Best Man

AuthorMessage
ThisIsGreenDay
Falling In Love With The Board
ThisIsGreenDay

Mibba
January 11th, 2006 at 10:09pm
1. Yes, my ADMIN privelages were taken away...BECAUSE I WASN'T ON-DAMN-LINE ENOUGH TO DO ANYTHING EXCEPT CHECK MY GODDAMN EMAIL. And because I was tired of it either being taken away or given back like a ping pong ball...I quit. Less stress for me.

2. I have the right to my opinions, and if I want to vent on a thread that's designed to chat about a story I wrote, then I'll vent. I've talked with Dujo via AIM before and when I've tried explaining myself in the past, he gets sarcastic and never truly believes me. So, why would I want to be hunky dory and kiss ass anymore?

3. I'm don't love him, I don't have to be impressed by his computer skillz. I am here because I love Green Day and they make my very happy day.

4. I have nothing against anyone else for expressing their opinions and I won't call you bitches or tell you to leave or die, because unlike those of you who have, well...I don't think I have to explain my point right there. My grudge is against Dujo right now. I don't hate him. He just pisses me off lately and for you to get in my face, does that give you the higher ground?

How about we all just agree to disagree and stop getting into other people's problems. Coexisting, but avoiding each other always works for me.

Adieu.
Dujo
Admin
Dujo
January 12th, 2006 at 01:07am
Ok, read if you're interested in what happened here Smile

!jersey!:
there can be a lot of misunderstandings

How is that possible? She explained it so well:

ThisIsGreenDay:
Because of aforementioned bipolar theory..

Rolling Eyes

We have editors on the site. Most of them give up after a couple of days/weeks, they can't or won't edit stories anymore. That's fine. I don't expect people to help cause they don't get anything... they can post their stories first and they can say they're editors (it means a lot to some of them).. but that's all. So I can't be mad at someone if they don't wanna work on the site anymore. I usually check what's going on with editors every week or two. They never say things like "Hey, I can't/won't edit anymore", they just leave. Maybe they're afraid to say that but there's no real reason for that. Like I said, I'm not mad and I won't force anyone to work here. So when they leave (don't edit for a week or two), they lose their jobs. All they have to do is contact me and they would get their jobs back. I don't wanna send them PMs and bug them. For some reason (I don't need to know what it is) they can't or won't edit stories anymore and I'm ok with that.

2.5 months ago we had 13 editors but I was editing most of the stories. So I asked them if there's something we can do about it and I suggested a new (and only) rule: Editors have to edit 10 stories / day. I also asked them if they have some better solution but they all said 10 stories / day is ok.

We had job applications on GSB last month (you probably remember that) and we got a lot of potential editors. A couple of weeks ago I told editors that we'll check statistics and see who's gonna work on the new site. And it happened 2 days ago. 3 editors got a job on the new site. Holly was not one of them. The only reason was: she was editing 4 stories / day. I guess she was pissed cause of that and posted what she posted. Congrats, it was really mature Coffee

ThisIsGreenDay:
Said he won't allow me access into the Icons & Avatars page if I still thinkg he's a "fucking asshole."

Everyone will have access to that page and you'll all be able to upload your avatars. You just won't moderate them.

ThisIsGreenDay:
If you want to keep my icons up, I say PM Dujo, otherwise I have a feeling he'll take them down now because I just don't give a care anymore.

..and I say don't PM me cause there's no reason for that. You have a feeling so I'm gonna do that?

GreenDay_Fan17:
3.) Get someone else to take her place for story editing....

Yeah, that's all I did.

GreenDay_Fan17:
But dont delete her ava pages just because she didn't do story editing...

And who said I'm gonna do that? Wink

ThisIsGreenDay:
Because the link for ADMIN that editors and shit have, that takes us to where we can edit stories and where I can get into editing/uploading icons. And I can't get there altogether.

Administration for icons is not working for a long time cause I'm transferring icons to the new site and that has nothing to do with stories.

Basket*Case:
No! Not the icons! I use those all of the time! And seriously, I shouldn't get involved, but I can totally see this thread getting locked because of the "spam" and complaining about him, adding that to the possibility of you not being able to go into the Icons and Avas thread and being able to post your avas on your page.

