Serial Killers

AuthorMessage
to luv u is 2 hate u
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
to luv u is 2 hate u
March 20th, 2007 at 11:16am
i find them sick but i have to argue they are indeed intellegent. sure they got caught but could you do better? as for those they kill they consider them to be above them and in many cases they kill those that do have familys and will be missed because that is the reaction they are looking for they delight in others fear and missery did you know there is a small portion of the brain compltetly UNMAPPED it is believed that that is the part that dictates a persons sopoul and what they are capable of there is something there or missing that seperates them from normal everyday meat bags....
Ol' Blue Eyes.
King For A Couple Of Days
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
March 21st, 2007 at 07:16pm
Joan Greenwood:
Flaming Phalanges!:
Thing is, with something like cancer, you get warning, and you get to say things and do things before you die which you wouldn't ge to do if you were being raped/tortured/murdered/generally scared shitless by a serial killer.

You might not care about your family and friends, but I sure as hell care about mine, as do a lot of peole, and you just can't condone this because it balances things out.

Just because it might not change the world if somebody died, it will shatter many people's lives if someone they love was taken like this, and if everybody knew one person who'd been murdered, then we'd all be on the edge of topping ourselves.

I don't understand how you can be so heartless tbh.
"A gramme is better than a damn" (Haha, sorry)

I realise that I am in a major minority here, but I can't help it if I see the human race as a wholly destructive, preying mantis style race. I cannot fathom it. I have no faith in human nature and I believe that if you were promised that you wouldn't get slung in jail if you murdered anyone who made you feel sad, bullied you or even just laughed at your daffodil-yellow toilet seat then the human race would be gone by now. I just see that human=hypocrite.

If I was murdered today, say as an example, I'd be put through a great deal of pain (in some circumstances) before I died. My mother would be disrought, my family would grieve and the school people around me would be a still stunned (hopefully..) but if I commited suicide, they'd blame each other for making me do it, therefore causing more grief and anger.
Omfg. Brave New World!! Ahbrow

I honestly can't believe that all humans are as you say. I tend to believe that people are basically good, until proven wrong.

And I really think that there is a huge difference between serial killers and other murderers. Serial killers are just insane, but in the most terrifying way, because you can't tell. Not that murderers aren't like that, but serial killers are just sneakier and aren't caught for years because they're so good at killing.

I don't want people like that roaming the streets.
Bones
Falling In Love With The Board
Bones

Mibba Blog
April 10th, 2007 at 11:08am
As disturbing and evil as they may be most of them are actually incredibly intelligent people, much smarter than most of us
I am in a way fascinated by seriel killers but only coz i want to spend my career making sure guys like that are off the streets
And we have to study how their minds work if we're ever going to catch them and stop them from harming more people

And its true, my dad's a cop and he could tell u that these people get just as much fan mail as green day probally do, which is fucked up if u ask me
Funky Platypus
Idiot
Funky Platypus

Blog
April 10th, 2007 at 01:32pm
Lady Lazerus:
Flaming Phalanges!:
Thing is, with something like cancer, you get warning, and you get to say things and do things before you die which you wouldn't ge to do if you were being raped/tortured/murdered/generally scared shitless by a serial killer.

You might not care about your family and friends, but I sure as hell care about mine, as do a lot of peole, and you just can't condone this because it balances things out.

Just because it might not change the world if somebody died, it will shatter many people's lives if someone they love was taken like this, and if everybody knew one person who'd been murdered, then we'd all be on the edge of topping ourselves.

I don't understand how you can be so heartless tbh.
"A gramme is better than a damn" (Haha, sorry)

I realise that I am in a major minority here, but I can't help it if I see the human race as a wholly destructive, preying mantis style race. I cannot fathom it. I have no faith in human nature and I believe that if you were promised that you wouldn't get slung in jail if you murdered anyone who made you feel sad, bullied you or even just laughed at your daffodil-yellow toilet seat then the human race would be gone by now. I just see that human=hypocrite.

If I was murdered today, say as an example, I'd be put through a great deal of pain (in some circumstances) before I died. My mother would be disrought, my family would grieve and the school people around me would be a still stunned (hopefully..) but if I commited suicide, they'd blame each other for making me do it, therefore causing more grief and anger.

I don't think you can decide what's worse. Cancer or being murdered. Without being put in a position where you know the full extent of how bad EACH situation is, you can't make a completely fair decision that "one's worse than the other." And, even if you did know, it would still be a partly-biased decision because you're a different person, and obviously, different people can have different opinions on the same subject. So even that may still be unfair. I don't think you can tell.

