Green Day Song Misunderstandings

AuthorMessage
The Cheese
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
The Cheese
January 11th, 2006 at 12:34pm
Wow dude....Sorry to break it too you but those are Tre's and Mike's real names. Tre' legally changed his name but I dont believe Mike has.

I've heard of this 'Billy Joe', are you sure this wasnt the lyrics to a 'greenday' song? It could've been.

Holy shit, of course we know Mike's and Tre's real names, we know they have changed them. What I told you was that the book has their old names. And believe it or not I know what is a Green Day song what is not.

Otherwise I wouldn't be here! Geez..
pojo
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
pojo
January 11th, 2006 at 12:41pm
pojo wrote:
Quote:
Shenanigans With A Nimrod
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:36 pm Post subject:
The Cheese wrote:
Well I and my friend (pojo) went to a store to look for Green Day cd's and then we found a book called "hits 2005" it had lyrics and notes in it. There were also BOBD and Holiday and we thought it was cool and started to read the lyrics. BUT they were f*cked up: in Holiday they sing: "zieg heil to president gasman" but in the book they were seek out for the president gasman, "it's not the way that's meant for me" was It's the way that's meant for me and "Just cause, just cause because we're outlaws yeah" was because were all okay. There were also mistakes in BOBD. The book also said that the lyrics were by Billy Joe, Frank Wright III and Michael Pritchard. They didn't even know Mike's and Tre's names. We were like what the..?! Crappy book!

Wow dude....Sorry to break it too you but those are Tre's and Mike's real names. Tre' legally changed his name but I dont believe Mike has.

I've heard of this 'Billy Joe', are you sure this wasnt the lyrics to a 'greenday' song? It could've been.

agfjkagsdöjsaöjsjsröja of course I and The Cheese knew that tre nad mike has chanced their names WE'RE NOT THAT STUPID but now their names are tre and mike so it was kind of stupid to put their old names into the book and of course it was a green day song if it was holiday and the lyrics was written by "Billy Joe Armstrong" so WE ARE NOT THE STUPID ONES HERE just the makers of the book
Idiots...It's BILLIE not Billy...

read the whole thing IN THAT CRAPPY BOOK IT WAS WRITTEN BILLY JOE I guess I have to repeat what I said we're not IDIOTS kusipäät.... raah
shadowavenger
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
shadowavenger
January 11th, 2006 at 03:06pm
Shenanigans With A Nimrod:
I seriously dont understand how you could get the lyrics wrong. Confused

Thats prob just me though...

as my hearing is shitty I always check the lyrics in CD booklets or on the net, cuz i sometimes have very interesting interpretations of what i think lyrics are. I love Green Day for printing the lyrics in the booklets, its so irritating when there are no lyrics and you have to guess, especially now lyrics sites are illegal or something assmunching like that.
gd_punk_chick_27
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
gd_punk_chick_27
January 11th, 2006 at 03:36pm
*GreenDayLuver*:
Donut cream! Thatz hilarious. Very Happy
My friend thought that it was "I wish someone monavillie find me." instead of "i wish someone out there will find me." i know that makes no sense but thatz just wat she thought.
I thought that it was "after ten cups of coffee and bacon" instead of "after ten cups of coffee im thinkin." Bacon..Thinking..It sounds the same to me lol
i thought the exact same thing weird!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Laughing
gd_punk_chick_27
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
gd_punk_chick_27
January 11th, 2006 at 03:39pm
OMG wer hav all my posts gone 1 post?????? wot the hell?
SARAnade
King For A Couple Of Days
SARAnade
January 11th, 2006 at 07:05pm
Mike's Lover:
Shenanigans With A Nimrod:
The only song hard to understand at first is Platypus (I Hate You), but thats still only at first...
That one stumped me too..

i found it hard to understand platypus too.... omg when i realised what it said it was my new fav green day song
SARAnade
SARAnade
January 11th, 2006 at 07:06pm
gd_punk_chick_27:
OMG wer hav all my posts gone 1 post?????? wot the hell?

