Dress codes

AuthorMessage
11th Street Kid
King For A Couple Of Days
11th Street Kid
April 12th, 2006 at 08:49am
Magne:
*Blue Star* - Scattered:
I think there should be just one item of clothing for uniform. Like.. a jumper with the school's logo or something. Sometimes, I think the school's just being slightly ridiculous... saying you can't dye your hair any unnatural/extreme colours. Why not?

-Because it doesn't look smart. So what? Why do we have to look smart for school? School's for learning.
-Because you might get teased. If someone decides to risk it... why not let them?

well when i went to see my kids achool about that, they said because it would a distraction. Evil or Very Mad

What the hell? That's a pathetic excuse..
Megan.
Falling In Love With The Board
Megan.
April 12th, 2006 at 09:21am
I think uniforms are very neccesary [sp]. Cause, people come to school in flashy expensive shit while the poor kids are stuck in crappy clothing, which gives the rich snobs an excuse to insult them.

The schools are just trying to prevent bullying.
Cupid Stunt
Geek
Cupid Stunt
April 12th, 2006 at 10:06am
I don't like uniforms. I like to wear what I want because it reflects my personality. Wearing a uniform makes me become one of the crowd which I'm not and it makes me feels so mediocre.
I like being different. I like being an individual.
Fuck uniforms!
suzie_k
Falling In Love With The Board
suzie_k
April 12th, 2006 at 10:37am
Megan.:
I think uniforms are very neccesary [sp]. Cause, people come to school in flashy expensive shit while the poor kids are stuck in crappy clothing, which gives the rich snobs an excuse to insult them.

Exactaly.
And you dont have to pick out what your gonna wear everyday either.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
April 12th, 2006 at 11:08am
I don't mind.

Yeah, so the jumpers are itchy and the ties are a bit of a crap colour, but who the hell cares?. I'm not going to do the pathetic 'rebel' thing and complain. Deal. Rolling Eyes
TragicCaseofMyReality
TragicCaseofMyReality
April 12th, 2006 at 02:09pm
Megan.:

Just because kids have to wear uniforms is not going to stop "bullying" the rich snobby kids are going to be rich and snobby with a uniform or without one. If they really want to prevent bullying then everyone should be home schooled. If they don't deal with rich, snobby people in school, how are they going to deal with the snobby rich people at work, or in life for that matter?
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
April 12th, 2006 at 02:15pm
PatronSaintofDenial:
Just because kids have to wear uniforms is not going to stop "bullying" the rich snobby kids are going to be rich and snobby with a uniform or without one.

It prevents bullying in many cases.

You aren't going to be picked on for wearing cheap, poor quality or unfashionable clothes if everyone is wearing the same thing now, are ye?.
TragicCaseofMyReality
TragicCaseofMyReality
April 12th, 2006 at 02:28pm
that may be but that also doesn't mean that just because you have all the "fashionable" "good quality" clothing that you aren't going to "picked on" sure it'll help but kids are more cruel than that-they go deeper than clothing they pick on your weaknesses. For example if you are really self concious about yourr braces or your height, weight-than they attack that. I'm not saying that they won't attack you for clothing but if you don't care or act self concious about it then they will stop-because they don't get a rise out of you.
paper shoes
This Board Is My Home
paper shoes
April 12th, 2006 at 02:35pm
We don't have uniforms here, you can wear what the fuckever you want. There's a rule about short skirts and not showing shoulders or belly button but no one cares about it.
Incubus
Jackass
Incubus
April 12th, 2006 at 03:06pm
I hate my school jumper, its this wool thing that looks like its going to be warm but it isn't and it rain here alot and stupid thing soaks up all the water -_-;
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
April 12th, 2006 at 03:08pm
*Blue Star* - Scattered:
Magne:
*Blue Star* - Scattered:
I think there should be just one item of clothing for uniform. Like.. a jumper with the school's logo or something. Sometimes, I think the school's just being slightly ridiculous... saying you can't dye your hair any unnatural/extreme colours. Why not?