My dad has had prostate cancer for four years now, since I was eleven. Ever since he was diagnosed, I can say that my life has been pretty shitty in comparison to what it was before. Cancer is horrible. The main element isn't fear, anger, or any of that. It's helplessness. Watching the most important person in your life be slowly stripped of all his passions and mobility and, soon enough, life, without being able to do a goddamn thing about it has to be the hardest thing ever. And, to quote Dr. Phil, "when a family member has cancer, the whole family has it too."

At the same time, I couldn't possibly FATHOM what it would be like to be slaughtered like some victims of serial murders. My mom's friend was tortured by The Hillside Strangler. They stuck two prongs into each of her hands and stuck her palms into electrical sockets, blowtorched her in the ass, and probably worse... can you image? Not having that final goodbye, and your last thought and sight would be your own killer. It would be unfair of me to say that cancer is worse, but it would also be unfair to say that is worse as well.

And my outlook on the world is that people have an built-in desire to do good. But our experiences in life, both good and bad, can warp that, so some people go insane and lose their concept of morality. Like serial killers. And, in case you've never noticed, evil doings have always been more noticed and publicized than good. That's why you always hear about murders and rapes every day in the news, and yet there's very few good things ever noticed. It's just how it goes, evil doings are more pronounced. So, maybe the WORLD can sound evil, but I think it's just that those few whack-jobs corrupt our concept of it.
votefordisco
Rotting On Here
votefordisco

Mibba
July 14th, 2007 at 07:16pm
I love this thread. I just read through it all and I'll tell you that I have enjoyed every minute of it. Serial killers fascinate me beyond belief, they really do.

I'm a huge fan of Criminal Minds and CSI and I enjoy reading stories in the news about murders and violent crimes. Serial killers fascinate me especially because they're so thought out and purposeful; crimes of passion and man slaughter are one offs and I wouldn't always label the offender as a murderer, but if you're a serial killer then you're killing for a reason and you know exactly what you're doing. And it fascinates me beyond belief.

It partly fascinates me because of my lack of understanding at how someone can be driven to carry out such deeds, but more because of the intelligence it must take to do something like that. Even the people that get caught must be insanely clever not to get caught after just one murder, because it is just so hard to get away with something like that. There's so much evidence that you could hold someone on that most people wouldn't even bother to look for, and the killer has to think about all of this before hand and make sure not to leave that evidence if they want to carry out their plan and not get caught.

I don't think it's the act of killing that fascinates me so much as the plans that are used to carry out the act. The intelligence needed to comit such an extreme series of crimes and to not get caught.

In a way I do admire serial killers. In general I don't think human's have the right to take lives, which would normally put me into the position to defend that law, but sometimes I feel like defending the murderer instead. I'm not even sure why, I just get this strong urge to comfort them when I watch them in TV shows or films.

I want to know everything about serial killers and the law and all of that kind of thing. I plan to do Criminology at University and whether or not that's to support the law or use my knowledge against it is as of yet undecided.
missand
Geek
missand

Mibba
July 17th, 2007 at 03:52pm
Serial Killers aren't as vile as people think, in the american and UK prisons and most likley prisons everywhere.

They are on lockdown, and they do kill in prison. If you've seen the Aryan Brotherhood you'll know what I am talking about. but it hasn't been the first time that a mass murderer has killed a child mollestor. Child Mollestors is the lowest thing on the planet, everyone deserves a second chance byut not them.
cabot gal
GSBitch
cabot gal

Mibba
July 18th, 2007 at 04:15pm
missand:
Serial Killers aren't as vile as people think...They are on lockdown, and they do kill in prison.
Unless I've misunderstood you, if that's not vile, then I don't know what is.
rollerpig
GSBitch
rollerpig
July 18th, 2007 at 04:26pm
Boobmeister:
missand:
Serial Killers aren't as vile as people think...They are on lockdown, and they do kill in prison.
Unless I've misunderstood you, if that's not vile, then I don't know what is.

...evil?
Comic tragedy
Idiot
Comic tragedy
July 22nd, 2007 at 05:45am
Like some people said on here, I'd like to talk to one.
I'd like to know why they're a serial killer.
For instance, how was their childhood?
Could their childhood have led them to become serial killers?
Or were they actually born to kill people?
And... I'd like to know they're IQ.

Buuuuuut, there'd be a 76.2% chance of me getting killed trying to get into a serial killer's head.

And for the people who idolize serial killers...
It's their opinion.
They can idolize who they want.
But personally, I don't see the reason to look up to one.
[Except maybe curiosity].
But it doesn't exactly set the best example.
Then again, Lindsay Lohan doesn't, either...
robotchicken.
Falling In Love With The Board
robotchicken.

