Current Event: Hurricane Katrina

AuthorMessage
Dom
Jackass
Dom
September 3rd, 2005 at 06:48am
rar:
The people don't deserve help......well little kids and decrepit old people do.....but everyone else gets what they deserve for living in a place that they know will be fucked up yearly......you still have to give them help though...and the bush administration waited an entire day before doing anything at all....the people should stop complaining about not getting help fast enough though....the ones complaining are still able to do things...and are in good health....maybe just hungry and thirsty....so instead of complaining about how they don't have help.....maybe they should help the ones who are now even lower than them....the ones that need medical attention...or help with rescue efforts....that way the whole process will be sped up and their problems can be solved quicker.
The people who were affected deserve what happens is still what i think no matter what...they are idiots...and idiots will do stupid things.....like build a large city in an area that gets hurricanes yearly...
a bigger conern is gas prices...they are ridiculous....the jump was more price gouging...which has been happening for years....gas was about a dollar a gallon....and greed got that raised to over 2 and a half dollars! now because they can...and are greedy...they have gotten over 6 dollars in some places.....it's ridiculous....before the hurricane hit the us was getting a LOT more oil than what was needed for the us....but instead we get imported oil so they can jack the prices up....and now....they use the temporary loss of some oil as an excuse to jack up the prices again. im done with this now but know that i do have sympathy for peoples deaths...that is always a sad thing...however the recent hundreds of thousands of homeless people deserve it.

They deserve it? Do you honeslty think they would carry on living there if they had to? It's because nobodys going to buy their houses if they live somewhere that constantly gets hurricanes.
asphinctersayswhat
Idiot
asphinctersayswhat
September 3rd, 2005 at 11:00am
rar:
rar:
The people don't deserve help......well little kids and decrepit old people do.....but everyone else gets what they deserve for living in a place that they know will be fucked up yearly......you still have to give them help though...and the bush administration waited an entire day before doing anything at all....the people should stop complaining about not getting help fast enough though....the ones complaining are still able to do things...and are in good health....maybe just hungry and thirsty....so instead of complaining about how they don't have help.....maybe they should help the ones who are now even lower than them....the ones that need medical attention...or help with rescue efforts....that way the whole process will be sped up and their problems can be solved quicker.
The people who were affected deserve what happens is still what i think no matter what...they are idiots...and idiots will do stupid things.....like build a large city in an area that gets hurricanes yearly...
a bigger conern is gas prices...they are ridiculous....the jump was more price gouging...which has been happening for years....gas was about a dollar a gallon....and greed got that raised to over 2 and a half dollars! now because they can...and are greedy...they have gotten over 6 dollars in some places.....it's ridiculous....before the hurricane hit the us was getting a LOT more oil than what was needed for the us....but instead we get imported oil so they can jack the prices up....and now....they use the temporary loss of some oil as an excuse to jack up the prices again. im done with this now but know that i do have sympathy for peoples deaths...that is always a sad thing...however the recent hundreds of thousands of homeless people deserve it.

Who the hell said anything about drugs? or other homeless people?
The people don't deserve anything. Why would you build a huge city in a place that you know would get hit by hurricanes yearly....I didn't steryotype every one......so you think before you say anything......Why would I care about people who are so stupid and live somewhere knowing they will have damaged or destroyed houses all the time.....I'm not giving them money.....where i live...we never get anything.....and the city is not very big...why wouldn't they build a large city here instead? They are just stupid and don't deserve anything. But the little kids and people who couldn't decide whether or not they lived there do deserve stuff...because they were stuck.....but other people....should have moved out of these places 70 years ago. That is why it is a bigger concern about the price of oil to me. Things like this make me laugh......the loss of lives however does saden me...and i feel bad for people dying...and people losing people that they love....but still...they brought it on themselves.

The people in good health are maybe just hungry and thirsty? People are DYING of dehydration, and hunger. And most people that are/were there, were living in/near contaminated waters. Contaminated with disease, snakes, runoff.

How can you say they are idiots for building a city there?! New Orleans is a very important port city for this country. And it was established way back, when they needed it (not saying they dont now). When port cites were the only way to get thing imported and exported. And not just every costal city can handle huge masses of ships like that. How can you say they deserve something for just LIVING there. Some people cant choose where they live because of their jobs, or families. A lot of the elderly people couldnt leave because they dont have cars, or family to help them. But the people that were capable of leaving, and didnt evacuate when they knew a category 5 hurricane was headed their way, they are the stupid ones.

And for the gas prices, I would say that Hurricane Katrina definatly caused prices to jump. But that is definatly NOT the most important thing we need to worry about. If the people that drive huge gas guzzling SUV's are bitching about it, they are being SUCH hypocrites. If they dont like it, they should/shouldve been conserving gas, by driving less, helping get bills passes, buying hybrid cars, and using public transportation.