Icons and Avas thread is still there, this thread is not locked so why make a big deal out of nothing?

billie_joe_fit:
Holly, I agree with you all the way. I was made a story admin, and I wanted to help out. (I dont know if you read my message on the board.) But my mums very strict, and I cant always get on the computer to do everything I need to do AND be a story editor. I did what I could but also have my A level exmas taking place right now so I cant make it to the computer all the time. So my admin priorities were taken away and now I can't help out. I have other thigns to do too - Sixth form, guitar lessons (that i pay £23 each week for), exams, going to work at a store aswell, coursework..... and sleeping of course... meh, i can't do it all and it's really pissed me off. I did explain to him.

- so you think you can edit 10 stories every day?
- Every day Im on GSB yes. Every day on go on the comp I go on GSB
- not every day youre on Very Happy .. 10 stories/day means 70 stories/week..
- Ok...... If Im not allowed on every day can I make up for it the next and do like 20? so i do do 70 a week?
- yep, you can do that
- Yay!

And you didn't edit 70/week, it was 10. So what do you expect me to do? I know you have reasons for that but that's why you can't be an editor. Do what you have to do in your real life and when you get enough time you can edit stories again.

There you go.. you have all the facts. I don't know what else to post here.
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
January 12th, 2006 at 04:57am
That post was really rather long...
Baguelle
King For A Couple Of Days
Baguelle
January 12th, 2006 at 09:03am
Flaming Phalanges!:
*agrees*

And thanks Dujo.
Bittersweet World
Banned
Bittersweet World

Blog
January 12th, 2006 at 10:33am
Flaming Phalanges!:

But it did explain things clearly. Smile

So okay, back on topic. Cool

I wonder when the new chapter is coming out... -waits-
Jersey
Jersey
January 12th, 2006 at 10:49am
Buttermilk Rusk:
!jersey!:
1.- I don`t think Dujo is an asshole or something like that! If you are too busy or lazy to do what you have to do as a admin, then you should talk about it with Dujo and not insult him because of nothing.

2.- I think if someone gets insulted by a person then he/she should answer it her/himself and others shouldn`t do it for him/her. Exclamation Because then there can be a lot of misunderstandings and that sux cos`the whole thing is getting to nowhere.
Standing.up.for.a.friend.

Or in Josipa's case, standing.up.for.a.soulmate.

I don`t care about the "standing up for a friend" thing. I just hate when others say something that wasn`t for them...but hey who the fuck cares... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Bittersweet World
Banned
Bittersweet World

Blog
January 12th, 2006 at 10:57am
!jersey!:
Buttermilk Rusk:
!jersey!:
1.- I don`t think Dujo is an asshole or something like that! If you are too busy or lazy to do what you have to do as a admin, then you should talk about it with Dujo and not insult him because of nothing.

2.- I think if someone gets insulted by a person then he/she should answer it her/himself and others shouldn`t do it for him/her. Exclamation Because then there can be a lot of misunderstandings and that sux cos`the whole thing is getting to nowhere.

I don`t care about the "standing up for a friend" thing. I just hate when others say something that wasn`t for them...but hey who the fuck cares... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Lets forget this okay?!

And talk about Holly's newest awesome story okay? Okay. Cool
Baguelle
Baguelle
January 12th, 2006 at 12:44pm
Shenanigans With A Nimrod:
!jersey!:
Buttermilk Rusk:
!jersey!:

Lets forget this okay?!

And talk about Holly's newest awesome story okay? Okay. Cool
*agrees*
GreenDay_Fan17
Addict
GreenDay_Fan17
January 12th, 2006 at 12:49pm
Dujo:
GreenDay_Fan17:
But dont delete her ava pages just because she didn't do story editing...

And who said I'm gonna do that? Wink

ummmm Holly did....a few pages back
Viva La Curry
Geek
Viva La Curry
January 12th, 2006 at 01:01pm
wow i missed alotand im glad i did otherwise i'de have started takin sides so anywayz...

wen the next chapter coming out holly??
Baguelle
Baguelle
January 12th, 2006 at 05:41pm
XTomX&XBillieX=XGodsX:
wow i missed alotand im glad i did otherwise i'de have started takin sides so anywayz...

