NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
January 31st, 2006 at 12:56pm
Nine_Inch_Nails:
paradoxical:
spill_no_sick:
I'm a huge fan of serial killers....I don't think what they do is great or anything (....yes I do...) but it's not like saying their brilliant causes them to do it

if you make them feel intelligent it might even prevent them...they finally got a compliment!!!!

Laughing
Yes, serial killers are fascinating.
Yes, they do great things. Remembering that "great" and "good" are not synonymous.
But I doubt that they kill out of frustration and a major inferiority complex.
Humans are not innately capable of murder. We are capable of killing out of necessity, but no animal commits murder, even when brought down to most base instinct. It takes something very serious to drive a human to kill in the way that serial killers do, that calculating way, like it means nothing.
It isn't necessarily genius. To be able to avoid getting caught, that takes some intellect. For it to be a game...I shudder to think.

"Voldemort did great things. Terrible....yes....but great!"

Harry Potter Cool

a true work of art Cool
Preter
Idiot
Preter
February 1st, 2006 at 10:13am
VF Lover!:
Serial Killers. All the time on Vampirefreaks, you get people who put "I wanna meet a serial killer", or "My favourite serial killer is so and so", and such, in their profiles. There are so many people who think that these disgusting excuses for human beings are the most intelligent/brilliant. There are even books written on Serial killers.

The Death Penalty was brought up between Bloodraine (sorry, I forgot the spelling of your username, hun) and I, and this crossed my mind because it does have a lot to do with Serial Killers.

There are people out there who wish to study the brain of the serial killer. They act like their so great, but what are we all forgetting?
THEY KILLED PEOPLE! Lots of people! People with families; children, spouses, mothers, fathers, siblings, friends. And we admire these creatures?
Think of the families of those who have lost their beloved. They've lost someone most dear to them, and then they go out and see books published on the murderer.
This is disgusting.
I've talked to a person who wanted to meet a serial killer. Does anyone know why this is a bad idea? BECAUSE THEY'D KILL YOU!
Why can't people get that through their thick heads?
Serial killers. That's what they do: kill!

So, my question to you, what is your opinion of serial killers?

it in the humane nature to kill

evrybody kills something
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
February 1st, 2006 at 11:07am
Preter:

That's a theory I've never heard before. Evidence?
Kitti
Falling In Love With The Board
Kitti
February 1st, 2006 at 11:17am
Preter:

evrybody kills something

On the contrary, it is animal instinct to kill out of necessity. Only humanity commits murder, which is very personal and above all, needless. It is not an innate thing, murder. Something happens to push a person to that point, where the killing is premeditated.
Yes, from the "humans are animals" pespective, we have "kill" in our nature. But it is not a driving need.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
February 1st, 2006 at 11:52am
Bloodraine:
Preter:

That's a theory I've never heard before. Evidence?

I wouldn't say it was our nature, but I think sometimes it's our instincts. Such as cavemen. Their instinct was to kill for survival.

"It's a dog eat dog world out there"
wheels-and-dolls-baby
Geek
wheels-and-dolls-baby
February 1st, 2006 at 02:04pm
It's fascinating to find out about serial killers through watching a documentary or reading a book etc. but I'd really like to know what makes them tick.

I do think it's disgusting though how young girls send love letters and fan letters through to serial killers or killers like they are doing with Luke Mitchell.
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
February 1st, 2006 at 02:51pm
wheels-and-dolls-baby:
It's fascinating to find out about serial killers through watching a documentary or reading a book etc. but I'd really like to know what makes them tick.

I do think it's disgusting though how young girls send love letters and fan letters through to serial killers or killers like they are doing with Luke Mitchell.

they were also sending letters to the Kray twins and i have to say i find it hard to know why
wheels-and-dolls-baby
Geek
wheels-and-dolls-baby
February 1st, 2006 at 06:49pm
tre_cool_is_god:
wheels-and-dolls-baby:

they were also sending letters to the Kray twins and i have to say i find it hard to know why

it made me feel sick when I read that and I couldn't eat my bloody dinner after reading it, lol
Super Black Market Karlee
Idiot
February 1st, 2006 at 07:09pm
I must confess that I am one of those people that has an odd fixation with serial killers. Not to the point of admiration, or replication of what they did, but they have always fascinated me. Charles Manson, whoever commited the Black Dahlia Murder (i think its Bugsy Siegel, but that's another story), and Jack the Ripper are just a few that I am fascinated by. I would love to have been able to talk with them, just to see what made them tick, what drove him to do such things. My teachers think it a bit odd that I did my 6th grade book report on a book about the Black Dahlia Murder, but I don't think I have an 'unhealthy curiousity', as my teacher called it.

Let me make some things clear though: I do NOT admire these people for their deeds. I will NOT say that they were amazing. I WILL say that these were complex and intriguing human beings, and given the chance, I would love to learn more about them.
Kitti
Kitti
February 1st, 2006 at 07:14pm
Glamourized Cocaine:
I must confess that I am one of those people that has an odd fixation with serial killers. Not to the point of admiration, or replication of what they did, but they have always fascinated me. Charles Manson, whoever commited the Black Dahlia Murder (i think its Bugsy Siegel, but that's another story), and Jack the Ripper are just a few that I am fascinated by. I would love to have been able to talk with them, just to see what made them tick, what drove him to do such things. My teachers think it a bit odd that I did my 6th grade book report on a book about the Black Dahlia Murder, but I don't think I have an 'unhealthy curiousity', as my teacher called it.

