Jesus Of Surburbia Video Premier (UK)

AuthorMessage
longview17
Jackass
longview17
October 15th, 2005 at 08:10am
iamkiller:
But is that girl his mother or girlfriend? I thought he may have been in bed with her in one scene Shocked

And when he has a dialoge with her in the chair at the beginning of "Another Broken Home" that was hurt. And she told him he'd be a distant memory.
theres different women in it, the one who he throws the plate at is his mother and the other one was his girlfriend
iamkiller
Basket Case
iamkiller

Mibba
October 15th, 2005 at 08:10am
muffinqueen:
I think that those are 2 different girls (his mom and the girl in the chair)
Aha, that'd make sense.

ANYWAYS - I like how Green Day isn't in it much. They show clips from their performance as a way to keep the viewer included into the song rather than just watching the acting so that they actually understand.
Soldasfreedom
Idiot
Soldasfreedom
October 15th, 2005 at 08:11am
comfortably confused:
(Oh god this is where the film studies student comes out of me..)

I loved the camera work and the cinematography more then anything. It works really well with the whole thing, it gave it more emotion I think.

Yer it was pretty touching (cheese on toast)
Sammie
Idiot
Sammie
October 15th, 2005 at 10:23am
Erm:
Sammie:
The video does have a very brittish feel to it in the way tits filmed.

Thats what i thought. He was definatly based on Sid Vicious abit. You could tell. I loved it. It was a "i dont give a fuck" video. And it nearly made me cry... im a wimp. It was touching.

the way the video is cut its almost like flashbacks...
porandojin
King For A Couple Of Days
porandojin
October 15th, 2005 at 10:41am
Are You A Junkie?:
http://static.flickr.com/7/8036160_2cb5049bd5.jpg

is this him?

if you mean the guy in the white t-shirt---no it's not him....it's a guy from war of the worlds and the guy from videoclip is the guy that played in thumbsucker
porandojin
porandojin
October 15th, 2005 at 10:43am
that's the guy from the vid
Ryan Ross.
Basket Case
Ryan Ross.
October 15th, 2005 at 10:44am
i can't see it, i'm sorry
porandojin
porandojin
October 15th, 2005 at 10:46am
sorry....the pic didn't show up
that's the link http://www.imdb.com/gallery/granitz/3580/Events/3580/LouPucci_Vespa_5928709_400.jpg?path=pgallery&path_key=Pucci,%20Lou%20Taylor
Ryan Ross.
Basket Case
Ryan Ross.
October 15th, 2005 at 10:46am
thank you
lily allen.
Falling In Love With The Board
lily allen.
October 15th, 2005 at 10:51am
i love the video i think its great and we all love the guy in the video except could someone tell me who he is? hes gooood..and id like to point out the obvious fact that he has lots of eyeliner on. Headbang
well done people who made the video!
me wants to see it again
Ryan Ross.
Basket Case
Ryan Ross.
October 15th, 2005 at 10:54am
porandojin:
that's the link http://www.imdb.com/gallery/granitz/3580/Events/3580/LouPucci_Vespa_5928709_400.jpg?path=pgallery&path_key=Pucci,%20Lou%20Taylor

that's the guy in the video
•°o.random piece of floof
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
•°o.random piece of floof
October 15th, 2005 at 10:56am
omfg i live in canada, so god damn video hasnt premiered yet >Sad im so fuckin pissed. i want to see it. but i dont get to see the damn thing until th 25th. do you know a place where i can steel it off the internet.... heh heh heh. 'cause my downloader thinngger is down. DAMN MY LIFE SSUCKS music wise.....lol
punk_x_emo
Geek
punk_x_emo
October 15th, 2005 at 11:01am
Unfortunately there is no nice way i can say this.

I adore the song and was really excited about the video release.
I was disappointed when I saw the video. I know i am going to be SLAMMED for this post.

The video was meant to be a deep insight into a song. I saw a video that depicted violence, self harm, sex and other topics.

I know these things happen often. And I believe in self-expression.
But considering people as young as 8 like Green Day, I truly do not believe the video is suitable for them.

I hope another less graphic video is made. For as good as the present one is, I would like it to be able to be shown a lot more. And I cannot see this video being shown often.
11th Street Kid
11th Street Kid
October 15th, 2005 at 11:31am
I'm really really disappointed and pissed off. When it was on last night I recorded it...but when I tried to watch it again...I found out it didn't record! And I just found out today, I was meant to press the record button TWICE! Grrrrrrrrrr!!! The bitter disappointment...I'm gonna have to try and download it now...but it just ain't the same as watching it on tv Sad
RPattz
Board Parasite
RPattz
October 15th, 2005 at 11:44am
punk_x_emo:

I was disappointed when I saw the video. I know i am going to be SLAMMED for this post.

The video was meant to be a deep insight into a song. I saw a video that depicted violence, self harm, sex and other topics.

But considering people as young as 8 like Green Day, I truly do not believe the video is suitable for them.

I hope another less graphic video is made. For as good as the present one is, I would like it to be able to be shown a lot more. And I cannot see this video being shown often.

you are entitled to you own opinion... as for it being graphic and people as young as 8 likeing green day, i think that this whole album deals with issues that are abouve the age of 8 yrs old and if they had to make a graphic video to convey these issues then so be it.. they video was never gonna please every one
but i still love it coz of how raw it is hmmmm maybe i am weird
Poisoned_pills
Poisoned_pills
October 15th, 2005 at 11:48am
punk_x_emo:

exactly what i thought i liked some of the video though
11th Street Kid
11th Street Kid
October 15th, 2005 at 11:51am
Crap...I can't download it...I knew I should have pressed that record button twice...grrrr...
I_Eat_Pancakes
Falling In Love With The Board
I_Eat_Pancakes
October 15th, 2005 at 11:55am
*Blue Star*:
Crap...I can't download it...I knew I should have pressed that record button twice...grrrr...
megaupload is crap... my internet suddenly died so when i tried to download again it said "go premium"

IM SKINT!
11th Street Kid
11th Street Kid
October 15th, 2005 at 11:56am
I'm trying to download it on Limewire..but it keeps saying it's queued and then it says that I need more sources. I wish they could show it on tv again...just ONE last time Sad
rehabreject
Jackass
rehabreject
October 15th, 2005 at 11:57am
Are You A Junkie?:
porandojin:

that's the guy in the video
he was A LOT hotter in the video
Register