And I still cant believe you said that just because they live in those states, they should get killed. Its not just New Orleans, bunches of places have been completly ruined. That is so ignorant. New Orleans is a pretty big city, there were tourists that died because they flew all the airplanes out so they wouldnt get ruined. I bet there are things that would've changed your life if it wasnt for New Orleans.
Headfirst For Halos
Falling In Love With The Board
Headfirst For Halos
September 3rd, 2005 at 05:49pm
spill_no_sick:
lmfao
you're using him as a scapegoat for a natural disaster, I'm just saying you're being very unfair to him, he's the president, not Superman, he can't fix the city in a few days, it won't be fixed for a few years, it was a shitty city

it was built below sea level, frequent hurricanes, faulty dams
c'mon, how can you be so selfish as to blame this on Bush, he's helped more than you have

Well, it certainly didn't help that he cut the New Orleans flood control fund by 44%.
Besides, not everyone is talking about him rebuilding the whole city. It's just the people there don't seem to be getting much help. Confused
Ilse
Ilse
September 3rd, 2005 at 08:40pm
Can we all just calm the fuck down?

Everyone has a valid opinion, so let's not rip eachother apart.
Baguelle
King For A Couple Of Days
Baguelle
September 3rd, 2005 at 09:12pm
They are getting enough help. They're getting as much as we can give so far. I'm just not so sad about it because:

1: They chose not to leave the city when they had the choice.
and...
2: They complain about it without thinking
slamdancing25
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
slamdancing25
September 3rd, 2005 at 11:04pm
the situation in new orleans is an embarassment to the entire u.s. government. im canadian, and the only way i can help is to give money to the canadian red cross because who knows where its going if i give it directly to the states? 1 in 3 people from new orleans have been living below the fucking poverty line after katrina hit the coast and its been like that for WAY too long. whats everyone waiting for? this is complete chaos, expecially coming from one of the "richest" and financially powerful countries in the world. FOR SHAME.
No Knowledge Of Love
Idiot
No Knowledge Of Love
September 4th, 2005 at 04:58am
Is anybody donating money? I'm planning to.
eberneezer_egghead
eberneezer_egghead
September 4th, 2005 at 08:08am
I wonder what help the UK will send over? Isn't it true that 10,000 are dead?
*unwanted*
Jackass
*unwanted*
September 4th, 2005 at 09:05am
I know we have sent people and medicines over.. Don't know how many though
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
September 4th, 2005 at 11:06pm
Dom:
spill_no_sick:
lmfao
you're using him as a scapegoat for a natural disaster, I'm just saying you're being very unfair to him, he's the president, not Superman, he can't fix the city in a few days, it won't be fixed for a few years, it was a shitty city

it was built below sea level, frequent hurricanes, faulty dams
c'mon, how can you be so selfish as to blame this on Bush, he's helped more than you have
Thats all relative to what the person has. With all the resources he has as the President I don't think hes given as much aid as he could have, or quickly enough. But most people dont have the same amount of resources so what they do give could be a lot more to them. So its difficult to compare how much people have done to help.

...i think that made sense....

you all give the president too much credit in the sense that you think he has the power to do anything
he doesn't, it's not even his job to care about it, but he's doing the best he can with what's available (of course he spend billions of dollars on this, but reasonably, he's making the most of available resources)
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
September 4th, 2005 at 11:15pm
slamdancing25:
the situation in new orleans is an embarassment to the entire u.s. government. im canadian, and the only way i can help is to give money to the canadian red cross because who knows where its going if i give it directly to the states? 1 in 3 people from new orleans have been living below the fucking poverty line after katrina hit the coast and its been like that for WAY too long. whats everyone waiting for? this is complete chaos, expecially coming from one of the "richest" and financially powerful countries in the world. FOR SHAME.
shut up, I love Canadia too, but NEVER insult the U.S.A. like that
we have this whole thing where the people are poor as hell, they veiw this as an apacolypse so there's tremendous amounts of rape, murder and burglary going on, it's not even safe down there, some helecopters were damanged from gun shots
we did the most we could, the people who lived in New Orleans did live in the dumbest place to live in our country, but our government is being attacked so hard that it's becoming difficult to execute anything
people are blaming the government for only having one crane rebuild the damn: there was no more room for any other cranes in all the wreck
people blame the government for spending dam money on vacation time: fuck them, we built that dam two years ago to withstand force three huricanes, it was better than the original design
people are blaming the government for not spending as much as we have: we're spending too much on everything, shut the fuck hippies! we're in debt, we're not spending it on every charity possible
I've always been one to be open-minded and truthful even if it hurts my position, but Bush isn't good with money, I will admit that, we shouldn't be spending as much as we are with the debt we have, you people who attack the government for popularity (Kathy Griffin, Eminem, even Green Day, mainly every one else) you are actually making the situation worse and harder to deal with and execute

