Dress codes

AuthorMessage
Michake
Geek
Michake
July 17th, 2007 at 04:47pm
i think we should atleast be able to wear flip flops...
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
July 17th, 2007 at 05:17pm
Tears Don't Fall.:
i think we should atleast be able to wear flip flops...

i almost tripped a girl by stepping on the back of her flip flop [my foot caught it when her heel went up] it wasn't intential but she could of broken her nose on the cement we were walking on. PLus there were a bunch of people around who could of gotton somewhat hurt. Its a safety hazard.
Mike Dirnt.
King For A Couple Of Days
Mike Dirnt.

Mibba
July 27th, 2007 at 03:18am
You get used to the uniform, really and you're all wearing the same, which limits bullying.
If we all wore what we wanted, I think there'd be a lot of bullying and there'd be the people who would bitch about you if you wore the same thing twice, say.
My school is pretty strict on the uniform here but in a way, people still express themselves in other ways, so it's not like the uniform is just cloning you all into the same person, you still get to be who you want and there's still the chance to express yourself, through different ways.
trisha_goes_rawr
Geek
trisha_goes_rawr
July 27th, 2007 at 04:43am
i think dress codes are alright, as long as they aren't too strict.

i'm in a public school, and really, there's no problems with the dress code, most everyone follows it, and there's no problems.
The Spill Canvas
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
The Spill Canvas
July 30th, 2007 at 10:12am
Dress codes are fine with me but if you're going to make me wear a uniform, That's the flicking line.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
July 30th, 2007 at 10:45am
Yuri Harajuku:
Dress codes are fine with me but if you're going to make me wear a uniform, That's the flicking line.
Please tell me what's so horrible about a uniform.
lyrical_mess
Falling In Love With The Board
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
July 30th, 2007 at 04:33pm
Uniforms are fine by me, but as I've learned in the past one month, the problem occurs when teachers are going to be ridiculous about it.

I have been reprimanded god-knows-how-many times for not tucking in my shirt. I cuffed up my sleeves (they're short sleeves and come down to my elbow) and I got some more lectures for that. We are not allowed to keep our shirts unbuttoned past the second button. I can understand that, but they mark it down if they see you with your buttons unbuttoned.

To conclude, they expect us to walk around like puffy marshmallows with shirts tucked in and puffed out, with ridiculous belts with huge buckles, and keep our short sleeves long.

That is utterly silly.
Karla R.
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Karla R.
July 31st, 2007 at 03:12am
I don't have problems with uniforms
CallMeWhatsername
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
CallMeWhatsername
July 31st, 2007 at 07:24pm
i fucking hate my uniform... We have to wear blue polos and tan pants. Our shirts can onlyhave two or three buttons on them and no logos even if they are school logos. A black or brown belt must be on at all times. Shirt tucked in, shoes black or brown, no sneakers. Hair must be one color and can't be 'distracting'. Earrings can only be studs and can't be distracting same goes with any other jewlery we might be aloud to wear. At my school there is no room for expressing your self. The only way I can is with my supposedly offending shoelaces.

My shoelaces have pink stars and white skulls on them and they go with my black shoes. I have gotten detentions for my shoelaces.

Uniforms are bullshit...
schooldropout
Banned
schooldropout

Blog
July 31st, 2007 at 09:05pm
You don't see teachers wearing uniforms, they wear pretty shocking things too but the students must get treated like everyone else when the teachers are nothing but hypocritial bastards
cabot gal
GSBitch
cabot gal

Mibba
July 31st, 2007 at 09:51pm
Yuri Harajuku:
... Isn't a dress code basically a uniform anyway? Eh
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
July 31st, 2007 at 10:25pm
Boobmeister:
Yuri Harajuku:
... Isn't a dress code basically a uniform anyway? Eh

not exactly. dress codes can prevent kids from wearing potentially offensive stuff but a uniform restricts people to wearing particular items. Like a white shirt and black skirt, while a dress code will allow you to wear any shirt and bottom as long as if it doesn't have ,for example, a gun.
i know the gun thing was a little over the top but it was only an example.
Billie's Willie
Billie's Willie

Mibba Blog
July 31st, 2007 at 11:50pm
I'm okay with dress codes for the most part. Some of them help. You wouldn't want some girl dressing slutty while you're trying to learn..it's rather annoying. Every day, a friend of mine would wear low cut shirts. My guy friends were sick of it, so they started throwing stuff down her shirt until she stopped showing her boobage.

