Dress codes

AuthorMessage
The Doctor
Falling In Love With The Board
The Doctor

Mibba Blog
July 15th, 2006 at 05:00pm
My school has uniform rules but they are vague as hell. You can wear a skirt as short as you like as long as it's black. O_o.
Megan.
Megan.
July 15th, 2006 at 07:48pm
I usually don't mind uniforms. But my last public school, they wouldn't let you enter the school unless your shirt was tucked in. And the girls couldn't wear shorts or skirts, they had to wear dark navy blue pants, and do you know how hot they get in California? Your shirt HAD to be white, and your pants/shorts HAD to be navy blue. You couldn't wear any hat, and your shoes had to be dark blue or white. It was ridiculous. If your shoes were a different color, they'd send you home to change them. =/
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
July 16th, 2006 at 01:17am
Megan.:
I usually don't mind uniforms. But my last public school, they wouldn't let you enter the school unless your shirt was tucked in. And the girls couldn't wear shorts or skirts, they had to wear dark navy blue pants, and do you know how hot they get in California? Your shirt HAD to be white, and your pants/shorts HAD to be navy blue. You couldn't wear any hat, and your shoes had to be dark blue or white. It was ridiculous. If your shoes were a different color, they'd send you home to change them. =/

if you HAD to wear navy pants and a white shirt .... isn't that a uniform ???
Brendon Urie..
King For A Couple Of Days
Brendon Urie..

Mibba
July 16th, 2006 at 01:52am
A year or so ago there was a thing in California where a principal said the girls couldn't wear thongs to a dance, so she took all the girls aside before they went in and checked. Except for the larger girls because she said they don't wear thongs.
my_friends_call_me_billie
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
my_friends_call_me_billie

Mibba
July 16th, 2006 at 04:11am
i dont like the idea of uniforms, but you shouldnt be allowed to wear just anything.
we have dress codes at our school, but sometimes the teachers or principles go overboard on one aspect thats completly pointless.
like at our school, we're not supposed to wear dickies because they're "gang related" but all these preppy little bleepity bleeps (my july goal is to cut back on swearing... lol) are wearing two-inch long skirts and nothing is done about it? wtf?
in my opinion, dress codes dont work.

-billie
Brendon Urie..
Brendon Urie..

Mibba
July 16th, 2006 at 01:18pm
Kids in our school weren't allowed to have chain wallets. >.<

But, of course, anyone with the right last name could wear whatever the fuck they wanted.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
July 16th, 2006 at 01:25pm
druscilla_armstrong:
Kids in our school weren't allowed to have chain wallets. >.<

But, of course, anyone with the right last name could wear whatever the fuck they wanted.

i found that with my kids school.
steady riot.
steady riot.
July 16th, 2006 at 03:18pm
I think we should be able to wear what ever you want, as long as it's appropriate. Like, for girls, it's obviously not appropriate to have major cleavage showing.

Read your rights on "the dress codes" on Military Free Zone. [For Americans only...]
on here Read your rights, and fight back
davey jones.
davey jones.

Mibba Blog
July 16th, 2006 at 03:27pm
My teacher told me I wasn't old enough to have and/or form an opinion about dress code. I tried the free speech move on them, but they told me I wasn't granted that right. Think
Comic tragedy
Idiot
Comic tragedy
July 17th, 2006 at 05:08pm
People should wear whatever they want, because to me, uniqueness is a must. It makes me sick thinking that everyone looks almost alike. Sickening. In our school, we don't have to wear uniforms, but we can't wear like tube tops and skirts that are so short your ass hangs out. I think a dress code should go like this:

You can wear whatever you want, as long as it's not too revealing and doesn't show parts that people don't need to see.