Mibba
July 22nd, 2007 at 07:13am
Serial Killers are a mystery. Really, alot of very smart people do not kill, alot of emotionally hurt people do not kill, alot of people with brain trouble do not kill people, so what makes these killers different people from the so called normal people? I mean why does a child molester...molest? What causes those people to want to harm children like that? .....[offtopic] Wouldn't be creepy if someone put they wanted to meet a child molester in their profile?....hmmm i bet someone already has.
Anyway, I wouldn't like to meet a serial killer. Because I hate when people kill people. Sure we are all going to die. But instead of going and killing each other why dont we make it easier for each other and love instead. Increadibly hippy, but trust me less people would die and or commit suicide. i hate humans :/
Hello Seattle.
Banned
Hello Seattle.
July 22nd, 2007 at 10:13am
robotchicken.:
Serial Killers are a mystery. Really, alot of very smart people do not kill, alot of emotionally hurt people do not kill, alot of people with brain trouble do not kill people, so what makes these killers different people from the so called normal people? I mean why does a child molester...molest? What causes those people to want to harm children like that? .....[offtopic] Wouldn't be creepy if someone put they wanted to meet a child molester in their profile?....hmmm i bet someone already has.
Anyway, I wouldn't like to meet a serial killer. Because I hate when people kill people. Sure we are all going to die. But instead of going and killing each other why dont we make it easier for each other and love instead. Increadibly hippy, but trust me less people would die and or commit suicide. i hate humans :/
sociopath.
it's a person with no emotion pretty much. they could care less about theirs or anyones feelings. they get pleasure out of pain.

humans are the dumbest.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
July 22nd, 2007 at 10:17am
The BTK murderer really freaked me out. His testimony, he might as well have been discussing the weather. And he had a family and all. Gives me the chills, like it could be anyone, with absolutely so remorse.
Hello Seattle.
Banned
Hello Seattle.
July 22nd, 2007 at 10:21am
Anji:
The BTK murderer really freaked me out. His testimony, he might as well have been discussing the weather. And he had a family and all. Gives me the chills, like it could be anyone, with absolutely so remorse.
i dunno what you're talking about.

but i think i'd like to.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
July 22nd, 2007 at 10:35am
Stevie Bloodbath:
Anji:

but i think i'd like to.
A serial killer dubbed BTK, or Bind, Torture, Kill. His name was Dennis Rader. He killed seven people I think. Also a bit like the Unabomber, he sent letters to newspapers taunting the law nforcement and such. Read the article, it says it all, about his crimes, his family, his conviction.
Ol' Blue Eyes.
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
July 23rd, 2007 at 03:05am
Anji:
Stevie Bloodbath:
Anji:

but i think i'd like to.
A serial killer dubbed BTK, or Bind, Torture, Kill. His name was Dennis Rader. He killed seven people I think. Also a bit like the Unabomber, he sent letters to newspapers taunting the law nforcement and such. Read the article, it says it all, about his crimes, his family, his conviction.
God, I saw those testimonies. It was just, so freaky, the way he sat there and they would ask, "So you strangled soandso?" and he'd just reply, "Yessir." so monotone. It terrified me.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
July 23rd, 2007 at 07:42am
Yeah, I know. And his family and friends had absolutely no clue, and they all trusted him so. Really scares the jimmies out of me
Ol' Blue Eyes.
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
July 23rd, 2007 at 07:02pm
Anji:
Yeah, I know. And his family and friends had absolutely no clue, and they all trusted him so. Really scares the jimmies out of me
It's weird to think that his family had no idea. That this man had a whole other life, torturing and strangling people, taunting media and police, while simultaneously being involved in his church, a respected man in his neighborhood.

I wonder what he would say when the subject came up on the news. I'm sure his wife and children were afraid.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
July 24th, 2007 at 09:42pm
My dad always teases me if we watch something like that like he tells me, 'Beware of middle aged fathers with two children' and then laughs sort of evilly. And I usually laugh along but falter a bit, because it really goes to show that they could potentially be anyone.
Mike Dirnt.
Mike Dirnt.

Mibba
July 25th, 2007 at 12:40pm
I think I'd quite like to meet a serial killer.
Just to see what goes on in their mind.
But I think they're sick and wrong.
To kill people for fun? Who does that? A sick bastard.
To destroy somebody's life, be it who they killed or their family.
I think some books are published so you can learn about them, not to glorify them.
:/
But yeah, I think they should be locked up.
SkittyOhGadz
Banned
SkittyOhGadz

Mibba
July 25th, 2007 at 02:19pm
I think these people are victims too; no one in their right state of mind would go around killing people.
I also think a lot of people who put the above in their profiles are just doing it to look cool. If they were to meet a real serial killer they'd probably run for their life.. literally.
Register