina victims. He is just a self-centered asshole who needs to learn that people are in need of his help but aren't fucking getting it. I was watching the news and all those poor people they were showing just pissed me off. Sure he has tried to help...I think he is the one who placed all those buses to drive them north. But none the less...whoever fucking did that are assholes! They did not help, people are fighting over trying to get on those buses. They should handle it in a more organized manner. I'm fucking serious, I am driving all my Bush-loving friends crazy telling them he isn't fucking helping a bit. I'm very strongely oppinionated with this topic, and if you would like to talk more about it, I'm on Yahoo Messenger right now.

From A Very Pissed Of Person Who Is 100% Anti-Bush
Rachel

grrrr.... they didn't leave the town sure to kill them in an orderly manner grrr....kill Bush.... grrrr.... I blame the president for all problems...grrrr....
Indie Rock & Roll
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Indie Rock & Roll
September 2nd, 2005 at 10:58pm
w/e, i don't give a shit that your oppinion is different than mine. it's my choice to be pissed at george bush not yours. ok? ok
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
September 2nd, 2005 at 11:00pm
lmfao
you're using him as a scapegoat for a natural disaster, I'm just saying you're being very unfair to him, he's the president, not Superman, he can't fix the city in a few days, it won't be fixed for a few years, it was a shitty city

it was built below sea level, frequent hurricanes, faulty dams
c'mon, how can you be so selfish as to blame this on Bush, he's helped more than you have
Indie Rock & Roll
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Indie Rock & Roll
September 2nd, 2005 at 11:02pm
Like I could really do anything. I'm only 13 fucking years old dumbass. I HAVE started raising money for the victims...so stfu. Tell me, what have you done to help?
Indie Rock & Roll
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Indie Rock & Roll
September 2nd, 2005 at 11:05pm
I don't care about your fucking oppinion anymore. So I'm leaving this fucking thread. Jeez, bet your happy now? I did not say I blame him for making the hurricane happen. I have no fucking idea where you got that from. You are such a dick..later dumbass.
Baguelle
Baguelle
September 2nd, 2005 at 11:29pm
They are trying to help and anyone who lives there should be thankful.
LordsOfDogTown<5
LordsOfDogTown<5
September 2nd, 2005 at 11:41pm
so tell me what we can do as citizens to help this situation.
Baguelle
Baguelle
September 2nd, 2005 at 11:44pm
LordsOfDogTown<3:
so tell me what we can do as citizens to help this situation.
Well, donating money, food, etc. would help. Anyone can do it. Even if you're 4 flippin' years old and you have 2 dollars, you can help.
theo2266
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
theo2266
September 3rd, 2005 at 01:10am
My uncle owns a trucking company and he's shipping a whole truckload of water down there, so i thought that was pretty cool
Dom
Jackass
Dom
September 3rd, 2005 at 06:38am
Basket*Case:
I wanted to do a thread on this. It is a major issue at the time. Many people have died and the help is appreciated. Yes, they may be rich people helping but if these people would stop bitching about not getting help fast enough and blah blah, they would get the help they need. My school is going to be donating money and I want to do what I can to help. It'll take a lot.
So are you saying if they weren't asking for help. they would have got it? I don't get you.
Dom
Jackass
Dom
September 3rd, 2005 at 06:42am
spill_no_sick:
lmfao
you're using him as a scapegoat for a natural disaster, I'm just saying you're being very unfair to him, he's the president, not Superman, he can't fix the city in a few days, it won't be fixed for a few years, it was a shitty city

it was built below sea level, frequent hurricanes, faulty dams
c'mon, how can you be so selfish as to blame this on Bush, he's helped more than you have
Thats all relative to what the person has. With all the resources he has as the President I don't think hes given as much aid as he could have, or quickly enough. But most people dont have the same amount of resources so what they do give could be a lot more to them. So its difficult to compare how much people have done to help.

...i think that made sense....
Dom
Jackass
Dom
September 3rd, 2005 at 06:45am
I can't believe your complaining about petrol prices! Compared to most of the world its still a hell of a lot cheaper.
Register