Anti-Censorship

AuthorMessage
mushroom kid
Geek
mushroom kid
November 17th, 2005 at 02:37pm
one of my biggest annoyances. especially in music videos. Neutral

i thinks its ridiculous.. they show controversial things like operations before lunch on TV and live cosmetic surgery yet you cant see someone cut themself.. or blood, even. (i think) there's an Evanescence video where blood is blurred out and Jesus of suburbia cant eb shown because it has 'rude bits' but we can see RnB videos with (mostly women ) scantily clad flaunting it.. i even remember the word 'gun' being cut out of a Pink video... o__O

grr. :X
drummer_chick322
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
drummer_chick322
November 17th, 2005 at 04:23pm
did u hear the hawthorne heights song ohio is for lovers. they censor the word cut. so its "___my wrists and black my eyes". like we dont know what it its.
spill_no_sick
Falling In Love With The Board
spill_no_sick
November 18th, 2005 at 07:16pm
drummer_chick322:
did u hear the hawthorne heights song ohio is for lovers. they censor the word cut. so its "___my wrists and black my eyes". like we dont know what it its.
that video sucked anyway, but we really do know everything they say
dirtyhippie
Geek
dirtyhippie
November 19th, 2005 at 02:26pm
Hey, what about the Weezer video for "We Are All On Drugs"? It's not a great song exactly, but when MTV "censors" it to be "We Are All In Love" then it just becomes shitty.
Kitti
Kitti
November 19th, 2005 at 02:48pm
dirtyhippie:
Hey, what about the Weezer video for "We Are All On Drugs"? It's not a great song exactly, but when MTV "censors" it to be "We Are All In Love" then it just becomes shitty.

as a Weezer fan, that just pisses me off. the song isn't even about drugs, drugs are a symbol...take away the word drugs and you lose the metaphor and all meaning. mtv does Rivers Cuomo no poetic justice anyway. The song "hash pipe" is also censored. most people dont even know what hash is. but other bands can say whatever the fuck they want and get away with it. something decent comes along and because as a society we cant read into things and understand, have to be so literal and take metaphors at face value, its censored to death.
dirtyhippie
Geek
dirtyhippie
November 19th, 2005 at 02:55pm
(Note to everyone: When paradoxical heard this in the school cafeteria, she really flipped her lid. We punkish antio-censorship liberals tend to do that when a censor fucks it up for everyone.)
Kitti
Kitti
November 19th, 2005 at 02:58pm
dirtyhippie:
(Note to everyone: When paradoxical heard this in the school cafeteria, she really flipped her lid. We punkish antio-censorship liberals tend to do that when a censor fucks it up for everyone.)

no. it wasnt that, id heard it before and was angry. but i dont watch mtv so it was just in the back of my mind. hearing it again, as a lover of poetry, part of my soul died.
dirtyhippie
Geek
dirtyhippie
November 19th, 2005 at 02:59pm
And, as a lover of poetry, you expressed your dismay in a metaphor...lol. But didn't Holly tell everyone about it that one day? And you turned purple.
Baguelle
King For A Couple Of Days
Baguelle
November 19th, 2005 at 03:07pm
I think parents who bitch about how kids watch all of this should take action and make their kids NOT watch this stuff, like South Park and such. Nothing against that show, though <3.
It reminds me so much of that Family Guy episode where Peter makes his own shows, they get shut down, then the FCC censors their lives at home.
Kitti
Kitti
November 19th, 2005 at 03:10pm
dirtyhippie:
And, as a lover of poetry, you expressed your dismay in a metaphor...lol. But didn't Holly tell everyone about it that one day? And you turned purple.

if part of your soul had died, you'd have turned purple too.
Nicky and Cambria. Haha.
Nicky and Cambria. Haha.
November 19th, 2005 at 04:57pm
September_has_Ended:
Let me get one thing straight:

This is America (I know, we have people from other countries on this site) we have the right to free speech.

Everytime something is bleeped, I feel like we're losing a bit of that first amendment.

It's okay to say "I'm going to burn your babies" on TV. But god forbid someone would say "shit"

lmfao
Nicky and Cambria. Haha.
Nicky and Cambria. Haha.
November 19th, 2005 at 05:05pm
Buttermilk Rusk:
If it's Billie's, we'll worship him/her.

If it's Ashlee's, we'll burn it.

(talking about a baby either belonging to Billie or Ashlee Simpson.)

I said that just today Shifty
Nicky and Cambria. Haha.
Nicky and Cambria. Haha.
November 19th, 2005 at 05:13pm
dirtyhippie:

(sorry to post again)

but when that happens, the actual bands do radio versions of the songs. Like "'I'm not o-fucking-kay' to 'I'm really not okay'"(I'm Not OKay - my chemical romance) and "'I was fucking high' to 'I was flying high'" (you're beautiful - james blunt) Just because the actual words are too taboo.

So in reality, MTV didn't censor it. Can you picture some guy called Bill who works as a tech at MTV singing over the lyrics? lmfao

Anyway Censorship is there for a reason. In songs that is. The TV thing is a whole other thing.

Because on MTV or the radio, they don't say "Warning: this song may contain language not suitable for sensitive veiwers."
Nicky and Cambria. Haha.
Nicky and Cambria. Haha.
November 19th, 2005 at 05:16pm
mushroom kid:
one of my biggest annoyances. especially in music videos. Neutral

i thinks its ridiculous.. they show controversial things like operations before lunch on TV and live cosmetic surgery yet you cant see someone cut themself.. or blood, even. (i think) there's an Evanescence video where blood is blurred out and Jesus of suburbia cant eb shown because it has 'rude bits' but we can see RnB videos with (mostly women ) scantily clad flaunting it.. i even remember the word 'gun' being cut out of a Pink video... o__O

grr. :X

Yeah I remember 'gun' being taken out of Teenage Dirtbag.

I should leave this thread alone now. Shifty
Kitti
Kitti
November 19th, 2005 at 10:12pm
wow. and on some boards mods "edit" double posts. what they would do with four...
you do know theres an edit function, right?
mushroom kid
Geek
mushroom kid
November 20th, 2005 at 01:20pm
hmm. i think this is just stupid:

"Call for smoking warning on DVDs
David Strathairn in Good Night and Good Luck
Smoking features prominently in the film Good Night and Good Luck
A group of US legal representatives has asked the major Hollywood studios to add anti-smoking announcements to all new DVDs which depict smoking.

Attorneys general from 32 states signed a letter that cited research suggesting youngsters who see films depicting smoking were likelier to take it up. "

- fooking stupid that it was even suggested.. "Last year the MPAA rejected a proposal that would see films which feature smoking carry an adult rating."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/film/4448364.stm
Nicky and Cambria. Haha.
Nicky and Cambria. Haha.
November 20th, 2005 at 02:25pm
paradoxical:
wow. and on some boards mods "edit" double posts. what they would do with four...

hello IDIOT

look at my rank.

do I look like a newbie to you?
Bamf!
Jackass
Bamf!
November 20th, 2005 at 02:38pm
Buttermilk Rusk:
paradoxical:

hello IDIOT

look at my rank.

Rank aint nothing but a label...I'm that too. Wow... Coffee Don't need to be a bitch about it.
Paul Simonon Teenie.
Jackass
Paul Simonon Teenie.
November 20th, 2005 at 05:06pm
No one bleeps out violence.
No one bleeps out when characters smoke or drink in Disney movies.
Kitti
Kitti
November 20th, 2005 at 07:04pm
Buttermilk Rusk:
paradoxical:

hello IDIOT

look at my rank.

sarcasm is lost in forums. *sigh*
Register