AuthorMessage
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
September 10th, 2005 at 07:46pm
spongebob_green_day_lover:
NeoSteph:
some people would of been trapped because of the flooding, plus entrance too the main Highways (freeways) would of been impossible

Most people are trapped and/or dead in there homes. Right now b/c they tried to ride-out the strom in there homes. The National Guard said most died in their attics.

yes but if water is up to your neck, they probably thought they had a better chance staying int here homes.
.Ashley.
Falling In Love With The Board
.Ashley.
September 10th, 2005 at 07:51pm
NeoSteph:
NeoSteph:
some people would of been trapped because of the flooding, plus entrance too the main Highways (freeways) would of been impossible

Most people are trapped and/or dead in there homes. Right now b/c they tried to ride-out the strom in there homes. The National Guard said most died in their attics.

yes but if water is up to your neck, they probably thought they had a better chance staying int here homes.

Yeah that would have been best, but if they would have left their home to go to a shelter, before the storm came, they would have had a better chance of living.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
September 10th, 2005 at 07:54pm
NeoSteph:
NeoSteph:

Yeah that would have been best, but if they would have left their home to go to a shelter, before the storm came, they would have had a better chance of living.

i would of thought that most electricity would of been cut but the time the danger of Katrina became apparent, so maybe they 1: didn't know where to go 2: were at a complete loss of what to do.
.Ashley.
.Ashley.
September 10th, 2005 at 07:58pm
NeoSteph:
NeoSteph:
NeoSteph:

i would of thought that most electricity would of been cut but the time the danger of Katrina became apparent, so maybe they 1: didn't know where to go 2: were at a complete loss of what to do.

Thats why I said before the storm. They had alot of shelters to go to. So some one out of those 10,000 people or whatever knew where to go, and what to do. They were just hard headed people and didn't want to live their house.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
September 10th, 2005 at 08:01pm
NeoSteph:
NeoSteph:
NeoSteph:

Thats why I said before the storm. They had alot of shelters to go to. So some one out of those 10,000 people or whatever knew where to go, and what to do. They were just hard headed people and didn't want to live their house.

they were probably scared and didn't have the best judgement at the time
.Ashley.
.Ashley.
September 10th, 2005 at 08:06pm
NeoSteph:
NeoSteph:
NeoSteph:
NeoSteph:

I guessed so.
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
September 10th, 2005 at 10:38pm
suzie_k:
I found this and i thought it was an interesting comparison

A small comparison of catastrophies - in India and the States
Inches of rain in New Orleans due to Hurricane Katrina - 18
Inches of rain in Mumbai (July 27th) - 37.1

Population of New Orleans - 484,674
Population of Mumbai - 12,622,500

Deaths in New Orleans within 48 hours of Katrina - 100
Deaths in Mumbai within 48 hours of rain - 37

Number of people to be evacuated in New Orleans - entire city... wohh
Number of people evacuated in Mumbai - 10,000

Cases of shooting and violence in New Orleans - countless
Cases of shooting and violence in Mumbai - NONE

Time taken for US army to reach New Orleans - 48 hours
Time taken for Indian army and navy to reach Mumbai - 12 hours

Status 48 hours later - New Orleans is still waiting for relief, army and electricty
Status 48 hours later - Mumbai is back on its feet and is business is as usual

USA - world's most developed nation
India - third world country

Oops... did I get the last fact wrong?
Jai Maharashtr

we could have been there sooner, but there was this thing where, um, it would have killed everyone!
gosh, New Orleans was almost uninhabitable before a force FIVE hurricane, it won't be safe to be a dumbass and move there for a few years

Jai Maharashtr is an Asshole: and needs to quit bitching
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
September 10th, 2005 at 10:45pm
NeoSteph:
NeoSteph:
NeoSteph:
NeoSteph:

I guessed so.

I don't know why people say something completely illogical, but say it in a logical manner, and expect no one to notice
water goes higher, you go higher, you don't know any information, you just know that it's flooding
New Orleans was very poor, and a shitty place to live in, most people had no knowledge of what was going on, and it's more than a 35 mile walk to safety, it's hundreds of miles because of the diseases, you had dead bodies in the water, days of travel (which means you're walking in your own waste, which means you're getting those additional infections), no supplies, no information, a miracle you're still alive, and people using you to bitch about the government.... "they could have simply walked away from the storm..." just llike when your teacher said "ignore the bully, they will leave you alone" except this is one thousand times worse
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
September 11th, 2005 at 10:03am
spill_no_sick:
NeoSteph:
NeoSteph:
NeoSteph:
NeoSteph:

I guessed so.

