AuthorMessage
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
June 15th, 2006 at 02:04pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Magne:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
I talked to NeoSteph about it too, she gave me some information. This just doesnt sound Like a good plan at all. It's intrusive and I don't think it will be effective.

hang on a minute does that mean we agree again!! Surprised

Shifty Maybe I should disagree, this could upset the balance of the universe

lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao see we argue but can debate the issuse out which is why we are here
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 15th, 2006 at 02:05pm
Magne:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Magne:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
I talked to NeoSteph about it too, she gave me some information. This just doesnt sound Like a good plan at all. It's intrusive and I don't think it will be effective.

lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao see we argue but can debate the issuse out which is why we are here
I think you should make a new topic on this, I havnt seen one and It's an important issue.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
June 15th, 2006 at 02:05pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Magne:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Magne:
I_worship_tre_Cool:

I think you should make a new topic on this, I havnt seen one and It's an important issue.

what on id cards?
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 15th, 2006 at 02:07pm
Magne:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Magne:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Magne:
I_worship_tre_Cool:

what on id cards?
yes, and on how it's invading privacy and how it's not going to work and yada yada yada.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
June 15th, 2006 at 02:16pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Magne:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Magne:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Magne:
I_worship_tre_Cool:

what on id cards?
yes, and on how it's invading privacy and how it's not going to work and yada yada yada.

ok done
spill_no_sick
Falling In Love With The Board
spill_no_sick
June 16th, 2006 at 01:13pm
Bloodraine:
Aha. Ironically, we debated this issue in RE class only yesterday. I had considered making a topic on it.

We also had a vote on it...The group was pretty much split 50-50. My opinion was; Freedom of speech is the key issue here. If we stop certain jokes from being told, we are limiting a person's basic human rights to speak as they wish. However, this issue has a certain grey area. Where does the joke stop? Is it inciting racial hatred?.

As you say, this has been going on for years with Christians. Even when I was still a member of that faith, I personally was guilty of telling the jokes which poked fun at my then religion. Because I found them funny.

I have serious issues with the quote; "Freedom has it's limits". Purely because that is quite an oxymoronic stament. Although, I do agree that having comedians publically tell these jokes should have it's limits. Within a small group of people, however, I see no problem.

But this is a subject with plenty of scope for debate...both sides have good arguments.

the First Amendment does not protect slander (even though no one enforces that anymore
Register