Let me make some things clear though: I do NOT admire these people for their deeds. I will NOT say that they were amazing. I WILL say that these were complex and intriguing human beings, and given the chance, I would love to learn more about them.

Jack the Ripper, yes...
Intriguing and disgusting.
I don't remember the title of a book that was recommended to me about him...apparently fairly accurate.
Though it's probably not a good thing that I laughed through the film From Hell. It's just that even in a serious role, Johnny Depp is so funny!
Idiot
February 1st, 2006 at 07:31pm
paradoxical:
Glamourized Cocaine:

Jack the Ripper, yes...
I don't remember the title of a book that was recommended to me about him...apparently fairly accurate.
Though it's probably not a good thing that I laughed through the film From Hell. It's just that even in a serious role, Johnny Depp is so funny!

I laughed too. Especially the ending when he dies. Eh, I sound like some crazy maniacal psychopath. I was the only one in the room laughing my ass off xD JohnnyDeppOMG<33 [/offtopic-ness]
Kitti
Kitti
February 1st, 2006 at 08:01pm
Glamourized Cocaine:
paradoxical:
Glamourized Cocaine:

Jack the Ripper, yes...

I laughed too. Especially the ending when he dies. Eh, I sound like some crazy maniacal psychopath. I was the only one in the room laughing my ass off xD JohnnyDeppOMG<33 [/offtopic-ness]

A friend of mine wanted to see it...
We watched it with my mom. Who was freaking out. My friend was a little grossed out too. I was trying to suppress maniacal laughter.
Yes, dying from an opium overdose, that was a clever end.
But the historical accuracy pretty much ends at the fact that there was a guy called Jack the Ripper and he killed people. In that film.
Misanthropist
Post Whore
Misanthropist
February 1st, 2006 at 10:44pm
I think the mind of a psychotic is just plain interesting to some people. I've tried to read books on serial killer's... their crimes, their punishments etc. They just end up freaking me out.

But, some people want to know the sick stuff people do... theories on why they did... how come they do or don't feel regret... that sort of thing. It's just human interest, I don't think anyone really "admires" them.
Idiot
February 2nd, 2006 at 07:12pm
TrippyProzac:
I think the mind of a psychotic is just plain interesting to some people. I've tried to read books on serial killer's... their crimes, their punishments etc. They just end up freaking me out.

But, some people want to know the sick stuff people do... theories on why they did... how come they do or don't feel regret... that sort of thing. It's just human interest, I don't think anyone really "admires" them.

I admire their minds in that they must be so complex to commit these heinous crimes, and not feel any guilt. I don't admire their deeds. That's just sick.
[offtopic]Anyone heard of the Heaven's Gate cult? That was some freaky shit :shocked: [/offtopic]
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
May 15th, 2006 at 06:17pm
Torture murderers are the murderers that I'd most like to get inside the minds of. I'd JUMP at the chance to meet Ian Brady...he was one fucking sick, perverted man, a total sadist. But just the things he used to come out with, and the way he thinks/thought...the man was pure evil. I'd love to know what makes him tick.
GD Addicts Anonymous
GD Addicts Anonymous
May 15th, 2006 at 09:38pm
Serial killers are very sick and vile people.
They should get the death penalty. They killed lots of people, they should be killed too. If one killed someone in my family or friends, I'd want to kill them myself. Or it would be good to lock them up for life with very little priveleges. Ultimately I think they should let the families of those who were killed decide what to do with them.
GD Addicts Anonymous
GD Addicts Anonymous
May 15th, 2006 at 09:42pm
And I would never want to meet one because I'd probably be very angry and want to hurt them. I don't want to know what makes their sick minds work.
killing loneliness
Idiot
killing loneliness
May 16th, 2006 at 02:39am
redc:
Studying their brains would be interesting...what makes a serial killer a serial killer? I'd actually be really interested in seeing their brain activity, what parts of their brain function differently - do any parts function differently - how "similar" to the rest of us are they?

Because most of them do appear "normal" to us, just last night watched a 'bio' on Denis Rader (aka BTK serial killer), and as what seems to be the case he was a nice, normal guy - married with two children and yet he killed at least 10 people. Why? What "made" him do it?

I don't respect anyone who kills people - if it's 1 or 10 or more - but I'd love to know why, what's going on in their mind that makes it "okay" to commit these crimes. I don't personally want to meet a serial killer, but I'd watch a bio on them (as I did & do). Human behaviour is fascinating.

agreed...about the killers you're right.and yes...human behaviour is most interesting.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
May 16th, 2006 at 04:57am
killing loneliness:
redc:
Studying their brains would be interesting...what makes a serial killer a serial killer? I'd actually be really interested in seeing their brain activity, what parts of their brain function differently - do any parts function differently - how "similar" to the rest of us are they?

Because most of them do appear "normal" to us, just last night watched a 'bio' on Denis Rader (aka BTK serial killer), and as what seems to be the case he was a nice, normal guy - married with two children and yet he killed at least 10 people. Why? What "made" him do it?

I don't respect anyone who kills people - if it's 1 or 10 or more - but I'd love to know why, what's going on in their mind that makes it "okay" to commit these crimes. I don't personally want to meet a serial killer, but I'd watch a bio on them (as I did & do). Human behaviour is fascinating.

agreed...about the killers you're right.and yes...human behaviour is most interesting.

the power over people perhaps? or he just had a sadist part in him?

but i think that showing tv programmes about killers just glorifies what they did to a certain extent.
Matty.
Matty.
May 16th, 2006 at 05:47am
more importantly, why the hell would you go on vampire freaks in the first place?
Register