Born To Be, Green Day (Much Music)

AuthorMessage
Elvis Impersonator
Idiot
Elvis Impersonator
September 14th, 2005 at 03:52pm
Erm:
Tre_did_it:
Ok, i was watching "Born To Be, Green Day" On Muchmusic, (A station In Canada) And i got to thinking Green Day are the new Punks for this generation. The generation before us all had The Ramones, The Clash, Sex Pistols. And the reason the punks of the new generation all know these bands is becasuie of musicians like Green Day. They have also opened up doors for new punk bands, like Leftover Crack. and also bubblegum punk like Good Charlotte, or Simple Plan. If you look on the inserts of some of these bands, in their "thank yous" most of them thank Green Day. All of the shit Green day have gone through since 1988 when their first CD came out, its amazing how they still had the courage to get on stage. after Dookie came out and they released Insomniac, all of their first fans left them and started to bad mouth Green Day. Insomniac sold about 6 million less CDs then Dookie did. even after all of that, Green Day still kept writing songs and recording. I just think that it is very inspirational. Please don't bitch at me but you can comment.

I dont bitch.... Cool

Clap exactly! well said.
I Am An Elephant
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
I Am An Elephant
September 14th, 2005 at 03:57pm
EchoBrain:
I Am An Elephant:
btw, how long am i gonna stay a newbie for? it's been forever!

http://www.geekstinkbreath.net/board/viewtopic.php?t=24704
Smile

Thanx I understand now! aww but that means it'll b agesss b4 im a non newbie! Just cos i dont post that often doesnt make me a newbie >Sad

Oh and i agree with A WORN OUT DOUCHE! - their oldest stuff is much more poppy than say insomniac or even nimrod. AI isn't that poppy really, compared to kerplunk. well anyways I said i wouldnt get into this argument too much as it's been waaaay over-argued. It's good music and that's enough 4 me!
folkin' around.
King For A Couple Of Days
folkin' around.
September 14th, 2005 at 04:01pm
I don't care.

mmm, I'm being mean today.
I Am An Elephant
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
I Am An Elephant
September 14th, 2005 at 04:02pm
hobo with a box:
I don't care.

mmm, I'm being mean today.

Rolling Eyes that's what I should have said at the start! lol oh well...
Remarkable Rocket
Falling In Love With The Board
Remarkable Rocket
September 14th, 2005 at 04:02pm
Tre_did_it:
*Cat*:
eberneezer_egghead:
I think they're definitley pop-punk. They used to be punk, but now theyre kind of not...
Sounds about right!
i agree..

mmmeehhh..

They really started the whole pop-punk "genre" of music back in .... well... i guess you would say when they got "big" they've always been pop punk.... american idiot is more punk than kerplunk and smooth.... maybe even dookie.

but who gives a fuck ay.
Eliana Rampage
Jackass
Eliana Rampage
September 14th, 2005 at 04:31pm
Sapphire.:
xXBillieOwnsXx:
Well...a lot of people are saying they aren't Punk but I disagree. If they have the courage to stand up and make an anti-Bush album no one has ever tried before and it completely risked their chances of being succesful ever again, I think that's damn Punk enough. People can have their opinions though...

Agreed. They did kind of what The Sex Pistols did during their generation about the UK. Rebeling and speaking their minds through music. And like xXBillieOwnsXx said, they had the guts to stand up and say that with the risk of getting critisized.

But then people argue with the fact that they're popular and on teen magazines so that makes them not punk. They don't have control over what little teenie bopper magazines they get put on. If they did I don't think they'd say "Hey, let's put ourselves on 17 magazine so all the little girls can drool over us!" . And they don't have control over what fans they have either.

So I guess it's just how you look at what punk really is.
Well I think of them more as rock now, but they still have punk in them I believe.

Call me Eli, lol it's awkward to be called that long name. lol

Anyways yes, agreed. It really isn't their fault the teenies went insane over the album...I mean let's say the teenys never did go insane I bet everyone would be saying how Punk they are...
If you have a reason to think they aren't Punk other than that, then please state your case but...don't blame the guys for the teeny problem...
Outside of Everything
Geek
Outside of Everything
September 14th, 2005 at 04:35pm
Quit saying teenie. Not everyone is a teenie, because they knew of them after American Idiot.
Eliana Rampage
Jackass
Eliana Rampage
September 14th, 2005 at 04:37pm
Outside of Everything:
Quit saying teenie. Not everyone is a teenie, because they knew of them after American Idiot.

Um...I heard of them because of American Idiot.
My friends heard American Idiot first. Are you saying I'm calling myself and my friends teenies?

