Dress codes

AuthorMessage
Incubus
Jackass
Incubus
April 21st, 2006 at 06:42pm
Warning_iNSOMNIACiDIOT:
i think that there`s a difference between uniforms and dress codes. uniforms suck and make you look the same, therefore, no individuality (trust, me i have to wear one). but dress codes are better. you don`t wear uniforms, you can wear whatever you want , with a few rules. like whatever bottoms, skirts, khakis, but no jeans. that`s dress code.

Dress codes differ, i.e. my school's dress code is that you have to wear a navy jumper with the school crest, grey trousers or a knee lenght skirt and so on and so fort. My school has a strict dress code, some other dress codes are fairly relaxed like that "whatever bottoms, skirts, khakis, but no jeans" thing you were on about.
Baguelle
King For A Couple Of Days
Baguelle
April 21st, 2006 at 08:40pm
Geez, today I got yelled at by ONE teacher about having a mohawk. (just got it done a day ago) I saw a bazillion teachers and they all saw me, but only ONE told me to fix it. Makes me wonder if that is even in the fucking handbook. We just can't have any individuality at my school, can we? Is it that fucking hard to at least let them have a chance to look decent? Our uniforms are shit, and they say we look great. It makes me sick.
blood
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
blood
April 22nd, 2006 at 03:44am
^ yeah, I agree with that.
"come on class..do up your ties, your top button and tuck in your shirt or you will be late for lunch. And cala, what is that on your head? a wig? Fix it. And ruth, go and wash off all that ugly makeup."
I'm sure you get the piture.
Meski
Addict
Meski

Blog
April 22nd, 2006 at 10:07am
uniforms make schools look dull i wear my own clothes and like it
Buddy Christ
Falling In Love With The Board
Buddy Christ

Blog
April 24th, 2006 at 09:20pm
With school uniforms no one gets picked on.BUT wearing your own stuff makes you an induviual
Baguelle
Baguelle
April 24th, 2006 at 11:03pm
dookie_#32:
With school uniforms no one gets picked on.BUT wearing your own stuff makes you an induviual
I occasionally get picked on, nothing too bad though. It's usually stuff like having my shirt is tucked in LIKE IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE.

I'd much rather be free though, and be able to wear non uniform clothing. I feel like a prisoner in my uniform, but that's just my way of thinking.
Baguelle
Baguelle
April 24th, 2006 at 11:05pm
blood:
^ yeah, I agree with that.
"come on class..do up your ties, your top button and tuck in your shirt or you will be late for lunch. And cala, what is that on your head? a wig? Fix it. And ruth, go and wash off all that ugly makeup."
I'm sure you get the piture.

I do, actually. It's no big deel, but I came to school with a mohawk the other day and I got yelled at, then told to put it down in the bathroom.

The funny thing is that only one teacher told me to do it, and it's not in the rule book. Then again, this guy works in the military so I guess he's used to everyone being exactly the same, physically.
davey jones.
davey jones.

Mibba Blog
April 25th, 2006 at 04:14pm
Today they forced me to change because I was wearing a tank top and ripped jeans. It's not fair because they told me the splits in my knees were showing too much skin, but people were walking around in shorts. Confused

I see SO many people out of dress code, but nobody says anything because they're the 'cool' people.

I wrote a letter to the principle about the teachers and dress code and other stuff, but I'm not sure this is the right place to post it...
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
April 25th, 2006 at 05:01pm
POSTPOSTPOST! xD
davey jones.
davey jones.

Mibba Blog
April 25th, 2006 at 05:17pm
A Clockwork Orange:
POSTPOSTPOST! xD

You sure? Confused
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
April 25th, 2006 at 05:20pm
Yeah, otherwise I wouldn't have said it..unless you don't want to of course
davey jones.
davey jones.

Mibba Blog
April 25th, 2006 at 05:23pm
Dear Mrs.Kay,

I'm writing this letter because I REFUSE to be controlled by these hideous primates you call 'teachers'. I
think the majority of the staff are a bunch of hypocritical, ignorant, narrowminded fools. I'm not writing this
because I'm and 'angry kid'. I'm writing this be because I REFUSE to let my future be destroyed by some
irrational, unreasonable, judgemental APES. I'm angry because I'm not given the chance to be myself,
because I'm automatically worthless because of the way I dress, because I'm not allowed to live my life the
way I want to. I'm not going to change because a few teachers dont' like the way I look. I represent myself,
no one else. Not the school. Just me. In these halls, I'm encouraged to express myself, so why can't I they
way I want to? I mean, I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way
I want to. Or do you not think a teenager has the intelligence or responsibility to decide their own future? I
know EXACTLY what I want to do...

