Current Event: Hurricane Katrina

AuthorMessage
spill_no_sick
Falling In Love With The Board
spill_no_sick
September 7th, 2005 at 06:51pm
<Anna>:
I agree with Kanye West, I think Bush does dislike black ppl, and when I heard Kanye say that, it made me fuckin sad. It's just the fact that a lot of effin ppl voted for a president that is racsit.
it's sad people believe Kanye West more than people actually involved in politics
Kanye West was pro-Bush for a while, but the pressure to hate Bush in music has grown to a standard
Bush does care about black people, but since 2/3 of New Orlean's black, no shit most robbers, rapist, and dead people are black, it's not racist, it's called second grade fractions
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
September 7th, 2005 at 09:42pm
Katrina events disturb me, most of all i think the police presence at the superdome is a fucking joke, it's their job to protect people and they wouldn't enter inside, so they stood by whilst women were raped and gang violence took over.

this event had nothing to do with Politics it was about animal insticts taken over to survive, and with instinct comes rage.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
September 7th, 2005 at 09:48pm
spill_no_sick:
slamdancing25:
the situation in new orleans is an embarassment to the entire u.s. government. im canadian, and the only way i can help is to give money to the canadian red cross because who knows where its going if i give it directly to the states? 1 in 3 people from new orleans have been living below the fucking poverty line after katrina hit the coast and its been like that for WAY too long. whats everyone waiting for? this is complete chaos, expecially coming from one of the "richest" and financially powerful countries in the world. FOR SHAME.
shut up, I love Canadia too, but NEVER insult the U.S.A. like that
we have this whole thing where the people are poor as hell, they veiw this as an apacolypse so there's tremendous amounts of rape, murder and burglary going on, it's not even safe down there, some helecopters were damanged from gun shots
we did the most we could, the people who lived in New Orleans did live in the dumbest place to live in our country, but our government is being attacked so hard that it's becoming difficult to execute anything
people are blaming the government for only having one crane rebuild the damn: there was no more room for any other cranes in all the wreck
people blame the government for spending dam money on vacation time: fuck them, we built that dam two years ago to withstand force three huricanes, it was better than the original design
people are blaming the government for not spending as much as we have: we're spending too much on everything, shut the fuck hippies! we're in debt, we're not spending it on every charity possible
I've always been one to be open-minded and truthful even if it hurts my position, but Bush isn't good with money, I will admit that, we shouldn't be spending as much as we are with the debt we have, you people who attack the government for popularity (Kathy Griffin, Eminem, even Green Day, mainly every one else) you are actually making the situation worse and harder to deal with and execute

SO QUIT TAKING THE WORST FUCKING TRADGEDIES AND MAKING THEM A POPULARITY CONTEST TO SEE WHO CAN CRITIZE THE GOVERNMENT MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1134

I know your patriotic, but your government waited 48 hours two send in relief effort and then wiated a further 5 days before sending in re-enforcement, now i'm not talking about Bush, i'm talking about the fuck wit in charge of Natural Diaster Ministery, waiting that long didn't have anything to do with Katrina because it had already moved on, the government were at a critical point and they blundered.

Every government in the world has it's good points and it's bad points, I supported Bush through out the G8 but i don't support him now.

People have a right to critisize their government it's apart of the freedom of rights act, it may not be your view, but this section is supposed to be about repsecting others views whilst keeping your own opinion.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
September 7th, 2005 at 09:50pm
I going to sum up the whole rich white/black poor issue.

when Katrina hit Rich people had the money and transportation to evacuate, whilst poor people had no choice but to brace the storm in their homes.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
September 7th, 2005 at 10:00pm
Jason The Pirate:
Millie Jane:
rar:
The people don't deserve help......well little kids and decrepit old people do.....but everyone else gets what they deserve for living in a place that they know will be fucked up yearly......you still have to give them help though...and the bush administration waited an entire day before doing anything at all....the people should stop complaining about not getting help fast enough though....the ones complaining are still able to do things...and are in good health....maybe just hungry and thirsty....so instead of complaining about how they don't have help.....maybe they should help the ones who are now even lower than them....the ones that need medical attention...or help with rescue efforts....that way the whole process will be sped up and their problems can be solved quicker.
The people who were affected deserve what happens is still what i think no matter what...they are idiots...and idiots will do stupid things.....like build a large city in an area that gets hurricanes yearly...
a bigger conern is gas prices...they are ridiculous....the jump was more price gouging...which has been happening for years....gas was about a dollar a gallon....and greed got that raised to over 2 and a half dollars! now because they can...and are greedy...they have gotten over 6 dollars in some places.....it's ridiculous....before the hurricane hit the us was getting a LOT more oil than what was needed for the us....but instead we get imported oil so they can jack the prices up....and now....they use the temporary loss of some oil as an excuse to jack up the prices again. im done with this now but know that i do have sympathy for peoples deaths...that is always a sad thing...however the recent hundreds of thousands of homeless people deserve it.