ya how does that happen?? pple are always saying stuff like that....i hope it doesnt happen to me!!
pojo
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
pojo
January 17th, 2006 at 12:24pm
In st.Jimmy when it says "suicide commando that your momma talked about" I thought for a while that it said "she's psycomental that your...." then I tought oh god it can't be "she" I was so stupid and I don't even know if psychomental is a word...
Jax.
Was Here Two Weeks Ago
Jax.
January 17th, 2006 at 12:27pm
I found it quite hard to hear some lyrics form 1039/SOSH. I dont think Billie Joe sings clearly on that at all. Other than that, I find it all easy.
the crucible.
Idiot
the crucible.
January 17th, 2006 at 12:58pm
I thought 'the world owes me so fuck you' was the world's a piece of fuck you. i was so wrong.
shadowavenger
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
shadowavenger
January 17th, 2006 at 04:05pm
Today I was watching BIAB with my mum and sister and my mother insisted that "Where is my motivation" in Longview was "where is my mad alsatian". They've driven me mad all day singing "i got no mad alsatian, where is my mad alsatian?". I may never be able to listen to Longview again.
Stuart and the Avenue
Jackass
Stuart and the Avenue
January 17th, 2006 at 04:08pm
shadowavenger:
Today I was watching BIAB with my mum and sister and my mother insisted that "Where is my motivation" in Longview was "where is my mad alsatian". They've driven me mad all day singing "i got no mad alsatian, where is my mad alsatian?". I may never be able to listen to Longview again.

hhahahahaha lol

erm... I used to think the line after "Struck down" in Stuck With Me was just some random garble.

Sometimes i cant understand stuff in Geek Stink Breath or Jaded.
Diskoh
Falling In Love With The Board
Diskoh

Mibba
January 17th, 2006 at 04:14pm
I thought in 'She' the lyrics were;

'Scream at me until my ears bleed
i'll take it in just for you'

not;
'I'm taking heed just for you'

heh Cool
Queen_of_Fools
Geek
Queen_of_Fools
January 17th, 2006 at 04:15pm
I had a hard time understanding what the fuck he was singing in Bab's Uvula Who?
Queen_of_Fools
Geek
Queen_of_Fools
January 17th, 2006 at 04:19pm
The first time I heard Time of your life I thought "for what it's worth, it was worth all the while" sounded like "The water's wet, it was wet all the while". lol.
Diskoh
Diskoh

Mibba
January 17th, 2006 at 04:20pm
Pretty and Demented:
LeatherxThong:
>>loser<<:
my sister once thought that 'don't agree' in holiday was 'donut cream'
lmfao
now that i think of it, it does sound like donut cream

lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao
Donut cream?

'Kill all the fags at Donut Cream!' If there really is a donut shop somewhere called Donut Cream, I bet they are seriously shitting themselves, expecting this army of GD fans that thinks Billie is ordering them to kill these poor donut people! Shocked

lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao

That made me laugh so much.
Diskoh
Diskoh

Mibba
January 17th, 2006 at 04:24pm
Jimmy4Whatsername:
Now this has to be the stupidest misheard lyric ever.
The first time I was listening to American Idiot, whenever it said Rage and Love, I heard Rachel Love.

Everyone was amazed that I was the only person who new whatsername's real name.

ZoMgz me too Very Happy
Stuart and the Avenue
Jackass
Stuart and the Avenue
January 17th, 2006 at 04:26pm
Loser.:
Jimmy4Whatsername:
Now this has to be the stupidest misheard lyric ever.
The first time I was listening to American Idiot, whenever it said Rage and Love, I heard Rachel Love.

Everyone was amazed that I was the only person who new whatsername's real name.

ZoMgz me too Very Happy

zomg lol
SARAnade
SARAnade
January 17th, 2006 at 04:56pm
i thought in when i come around it was 'sell donuts at my door' instead of 'so dont knock down my door'
will work for tacos
Geek
will work for tacos
January 19th, 2006 at 08:19pm
my friend thought that in the grouch it said "i was a young boy that had gay friends" instead of "i was a young boy that had big plans
Register