Dress codes

AuthorMessage
Siobhan
Geek
Siobhan
April 29th, 2006 at 12:55am
LovesBillieJoe:
i dont go to a school that has uniforms, but my mom drives bus for one that does. she says that 1 friday a month they have "dress down" days [days when they can wear their own clothes] and people porposly go out and but an entire new outfit for it....i think its a little ridiculous, i mean just because you wear uniforms to school doesnt mean that you dont own any regular clothes!!!!!

Yeah, but it is mainly because they only have one day a month in which they can show off their new style. For schools who have no uniforms, it isnt as much a problem, cuz there is always tomorrow.
Minority_Under_Dog
Falling In Love With The Board
Minority_Under_Dog

Blog
April 29th, 2006 at 12:26pm
LovesBillieJoe:
i dont go to a school that has uniforms, but my mom drives bus for one that does. she says that 1 friday a month they have "dress down" days [days when they can wear their own clothes] and people porposly go out and but an entire new outfit for it....i think its a little ridiculous, i mean just because you wear uniforms to school doesnt mean that you dont own any regular clothes!!!!!

we have a dress code and we have "dress down days" about twice a year. and people go CRAZY!! I mean i wear normal clothes that I wold wear but some feel they have to go to buy the fanciest best thing they can find.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
April 29th, 2006 at 12:42pm
I can understand that ^
Minority_Under_Dog
Minority_Under_Dog

Blog
April 29th, 2006 at 12:52pm
^yeah but still, it's unessisary. my dress code currently is pretty fiar and you can wear clothes without logos any time of the year. so basically they want to try to see who's clothes are from the "more costly" place. I hate that. I buy my clothes from the cheapo stores, and in my opnion there much better than theirs.
dirtyhippie
Geek
dirtyhippie
April 29th, 2006 at 03:49pm
Our school has a dress code, but two things stand in its way:

1. Nobody gives a rodent's donkey.
2. The guy teachers aren't exactly complaining when the girls wear their belly shirts.
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
April 29th, 2006 at 05:46pm
has long has your at school and your learning and has long has the skirts are not up to they're armpits and the shirts arnt up over they're tits, and has long has the boys dont wear shell suits (which lets be fair is just wrong anyway) it shouldnt matter what you wear, teachers and they're rules should just concentrate on getting kids learning.
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
April 29th, 2006 at 08:13pm
Magne:
has long has your at school and your learning and has long has the skirts are not up to they're armpits and the shirts arnt up over they're tits, and has long has the boys dont wear shell suits (which lets be fair is just wrong anyway) it shouldnt matter what you wear, teachers and they're rules should just concentrate on getting kids learning.

As, not has.

Yeah, I can understand that, but I still think that dress codes are better for schools because some kids get bullied very badly. I don't think that they should get mad if some kids don't have their shirt tucked in, or something like that, though.

Sometimes I think that my school focuses too much on uniform than on a person getting bullied, or anything that is serious. Its just really stupid and frustrating.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
April 30th, 2006 at 08:05am
Coff:
Magne:

As, not has.

Yeah, I can understand that, but I still think that dress codes are better for schools because some kids get bullied very badly. I don't think that they should get mad if some kids don't have their shirt tucked in, or something like that, though.

Sometimes I think that my school focuses too much on uniform than on a person getting bullied, or anything that is serious. Its just really stupid and frustrating.

yeah you got that idea right, but has long has schools are sensible there shouldnt be bullieing anyway.
heywhatnow
heywhatnow

Blog
April 30th, 2006 at 05:51pm
I don't think everyone should have to wear uniforms, but they shouldn't be allowed to just wear whatever they want. There should be some kind of guideline at least.
'Cause then someone'll end up coming to school wrapped in aluminum foil.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
April 30th, 2006 at 05:59pm
Cash Cow.:
I don't think everyone should have to wear uniforms, but they shouldn't be allowed to just wear whatever they want. There should be some kind of guideline at least.
'Cause then someone'll end up coming to school wrapped in aluminum foil.

lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao
robotchicken.
robotchicken.

Mibba
May 2nd, 2006 at 08:16pm
Coff:
Magne:

As, not has.

What the fuck is with the "Oh kids will get bullied over their clothes boo hoo ;_; -whinewhine- At my school getting bullied for your clothes NEVER[underlineunderlineunderlineboldbold]comes up I mean NEVER. I know this girl gets bullied EVERYDAY. When I say EVERYDAY [its practically an understatement] She gets bruises and gets beat and pushed and chased and laughed at and made fun of. Why? Cause she doesnt do.....anything. Her hair is just in knots all the time and she talks weird. Not about her clothes just....who she is. REALLY.
robotchicken.
robotchicken.