I have a strong desire to toss you into one of the many flooded streets in New Orleans, and watch you swim through raw sewage and dead bodies.
Are you saying these people should be left there to die because they happen to live in Louisiana, or Mississippi? You disgust me. Most of them are poor, and probably have little choice about were they live, anyway.
You say that they should stop complaining, and help the others. Well, that's what many of them ARE doing, but there's only so much they can do. They have no medical supplies, no food, and many of them don't even have water. All they can do is try to cool off the other people baking in the sun. You say that they should help with the rescue effort. What rescue effort? Thousands of people are standing, lying, and dying on various roads, surrounded by water. They don't know where to go, they don't know what to do, and NO ONE IS HELPING THEM. So how the fuck are they supposed to help the helpers if the helpers aren't helping?

"a bigger conern is gas prices"
Oh, really? It's a BIGGER concern? You're so thoughtful and compassionate. Go get washed away by a thirty foot wall of water. (:

None of you have even thought this through....you just think...people without houses....im sorry let me help....im not that way....my brain thinks about things a lot before i make my decisions on things.....yes...they were poor...but it isn't cheap to live in new orleans.....so poor there...is probably upper-middle somewhere else...so they could afford to move....and they should have....im saying they don't deserve people to help them find their stuff....and rebuild their houses.....they do need to be brought to safety....that is psychotic to just leave them there to die.....but....you realize without having anything most of these people will move back to their houes....think about that....why? why should we help people who are going back to get hit by more? that seems rather pointless....and will bring this country down even lower than it is...this has caused billions in dollars of losses....and is affecting everyone....and why? because people were stupid and decided to live in a horrible environment. so don't say you want to throw me in with the dead bodies....geez everyone on here likes to exaggerate everything.....im not some heartless crazy kid.....i do care about peoples lives....it's a horrible thing when people die. so don't think that i believe differantly.

I think your mouth should be washed out with soap, you dirty minded middle-class good for nothing Bastard.

you obviously have never experianced pure poverty and i doubt you ever willl, you think these people are rich? what were you watching an episode of Beverly hills cops and thought these were the bad guys?

these are HUMAN BEINGS, they breath, think, love, bleed and right now their dying because people like you are sitting in their homes worrying about oil prices. No one chooses to live like that, most people are born into a world of poverty and it's a fighting battle to get out of it, not everyone was born with a silver spoon in their mouth like you surburban trash.

2/3 of Orleans was below the poverty line before Disaster struck, these people have lost loved ones, their homes everything they own. and from the horrid pictures of the superdome they seemed to off lost their basic humantity aswell and your worrying about how it will affect your life.

shame on you, just shame.
Starry Eyes
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Starry Eyes
September 8th, 2005 at 04:13pm
It's a horrible thing indeed. It would be horrible having to leave my home and everything I love. And what makes it worse is the survivors will not get to go back to their homes... the flooding and poisonous water has rendered returning to New Orleans impossible. It's hard to imagine that New Orleans as a city has ceased to exist Sad
.Ashley.
.Ashley.
September 8th, 2005 at 09:35pm
<Anna>:
I agree with Kanye West, I think Bush does dislike black ppl, and when I heard Kanye say that, it made me fuckin sad. It's just the fact that a lot of effin ppl voted for a president that is racsit.

Oh my God you made me laugh so fucking hard. "Bush hates black" That is just stupid. There are white people stuck there too, just old white people, because the rest of the white people had enough since to get out, unlike the black people. I feel sorry for the people that are trapped there, even though I thought God gave them enough since to get out, but they should have left. Like duh It says the storm is going to hit you dead on, and you say I'm going to stay here and die. My god you are underwater. I think anybody that says Bush hates white are stupid. Bush did his best in this situation. If you "have" to blame anyone it would be FEMA.
.Ashley.
.Ashley.
September 8th, 2005 at 09:38pm
Now on the the thing about how everything is in Iraq (armymen and supplies). How to put it in words...thats bullshit.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
September 9th, 2005 at 07:22am
spongebob_green_day_lover:
<Anna>:

Oh my God you made me laugh so fucking hard. "Bush hates black" That is just stupid. There are white people stuck there too, just old white people, because the rest of the white people had enough since to get out, unlike the black people. I feel sorry for the people that are trapped there, even though I thought God gave them enough since to get out, but they should have left. Like duh It says the storm is going to hit you dead on, and you say I'm going to stay here and die. My god you are underwater. I think anybody that says Bush hates white are stupid. Bush did his best in this situation. If you "have" to blame anyone it would be FEMA.

Many people in New orleans are under the poverty line, they didn't have the money or transportation to escape after the warning was given.
[XxXflowerfairyXxX]
King For A Couple Of Days
[XxXflowerfairyXxX]
September 9th, 2005 at 11:43am
To me this is just like a post-nuclear war situation, people are looting and commiting crimes and there is no sense of law and order anymore. It reminds me of that Robert Swindells book - Brother in the land that I was forced to read for english.
.Ashley.
.Ashley.
September 9th, 2005 at 05:10pm
NeoSteph:
<Anna>:

Many people in New orleans are under the poverty line, they didn't have the money or transportation to escape after the warning was given.

