AuthorMessage
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
February 13th, 2006 at 04:24pm
tre_cool_is_god:
NeoSteph:
If you want to make a topic about the IRA or Ireland/England please do so, but don't go off topic in this one.

sorry neosteph i think i may have started this off topic arguement.

don't worry about it, everyones guilty of doing it, referencing other debates is absolutely fine which is what you did, but it got dragged quite a few more pages than it should.

call me steph by the way!
a-dawg.
Falling In Love With The Board
a-dawg.
February 13th, 2006 at 04:25pm
Bloodraine:
xAiffoXKorrx:
Don't be bitter? Don't be bitter that millions of our ancestors died in a poorly handled famine? And if it weren't for the British colonization 800 years ago the Troubles wouldn't necesssarily exist.

Don't be bitter because it happened 800 years ago. They're dead, they're buried and they're gone. Let go.

But I think you should make a new topic for this, certainly an emotive subject.
You can't let go of a large part of your history.
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
February 13th, 2006 at 04:39pm
xAiffoXKorrx:
Bloodraine:
xAiffoXKorrx:
Don't be bitter? Don't be bitter that millions of our ancestors died in a poorly handled famine? And if it weren't for the British colonization 800 years ago the Troubles wouldn't necesssarily exist.

Don't be bitter because it happened 800 years ago. They're dead, they're buried and they're gone. Let go.

But I think you should make a new topic for this, certainly an emotive subject.

no i agree you cant
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
February 13th, 2006 at 04:42pm
tre_cool_is_god:
xAiffoXKorrx:

no i agree you cant

I'm sure there is a large part of history that I could bleat and bray on about the English meing mistreated, but I wont.

It isn't my history. Sure, It was my 'race' (If you can call it that?). But I wasn't there, it never affected me.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
February 13th, 2006 at 05:57pm
Bloodraine:
tre_cool_is_god:
xAiffoXKorrx:

no i agree you cant

I'm sure there is a large part of history that I could bleat and bray on about the English meing mistreated, but I wont.

It isn't my history. Sure, It was my 'race' (If you can call it that?). But I wasn't there, it never affected me.

well i think that history affects the future and everyone in it
a-dawg.
a-dawg.
February 13th, 2006 at 07:11pm
tre_cool_is_god:
Bloodraine:
tre_cool_is_god:
xAiffoXKorrx:

no i agree you cant

That was a very wise sentence.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
February 13th, 2006 at 07:12pm
xAiffoXKorrx:
tre_cool_is_god:
Bloodraine:
tre_cool_is_god:
xAiffoXKorrx:

no i agree you cant

thankyou! Embarassed
a-dawg.
a-dawg.
February 13th, 2006 at 07:12pm
tre_cool_is_god:
xAiffoXKorrx:
tre_cool_is_god:
Bloodraine:
tre_cool_is_god:
xAiffoXKorrx:

no i agree you cant

thankyou! Embarassed
Very Happy
a-dawg.
a-dawg.
February 13th, 2006 at 07:13pm
Bloodraine:
tre_cool_is_god:
xAiffoXKorrx:

no i agree you cant

Well maybe I don't want to let go of my heritage.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
February 13th, 2006 at 07:14pm
xAiffoXKorrx:
Bloodraine:
tre_cool_is_god:
xAiffoXKorrx:

no i agree you cant

no and you shouldnt have to either,
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
February 14th, 2006 at 11:08am
xAiffoXKorrx:

What is there to hold on to?

Take the positives and look back with fondness. Take the mistakes and learn from them. Forget about the pain and the hatred, it isn't your time to feel burdened by it.

Life is about the here and the now, not about what has gone before. Live for today, not for yesterday or tomorrow.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
February 16th, 2006 at 12:30pm
you know i have just today come to the conclusion that free speach means nothing to many people. It is ok to have lets say a thread on somthing and then when you make anouther one that is locked. Yeah free speach only goes so far.