Mibba
May 2nd, 2006 at 08:18pm
Uniforms are shit.
They dont help ANYTHING.
Kids still do drugs and get pregnant.
It practiclly has no influence, just makes kids uncomfortable. Distracts them, honestly.
Makes them bitch and whine to.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 2nd, 2006 at 10:02pm
Sheepo@_@:
Uniforms are shit.
They dont help ANYTHING.
Kids still do drugs and get pregnant.
It practiclly has no influence, just makes kids uncomfortable. Distracts them, honestly.
Makes them bitch and whine to.

EXACTLY, thats what half this thread is. Shocked
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
May 3rd, 2006 at 12:01am
Sheepo@_@:
Coff:
Magne:

As, not has.

What the fuck is with the "Oh kids will get bullied over their clothes boo hoo ;_; -whinewhine- At my school getting bullied for your clothes NEVER[underlineunderlineunderlineboldbold]comes up I mean NEVER. I know this girl gets bullied EVERYDAY. When I say EVERYDAY [its practically an understatement] She gets bruises and gets beat and pushed and chased and laughed at and made fun of. Why? Cause she doesnt do.....anything. Her hair is just in knots all the time and she talks weird. Not about her clothes just....who she is. REALLY.

No, it happens. It happens to me all the fucking time, because of what I wear. They tell me shit like I don't deserve to live, that I'm not allowed to go places because of what I wear, shit like that. I know people get bullied because of other things too. I never said that they didn't. I just said that with a dress code it stops that type or cause. Or, well, mostly, anyways. And just because it doesn't happen at your school doesn't mean that it doesn't happen at other schools.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
May 3rd, 2006 at 07:07am
ZOMG Next Week!:
Sheepo@_@:
Coff:
Magne:

As, not has.

No, it happens. It happens to me all the fucking time, because of what I wear. They tell me shit like I don't deserve to live, that I'm not allowed to go places because of what I wear, shit like that. I know people get bullied because of other things too. I never said that they didn't. I just said that with a dress code it stops that type or cause. Or, well, mostly, anyways. And just because it doesn't happen at your school doesn't mean that it doesn't happen at other schools.

i agree bullieing does happen but the schools should concentrate on getting it stamped out before being all anal over uniform.
Matty.
Matty.
May 4th, 2006 at 09:05am
my school has the strictest dress code in the state! I thinks it's ok because we all wear the same and people don't compete to wear all the "coolest" brand names and wory about having a new set of clothes every week =p
Addison Montgomery.
Addison Montgomery.

Mibba Blog
May 4th, 2006 at 09:50am
[quote="Ella"]
Everybody's Fool.:
Uniforms are stupid. The stop someone form being an individual.

Individuality can be expressed in so many other ways, not just clothing.[/quote At my school we have uniforms and they suck cock in hell because we have to wear a blazer and grey/gray trousers until year 9/9th grade.

By The Way, i spelt it english and american english Razz Wink Wink
blood
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
blood
May 4th, 2006 at 12:37pm
Some people have said stuff about having non uniform days every now and then. My school does that (like, twice a year Rolling Eyes ) but even then, they dont dress up all slutty or go out to buy new clothes specially. (this is just my school, I know others are different)

No one has any individuality in my school. The teachers couldn't care less if someone is being bullied because the person being bullied hasnt got their top button done up or something stupid like that.
robotchicken.
robotchicken.

Mibba
May 4th, 2006 at 10:19pm
9 days:
Sheepo@_@:
Coff:
Magne:

As, not has.

-ahem- I said, "At my school we never get bullied for our clothes" MY being the keyword. I just dont like dress codes cause it really doesnt get rid of that stuff, so they dont have solid ideas for keeping dress code [like we dont for getting rid of it]. You said you get bullied everyday cause of what you wear, Im not saying that I want you to be bullied but if you had been in a school that had uniforms [like i am] You'd wanna fight for the freedom of wearing what you want. Showing you individuality through clothes not just bracelets and shoes. They try and prevent gang violence. And it helped gang violence has gone done about 36% since last year. But it does not stop kids from getting bullied, it doesnt help prevent drug use [statistics also said it had no effect on kids using drugs], kids still get in fights, kids still have emotional problems [cutting being the main one] Do you support the school being hypocritical by saying "Our nation has freedom, but Im going to tell you what to wear." Dont say it would be cheaper. Because I know kids who own more school uniforms than they do regular clothes cause they cant afford the outside clothes.
Brendon Urie..
Brendon Urie..

Mibba
May 6th, 2006 at 09:41am
If there is a dress code, and in my opinion there should be one that is rather slack. When our principal came it at the end of the year like she usually does to discuss changes we could possibly put in the school handbook, I brought up the dress code.

Apparently the boys in my school said that girls in spaghetti-strapped tops showed too much chest and that distracted them from their lessons. Whatever happened to keep your eyes on the board and not on my rack?

I think that extreme midriffs and microminis should stay at home. if you put your hands up like you would at gun point and your stomach shows, big fucking deal. Who walks around like that anyway? If someone actually showed up with a gun to school maybe and who is going to be worrying about your midriff baring then?

In my school the dress code was only enforced on those who didn't have the right last name or the right parents. That is so fucking wrong.
Register