Dress codes

AuthorMessage
Lissie!
Falling In Love With The Board
Lissie!

Blog
July 3rd, 2006 at 05:43pm
I would hate wearing uniform. I love the way we have it in our schools, we wear whatever we want to...
Billie Joe's Sweetie
Billie Joe's Sweetie
July 3rd, 2006 at 08:27pm
dress codes are alright if they are not too strict. As long as people don't come to school in like their underwear, I'm fine though! lol!
Tyler
King For A Couple Of Days
Tyler
July 3rd, 2006 at 11:02pm
I can accept wearing a uniform. However, my school has rules which sate that you mus have a "natural" hair color and you can't have an "weird peircings".

Now, there's no reason for that whatsoever. I can accept a school having a dress code/uniform. But regulating things like a student hair color and piercings (to me) is WAY to strict. Its also something (IMO) that your school should have no say in. Its your body, not theirs.
VF Lover!
VF Lover!
July 4th, 2006 at 08:29am
Tyler:
I can accept wearing a uniform. However, my school has rules which sate that you mus have a "natural" hair color and you can't have an "weird peircings".

Now, there's no reason for that whatsoever. I can accept a school having a dress code/uniform. But regulating things like a student hair color and piercings (to me) is WAY to strict. Its also something (IMO) that your school should have no say in. Its your body, not theirs.

There are also schools that make you cut your hair if it's too long.
*THE_TEENIES_ATTACK!*
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
*THE_TEENIES_ATTACK!*
July 4th, 2006 at 11:50am
my school has uniforms and there really strict about it
MarioGirl
Geek
MarioGirl
July 5th, 2006 at 05:48pm
I kinda like uniforms at school because it brings everyone to the same level and its your personality that has to show what sort of a person you are not what you wear.
Although I do think that my school does go a little to far as i got detention and lines for wearing the wrong socks (black and white strips) if i get spotted again I gonna get a letter home.
OMG!muffinsxx
Geek
OMG!muffinsxx
July 5th, 2006 at 07:51pm
i wear a uniform to school, and i have to say its not that bad... u dont get picked on for what ur wearing cuz everyones wearing the same thing and its easier than picking out a different outfit every morning.
PsychoLorny
Geek
PsychoLorny
July 7th, 2006 at 06:19pm
My school uniform is pretty cool (red polo shirt, blue sweater and trousers/skirt) and my friends say its crappy. But my primary school was HELL for uniform. Vertical blue and white pinstripes, blue and red striped tie and blue trousers... uuugghhh...
I would love to have non-uniform week or something, not all the time though Razz

x
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
July 7th, 2006 at 06:23pm
well i actually think uniforms are a good idea
they do help with bullying , i wear band shirts all the time there fore i get rude remarks from kids who don't like the bands .... if we all had to wear the same shirt most of that would be prevented
*~*Hula*~*
*~*Hula*~*
July 7th, 2006 at 07:18pm
my opinion is wear what you want, do what you want, live how you want. And people can keep out of your life if they don't like it.
X..3mzapoo..X
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
X..3mzapoo..X
July 8th, 2006 at 09:10am
what the hell is wrong with being yourself? if someone tries to tease you about it, fuck them!
SodasGirl
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
SodasGirl
July 8th, 2006 at 10:21am
As far as I'm concerned, uniforms are pointless. Kids are ruthless, clothes are just one thing we make fun of eachother for. What's stopping a girl in a uniform from making fun of how another girl in the same outfit looks fat? Schools should let people express themselves freely.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
July 8th, 2006 at 12:39pm
SodasGirl:
Schools should let people express themselves freely.

And then let the poor kids get beaten up 'cause they don't have enough money for expensive clothing.
Riiiight.

We express ourselves though so many different ways, clothing is just a small one. Aesthetic shouldn't have that much importance, its not healthy.
madelyntastic{b.m.s}©
Geek
madelyntastic{b.m.s}©
July 11th, 2006 at 04:23pm
I think that there should be some
limit to what people where, but
I also think that people should
be able to show individuality.

And when I say 'individuality', I don't
mean 'show your ass to everyone',
or 'look at me! I'm trying to get raped!'
Kitti
Kitti
July 11th, 2006 at 04:26pm
tattoos.of.memories:
It's easy enough to show individuality without using clothing to express yourself.
I honestly wish my school had uniforms, simply because I am tired of seeing inappropriate things when I'm supposed to be learning.
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
July 11th, 2006 at 04:36pm
Kitti:
tattoos.of.memories:
It's easy enough to show individuality without using clothing to express yourself.
I honestly wish my school had uniforms, simply because I am tired of seeing inappropriate things when I'm supposed to be learning.

same here
i find what most girls wear very offensive
romantic_nightmare
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
romantic_nightmare
July 12th, 2006 at 08:46pm
I think kids should choose to wear what they want, as long as it's not innapropriate. But uniforms are also good because it basically stops cliches and low self esteem.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
July 12th, 2006 at 08:50pm
romantic_nightmare:
I think kids should choose to wear what they want, as long as it's not innapropriate. But uniforms are also good because it basically stops cliches and low self esteem.

Who decides what is innapropriate and what is acceptable?
Kitti
Kitti
July 12th, 2006 at 08:52pm
Viva La Stupid:
same here
i find what most girls wear very offensive
Why just girls? I'm offended by a lot of the things the guys in my school wear. For some reason, women are even objectified on t-shirts in a public high school. I hate that...
Brendon Urie..
Brendon Urie..

Mibba
July 15th, 2006 at 06:57am
My principal came into our class near the last part of school a few years back and asked us for our opinions on things because they were considering revisions of rules for the next year.

I brought up the dress code within a minute.

Apparently, in my old high school, girls can't wear spaghetti straps because guys find it distracting.

Fuck that. It's complete bullshit. I find that fact the guys in my school wear pants that a family of four can fit into distracting. I'm just wondering when the fuck that family of four is going to pop out.

Sorry ...

Okay...I think the dress code should be rather liberal. But I don't think you should be able to wear whatever you want.
Register