-Because it doesn't look smart. So what? Why do we have to look smart for school? School's for learning.
-Because you might get teased. If someone decides to risk it... why not let them?

well when i went to see my kids achool about that, they said because it would a distraction. Evil or Very Mad

yeah it shouldnt matter what colour your hair is, it wouldnt stop you learning
Incubus
Jackass
Incubus
April 12th, 2006 at 03:11pm
Magne:
*Blue Star* - Scattered:
Magne:
*Blue Star* - Scattered:

Its probably got nothing to do with learning at all, more likely they don't want people to think they have "those sort of kids" in their lovely school
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
April 12th, 2006 at 03:13pm
Incubus:
Magne:
*Blue Star* - Scattered:
Magne:
*Blue Star* - Scattered:

Its probably got nothing to do with learning at all, more likely they don't want people to think they have "those sort of kids" in their lovely school

what does it matter kids will always die they're hair, as long has they are learniing it shoudnt matter to anyone, and i woulod rather have kids with blue hair in school than mindless zombies.
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
April 12th, 2006 at 03:14pm
i think that schools shouldn't have uniforms but should have a dress code abouthte length of skirts and low cut tops , but hte color of someone hair that ridiculous
Incubus
Jackass
Incubus
April 12th, 2006 at 03:19pm
Magne:
Incubus:

what does it matter kids will always die they're hair, as long has they are learniing it shoudnt matter to anyone, and i woulod rather have kids with blue hair in school than mindless zombies.

I agree with you.
But people think kids with dyed hair are probably trouble makers or "big rebels" and they don't want them associated with their school in case they get a bad reputation and no one wants to send their kids there. Our principal is always on about how we have to be "Ambassadors for the school" Rolling Eyes its such nonesense. The exam results should speak for how good a school it is, not the uniform.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
April 12th, 2006 at 03:22pm
Incubus:
Magne:
Incubus:

I agree with you.
But people think kids with dyed hair are probably trouble makers or "big rebels" and they don't want them associated with their school in case they get a bad reputation and no one wants to send their kids there. Our principal is always on about how we have to be "Ambassadors for the school" Rolling Eyes its such nonesense. The exam results should speak for how good a school it is, not the uniform.

you can be an anbassador (SP) for the school with pink hair, it just means that your being yourself.
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
April 12th, 2006 at 03:28pm
Magne:
Incubus:
Magne:
Incubus:

I agree with you.

you can be an anbassador (SP) for the school with pink hair, it just means that your being yourself.

exactly
kfk8e
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
kfk8e
April 12th, 2006 at 06:50pm
I don't really mind if my school has a uniform (which it does), but I'm not gonna go out of my way to make sure my shirt is tucked in and my shoe heels are less than 2 inches high.

Your personality should speak for you, not your clothes anyway. I dye my hair only in school holidays cause I don't wanna deal with all the shit from the teachers (my school tends to overreact about stuff), and having blue hair (and pissing off the teachers in that way) isn't gonna make such a scene as other stuff you can do...
ROSHAMBO
Geek
ROSHAMBO
April 13th, 2006 at 12:20am
We have a strict uniform code. I like the idea of uniform because you don't have to figure out what to wear every morning and you can't judge others at how they are dressed; everyone is equal. Also, it shows that you belong to the school but who cares about that. I just hate how we get detentions for wearing the wrong coloured ankle socks for Phys Ed.
waiting_a_long_time
Idiot
waiting_a_long_time
April 13th, 2006 at 07:38am
At my school the uniform standards are more like military school, the boys hair has to be a certain length the girls cant dye it (but i still have my black streaks) we cant wear anything around a wrists not even an elastic band, no jewellry at all, and the boys uniform is the same ALL year, they have thick woolen pants and long sleeve shirts even in the summer, its ridiculous, obviously, the uniform is there to stop bullying and what not and make everyone equal but the uniform is so DAMN EXPENSIVE and we pay something close to 3-400 dollars for the whole thing not including PE and now they are bringing in hats which cost around 60 dollars. your not allowed to do anything to your appearance that would attract "undue attention"
i could rave on about this fpr hours but i wont. our school trys to squash individuality rather than bullying
Register