Story Board Brainstorming & 'Mentor' Thread

AuthorMessage
Pickle
Geek
Pickle

Mibba
August 20th, 2006 at 12:47am
Okay, I just stepped out of my comfort level and I wrote something very light on the Green Day, but they're there, but it concentrates on someone else and another celebrity. I don't want to say who because it may be a little cheesy and stalkerish. I need one of my good honest peeps to help me out. Any takers?
HavingAGreenDay
Falling In Love With The Board
HavingAGreenDay

Mibba
August 20th, 2006 at 01:07am
Pickle:
Okay, I just stepped out of my comfort level and I wrote something very light on the Green Day, but they're there, but it concentrates on someone else and another celebrity. I don't want to say who because it may be a little cheesy and stalkerish. I need one of my good honest peeps to help me out. Any takers?
Moi, maybe? Surprised
iATEjimmysWORLD
King For A Couple Of Days
iATEjimmysWORLD

Mibba
August 20th, 2006 at 10:00am
Billie Joe's Sweetie:
ok I have a question. I think this is where I should ask it? ANyways, I have a couple stories that I don't update anymore, and don't plan on it. Is there a way someone can delete the stories I want deleted?

If you PM me the stories you want deleted I can take care of them for you Smile
iATEjimmysWORLD
iATEjimmysWORLD

Mibba
August 20th, 2006 at 10:07am
Handguns For Hearts:
Okay..

I'm thinking of writing a one-shot based on The West Memphis Three event that occured in the early ninties, but with a little American Idiot behind it. Think

I've been hovering around this idea for quite some time now, but I'm still not sure if I want to continue.

IF I write it, I'll call Prevent This Tragedy, Handguns For Hearts, or West Memphis, Please. I got the idea from a song, by Alkaline Trio, called Prevent This Tragedy.

Prevent This Tragedy

Here we are again with handguns for hearts
They had a master plan, wanted to tear us apart
Nothing to hold. All hope deleted
Our demise has been completed now
Nowhere left to go but

Down, the flames of hell they give me hope
I Drown, in oceans of this tragic part of
Town, where nothing's heard for miles but the
Sound of children wishing they were safely underground

We are the walking dead, we hold this ghost in our arms
We take our daily breath and thank our unlucky stars
Tried to get by on bread and water
Craving blood poured from the altar now
Not much left to do but

Drown in flames of miscommunication
Down and out and often in search of someone
Proud to translate what we truly dream
About, as we lay in this bed thinking out loud

I'm screaming Uncle, Mercy me
And my broken telepathy
For I'm left with nothing but this
Bloodless river bank, West Memphis
Please
, I'm begging you to stop praying for me

Down, the flames of hell they give me hope
I Drowned in oceans of this tragic part of
Town, where nothing's heard for miles but the
Sound of children wishing they were safely underground

Any thoughts on this? Dno

I remember those murders. They were in 1993, right? Anyway, you're an excellent writer, and with a little American Idiot behind it, how could you go wrong?

I think you should go for it and see what you come up with Wink
davey jones.
davey jones.

Mibba Blog
August 20th, 2006 at 11:41am
iATEjimmysWORLD:

I remember those murders. They were in 1993, right? Anyway, you're an excellent writer, and with a little American Idiot behind it, how could you go wrong?

I think you should go for it and see what you come up with Wink

Wow. Thanks. Very Happy

Btw, this isn't the one-shot I was talking about...I'll PM you later. Meg
Pickle
Geek
Pickle

Mibba
August 20th, 2006 at 11:53am
HavingAGreenDay:
Pickle:
Moi, maybe? Surprised

Aight. I'll ship ya a bit of it in just a bit. You're ava's cute btw.
HavingAGreenDay
HavingAGreenDay

Mibba
August 20th, 2006 at 12:33pm
Pickle:
HavingAGreenDay:
Pickle:
Moi, maybe? Surprised

Aight. I'll ship ya a bit of it in just a bit. You're ava's cute btw.
Cool, and thanks hon! Very Happy
In Pasalacqua
Geek
In Pasalacqua
August 20th, 2006 at 03:47pm
Fan Fiction is totally the shizzle Cool I love it. It has won me competitions....amazing schtuff! Very Happy
HavingAGreenDay
HavingAGreenDay

Mibba
August 20th, 2006 at 05:06pm
I need some help with something. What song was it that Mike and Billie first learned to play together? Was it Black Sabbath's "Crazy Train" or "Paranoid"?

