Born To Be, Green Day (Much Music)

AuthorMessage
jinx
Jackass
jinx
September 14th, 2005 at 04:32am
A WORN OUT DOUCHE!:
!pow.:
i dont think that just because a band was on a certain album makes them punk, its not their actions its their music

Punk is sort of a package though too.. its a way of life..

deffinetly its music.. but its also a way of life... ya know?
yes i know, but being on Rock Against Bush doesnt make them punk ya know?
wake the dead.
This Board Is My Home
wake the dead.
September 14th, 2005 at 04:42am
Hm. I'm going to thank Green Day when I make a cd (it'll happen).
Vanity
King For A Couple Of Days
Vanity
September 14th, 2005 at 04:47am
+PanhandlingMisery+:
Hm. I'm going to thank Green Day when I make a cd (it'll happen).

Not a bad idea Think
punk_n_disorderly
Idiot
punk_n_disorderly
September 14th, 2005 at 04:53am
!pow.:
A WORN OUT DOUCHE!:
!pow.:
i dont think that just because a band was on a certain album makes them punk, its not their actions its their music

If it's only their music, I would consider Simple Plan as punk. But they sure as hell aren't. SP are pop/rock and Green Day are punk/rock I think, but it's really everybody's personal opinion.

Yeah. Green Day, No Doubt and The Offspring are the most inspiring bands of MY generation.

Green Day has been through a hell of a lot as I'm sure everyone on GSB knows. Yet, no matter what anyone says, they continue to produce great songs which I think is unbelievable because I have trouble just writting one song. And no matter how much critisism they get, they still make music for themselves. If other people like it, it's a bonus. But they aren't making music to follow a trend like SP are, they are making music to set the trend. They're out there, being themsleves, and that's truely inspiring.

No Doubt had some real bad days back in 1990. Their lead singer commited suicide and they were told they would never make it. But the three remaining members played tributes to John Spence and then they met Adrian and the band was great! But they still weren't accepted for their music anywhere than the underground ska scene. But slowly, as they changed - not to fit in, just changed - they were accepted. But then Eric left and they started to slip btu they got back together again and Gwen really held the band together until they released Tragic Kingdom. The point is they pulled together in the rough times instead of drifting apart. That's what made them the great band they were.

The Offspring never really had it that bad, but no matter how society changed, they kept to their style. And if you listen to Can't Repeat and anything of Smash, you'll realise they link together There were those who hated Pretty Fly 4 a White Guy and even later with Original Prankster but no matter what anyone said or did, they kept to their morals and that's a great lesson to learn in life.

One great thing about being in a band would be learning all those things and having that extra famiy that sometimes you feel closer to than your actual one.

But I'm not saying that the best bands are the older bands, it's just they show my point better.

PLEASE DON'T CRITISISE ME!
punk_n_disorderly
Idiot
punk_n_disorderly
September 14th, 2005 at 04:54am
Sorry about writting so much, I sorta got on a roll
OR A RANT.
Dammit, I'm ranting.
B.J
Falling In Love With The Board
B.J
September 14th, 2005 at 05:35am
I think Green Day are punk, I mean its impossible in the first place to be, I think they deserve the title of Punx
Tre_did_it
Idiot
Tre_did_it
September 14th, 2005 at 06:04am
wow.. i thought this thread would either be locked or wouldn't get any commetns. i guess i was wrong.. that was jsut my opinion to you all i jsut had to get it off my cheast.. i talk about Green Day so much that i cant even say their name infront of my mom with out her bitching to me.. i wasn't going to post it, but i thougth that i wuld share my opinion with all of you.. so please stop bitching about if they are punk or not, it will eventually turn into an argument, and i don't want an argument on my best thread.. yes.. this is the best thread i have made so far.. and its the longest lasting.. i was extremly suprised
B.J
B.J
September 14th, 2005 at 06:21am
Exact same with me
Aleysia!
Jackass
Aleysia!
September 14th, 2005 at 07:31am
It is very inspirational well said
I Am An Elephant
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
I Am An Elephant
September 14th, 2005 at 08:33am
Ok, this topic is one that really annoys me so I'm not gonna leave a long msg, or I wont be able to stop ranting! I agree with Tre_did_it basically. It just annoys me how people make such a big deal trying to label all bands, not just Green Day. I love all kinds of rock music but I HATE the fact that as soon as a band gets more than 20 fans they're suddenly uncool, or everyone suddenly says they've sold out or whatever. Green Day r a punk rock band, I think that's what most people agree on - they're kinda halfway between real punk and pop-punk like Simple Plan etc. Punk rock's just a more accessible kind of punk really, yeah it tends to b more mainstream but they've always been punk rock, they haven't changed or sold out! They were punk rock when they played Gilman St, that's why they got some stick there at first. So to sum up, Green Day are amazing, they deserve a lot of respect, blah blah!
I'm gonna stop now. See, that was me writing a SHORT message! lol

ok going now...