Done!
Comic tragedy
Idiot
Comic tragedy
July 17th, 2006 at 05:11pm
Handguns For Hearts:
My teacher told me I wasn't old enough to have and/or form an opinion about dress code. I tried the free speech move on them, but they told me I wasn't granted that right. Think

Well how dare that teacher tell you that! How can't you be old enough to have an opinion about dress code? I would have set them on fire.
~ Christie ~
Idiot
~ Christie ~
July 19th, 2006 at 07:31am
Fortunetly in our school we don't have any rules or codes of what we need/can wear. If you are wearing a way to short skirt or something, a teacher will say to you you better come more normal the next day, that's all. Or not even that. But normally no one cares...Everyone'll just look you strange.
I like uniforms sometimes. I'm playing in an orchestra and we have uniforms. I don't like them that much, but I can't do nothing. That's how it is now, and that's how it was in the past 100 years. It makes you part of something.
But I like to be free. So I wear lots of ear ring and neckacles (sp? ) and other things. No one will never make me put them off.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
July 19th, 2006 at 07:46am
i have to admit thinking about it i do like the ideaq of uniform but however they shouldnt be so strick about it and force it at people, and uniforms should be comfortable and light. i dont like to see girls wearing skirts up to they're arm pits going to school, that should be stopped.
anti-christ of suburbia
Idiot
anti-christ of suburbia

Mibba
July 26th, 2006 at 03:25pm
Handguns For Hearts:

my teachers were like that. they told us 'you have a right to an opinion, and you have a right to complain and express your opinion about stuff' then when they tried to ban skirts at my old school, some girls drew up a petition, and were given detention and told they had no right to argue. and one of the teachers signed it and nearly lost her fucking JOB!
anti-christ of suburbia
Idiot
anti-christ of suburbia

Mibba
July 26th, 2006 at 03:26pm
Handguns For Hearts:

my teachers were like that. they told us 'you have a right to an opinion, and you have a right to complain and express your opinion about stuff' then when they tried to ban skirts at my old school, some girls drew up a petition, and were given detention and told they had no right to argue. and one of the teachers signed it and nearly lost her fucking JOB!
I love cheese
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
I love cheese
July 26th, 2006 at 03:31pm
anti-christ of suburbia:
Handguns For Hearts:

That is my school. In the end they didnt ban the skirts, but only because the parents complained and it got on the news so it was to big.
btw, im anti-christ of suburbia's sister. i've left that school forever!
for anyone that lives in dorset, england, it was Broadstone Middle School. just incase you saw it on the news.
k-contentbarrier-
Addict
k-contentbarrier-
July 28th, 2006 at 01:28am
my school adopted a dress code. and i heard they're expanding it to affect the Emo style too.
razzledgirl
Jackass
razzledgirl

Mibba
July 28th, 2006 at 04:37am
they suck and we all know that, but in a way you have to admit they are (sometimes) doing it for a good reason, maybe they are doing it so there isn't as much teasing for people who can't afford designer clothes, but they don't know it dosn't just exist at school. Other than that they may be trying to make a good name for themselves showing that there students are smart and don't full around, always for few thats not the case.
Simone
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Simone
October 20th, 2006 at 11:34pm
uniforms do have there benefits, but i don't think it has any effect on the education of the students overall. i had no uniform from prep to 7, uniform from yr7-10 and no uniform in yr11 and 12.

most uniforms i see look quite uncomfortable for the students to wear.

i think it would be better if casual wear was the exceptable dress code as far as i can see if a student is comfortable than they are more likely to enjot being at school and therefore get a better education.

some say that by not having a uniform, there are too many stereotypical groups and labelling occuring based on the way that people dress, well that is still going to happen if they all dress the same they can't supress the persons real self through a uniform.
Jesus_of_surburbia_74
Jesus_of_surburbia_74

Blog
October 25th, 2006 at 12:09pm
I think school uniforms are a good idea, as people can tell what school you go to, and students [they might not anyway] but they might not feel so pressured to be wearing new clothes every day/week whatnot, like at my school year 11 [what i'm at now] wear different to the rest of the school, it is still a uniform, and still looks smart, despite this i wouldn't mind wearing my own clothes, but if i did i myself would possibly feel pressure to not wear the same thing all the time
Register