I'm sick of taking ridiculous orders from people with a total lack of common sense. If I'm told to sit in the
front, naturally, I ask why. "Because I want you to." is the usual reaction So if the President told you to lick
an ice cube because 'he wants you to', would you? I sure wouldn't...More often than not, the servant is wiser
than the master.

XOXOX

Me.

*** People should have the right to free speech, no matter their age. And I am SHOUTING my opinion
because I am not afraid of the consequences.

---

Word for word.

I think I got my message across.

Oh yeah, I let my computer teacher (he's awesome) read it and he agrees with me. He was a hippy and a bouncer. Cool We agree on alot of political stuff, actually...
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
April 25th, 2006 at 05:40pm
That is totally amazing!
What did she say about it?
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
April 25th, 2006 at 05:49pm
Handguns For Hearts:
Dear Mrs.Kay,

I'm writing this letter because I REFUSE to be controlled by these hideous primates you call 'teachers'. I
think the majority of the staff are a bunch of hypocritical, ignorant, narrowminded fools. I'm not writing this
because I'm and 'angry kid'. I'm writing this be because I REFUSE to let my future be destroyed by some
irrational, unreasonable, judgemental APES. I'm angry because I'm not given the chance to be myself,
because I'm automatically worthless because of the way I dress, because I'm not allowed to live my life the
way I want to. I'm not going to change because a few teachers dont' like the way I look. I represent myself,
no one else. Not the school. Just me. In these halls, I'm encouraged to express myself, so why can't I they
way I want to? I mean, I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way
I want to. Or do you not think a teenager has the intelligence or responsibility to decide their own future? I

I'm sick of taking ridiculous orders from people with a total lack of common sense. If I'm told to sit in the
front, naturally, I ask why. "Because I want you to." is the usual reaction So if the President told you to lick
an ice cube because 'he wants you to', would you? I sure wouldn't...More often than not, the servant is wiser
than the master.

XOXOX

Me.

*** People should have the right to free speech, no matter their age. And I am SHOUTING my opinion

---

Word for word.

Oh yeah, I let my computer teacher (he's awesome) read it and he agrees with me. He was a hippy and a bouncer. Cool We agree on alot of political stuff, actually...

that is somthing that NO teacher should say has an answer, you should always give reasons as to why and why not.
davey jones.
davey jones.

Mibba Blog
April 25th, 2006 at 05:51pm
A Clockwork Orange:
That is totally amazing!
What did she say about it?

Nothing.
davey jones.
davey jones.

Mibba Blog
April 25th, 2006 at 05:55pm
I did have another version (this is a revision) that said 'I don't think you are doing anything wrong, just the cousin dating, banjo picking, barefoot hicks you hire.' But I decided that was carrying the insults a little too far...
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
April 26th, 2006 at 06:21am
Handguns For Hearts:
Dear Mrs.Kay,

than the master.

XOXOX

Me.

---

Word for word.

You'll never get anywhere by using that agressive style...trust me, i've written a lot of these letters and going at it like that won't prompt a response.

You know what i'm going to say, right?. I'm just going to tell you to suck it up and deal with it. Can't be that hard, I think you're taking this a little too to heart.
davey jones.
davey jones.

Mibba Blog
April 26th, 2006 at 02:28pm
Bloodraine:
Handguns For Hearts:
Dear Mrs.Kay,

than the master.

XOXOX

Me.

---

Word for word.

You'll never get anywhere by using that agressive style...trust me, i've written a lot of these letters and going at it like that won't prompt a response.

You know what i'm going to say, right?. I'm just going to tell you to suck it up and deal with it. Can't be that hard, I think you're taking this a little too to heart.

I was agressive because no matter how many times I tried to talk about what I think, they ignore me and shut me down. I was nice about it. I just wrote this because I was sick of being ignored. I hope I got noticed.

I might rewrite it...on a more...level headed approach, if you know what I mean. My computer teachers said to add more reasons why I wrote it. I don't think I put as many as I should've...
I love CHURTLES!!
Geek
I love CHURTLES!!
April 27th, 2006 at 06:37pm
I have to wear a dress code and if we are out of dress code (navy blue polo, kaki pants w/ no rivets cargo pockets or outside pockets, official aquin sweatshirt, white or black socks, black or brow dress shoes, brown or black belt) we get a detention or sent home
SARAnade
SARAnade
April 28th, 2006 at 03:49pm
i dont go to a school that has uniforms, but my mom drives bus for one that does. she says that 1 friday a month they have "dress down" days [days when they can wear their own clothes] and people porposly go out and but an entire new outfit for it....i think its a little ridiculous, i mean just because you wear uniforms to school doesnt mean that you dont own any regular clothes!!!!!
Register