She said she had some stuff to do, so it'll be a while. (I'm guessing a while means a few days or so.)
Bittersweet World
Banned
Bittersweet World

Blog
January 12th, 2006 at 10:15pm
XTomX&XBillieX=XGodsX:

[offtopic]You joined on my birthday[/offtopic]
ThisIsGreenDay
ThisIsGreenDay

Mibba
January 12th, 2006 at 10:18pm
Dujo:
Holly was not one of them. The only reason was: she was editing 4 stories / day. I guess she was pissed cause of that and posted what she posted. Congrats, it was really mature Coffee

I love the smell of bullshit in the morning.

I guess all those times I was editing 10 or more stories a night till the point that my eyes got sore meant nothing. Those occurances where I maybe edited 4 or so we because I didn't have the time to do 10 but I still wanted to do something because it was better than nothing. And I wasn't pissed for having the ADMIN privelages taken away. It was just as well, because it becoming a chore. The job of editor should be meant to help out with what you can, not what you HAVE to do is all I'm saying. And that just doesn't sit right with me, therefore I decided not to ask for my job back and in fact quit. As for maturity, I was venting, something I will say again and again. Sure, it may have been a little harsh or whatever, but I'm a very passionate person and I won't apologize for something I felt strongly about venting. My opinions, my thoughts, me feelings. Take them to heart and, well...that's not my problem. They're words. Leave 'em at that.

But, okay, whatever. Sticks and stones. I'm done with this He Said She Said 'cause in the end, the only person who will be right is He Who Holds The Power.

Bonk
ThisIsGreenDay
ThisIsGreenDay

Mibba
January 12th, 2006 at 10:21pm
Basket*Case:
XTomX&XBillieX=XGodsX:

She said she had some stuff to do, so it'll be a while. (I'm guessing a while means a few days or so.)
It's not going to be for a while. I'm not in the mood, for some obvious reasons. Also, I've been putting off some stories I've been trying to write and even co-write with a friend. A virtual series of the Joss Whedon show Firefly that became the movie Serenity. It had been canceled after only 10 episodes but it's a great show and an even greater movie.

Ya'll should check it out sometime. Three words is all you need to know about Firefly/Serenity:

COWBOYS IN SPACE.

Laughing
GreenDay_Fan17
Addict
GreenDay_Fan17
January 12th, 2006 at 10:22pm
joss whedon....i hate that dude...he canceled buffy and angel
ThisIsGreenDay
ThisIsGreenDay

Mibba
January 12th, 2006 at 10:25pm
He didn't cancel Angel and Buffy.

1. Sarah Michelle Gellar approached him and said that season 7 would be her last and you can't have Buffy the Vampire Slayer with Buffy. So, it ended.

2. The WB canceled Angel. Joss tried shopping it around to other networks but none would pick it up.
GreenDay_Fan17
Addict
GreenDay_Fan17
January 12th, 2006 at 10:28pm
didn't UPN have a contract with buffy....why not move angel too

or on TNT they play angel on there just have that for the channel thingy
ThisIsGreenDay
ThisIsGreenDay

Mibba
January 12th, 2006 at 10:29pm
As for Firefly, FOX canceled the show and Joss also tried shopping that around, and when it didn't get picked up by other networks, he vowed that the 'verse would not die and he would do whatever he could to tell more of the story. Because of huge DVD sales, Firefly gathered a large cult following. So, when Joss approached Universal and told them his plan, and they loved it. He called the cast of the show, got them all back for the movie and the rest is history.

As Captain Malcolm Reynolds (Nathan Fillion) said in the very first episode of Firefly [and as well as Joss Whedon, himself, saying this):

"We've done the impossible, and that makes us mighty."
ThisIsGreenDay
ThisIsGreenDay

Mibba
January 12th, 2006 at 10:29pm
GreenDay_Fan17:
didn't UPN have a contract with buffy....why not move angel too

or on TNT they play angel on there just have that for the channel thingy
UPN didn't want Angel after what went down with Buffy ending. And TNT just didn't.
GreenDay_Fan17
Addict
GreenDay_Fan17
January 12th, 2006 at 10:30pm
Crying or Very sad i miss them shows Crying or Very sad

now theres only charmed but thats ending this year
Register