Lucifers Angel
March 23rd, 2006 at 06:57am
Coff:
John Simm Is Love:
Coff:
John Simm Is Love:
Bloodraine:
John Simm Is Love:
If I were them, I wouldn't be giving it to elderly people. Yes, they need to be cured too, but what about teenagers? Or children who won't be helped be cause the cure is being taken by someone else, possibly with more money.

As the elderly are vulnerable, drugs will always be distributed to the most vulnerable first, then once the vulnerable have been taken care of, we can start on the stronger people.

It's the same with a normal flu vaccine.
I guess. I just feel that people with longer lives to live and more to contribute ought to come first.

Everyone has a right to live. Why should we take away someones life just so we get in first, when we are stong enough to resist the illness until more medicine comes for us?
Not everyone is strong. Just cos you aren't dying on the spot doesn't mean you don't have a bad immune system or an illness. And if the bird flu gets out of hand, it'll be a crisis. If there's a crisis, there'll be no time to think morally. It'll be everyone for themselves. Yes, everyone has a right to live, but when the crisis comes we'll need the strongest people to be safe and healthy. And besides, it isn't an illness that is easy to resist. So far it's been a 50% rate of people dying of the disease. And again, it's a virus, so it's extremely difficult to cure.

You just contradicted yourself. You just said that it should be given to the stronger, and then you said that it should be given to the people with the weaker immune system.

I think that its selfish if we don't give it to the more vunerable. Its also unethical. What, are we just going to forget about them?

it should be given to everyone without exception, because everyone has a right to live.
the flying guillotine
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
the flying guillotine
March 23rd, 2006 at 09:34am
*butts in conversation*
I think people are overreacting a bit. so far the only people who have become really sick or even died have been really old or already sick. and as for aeting chicken. as long as you cook it the bacteria will disappear and it's perfectl safe.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
March 23rd, 2006 at 11:05am
Coff:
You just contradicted yourself. You just said that it should be given to the stronger, and then you said that it should be given to the people with the weaker immune system.

I think that its selfish if we don't give it to the more vunerable. Its also unethical. What, are we just going to forget about them?

I agree with you...I have this whole issue with me receieving medication and not some poor weak old woman, a young adult with chronic illness or a weak little baby who can't defend themselves.

I mean...I'm healthy, strong (in a sense), and I don't really matter that much anyway. Let the people who need the drugs most have it, leave me 'till last.
a-dawg.
Falling In Love With The Board
a-dawg.
March 23rd, 2006 at 01:15pm
Coff:
John Simm Is Love:
Coff:
John Simm Is Love:
Bloodraine:
John Simm Is Love:
If I were them, I wouldn't be giving it to elderly people. Yes, they need to be cured too, but what about teenagers? Or children who won't be helped be cause the cure is being taken by someone else, possibly with more money.

As the elderly are vulnerable, drugs will always be distributed to the most vulnerable first, then once the vulnerable have been taken care of, we can start on the stronger people.

It's the same with a normal flu vaccine.
I guess. I just feel that people with longer lives to live and more to contribute ought to come first.

Everyone has a right to live. Why should we take away someones life just so we get in first, when we are stong enough to resist the illness until more medicine comes for us?
Not everyone is strong. Just cos you aren't dying on the spot doesn't mean you don't have a bad immune system or an illness. And if the bird flu gets out of hand, it'll be a crisis. If there's a crisis, there'll be no time to think morally. It'll be everyone for themselves. Yes, everyone has a right to live, but when the crisis comes we'll need the strongest people to be safe and healthy. And besides, it isn't an illness that is easy to resist. So far it's been a 50% rate of people dying of the disease. And again, it's a virus, so it's extremely difficult to cure.

I didn't say it should, I just mentioned them. Unethical and selfish, yes. Tragic and terrible, yes. But rationally, in a crisis, the strongest people are needed the most. I am saying that they should be seen to first. But as it is, there's no cure and it'll be fucking hard to find one.
a-dawg.
a-dawg.
March 23rd, 2006 at 01:18pm
Bloodraine:
Coff:

I agree with you...I have this whole issue with me receieving medication and not some poor weak old woman, a young adult with chronic illness or a weak little baby who can't defend themselves.

