Green Day Song Misunderstandings

AuthorMessage
SARAnade
King For A Couple Of Days
SARAnade
January 10th, 2006 at 08:36pm
billiejoeissoawesome2432:
Smart Ass Playing Dumb:
Well u can post what u thought the songs were saying or what some sound like.

I thought in nice guys finish last was When you are the outkast instead of when u run out of gas lol.

Laughing
hey that's what i thought too!!!! Cool Laughing

me too...he he..then i read the lyrics cause i sounded like a loser..Sad
SARAnade
King For A Couple Of Days
SARAnade
January 10th, 2006 at 08:40pm
i used to think in hitchin a ride it was " empty and drying" but its really "i'm dehydrating"
This Friend That Sees
Geek
This Friend That Sees
January 10th, 2006 at 09:19pm
LovesBillieJoe:
i used to think in hitchin a ride it was " empty and drying" but its really "i'm dehydrating"
ha, i thought it was "Empty and jaded".

Its all good though......=)
GreenDayislife
Idiot
GreenDayislife
January 10th, 2006 at 09:27pm
October:

Welcome to Paradise
"I wanna take you through a wasteland I like to call my own"
I wanna take poo a wasteland that I can call my own

im pretty sure its "i wanna take you through a wasteland i like to call my home" my sister and i had a fight about that one day...
x Miss Murder x
Geek
x Miss Murder x
January 10th, 2006 at 09:36pm
lmao i used to think in holiday it was
'just cuz, just cuz because we've all gone gay!"
instead of
"just cuz just cause because we're outlaws yeah"
lmfao
GreenDayislife
Idiot
GreenDayislife
January 10th, 2006 at 09:50pm
x breakdance not hearts x:
lmao i used to think in holiday it was
'just cuz, just cuz because we've all gone gay!"
instead of
"just cuz just cause because we're outlaws yeah"
lmfao

lmfao. that sounds familiar. i think someone i know though the same thing..wasnt me though.

you guys should have heard my sister and my version of Platypus. we tried to figure out what he was saying without looking at the lyrics.
its started out "your ass, and balls are up aginst the wall"
instead of "you rise and fall back up against the wall"
and believe me it only got worse from there... Rolling Eyes
The Cheese
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
The Cheese
January 11th, 2006 at 04:55am
Well I and my friend (pojo) went to a store to look for Green Day cd's and then we found a book called "hits 2005" it had lyrics and notes in it. There were also BOBD and Holiday and we thought it was cool and started to read the lyrics. BUT they were f*cked up: in Holiday they sing: "zieg heil to president gasman" but in the book they were seek out for the president gasman, "it's not the way that's meant for me" was It's the way that's meant for me and "Just cause, just cause because we're outlaws yeah" was because were all okay. There were also mistakes in BOBD. The book also said that the lyrics were by Billy Joe, Frank Wright III and Michael Pritchard. They didn't even know Mike's and Tre's names. We were like what the..?! Crappy book!
Jay Tee
Had A Life Before GSB
Jay Tee

Mibba Blog
January 11th, 2006 at 05:08am
Well OK this isn't really Green Day, but here goes anyway. For ages I thought that the line in Pink Floyd's Comfortably Numb was:

"There is no pain you are a city"

When it actually is "There is no pain you are receding". Man I must have looked a total ass singing the first one.
It'll never beat my Holiday one, though:

"Another polltaxer has to crush a lime"

hahahahaaaaaaaaaaa oh good times... I think that was like a week after the album was released and I can still remember it. lalalala PHYSICS SUCKS!
Insurgentes
Post Whore
Insurgentes

Mibba
January 11th, 2006 at 08:37am
In Redundant Where Billie says I love you is not enough of a loss for words...
I'm a retard..He actually says I love you's not enough. I'm lost for words
Retard
Roses For The Dead
Falling In Love With The Board
Roses For The Dead
January 11th, 2006 at 08:45am
oh up until like 3 days ago, in She
i thought Billie says "Ive been feeling like a social tool without a use"
but its "Are you feeling like a social tool without a use"

makes more sense now Wink

ive only been listening to that song for the past two years! Rolling Eyes
Insurgentes
Post Whore
Insurgentes

