Anti-Censorship

AuthorMessage
Elvis Impersonator
Idiot
Elvis Impersonator
October 13th, 2005 at 11:22am
FM Doll:
maybe they can censor more body parts. i dunno. it seems these days i'm too ashamed to switch to the music channel in front of my parents coz there are too many half-naked chicks shakin' it.

i see your point, but if that happened i wouldnt really watch music channels any more Rolling Eyes
Nine_Inch_Nails
Falling In Love With The Board
Nine_Inch_Nails
October 13th, 2005 at 11:24am
i feel like dookie:
FM Doll:
maybe they can censor more body parts. i dunno. it seems these days i'm too ashamed to switch to the music channel in front of my parents coz there are too many half-naked chicks shakin' it.

i see your point, but if that happened i wouldnt really watch music channels any more Rolling Eyes

Lol
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
October 13th, 2005 at 03:03pm
Nine_Inch_Nails:
i feel like dookie:
FM Doll:

Lol
me neither, honestly, their just too....not showing of any good music, like you get Eminem's new stuff, American Idiot stuff, Kanye West stuff, it's just a bunch of people that dropped out and decided to protest Bush.....and that's entertainment, not music (which is artistic, except classical and pop, that's entertainment)
*i_love_greenday*
Geek
*i_love_greenday*
October 13th, 2005 at 03:54pm
I don't like putting the music channels on in front of them either... in fact when they put it on I just walk out the room cos I know theres going to be some slut or something on it
Kitti
Kitti
October 13th, 2005 at 08:44pm
okay, so its good to not have cable in some ways...no shitty music networks, and i rather watch movies anyway...
but. my rant. network television. its so hypocrical, because network television does NOT advertise condoms. ever. at all. BUT, at prime time, they advertise "personal lubricant which warms on contact" and "natural male enhancement" for anyone who doesnt watch network TV, these commercials contain a series of ever so slightly veiled inneuendoes. that my 9 year old cousin would understand. these commercials encourage sex. but they dont encourage SAFE sex. never ever ever.
its a shame. but it isnt just programs that are the problem, the commercials are an issue too. im not saying they should remove all the "offensive" commercials. they arent offensive, not really. but they should be airing all the sides of what their advertising. its the same on the radio. the radio edit of american idiot edits out the word "fuck" but not "faggot" however, in holiday, the word "fag" IS edited out. interesting...
and why the HELL is Weezer's "we are all on drugs" being changed to "we are all in love" the song loses all of its meaning and all of its symbolism when they do that. its not about drugs, and anyone who's listened to it once knows that. its the same as slapping an advisory sticker on an instrumental album because the artist has a history of profanity.
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
October 13th, 2005 at 09:17pm
paradoxical:
okay, so its good to not have cable in some ways...no shitty music networks, and i rather watch movies anyway...
but. my rant. network television. its so hypocrical, because network television does NOT advertise condoms. ever. at all. BUT, at prime time, they advertise "personal lubricant which warms on contact" and "natural male enhancement" for anyone who doesnt watch network TV, these commercials contain a series of ever so slightly veiled inneuendoes. that my 9 year old cousin would understand. these commercials encourage sex. but they dont encourage SAFE sex. never ever ever.
its a shame. but it isnt just programs that are the problem, the commercials are an issue too. im not saying they should remove all the "offensive" commercials. they arent offensive, not really. but they should be airing all the sides of what their advertising. its the same on the radio. the radio edit of american idiot edits out the word "fuck" but not "faggot" however, in holiday, the word "fag" IS edited out. interesting...
and why the HELL is Weezer's "we are all on drugs" being changed to "we are all in love" the song loses all of its meaning and all of its symbolism when they do that. its not about drugs, and anyone who's listened to it once knows that. its the same as slapping an advisory sticker on an instrumental album because the artist has a history of profanity.
Rob Zombies albums are only parental advisory because of the album art, he never cussed in his first ones
Kitti
Kitti
October 13th, 2005 at 09:23pm
not what i was referring to but okay...another good example.
st.jimmy'sgrlfriend
Geek
st.jimmy'sgrlfriend
October 13th, 2005 at 09:30pm
it sucks and most of the time u can tell what there saying. please don't say because little kids might watch. you ever thought they shouldn't see it in the first place.
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
October 14th, 2005 at 04:00pm
CENSOSHIP IS BULL SHIT
most kids know most of what is said on tv and music anyway...but their parents don't know.....
so I think it is the parents responsibility [sp?]
people need to remember the first admendment
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
October 14th, 2005 at 04:25pm
Viva La Stupid:
CENSOSHIP IS BULL SHIT
most kids know most of what is said on tv and music anyway...but their parents don't know.....
so I think it is the parents responsibility [sp?]
people need to remember the first admendment
that means people can say whatever they want in private, but in public or in organizations the people running whatever it is have the right to decide for them at the time
so in school they can keep you from cussing and they have limitations, but you can still (reasonably) speak your mind unless they've required legal possesion of it for the time you're in school

and in clubs, they can keep you from saying anything, TV can edit stuff out, but it's retarded and useless
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
October 15th, 2005 at 08:57pm
I know it is ...what I mean is that I know kids that swear and if there parents found they would dissapear ...although it is a back up if I ever need to black mail some one ... back to subject people should be able to say what they want
s0dapop_and_ritalin
Geek
s0dapop_and_ritalin
October 15th, 2005 at 09:08pm
a lot of writing there O_o not gonna read it all but im sure its good. =D

anyway props for sacrificing the time to write an essay.
Kitti
Kitti
October 17th, 2005 at 04:28pm
if you arent gonna read the thread, dont post in it...
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
October 17th, 2005 at 04:41pm
if Michael Moore said it she'd listen
Kitti
Kitti
October 17th, 2005 at 04:46pm
michael moore is laughably biased. (this coming from someone who read stupid white men and dude wheres my country) when he even bothers me, thats sad...
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
November 6th, 2005 at 05:09pm
in my opinion if a kid is watching a tv program and they bleep out a certain FUCK word they will only put they're own word in there anyway, and they can come up with some really bad words.
Hippy-Faggot-Punk-Rocker
Jackass
Hippy-Faggot-Punk-Rocker
November 7th, 2005 at 11:08am
WHY can't we say N-I-G-G-E-R?

Or, woman is the N_I_G_G__E_R_ of the world....John Lennon

I think Morrison may have been racist..one episode has him drunk .bullfighting cars..and screaming You are all a bunch of fucking N_I_G_G_E_R_S

He also threatened his southren grandmother/father to bring home his N-I-G-G-E-R
girlfriend.............

It is a word....an offensive word.....but hiding it under the banket of lies is perpetuating the offensiveness of the word.....

....FUCK the censors.......

H-F-P-R
VF Lover!
King For A Couple Of Days
VF Lover!
November 7th, 2005 at 08:32pm
eh, I agree with spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
November 11th, 2005 at 03:49pm
we can say the N word on TV, I've only said it once in my life out of respect
dirtyhippie
Geek
dirtyhippie
November 12th, 2005 at 09:11pm
The PA sticker is the biggest amount of bullshit ever invented. I harken back to the good old days when artists could self-sticker or choose not to. The visionary artist Frank Zappa (RIP Frank) was a strong opponent of the sticker; his album "Jazz From Hell" was stickered although it contained purely instrumental music.

People are so afraid of music. People are afraid of gangsta rap; why?! I don't like it, since I just don't like rap; but they are saying something. They're saying, "Hey look, this is what happens to your average poor black man. Listen up, ya dumbass crackers." And people condemn them for cursing. Pisses me off.
Register