I mean...I'm healthy, strong (in a sense), and I don't really matter that much anyway. Let the people who need the drugs most have it, leave me 'till last.
A weak old woman will die. If the illness is truly chronic, that person will die. The baby... Children should be seen to, yes. I may seem like a cold, harsh bitch but the way I see it, the strongest will be needed if (when) the virus mutates and becomes a crisis.
ciaraedwincool
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
ciaraedwincool
March 25th, 2006 at 01:33pm
I love the eye picture!!!!
MarioGirl
Geek
MarioGirl
April 6th, 2006 at 11:56am
So bird flu has finally reached the UK.
Im not serprised as i knew it would cum sooner or later
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
April 6th, 2006 at 12:14pm
xxlolxx:
So bird flu has finally reached the UK.
Im not serprised as i knew it would cum sooner or later

That last comment was just begging for a tasteless ejaculation joke. Laughing

An RSPB spokesman told Sky News: "The critical thing here is to keep it in perspective.

"It's H5N1 - it's still a bird disease. It does not mean a human flu pandemic that's landed in Britain."

I'm not worried yet, and I won't be until at least five people drop dead within a two mile radius of my village.
cabot gal
GSBitch
cabot gal

Mibba
April 6th, 2006 at 12:32pm
What's the point in worrying about? There's nothing we can do to stop it at the moment so just lay back and relax for a bit!
Togepi.
King For A Couple Of Days
Togepi.
April 6th, 2006 at 04:38pm
that_bass_line:
What's the point in worrying about? There's nothing we can do to stop it at the moment so just lay back and relax for a bit!

Exactly.
You can only get the disease if you touch an infected bird which is very unlikely unless you actually work with birds. You can't get it from other humans, and you can't get it from eating poultry (as long as it's cooked properly) so there's very little reason to panic.
If it mutates so that it can pass from human to human then that is the time to worry.
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
April 7th, 2006 at 10:22am
there has been one case of bird flu in britain and it was recently in a swan. According to the health athority we have nothing to worry about, if you live in london and are with pigeons all day like the lady in Mary Poppins then you should stop playing with the pigeons but until then you havent got to worry.
Fely
Basket Case
Fely
April 7th, 2006 at 10:29am
it's 'supposed' that there is a dead swan or somthing with bird flu in scotland
GREAT if it becomes contagous then say bye bye to life
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
April 7th, 2006 at 11:11am
The Poison:

They said that about the Black Death too. And SARS. Coffee
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
April 7th, 2006 at 11:46am
Bloodraine:
The Poison:

The Black death these days can be cured with about 30p worth of antiboitics, it hasn't been a threat since the middle ages.

I was a bit freaked out about SARS. but i'm more likely to contact HIV than that.
rollerpig
GSBitch
rollerpig
April 7th, 2006 at 12:41pm
It already reached my Country Confused
Sneki
Sneki

Mibba
April 9th, 2006 at 09:07am
it's not dangerous to eat baked chicken so i don't worry about my health. but i'm not sure when flue will stop spreading. Sad
Woodrow Derenberger
Woodrow Derenberger
April 9th, 2006 at 10:47am
I'm a bit worried about it. It supposed to hit the U.S. in June or July I think.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
April 9th, 2006 at 10:52am
NeoSteph:
Bloodraine:
The Poison:

The Black death these days can be cured with about 30p worth of antiboitics, it hasn't been a threat since the middle ages.

Does that mean there wasn't major fear and paranoia at the time? No.

I'm sure they were all as scared of Black Death in 1347 as we are of Bird Flu in 2006, so it was a fair comparison to make. The Black Death didn't wipe out humanity, and neither will Bird Flu...
Cupid Stunt
Geek
Cupid Stunt
April 10th, 2006 at 03:15pm
I think quite a few people are overreacting. Although the moment it hits an area within 10 miles of where I live, I'm not going out. Not taking the risk. Don't want to die yet.
I Heart Bunney
I Heart Bunney
April 10th, 2006 at 03:17pm
People need to calm down.
All the dudes on the news are like "everyone needs to say calm, don't panic" but there the ones that don't ever fucking shut up about it.
You can't even catch it from cooked chicken anyway.
It has to go through your nose or something. O_O
Register