Mibba
January 11th, 2006 at 08:53am
scattered_whatsername:

I've been listening to Redundant for the past 5 Shocked
lmfao
Bittersweet World
Banned
Bittersweet World

Blog
January 11th, 2006 at 09:36am
The Cheese:
Well I and my friend (pojo) went to a store to look for Green Day cd's and then we found a book called "hits 2005" it had lyrics and notes in it. There were also BOBD and Holiday and we thought it was cool and started to read the lyrics. BUT they were f*cked up: in Holiday they sing: "zieg heil to president gasman" but in the book they were seek out for the president gasman, "it's not the way that's meant for me" was It's the way that's meant for me and "Just cause, just cause because we're outlaws yeah" was because were all okay. There were also mistakes in BOBD. The book also said that the lyrics were by Billy Joe, Frank Wright III and Michael Pritchard. They didn't even know Mike's and Tre's names. We were like what the..?! Crappy book!

Wow dude....Sorry to break it too you but those are Tre's and Mike's real names. Tre' legally changed his name but I dont believe Mike has.

I've heard of this 'Billy Joe', are you sure this wasnt the lyrics to a 'greenday' song? It could've been.
Bittersweet World
Banned
Bittersweet World

Blog
January 11th, 2006 at 09:38am
scattered_whatsername:

lmfao lmfao

I've only been listening to it for the past 11. Rolling Eyes
Insurgentes
Post Whore
Insurgentes

Mibba
January 11th, 2006 at 09:42am
Shenanigans With A Nimrod:
scattered_whatsername:

lmfao lmfao

I've only been listening to it for the past 11. Rolling Eyes
Same here
lmfao
Bittersweet World
Banned
Bittersweet World

Blog
January 11th, 2006 at 09:45am
I seriously dont understand how you could get the lyrics wrong. Confused

Thats prob just me though...
Insurgentes
Post Whore
Insurgentes

Mibba
January 11th, 2006 at 09:58am
I seriously dont understand how you could get the lyrics wrong. Confused

Thats prob just me though...
i never got the lyrics to she wrong but I did a couple of other songs...Confused
Bittersweet World
Banned
Bittersweet World

Blog
January 11th, 2006 at 10:00am
The only song hard to understand at first is Platypus (I Hate You), but thats still only at first...
Insurgentes
Post Whore
Insurgentes

Mibba
January 11th, 2006 at 10:26am
The only song hard to understand at first is Platypus (I Hate You), but thats still only at first...
That one stumped me too..
pojo
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
pojo
January 11th, 2006 at 11:59am
Shenanigans With A Nimrod
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:36 pm Post subject:
The Cheese wrote:

Wow dude....Sorry to break it too you but those are Tre's and Mike's real names. Tre' legally changed his name but I dont believe Mike has.

I've heard of this 'Billy Joe', are you sure this wasnt the lyrics to a 'greenday' song? It could've been.

agfjkagsdöjsaöjsjsröja of course I and The Cheese knew that tre nad mike has chanced their names WE'RE NOT THAT STUPID but now their names are tre and mike so it was kind of stupid to put their old names into the book and of course it was a green day song if it was holiday and the lyrics was written by "Billy Joe Armstrong" so WE ARE NOT THE STUPID ONES HERE just the makers of the book
Insurgentes
Post Whore
Insurgentes

Mibba
January 11th, 2006 at 12:33pm
pojo:
Shenanigans With A Nimrod
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:36 pm Post subject:
The Cheese wrote:

agfjkagsdöjsaöjsjsröja of course I and The Cheese knew that tre nad mike has chanced their names WE'RE NOT THAT STUPID but now their names are tre and mike so it was kind of stupid to put their old names into the book and of course it was a green day song if it was holiday and the lyrics was written by "Billy Joe Armstrong" so WE ARE NOT THE STUPID ONES HERE just the makers of the book
Idiots...It's BILLIE not Billy...
Register