Stereotypes, social groups & discrimination.

AuthorMessage
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
July 10th, 2007 at 08:15am
Cr!Xa_Punkrocker!:
Discrimination sucks!!!!
OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG I DIDN'T KNOW THAT!!!1
anti social
Jackass
anti social
July 14th, 2007 at 08:57pm
I think it's perfectly normal in a society so developed like ours. It's just the [occasional?] violence in between them that should be stopped.
missand
Geek
missand

Mibba
July 15th, 2007 at 06:45pm
Okay I'm a punk with attitude, I wear the clothes, I have the hair and I have the attitude. You know the drill.

I got to church okay and I'm proud of it( sometimes)

But I've been asked to not spike my hair, take out my piercings, wear normal clothes because the church doesn't like it.

Its not a normal thing this time, its to show the new ministers whats what, so basically I've to be something I'm not because my mum and gran doesn't want to get embarassed

I wasn't even asked if I wanted to do it, but I am expected to change because some asshole don't like it. If you read inbetween the line's my family is basically saying that they are embarassed because of me. i feel my selfconfidence knocked back.
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
July 15th, 2007 at 07:20pm
missand:
Okay I'm a punk with attitude, I wear the clothes, I have the hair and I have the attitude. You know the drill.

I got to church okay and I'm proud of it( sometimes)

But I've been asked to not spike my hair, take out my piercings, wear normal clothes because the church doesn't like it.

Its not a normal thing this time, its to show the new ministers whats what, so basically I've to be something I'm not because my mum and gran doesn't want to get embarassed

I wasn't even asked if I wanted to do it, but I am expected to change because some asshole don't like it. If you read inbetween the line's my family is basically saying that they are embarassed because of me. i feel my selfconfidence knocked back.
Punks don't got to church srsly, what kinda punk are you?

Look, a church is a place to be respect and you can not assume that your appearance is going to be accepted there. When I had my confirmation, I didn't wear my Chucks and I didn't wear all the stuff I usually do. There is a dress code for church. Besides you say that you are proud that you are going to church, then you surely know how to behave there?
missand
Geek
missand

Mibba
July 15th, 2007 at 07:59pm
Listen people accept me the way I am or not at all, and there is no dress code for church its a fuckin building.
missand
Geek
missand

Mibba
July 15th, 2007 at 08:03pm
What do you mean what kind of punk am I?

Oh so now we've got to follow rules,

"Punks don't go to church"

who actually gives a fuck if i do or not, they accepted me when I was brought into the church and will respect me until the day I die
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
July 15th, 2007 at 08:08pm
Judging by what you earlier posted, that doesn't seem to be true.
Holly Golightly
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Holly Golightly
July 15th, 2007 at 08:40pm
In Russia discrimination meets continually....every day i hear in news that skinheads have beaten emo-girl or emo-boy...i don't like russian emos too,but skinheads i don't love more!
awful people...
earlier they beat foreigners (Afro-Americans and Chineses)... and have now appeared emos...It not patriotism, is dullness...
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
July 15th, 2007 at 08:58pm
Sarcasm.

And btw, church isn't just a building, it shouldn't be for a believer, and based and what you have posted you are one.

Rules don't have to be written for us to know that they exist. There is a dress code for church, just like there is a dress code for funerals and weddings. Are you going to wear a pink tutu when your grandpa dies? No. Is it written anywhere that you mustn't? Not really, but you still aren't doing it. Its not up to a person to decide, its just the way it is. The fact that they have accepted you by your birth them doesn't take the right to ask you to dress normally away.
missand
Geek
missand

Mibba
July 16th, 2007 at 11:50am
Its got nothing to do with them how I dress or how I act, I wore all my punk stuff to my aunts wedding no one saw that as a problem. I wear the same stuff every single week, but the fact is I don't need to pretend to be someone else just to be in the church.

God accepts you the way you are, so why can't others.
cabot gal
GSBitch
cabot gal

Mibba
July 16th, 2007 at 05:11pm
missand:
I lol'd, sorry to say.

If you're a true punk, surely your clothes must not matter all that much, because you're punk on the inside, correct?

Trying desperately to prove that you're punk makes it all the less believeable.

If someone asks you to respect their building (I'm guessing the vicar asked you to do this) then you respect it. It's just good manners. Punks can have those too, y'know?
Teenager
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Teenager

Blog
July 16th, 2007 at 10:57pm
Im not a big fan of labelling.. for example ive always dressed the same way and now thanks to the new emo craze thing thats how ive been branded which drives me mad as ive been the same since before that term was even popular...
wfougoafoihqfe
Falling In Love With The Board
wfougoafoihqfe
July 16th, 2007 at 11:19pm
Boobmeister:
I lol'd, sorry to say.

If you're a true punk, surely your clothes must not matter all that much, because you're punk on the inside, correct?

Trying desperately to prove that you're punk makes it all the less believeable.

If someone asks you to respect their building (I'm guessing the vicar asked you to do this) then you respect it. It's just good manners. Punks can have those too, y'know?
Hand ur just n0t PUNX enuf.

Yeah, I used to get that all the time "Hey, you're meant to be a punk, you shouldn't care about homework... Why don't you come with me to egg some people's house at halloween?"
I'd like to get a good job thanks.
I'm not that desparate for sweeties.

It was only because I liked the music & the original 'concepts' of punk. And although it's irrelevant, tbh, i think punk (as a 'movement') is dead.... hah.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
July 17th, 2007 at 10:37am
missand:
You know the drill.
The fact that you said that makes me somewhat doubtful about your retaliation towards labelling.
CopperheaD
Geek
CopperheaD
July 18th, 2007 at 09:37pm
Um christian speaking here, if you really go to church you should know it's the house of god and if you're asked kindly to dress more formally you should put your 'attitude' away and do it.
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
July 20th, 2007 at 03:01am
missand:
Listen people accept me the way I am or not at all, and there is no dress code for church its a fuckin building.

Uh if you were really proud of going to church, you'd know that it's much more than a "fuckin building"

missand:
What do you mean what kind of punk am I?

Oh so now we've got to follow rules,

"Punks don't go to church"

who actually gives a fuck if i do or not, they accepted me when I was brought into the church and will respect me until the day I die

Oh, and why should they respect you if you don't respect them?
Sherlock Holmes
Addict
Sherlock Holmes
July 20th, 2007 at 07:48pm
Charv is an okie label because they DO all look like eachother, in these other 'groups' they all have a different little 'thing'
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
July 20th, 2007 at 08:19pm
Fandangle:
Charv is an okie label because they DO all look like eachother, in these other 'groups' they all have a different little 'thing'

all the 'emos' look A LOT alike.
and the 'ghetto' kids too.
I'mComing.BeScared.
King For A Couple Of Days
I'mComing.BeScared.
July 24th, 2007 at 12:04pm
I go to the church. So what? I also try to look like emo (my parents getting crazy about that ; they think that I'm bringing them shameSad) I know some nuns and priests (I'm in catholic organisation) and they doesnt mind I'm other. I don't really understand discrinination. I'm tolerant for everyone.
schooldropout
Banned
schooldropout

Blog
July 24th, 2007 at 12:38pm
I'm a punk and my girlfriend is going to be having a baby soon and you have no idea what its like. The looks, the agro and the attitude by people who are supposedly all for the new world.
Register