I hate "pat on the back" web pages.
fender
Geek
fender
February 16th, 2006 at 12:49pm
tre_cool_is_god:
you know i have just today come to the conclusion that free speach means nothing to many people. It is ok to have lets say a thread on somthing and then when you make anouther one that is locked. Yeah free speach only goes so far.

well said June, i know what you mean, sometimes it feels like its one rule for one and another for others!
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
February 16th, 2006 at 01:55pm
fender:
tre_cool_is_god:

well said June, i know what you mean, sometimes it feels like its one rule for one and another for others!

i'll just keep my head up hig!
killer_fongus
Geek
killer_fongus
February 17th, 2006 at 01:15pm
This is Killer_Tomato, borrowing my friends user. We're both from Denmark, and this talk is driving both of us crazy. (well me) I know that muslims are taking this very badly. Jyllandsposten KNEW that muslims all over the world would be mad at us. The question i asked myself was: Why the fuck did the guy post that picture when he knows how much their prophet, Muhamed, means to them. I knew it when i saw it that this was gonna cause prblems, because it would put the icing on the cake (uh. metaphors). I, though, didnt think it would cause THAT much shit. Countries cutting us off, so many people hating us.. They stomp, pee and burn our flag - which i can be ok with, we actually did the same with Americas flag once. But when we give back, by burning their koran (sp?) i know it is stupid to just give back. like little kids! 'you pushed me so now im kicking you! etc'
Everywhere they talk about it - EVERYWHERE. ALL the time. its tirering.
Sorry for the longness...
a-dawg.
a-dawg.
February 20th, 2006 at 02:43pm
killer_fongus:
This is Killer_Tomato, borrowing my friends user. We're both from Denmark, and this talk is driving both of us crazy. (well me) I know that muslims are taking this very badly. Jyllandsposten KNEW that muslims all over the world would be mad at us. The question i asked myself was: Why the fuck did the guy post that picture when he knows how much their prophet, Muhamed, means to them. I knew it when i saw it that this was gonna cause prblems, because it would put the icing on the cake (uh. metaphors). I, though, didnt think it would cause THAT much shit. Countries cutting us off, so many people hating us.. They stomp, pee and burn our flag - which i can be ok with, we actually did the same with Americas flag once. But when we give back, by burning their koran (sp?) i know it is stupid to just give back. like little kids! 'you pushed me so now im kicking you! etc'
Everywhere they talk about it - EVERYWHERE. ALL the time. its tirering.
Sorry for the longness...
You're right, hon. The president of Ireland (a woman I admire) said roughly the same thing. But the problem is, first they burn flags, then embassies. What next?
MarioGirl
Geek
MarioGirl
February 22nd, 2006 at 10:31am
Another problem is that terrorists are going around showing simular pictures themselves to get more anger and violents being created too
I am also Danish
I think freedom of speech should be allowed but not until the point as it starts harming people seriously.
I also think that the danish editer of the newspaper was wrobng to print the pics as the muslims feel affend by images of Mohammed, but they over reacted since the danish prime minister has sad sorry
Mikelvr
Mikelvr
February 22nd, 2006 at 08:32pm
I just think this is inhuman : wanting to kill the guy who made the drawing... Cause they want. It just prooves to everybody that the drawing was, somehow, 'true'... This is all just a big mess...
crimson_rose_91
Jackass
crimson_rose_91
March 10th, 2006 at 12:15pm
The cartoons shouldnt have been published because you should respect everyones beliefs, but at the same time I dont think that there should have been all the riots that there were aftewards. Some of the signs said kill all white people. I know that doesnt stand for all muslims but for the people who said that they are just as bad as those who published the cartoons. Things have been done like this against other religions and people might have complained but not kicked up a big fuss and might have just put it down to their ignorance.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
March 10th, 2006 at 12:23pm
Kill all the white people?

That's so ignorant it's untrue.

What about the white Muslims? Puts them in a pretty unnatainable position, doesn't it.
Register