They could have walked out. You don't need money to walk out of a place.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
September 9th, 2005 at 08:17pm
NeoSteph:
<Anna>:

thats what got 1000 people killed, they did try to walk out, but your talking about a 100 mile hike to the safety zone, it's not as simple as walking out over swamp land in a middle of a storm, remember people didn't know how bad Katrina was going to be until after the storm has started.
.Ashley.
.Ashley.
September 10th, 2005 at 09:57am
NeoSteph:
NeoSteph:
<Anna>:

thats what got 1000 people killed, they did try to walk out, but your talking about a 100 mile hike to the safety zone, it's not as simple as walking out over swamp land in a middle of a storm, remember people didn't know how bad Katrina was going to be until after the storm has started.

The 1000 people that died didn't walk out before the storm hit but after. Most died from stand/sitting on the bypass, Interstate 10 I believe, and nobody knew they were there, till Sharper Smith, a news anchor man for Fox, told them that alot of people were on there. And another one is/was when they people were trying to leave they got shot by civilian snipers, so are government brought SWATs snipers in to kill the civilian snipers that was shooting the snipers.

The nearest place to save in Baton Rouge which is about 20-30 mile walk. And you are really want to save you life you could make that 20-30 mile walk.
suzie_k
suzie_k
September 10th, 2005 at 05:31pm
I found this and i thought it was an interesting comparison

A small comparison of catastrophies - in India and the States
Inches of rain in New Orleans due to Hurricane Katrina - 18
Inches of rain in Mumbai (July 27th) - 37.1

Population of New Orleans - 484,674
Population of Mumbai - 12,622,500

Deaths in New Orleans within 48 hours of Katrina - 100
Deaths in Mumbai within 48 hours of rain - 37

Number of people to be evacuated in New Orleans - entire city... wohh
Number of people evacuated in Mumbai - 10,000

Cases of shooting and violence in New Orleans - countless
Cases of shooting and violence in Mumbai - NONE

Time taken for US army to reach New Orleans - 48 hours
Time taken for Indian army and navy to reach Mumbai - 12 hours

Status 48 hours later - New Orleans is still waiting for relief, army and electricty
Status 48 hours later - Mumbai is back on its feet and is business is as usual

USA - world's most developed nation
India - third world country

Oops... did I get the last fact wrong?
Jai Maharashtr
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
September 10th, 2005 at 06:46pm
NeoSteph:
NeoSteph:
<Anna>:

The 1000 people that died didn't walk out before the storm hit but after. Most died from stand/sitting on the bypass, Interstate 10 I believe, and nobody knew they were there, till Sharper Smith, a news anchor man for Fox, told them that alot of people were on there. And another one is/was when they people were trying to leave they got shot by civilian snipers, so are government brought SWATs snipers in to kill the civilian snipers that was shooting the snipers.

The nearest place to save in Baton Rouge which is about 20-30 mile walk. And you are really want to save you life you could make that 20-30 mile walk.

on average a man can walk 3 miles an hour, so in normal conditions that 10 hours walking, not to mention the forced winds and rains, yes i'm sure if you wanted to save your life you would walk, but what i'm trying to say is it's not as simple as getting up and wlalking out, which is what your trying to suggest.
.Ashley.
.Ashley.
September 10th, 2005 at 07:16pm
NeoSteph:
NeoSteph:
NeoSteph:
<Anna>:

on average a man can walk 3 miles an hour, so in normal conditions that 10 hours walking, not to mention the forced winds and rains, yes i'm sure if you wanted to save your life you would walk, but what i'm trying to say is it's not as simple as getting up and wlalking out, which is what your trying to suggest.

I wasn't suggesting that it was easy, yeah It would be hard to walk in the wind and the rain. I know b/c I tried it when the strom came through.I was about 15 miles away from the eye and on the east side, the worst side of the strom. I never meant to make it sound so easy.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
September 10th, 2005 at 07:20pm
NeoSteph:
NeoSteph:
NeoSteph:
<Anna>:

I wasn't suggesting that it was easy, yeah It would be hard to walk in the wind and the rain. I know b/c I tried it when the strom came through.I was about 15 miles away from the eye and on the east side, the worst side of the strom. I never meant to make it sound so easy.

''They could have walked out. You don't need money to walk out of a place.'' - sorry it just came across like that
.Ashley.
.Ashley.
September 10th, 2005 at 07:27pm
NeoSteph:
NeoSteph:
NeoSteph:
NeoSteph:
<Anna>:

''They could have walked out. You don't need money to walk out of a place.'' - sorry it just came across like that

But its the truth. Yeah it'll been hard.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
September 10th, 2005 at 07:32pm
some people would of been trapped because of the flooding, plus entrance too the main Highways (freeways) would of been impossible
.Ashley.
.Ashley.
September 10th, 2005 at 07:37pm
NeoSteph:
some people would of been trapped because of the flooding, plus entrance too the main Highways (freeways) would of been impossible

Most people are trapped and/or dead in there homes. Right now b/c they tried to ride-out the strom in there homes. The National Guard said most died in their attics.
Register