Embarassed
I Am An Elephant
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
I Am An Elephant
September 14th, 2005 at 08:34am
btw, how long am i gonna stay a newbie for? it's been forever!
EchoBrain
EchoBrain
September 14th, 2005 at 09:11am
I Am An Elephant:
btw, how long am i gonna stay a newbie for? it's been forever!

http://www.geekstinkbreath.net/board/viewtopic.php?t=24704
Smile
jinx
Jackass
jinx
September 14th, 2005 at 11:48am
xX_DryIce_Xx:
!pow.:
A WORN OUT DOUCHE!:
!pow.:

If it's only their music, I would consider Simple Plan as punk. But they sure as hell aren't. SP are pop/rock and Green Day are punk/rock I think, but it's really everybody's personal opinion.

Yeah. Green Day, No Doubt and The Offspring are the most inspiring bands of MY generation.

Green Day has been through a hell of a lot as I'm sure everyone on GSB knows. Yet, no matter what anyone says, they continue to produce great songs which I think is unbelievable because I have trouble just writting one song. And no matter how much critisism they get, they still make music for themselves. If other people like it, it's a bonus. But they aren't making music to follow a trend like SP are, they are making music to set the trend. They're out there, being themsleves, and that's truely inspiring.

No Doubt had some real bad days back in 1990. Their lead singer commited suicide and they were told they would never make it. But the three remaining members played tributes to John Spence and then they met Adrian and the band was great! But they still weren't accepted for their music anywhere than the underground ska scene. But slowly, as they changed - not to fit in, just changed - they were accepted. But then Eric left and they started to slip btu they got back together again and Gwen really held the band together until they released Tragic Kingdom. The point is they pulled together in the rough times instead of drifting apart. That's what made them the great band they were.

The Offspring never really had it that bad, but no matter how society changed, they kept to their style. And if you listen to Can't Repeat and anything of Smash, you'll realise they link together There were those who hated Pretty Fly 4 a White Guy and even later with Original Prankster but no matter what anyone said or did, they kept to their morals and that's a great lesson to learn in life.

One great thing about being in a band would be learning all those things and having that extra famiy that sometimes you feel closer to than your actual one.

But I'm not saying that the best bands are the older bands, it's just they show my point better.

im not going to critisise you m'dear, and yes they are great bands, im just saying i dont think GD are punk and im no the only one, even thingy from thingy (famous punk band, cant remember which sorry!) said that GD arent punk
Tre_did_it
Idiot
Tre_did_it
September 14th, 2005 at 12:02pm
!pow.:
xX_DryIce_Xx:
!pow.:
A WORN OUT DOUCHE!:
!pow.:

im not going to critisise you m'dear, and yes they are great bands, im just saying i dont think GD are punk and im no the only one, even thingy from thingy (famous punk band, cant remember which sorry!) said that GD arent punk
your thinking of Evoloution: From The Ramones To Green Day right?
Catrin
Catrin
September 14th, 2005 at 12:04pm
Tre_did_it:
!pow.:
xX_DryIce_Xx:
!pow.:
A WORN OUT DOUCHE!:
!pow.:

your thinking of Evoloution: From The Ramones To Green Day right?
Guy from the Buzzcocks said they weren't punk Smile and I agree with him, GREEN DAY AREN'T PUNK, if you do think so you have no idea about music genres. At all.
Catrin
Catrin
September 14th, 2005 at 12:05pm
xXBillieOwnsXx:
Well...a lot of people are saying they aren't Punk but I disagree. If they have the courage to stand up and make an anti-Bush album no one has ever tried before and it completely risked their chances of being succesful ever again, I think that's damn Punk enough. People can have their opinions though...
Yeah because they're the only act ever to do that Confused Rolling Eyes

Bruce Springsteen did the same now and in the 80s - tell me is HE a punk Rolling Eyes
eberneezer_egghead
eberneezer_egghead
September 14th, 2005 at 12:05pm
I think they're definitley pop-punk. They used to be punk, but now theyre kind of not...
Catrin
Catrin
September 14th, 2005 at 12:08pm
eberneezer_egghead:
I think they're definitley pop-punk. They used to be punk, but now theyre kind of not...
Sounds about right!
Tre_did_it
Idiot
Tre_did_it
September 14th, 2005 at 12:46pm
*Cat*:
eberneezer_egghead:
Sounds about right!
i agree..
Remarkable Rocket
Remarkable Rocket
September 14th, 2005 at 03:34pm
Tre_did_it:
*Cat*:
eberneezer_egghead:
Sounds about right!
i agree..

I actualy think some songs on american idiot are more punk than previous songs.

Insomniac is deffinetly more punk than other albums.. but their first albums are the most poppy.
Register