Just some things I find silly. Like at my high school they banned hoodies/sweatshirts. That one...I didn't get.
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
August 1st, 2007 at 04:00pm
Billie's Willie:
I'm okay with dress codes for the most part. Some of them help. You wouldn't want some girl dressing slutty while you're trying to learn..it's rather annoying. Every day, a friend of mine would wear low cut shirts. My guy friends were sick of it, so they started throwing stuff down her shirt until she stopped showing her boobage.

Just some things I find silly. Like at my high school they banned hoodies/sweatshirts. That one...I didn't get.

a lot of them do that.

probably gang related. thats why schools around here can't wear certain colors like red ...
stilinski
King For A Couple Of Days
stilinski

Blog
August 1st, 2007 at 05:00pm
lyrical_mess:
Uniforms are fine by me, but as I've learned in the past one month, the problem occurs when teachers are going to be ridiculous about it.

I have been reprimanded god-knows-how-many times for not tucking in my shirt. I cuffed up my sleeves (they're short sleeves and come down to my elbow) and I got some more lectures for that. We are not allowed to keep our shirts unbuttoned past the second button. I can understand that, but they mark it down if they see you with your buttons unbuttoned.

To conclude, they expect us to walk around like puffy marshmallows with shirts tucked in and puffed out, with ridiculous belts with huge buckles, and keep our short sleeves long.

That is utterly silly.

That reminds me a lot of my school. They are quite lenient on most things, but they are really annoying for the silliest things. Like, they'll let some girls wear their skirt the lenghth of a belt, yet they give detentions for rolling up your sleeves or having your shoes untied. That is absolutely ridiculous, to me. I mean, honestly! Choose your battles! Neutral

But other than that fact, I don't mind my uniform at all. It looks better than a lot of uniforms I've seen. [although I have a problem with the fact that we aren't allowed to wear our short sleeved shirts other than in September, May and June. There are often hot days in October and April, yet we have to wear a big woolen shirt. It's torture, really. haha. But that's technical. It's not because I find the shirt ugly. It's just REALLY hot. xD]
Billie's Willie
Billie's Willie

Mibba Blog
August 1st, 2007 at 11:29pm
ColleenStarship:
Billie's Willie:

a lot of them do that.

probably gang related. thats why schools around here can't wear certain colors like red ...

Oh yeah...the marching band gang is gonna getcha!

The banning bandanas was fine with me. Not the hoodies/sweatshirts.
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
August 2nd, 2007 at 02:49am
Billie's Willie:
ColleenStarship:
Billie's Willie:

a lot of them do that.

its for safety purposes.
Billie's Willie
Billie's Willie

Mibba Blog
August 2nd, 2007 at 02:52am
ColleenStarship:
Billie's Willie:
ColleenStarship:
Billie's Willie:

a lot of them do that.

its for safety purposes.

If my school gave a shit about the actual saftey of students, they would have kept the goddamn bomb out of there back in 2000. My brother could have seriously died.

Sweatshirts were the least of their problems.
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
August 2nd, 2007 at 03:53pm
Billie's Willie:

If my school gave a shit about the actual saftey of students, they would have kept the goddamn bomb out of there back in 2000. My brother could have seriously died.

did they know the bomb was there? most likely no.
they only do the best they can to keep us safe.
i think you can deal with going without a sweatshirt until you leave school.
Billie's Willie
Billie's Willie

Mibba Blog
August 2nd, 2007 at 07:49pm
ColleenStarship:
Billie's Willie:

did they know the bomb was there? most likely no.
they only do the best they can to keep us safe.
i think you can deal with going without a sweatshirt until you leave school.

They could have kept the bomb out if they enforced their own rules instead of making up new, useless ones.
And I'm already done with school.
Register