SO QUIT TAKING THE WORST FUCKING TRADGEDIES AND MAKING THEM A POPULARITY CONTEST TO SEE WHO CAN CRITIZE THE GOVERNMENT MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1134
Dry Ice
Jackass
Dry Ice
September 4th, 2005 at 11:54pm
I live here in Texas and everyone says that there are too many people coming over here and that we don't have enough room for them
asphinctersayswhat
Idiot
asphinctersayswhat
September 5th, 2005 at 10:07am
spill_no_sick:
slamdancing25:
we have this whole thing where the people are poor as hell, they veiw this as an apacolypse so there's tremendous amounts of rape, murder and burglary going on, it's not even safe down there, some helecopters were damanged from gun shots
we did the most we could, the people who lived in New Orleans did live in the dumbest place to live in our country, but our government is being attacked so hard that it's becoming difficult to execute anything
people are blaming the government for only having one crane rebuild the damn: there was no more room for any other cranes in all the wreck
people blame the government for spending dam money on vacation time: fuck them, we built that dam two years ago to withstand force three huricanes, it was better than the original design
people are blaming the government for not spending as much as we have: we're spending too much on everything, shut the fuck hippies! we're in debt, we're not spending it on every charity possible
I've always been one to be open-minded and truthful even if it hurts my position, but Bush isn't good with money, I will admit that, we shouldn't be spending as much as we are with the debt we have, you people who attack the government for popularity (Kathy Griffin, Eminem, even Green Day, mainly every one else) you are actually making the situation worse and harder to deal with and execute

SO QUIT TAKING THE WORST FUCKING TRADGEDIES AND MAKING THEM A POPULARITY CONTEST TO SEE WHO CAN CRITIZE THE GOVERNMENT MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1134

that is so true... But i dont think the government should be spending money on vacation time, especially if they are spending too much money on everything else.

And New Orleans has become completly inhabitable now. But I'm not sure what you're supposed to do about that. If people are shooting down helicopters... it so horrible that is what is happening in the world. With crime in general, all the rapes, murders, robberies.
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
September 5th, 2005 at 12:48pm
asphinctersayswhat:
spill_no_sick:
slamdancing25:

that is so true... But i dont think the government should be spending money on vacation time, especially if they are spending too much money on everything else.

And New Orleans has become completly inhabitable now. But I'm not sure what you're supposed to do about that. If people are shooting down helicopters... it so horrible that is what is happening in the world. With crime in general, all the rapes, murders, robberies.

they aren't spending any on vacation, especially now
Fawchy.
Jackass
Fawchy.
September 5th, 2005 at 01:44pm
I think the accusation that people rescues the white and rich before the black, might not be completely true, but theres something in it. The other day it was a picture of a white guy in the newspaper, and it said: 'White man manages to find food in a store!', and in the same paper the next day, there was a picture of a black man and it said: 'Black man plunders store.'
I dont think that everyone does this, but some might.
Mikelvr
King For A Couple Of Days
Mikelvr
September 5th, 2005 at 02:25pm
Well... I only heard about the things Celine Dion says... I read a little but not that much. I saw pictures, though, and I hope people will get help. Being a kid and having no budget, the only thing I can do is pray for them.
No Knowledge Of Love
Idiot
No Knowledge Of Love
September 5th, 2005 at 10:10pm
greendayrox_07:
I live here in Texas and everyone says that there are too many people coming over here and that we don't have enough room for them

that's pretty mean...i dont mind if they came to california. i mean, what if texans somehow got a hurricane over there and you needed to move louisiana, how'd you feel if someone said "oh we dont have anymore room, you need to go somewhere else"???
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
September 6th, 2005 at 02:58pm
you all, there's no racism, but 2/3 of their population was black to begin with, so it's not that big a deal that 2/3 of the victims were black
asphinctersayswhat
Idiot
asphinctersayswhat
September 6th, 2005 at 06:39pm
spill_no_sick:
asphinctersayswhat:
spill_no_sick:
slamdancing25:

they aren't spending any on vacation, especially now

they are... there was an article in the paper about how theyre giving away trips to Las Vegas to the New Orleans police dept. and such.

But a lot of the law officials are leaving their jobs.
No Knowledge Of Love
Idiot
No Knowledge Of Love
September 6th, 2005 at 10:21pm
I agree with Kanye West, I think Bush does dislike black ppl, and when I heard Kanye say that, it made me fuckin sad. It's just the fact that a lot of effin ppl voted for a president that is racsit.
Register