AuthorMessage
Incubus
Jackass
Incubus
February 4th, 2006 at 08:43pm
Bloodraine:
Vader_Darth:
^ correct its just a bloody cartoon.

now in London there a muslim protests with pickit signs saying 'your 9/11 will come Europe.'
Now if that ain't terrorism please tell me what is.

I watched the news last night...to see the coverage on this story in particular, as the whole event intrigues me. Some signs I saw held aloft were;

"Behead those who go against Islam"
"Death to Denmark"
"Europe, You'll come crawling when the Mujahideen come Roaring"

I also heard chants of 'Jihad'. This kind of behaviour really isn't acceptable to me. I really think the whole thing has been taken too far by the protesters. There was also some interview with Jack Straw on the news; Unsurprisingly, he was against the cartoon being printed.

^ I stole this picture of the Protesters from Sky News.

All that because of this:
Mental...
fender
Geek
fender
February 5th, 2006 at 07:35am
its rediculous, it really is. they are just as bad as any one of the racists in all the other countries. they need a good old spanking!
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
February 5th, 2006 at 09:36am
fender:
its rediculous, it really is. they are just as bad as any one of the racists in all the other countries. they need a good old spanking!

they are allowed to say and act anyway they want but we are not i dont think taht is fair and also it is taking away from us that we must cherish, the freedom of speach.
A New Wave Gospel
Idiot
A New Wave Gospel
February 5th, 2006 at 02:40pm
I actualy think the cartoons really quite funny.
I really don't see how it offends them though.
Incubus
Jackass
Incubus
February 5th, 2006 at 05:08pm
Vader_Darth:

I guess they really hit a nerve.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
February 5th, 2006 at 05:09pm
Incubus:
Vader_Darth:

doesnt mean that they can burn down the embassies and hold banners saying that europe is the cance and islam is the answer.
Incubus
Jackass
Incubus
February 5th, 2006 at 05:16pm
tre_cool_is_god:
Incubus:
Vader_Darth:

doesnt mean that they can burn down the embassies and hold banners saying that europe is the cance and islam is the answer.

I know, it's madness.
This hatered has been builting up for a long time, I think these posters have just been the excuse they need to let it out.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
February 5th, 2006 at 05:22pm
Incubus:
tre_cool_is_god:
Incubus:
Vader_Darth:

I know, it's madness.
This hatered has been builting up for a long time, I think these posters have just been the excuse they need to let it out.

i think that one day there will be a full scale race war in this country and there is nothing anyone can do about it.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
February 5th, 2006 at 09:03pm
Vader_Darth:

because no one is supposed to make an image of Mohammed, it goes against their fundamental belief. I understand why their mad, but I think the protestors in England who were walking the street carrying banners asking for terrorism against the UK should be locked up.

Those protestors tried inciting war, and thats illegal yet the police did NOTHING to stop them when they could, shows the one sided views of the hypocracy which is England.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
February 5th, 2006 at 09:05pm
tre_cool_is_god:
Incubus:
tre_cool_is_god:
Incubus:
Vader_Darth:

I know, it's madness.

i think that one day there will be a full scale race war in this country and there is nothing anyone can do about it.

There is something that can be done about it, but the government refuses to give an opinion, people who have the right to enter England are refused, and those inciting hatred are let in so as to not look like we're racist. Pityful.
A New Wave Gospel
Idiot
A New Wave Gospel
February 6th, 2006 at 03:19am
NeoSteph:
Vader_Darth:

because no one is supposed to make an image of Mohammed, it goes against their fundamental belief. I understand why their mad, but I think the protestors in England who were walking the street carrying banners asking for terrorism against the UK should be locked up.

Those protestors tried inciting war, and thats illegal yet the police did NOTHING to stop them when they could, shows the one sided views of the hypocracy which is England.

So not even Muslims themselfs aren't allowed to draw pictures of Mohammed..... strange?
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
February 6th, 2006 at 07:20am
NeoSteph:
tre_cool_is_god:
Incubus:
tre_cool_is_god:
Incubus:
Vader_Darth:

I know, it's madness.

There is something that can be done about it, but the government refuses to give an opinion, people who have the right to enter England are refused, and those inciting hatred are let in so as to not look like we're racist. Pityful.

there will become a time when they will have to do somthing about it all before blood is spilt.
GangControl
Jackass
GangControl
February 6th, 2006 at 07:22am
On a slight tangent...

Intolerance vs intolerance

You can't incite murder because of an individuals intolerance to your religion, when by doing so you are being intolerant of someone else who is expressing their opinion (by means of... freedom)

Without taking freedom of speech into consideration, the cartoon was seemingly intolerant of a religions fundamental belief. But, how is calling for the murder of those who made it/allowed it, counteracting that intolerance? Its doing exactly the same thing.

Blah.

Individual.

Opinions.

Freedom of speech is the most important thing. And so is understanding and accepting that everyone has different views. Its a big world.
VF Lover!
VF Lover!
February 8th, 2006 at 07:18am
Rolling Eyes
Well, first I'm going to say that yes, America is not all that much of a free country.
But putting down this... law?... would be taking away more rights.
I agree that is wrong to make any discriminative comments towards someone's own religion because it's just ignorant and makes you seem like an asshole, but why they take this as a treat is kind of stupid also.
Some people just have different opinions.
I mean, discrimination should be banned all together. At least, any public discrimination.
a-dawg.
Falling In Love With The Board
a-dawg.
February 8th, 2006 at 10:23am
A lot of Muslims do NOT agree with the burning of embassies, death threats, etc. Mohammed said the exact opposite. I quote a letter in the newspaper from an Irish Muslim:

"If Mohammed were alive today, he would merely turn away from the cartoon and say a prayer for the cartoonist."

Which is true. And the Muslims protesting violently are merely living up to the cartoon.
Rainbows in the Dark
Idiot
Rainbows in the Dark

Blog
February 10th, 2006 at 10:52pm
I'm not sure about Denmark but I know in the American Bill of Rights freedom of speech is the first thing mentioned. I believe it should be unlimited in every way as long as no one is being PHYSICALLY hurt. Although that may never happen that is what I believe. One of my closest friends is Muslim and I talked to her about this and she didn't think it was that bad. She could understand why people would be upset but she said that they need to understand it was a joke. I agree with her, it was a political cartoon. Aren't they always insulting?
a-dawg.
a-dawg.
February 11th, 2006 at 10:15am
[QUOTE="IYes, but the French and Norwegians are fucking pushing it if you ask me.
suzie_k
suzie_k
February 11th, 2006 at 10:41am
The thing with the Muslim religon is it is alot more closed than Christianity or Judaism.
And you have to respect other peoples beliefs.
I know that alot of the older generation in Ireland were offended by Father Ted, because they were brought up to respect the catholic church!
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
February 12th, 2006 at 06:25am
xAiffoXKorrx:
[QUOTE="IYes, but the French and Norwegians are fucking pushing it if you ask me.

why???
die gozer
Idiot
die gozer
February 12th, 2006 at 09:13am
there realy is no one to blame in this other than the muslims for beeing abit hipocrit about these sort of thing theyre realy are just using this to send a message to the world that they are misstreaded in there own country do to bad leadership but isent the same evry where ?
Register