Everyone seems to misunderstand me when I say "Teenie"
What I mean are the people who know one song by them and claim they know everything and anything about them...

Please don't assume that I am talking about everyone who heard American Idiot first.
Bamboozler
Idiot
Bamboozler
September 14th, 2005 at 04:38pm
Outside of Everything:

I totally agree with you. I got into them after American Idiot, and I'm not going to make any excuses why I didn't like them before because I shouldn't have to. Do I act like a teenie? No, I don't.. When people say teenie they should mean people who know the four singles and think they're hot and all that nonsense.
Bamboozler
Idiot
Bamboozler
September 14th, 2005 at 04:39pm
xXBillieOwnsXx:
Outside of Everything:

My friends heard American Idiot first. Are you saying I'm calling myself and my friends teenies?

What I mean are the people who know one song by them and claim they know everything and anything about them...

Please don't assume that I am talking about everyone who heard American Idiot first.

Thank you for clarifying that. Cool
Eliana Rampage
Jackass
Eliana Rampage
September 14th, 2005 at 04:42pm
Bamboozler:
xXBillieOwnsXx:
Outside of Everything:

Thank you for clarifying that. Cool

Sure thing ^_^ lol.

I know a ton of people who heard American Idiot first and they are like amazing fans now who have every single CD...I happen to be one of these people...=/
Pretty and Demented
Jackass
Pretty and Demented
September 14th, 2005 at 04:50pm
Billie once said he never claimed to wave a flag for punk, and that punk was more than just music it was a lifestyle. I think its safe to say Billie, Mike and Tre are still as punk now as they were in 1988 - just wealthier and more influential. Billie: 'If I make money, thats my fuckin business'

They got where they are today through hard slog and determination, without compromising their beliefs or giving a damn what anyone else thinks. Thats punk - thats Green Day style.

Thats my opinion. Mike: 'Everyones entitled to MY opinion' Cool
Eliana Rampage
Jackass
Eliana Rampage
September 14th, 2005 at 04:52pm
Just call me 80:
Billie once said he never claimed to wave a flag for punk, and that punk was more than just music it was a lifestyle. I think its safe to say Billie, Mike and Tre are still as punk now as they were in 1988 - just wealthier and more influential. Billie: 'If I make money, thats my fuckin business'

They got where they are today through hard slog and determination, without compromising their beliefs or giving a damn what anyone else thinks. Thats punk - thats Green Day style.

I never doubted that...if anything they are probably even more punk than ever...at concerts, Billie just gets up there and says whatever the fuck he wants to...that takes a lot og courage.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
September 14th, 2005 at 05:42pm
Bamboozler:
Outside of Everything:

I totally agree with you. I got into them after American Idiot, and I'm not going to make any excuses why I didn't like them before because I shouldn't have to. Do I act like a teenie? No, I don't.. When people say teenie they should mean people who know the four singles and think they're hot and all that nonsense.

I still think teenie is a stupid word. So what if people think they're hot and only know 4 songs??? Who the hell gives a shit as long as they're happy?
Bamboozler
Idiot
Bamboozler
September 14th, 2005 at 06:57pm
Nine_Inch_Nails:
Bamboozler:
Outside of Everything:

I still think teenie is a stupid word. So what if people think they're hot and only know 4 songs??? Who the hell gives a shit as long as they're happy?

Clap You're so right. It's they're choice to whatever they like.
Sapphire!
Jackass
Sapphire!
September 14th, 2005 at 08:22pm
Bamboozler:
Nine_Inch_Nails:
Bamboozler:
Outside of Everything:

Clap You're so right. It's they're choice to whatever they like.

I agree with that too.
But then I think it gets a little overboard when they start saying how
they want to kill Adrienne so they can be with Billie. Rolling Eyes
Mike's Demonic Daunter
Mike's Demonic Daunter
September 14th, 2005 at 08:23pm
Just call me 80:

LOL! Mike's such a smartass
Rae.
Post Whore
Rae.
September 14th, 2005 at 08:29pm
Nine_Inch_Nails:
Bamboozler:
Outside of Everything:

You're a teenie. Cool

Opps, sorry my bad. Cool
Krackers
Had A Life Before GSB
Krackers
September 14th, 2005 at 08:30pm
Just call me 80:

Nicely put. Clap
Rae.
Post Whore
Rae.
September 14th, 2005 at 08:30pm
No, Mike is god so shutup:
Just call me 80:

LOL! Mike's such a smartass

Tre said something like that once to...but slightly different "Everyone's entitled to OUR opinion."

Cool Thought I'd share.
Register