Most overrated bands ever

AuthorMessage
Psychedelic Sheep
Jackass
Psychedelic Sheep
January 24th, 2009 at 01:14pm
As much as I love AC/DC, I must admit that they are overrated.
Same with Guns 'n' Roses, love them (the older stuff, not the new stuff) but they're overrated.
Sylar
Falling In Love With The Board
Sylar
January 24th, 2009 at 05:50pm
PHWOAR.:
Rahm Emanuel:
Oh, sorry.
Yes, I was being sarcastic. You couldn't see me so I'll lay the scene out for you; after I typed that comment, I had to go and get a towel- the sarcasm was simply dripping off me.

I think there should be a saracsm button omg.

Agreed.
Or maybe like a little tag [sarcasm]sarcasm goes here[/sarcasm]
Jay Tee
Had A Life Before GSB
Jay Tee

Mibba Blog
January 25th, 2009 at 10:21am
AC/DC are catastrophically under rated.
Stark Raving Lefty.
Idiot
Stark Raving Lefty.
January 25th, 2009 at 01:52pm
Arctic Monkeys - a few decent songs but pretty dirgey, REALLY not worthy of all the hype.
Queen - sorry, they're just not that good... at least the Beatles were amazing and contributed significantly to the development of good music.
Psychedelic Sheep
Jackass
Psychedelic Sheep
January 25th, 2009 at 04:47pm
^ agree
icegirl.
Jackass
icegirl.

Blog
January 25th, 2009 at 05:38pm
mansonxgd16x:
PHWOAR.:
AC/DC. I can not stress that enough omgno Seriously.

Oh, and KINGS OF LEON. EW EW EW EW.

Also, Lady Gaga and Pink. Major ew.

AC/DC rock!!!!
Kings of Leon are a good band too Mad

If I was around when AC/DC were first out, I might have liked them. What really annoys me is that they are hella old and everything sounds the same. They are already so very big, they even have their own street. They get on awesome song lists all the time. Like, one of 'em could have a heart attack or something. Oh, rock 'n' roll this and rock 'n' roll that I can't stand it. I used to like them when I was like 7, but not really.
cabot gal
GSBitch
cabot gal

Mibba
January 25th, 2009 at 06:14pm
Stark Raving Lefty.:
Arctic Monkeys - a few decent songs but pretty dirgey, REALLY not worthy of all the hype.
listen to how the songs are put together then you'll see how they're sooooo not overrated.
icegirl.
Jackass
icegirl.

Blog
January 26th, 2009 at 03:56am
Boobmeister:
Stark Raving Lefty.:
listen to how the songs are put together then you'll see how they're sooooo not overrated.

I quite like the Artic Monkeys...I wouldn't say they're overrated either.
Jay Tee
Had A Life Before GSB
Jay Tee

Mibba Blog
January 26th, 2009 at 07:30am
Arctic Monkeys - one of the best British groups around. I would go into details but I'm tired.

Queen - fantastic pop band. Probably one of the best of all time. Any band that has Bohemian Rhapsody, Fat Bottomed Girls, We Will Rock You, We are the Champions etc. etc. etc. etc. in their repertoire can't be bad.

And as for AC/DC, just think of the number of classics they've penned. Yes, it all sounds the same, but could you have them any other way? No. They are a fantastic rock band and immensely under rated.
tomamazon
GSBitch
tomamazon

Mibba Blog
January 26th, 2009 at 12:25pm
Howard Moon:
High school musical, hannah montanah, Jonas Brothers all their songs sound the same!
Techno music
Lady Gaga, Rhianna, pussycat dolls,
*sigh* what is the world coming to?

hsm, hannah montana and jonas brothers songs are what they are - DISNEY SONGS. they are bound to be a bit on the crap side and repetitive but they're kids songs and if it makes them money, disney aren't going to change that.
and besides they are amazing shut up!!!
Psychedelic Sheep
Jackass
Psychedelic Sheep
January 26th, 2009 at 02:36pm
Arctic Monkeys are rubbish - they are definitely not one of the best groups around - they started the whole "indie" thing. I will hate them forever.

Oh, Bon Jovi are way overrated.
icegirl.
Jackass
icegirl.

Blog
January 27th, 2009 at 03:33am
You know what I think ? It depends on where you live to judge if bands are overrated or underrated. Definitely (: Same goes with most other media sources.
The Collector
GSBitch
The Collector
January 27th, 2009 at 04:05am
Katy Perry!
Jay Tee
Had A Life Before GSB
Jay Tee

Mibba Blog
January 27th, 2009 at 05:28am
Psychedelic Sheep:
Arctic Monkeys are rubbish - they are definitely not one of the best groups around - they started the whole "indie" thing. I will hate them forever.

Oh, Bon Jovi are way overrated.

Nah, the Smiths probably started the whole ~indie~ thing. The main bastards for the current overflow of the system were The Libertines.

Arctic Monkeys shouldn't be grouped with the rest of them. Smart songs with interesting breaks, catchy as fuck, danceable, inspired by a working class outlook on modern life which speaks to people yet doesn't seem dickheaded. They shy away from the cameras and bigging themselves up because there's this incredible humility about them. They could go out and give it the whole Oasis treatment and claim self-importance because of their success, but they don't and I don't think they ever would.

There's tonnes of bands out there who TRY to do the same thing, but they fail because they're not in Arctic Monkeys. Its a sound which cropped up in their unique situation, and copying it for your own band would just seem preachy and embarrassing. Their drummer is undeniably brilliant and, while he's not much of a singer, there's very few young lads around who could write songs as inspired as Alex Turner's. There's a couple of duds out there, but not many, but can you name a band who hasn't had a bad song? I think people should realise that there's much much more to them than I Bet You Look Good On t'Dancefloor.

Plus I think if they carry on the way they're going they could surprise a hella lotta rock fans on their third album.
RebelofSuburbia
RebelofSuburbia
January 27th, 2009 at 09:11am
Sally godverdomme:
^ xD

Amy Winehouse, she has the most annoying voice and boring songs ever, and evrybody acts like she's a goddess, while actually, she's a worthless addict.
God I hate her.

yes! The only song I actually do like is Valerie, and that's a cover song.

The Killers are overrated imo. Quite alright band, but overrated.
Jay Tee
Had A Life Before GSB
Jay Tee

Mibba Blog
January 27th, 2009 at 10:15am
The Killers had a er... killer debut. Couple of songs aside they've not released anything of any worth since.
Psychedelic Sheep
Jackass
Psychedelic Sheep
January 27th, 2009 at 02:15pm
Oh, did I mention I hate hate hate The Smiths? They're my least favourite band in the entire world.
asthenia.
asthenia.

Blog
January 27th, 2009 at 02:59pm
Jay Tee:
The Killers had a er... killer debut. Couple of songs aside they've not released anything of any worth since.

Agreed. Everything after Hot Fuss has just been disappointing. Neutral
tomamazon
GSBitch
tomamazon

Mibba Blog
January 27th, 2009 at 04:09pm
Psychedelic Sheep:
Oh, did I mention I hate hate hate The Smiths? They're my least favourite band in the entire world.
well aren't you little miss sunshine
RebelofSuburbia
RebelofSuburbia
January 27th, 2009 at 06:44pm
Jay Tee:

exactly my point, I love Hot Fuss it's one of my favorites. But I really don't get the fuss of booking them on every other festival and the whole hype around Human.
Register