Thanks. Cool
Banach95
Banach95

Mibba Blog
August 20th, 2006 at 06:37pm
I think it was Ozzy Osbourne's 'Crazy Train'
HavingAGreenDay
HavingAGreenDay

Mibba
August 20th, 2006 at 06:51pm
sampalletband:
I think it was Ozzy Osbourne's 'Crazy Train'
Me too. Thanks hon. Cool
Banach95
Banach95

Mibba Blog
August 20th, 2006 at 06:58pm
Though I can't see Billie playing guitar as well as the late great Randy Rhoades...

*whoops*

I said that with my outside voice Twisted Evil
davey jones.
davey jones.

Mibba Blog
August 23rd, 2006 at 08:04am
Do you think age matters?

Sometimes I wish I was older so people would take me seriously. I guess I figure if I was like 20-something, I would be better. Rolling Eyes
HavingAGreenDay
HavingAGreenDay

Mibba
August 23rd, 2006 at 11:13am
Handguns For Hearts:

Sometimes I wish I was older so people would take me seriously. I guess I figure if I was like 20-something, I would be better. Rolling Eyes
I get that feeling all the time hon. I've always been at a higher intellectual level than most people my age and I find it can make things difficult, especially when some people treat me like I'm some sort of idiot.

Most of the time that's not the case though, I am fortunate to look older than I am. Hopefully that slows down by the time I'm forty. Shocked

What is your question for, by the way?
davey jones.
davey jones.

Mibba Blog
August 23rd, 2006 at 04:18pm
HavingAGreenDay:
Handguns For Hearts:

I get that feeling all the time hon. I've always been at a higher intellectual level than most people my age and I find it can make things difficult, especially when some people treat me like I'm some sort of idiot.

Most of the time that's not the case though, I am fortunate to look older than I am. Hopefully that slows down by the time I'm forty. Shocked

I mean, do you think you have to be a certain age, or reach a certain maturity to be a good writer?

I was just wondering...I mean, most people don't expect a 14 year old to be a genius writer, so they pay no mind to anything she writes.
One Nut Wonder
Geek
One Nut Wonder

Mibba
August 24th, 2006 at 02:59am
I need help attracting readers and holding them to the stories. I'm writing three that are in desperate need of readers. Not to worry though, I only want help on one. It's called Carry On, Carrie Ann. In the part I just posted(which isn't up yet and I don't even know if its going to apper) Billie and Carrie get drunk and do something very forbidden. Something twenty-one year olds and sixteen year olds shouldn't do together, if you catch my drift. *cough*they had sex*cough* I'm a little braindead about what should happen in the next part. Can some one give me ideas?
HavingAGreenDay
HavingAGreenDay

Mibba
August 24th, 2006 at 03:56pm
Handguns For Hearts:
HavingAGreenDay:
Handguns For Hearts:

I mean, do you think you have to be a certain age, or reach a certain maturity to be a good writer?

I was just wondering...I mean, most people don't expect a 14 year old to be a genius writer, so they pay no mind to anything she writes.
I think that's very true and it's showcased by how many more older published authors there are, compared to younger.

As a young writer or young writers, we just have to do all we can to let our work get out there and gain the respect we deserve. I mean if I had a book published say within the next year, I'd be amongst some of the youngest authors in North America.
davey jones.
davey jones.

Mibba Blog
September 5th, 2006 at 10:35pm
Does anyone write shorthand? In notebooks? Do you write when you least expect it?

My apologies if I'm pummeling you with questions!
CristhyneS
Jackass
CristhyneS

Mibba
September 5th, 2006 at 11:24pm
I do. In fact I write my stories on a notebook before typing them into the computer. and yes, I've written in some weird moments (I might have a weird concept of "weird moments" though).
Reality Is Due
Post Whore
Reality Is Due

Mibba
September 5th, 2006 at 11:32pm
Handguns For Hearts ©:

I know exactly how you feel,I'm 13 and people around that age usually don't get taken seriously sometimes.
Register