I don't know why people say something completely illogical, but say it in a logical manner, and expect no one to notice
water goes higher, you go higher, you don't know any information, you just know that it's flooding
New Orleans was very poor, and a shitty place to live in, most people had no knowledge of what was going on, and it's more than a 35 mile walk to safety, it's hundreds of miles because of the diseases, you had dead bodies in the water, days of travel (which means you're walking in your own waste, which means you're getting those additional infections), no supplies, no information, a miracle you're still alive, and people using you to bitch about the government.... "they could have simply walked away from the storm..." just llike when your teacher said "ignore the bully, they will leave you alone" except this is one thousand times worse

thank god someone else saw it my way, i was imagining all these americans everywhere going ''they could of walked''
eberneezer_egghead
eberneezer_egghead
September 12th, 2005 at 12:56pm
I can't really bring myself to think about it. My history teacher thinks that september is a bad month... i mean what with 9/11 attacks, The Beslam thing last year and now this??
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
September 12th, 2005 at 05:33pm
oh, and Green Day released American Idiot in this month, I know musical tradjedies aren't as deadly as the other tradjedies, but sure a few people commit suicide over it
Pessimistic.loser
Idiot
Pessimistic.loser
September 12th, 2005 at 07:24pm
The hurricane is horrible, all that's ever on the news here (California) is the tragedy of Katrina. I can't help but want to go down there and try to be some one's hero, but I could never go there. It makes me really mad though because people in our own country are suffering but we're still sending troops to Iraq instead of sending them to Lousianna. We're over there being senselessly murdered for nothing when there are people suffering tremendously in Louisianna and Mississippi.
zdf_jammin
Geek
zdf_jammin
September 12th, 2005 at 11:37pm
well, it was badly handled, and bush is really sucking with this also.

i mean,let alone, the idiots who buitl the city built it below sea level, but the french were smart and stayed dry. fair enough.

everyone shouldhave been able to anticipate it. I FUCKING DID! psha, geez.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
September 13th, 2005 at 08:24am
spill_no_sick:
oh, and Green Day released American Idiot in this month, I know musical tradjedies aren't as deadly as the other tradjedies, but sure a few people commit suicide over it

i've got something that will cheer you up Nick, Michael Moore is going to make a documentary on how Bush handled the Katrina crisis, i'm seriously not kidding............great Rolling Eyes
Just like as if
Jackass
Just like as if
September 13th, 2005 at 11:53am
NeoSteph:
spill_no_sick:

i've got something that will cheer you up Nick, Michael Moore is going to make a documentary on how Bush handled the Katrina crisis, i'm seriously not kidding............great Rolling Eyes
I just read about it o_o No way. He's not wasting time, is he?
rehabreject
Jackass
rehabreject
September 13th, 2005 at 05:11pm
i'm sorry for anyone that has been affected by hurricane katrina, but does it seem slightly ironic how much the media is focussing on this particular event despite the fact that catastrophies like this occur every single year in third world countries?
it kinda seems like the USA gets so much more attention for anything that happens...
Just like as if
Jackass
Just like as if
September 14th, 2005 at 12:17pm
rehabreject:
i'm sorry for anyone that has been affected by hurricane katrina, but does it seem slightly ironic how much the media is focussing on this particular event despite the fact that catastrophies like this occur every single year in third world countries?
it kinda seems like the USA gets so much more attention for anything that happens...
And that catastrohpe in Asia almost a year ago; over 200 000 people died, and the rescue arrangements and worked quite well after all.
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
September 14th, 2005 at 03:04pm
zdf_jammin:
well, it was badly handled, and bush is really sucking with this also.

i mean,let alone, the idiots who buitl the city built it below sea level, but the french were smart and stayed dry. fair enough.

everyone shouldhave been able to anticipate it. I FUCKING DID! psha, geez.
I know, doesn't Bush just suck? letting those people live below sea level in a shitty place with constant hurricanes and a dam that only withholds a force three! I mean, it's not as if we as Americans would have ripped his head off for evacuating them...oh wait, we did! we were pissed when he called a mandatory evacuation a few days before, we thought he was a dick for making people leave their homes! so they stayed put and died...so...of course it's Bush's fault, not only that, but it makes him a racist too!

DAMMIT PEOPLE QUIT USING HIM AS A FUCKING SCAPEGOAT I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU FALL FOR ALL THIS SHIT THAT DOING THE RIGHT THING TO DO ISN'T ALWAYS THE BEST THING TO DO BECAUSE IT BLOODY WELL IS!!!!! NO EXCEPTIONS!!! NO MORE PROTEST SHIT JUST SUCK IT UP, LIFE ISN'T PERFECT AND IT'S NOT BUSH'S FAULT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1134
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
September 14th, 2005 at 03:06pm
NeoSteph:
spill_no_sick:

I woldn't doubt it, any major crisis is the fault of a president, he blamed Clinton for Columbine...it probably makes me hypocritical to have the same interveiw in my sig...oh well, people just need to learn that blaming the president doesn't make it his fault
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
September 14th, 2005 at 05:28pm
what about all the animals?I know people come first, but do you know how many people are mad because hundreds of animals are dying everyday? And alot of people on PETA are not donateing to charities for people, but for animals and nothing is getting done, kind of pointless. Every1 knows there are people out there who think enough is being done for people so they cant help, but if they would try to advertise campainges for animal charities alot of people would donate to those. I think people come first, but there is alot of people who want to help animals so shouldnt a charity for animals be more organized so the money goes somewhere?
Register