Guitar related things can be posted here!

AuthorMessage
Feeling It Yet?
Geek
Feeling It Yet?
October 5th, 2006 at 03:34am
greendayfreakDX1:
I feel bad for you.... epiphones...... *shivers*.... nahhhhhh just kidding. They arn't that bad. If it makes you feel any better, I...... I don't know what to sa actually that would make you feel any better....... *sighs*

why do yo guys hate epiphone?????? just why? give me reasons to actually understand your stupid hatered?
*Pyrotechnics_Anonymous*
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
*Pyrotechnics_Anonymous*

Mibba
October 5th, 2006 at 05:09pm
I was only kidding... jeeze! I like epiphones, I was just being sarcastic.
Franny.
Falling In Love With The Board
Franny.
October 5th, 2006 at 07:37pm
epiphones are just crappier versions of gibsons. the cheap priced ones are crappy in all aspects (ex. pick ups, fret board). the more expensive ones are still knock offs of gibsons so why don't you just spend that amoutn of money and buy a gibson?

it's not just epiphones that i dislike. i dislike squires as well. squires are even worse than epiphones (apparently it's possible).

oh yah, epiphones go out of tune easily. i've had personal stage experience with that, not good memories.
*Pyrotechnics_Anonymous*
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
*Pyrotechnics_Anonymous*

Mibba
October 5th, 2006 at 10:07pm
ooooooooo thats some good shit a got there..... *claps*
I 'Surrender' to Ben
Jackass
I 'Surrender' to Ben
October 7th, 2006 at 12:30pm
haha, i just go my Electric guitar, and i can play 5 songs, i love to play, but 'I' think drums are easyer Smile
Prosthetic Head
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Prosthetic Head
October 8th, 2006 at 06:25am
Watoosh!:
i started playing when i was 13. now i'm 17. i still dont think i'm good, i just think everyone else is really bad. haha.

same here

ive been playing since i was 7, now im 14.
Feeling It Yet?
Geek
Feeling It Yet?
October 9th, 2006 at 04:00am
GreenDay420:
epiphones are just crappier versions of gibsons. the cheap priced ones are crappy in all aspects (ex. pick ups, fret board). the more expensive ones are still knock offs of gibsons so why don't you just spend that amoutn of money and buy a gibson?

it's not just epiphones that i dislike. i dislike squires as well. squires are even worse than epiphones (apparently it's possible).

oh yah, epiphones go out of tune easily. i've had personal stage experience with that, not good memories.

HAHA i get it, one bad thing happen to you and you dislike them forever?? I have no problems with tunning, or the fret board, i cant comment on the pick ups for i dont have an electric epiphone. BUt i ask you this, how can they be knock offs, if they are made by the same people as gibsons?

i dont like squires either Very Happy
*Pyrotechnics_Anonymous*
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
*Pyrotechnics_Anonymous*

Mibba
October 9th, 2006 at 02:21pm
Yeah, but you wouldn't know the out of tune part of it, dumbass. I think they were talking about electrics, and like you said, you don't have one, so you woundn't know.
Franny.
Franny.
October 10th, 2006 at 02:28am
no need to call her a dumbass.

and i'm just said the one worst thing that happened to me with that guitar. there are plenty of other things wrong with it. i'm just saying, they're not worth it's money. they're knock offs in the sense that they're crappier versions of the real thing (being gibsons). epiphones are just not worth the money.

tell me this, if you think they're so good, why do bands use gibsons over epiphones? (the bands who can afford it). because the quality is better than epiphones. and one crappy thing can make me hate a guitar forever, yes.

you use an epiphone acoustic and you think it's good, i would say they're not bad. i got the impression that you played electric. but if you tried a gibson acoustic, you should probably feel the difference. i'm not trying to get you to hate epiphones, but you've tried other brand name guitars and compare, epiphones just plain suck compared to a lot of brands out there.

not to brag, but i know my guitars well.
Feeling It Yet?
Geek
Feeling It Yet?
October 10th, 2006 at 03:02am
greendayfreakDX1:
Yeah, but you wouldn't know the out of tune part of it, dumbass. I think they were talking about electrics, and like you said, you don't have one, so you woundn't know.

if you, the person that started this thread actually read my earlier comment, you would know that i DO have an elctric, a fender strat..OK! So i do know when a guitar IS and IS NOT out of tune...and i've been playing for longer than you OK...so Hand

GreenDay420:
no need to call her a dumbass.

and i'm just said the one worst thing that happened to me with that guitar. there are plenty of other things wrong with it. i'm just saying, they're not worth it's money. they're knock offs in the sense that they're crappier versions of the real thing (being gibsons). epiphones are just not worth the money.

tell me this, if you think they're so good, why do bands use gibsons over epiphones? (the bands who can afford it). because the quality is better than epiphones. and one crappy thing can make me hate a guitar forever, yes.

you use an epiphone acoustic and you think it's good, i would say they're not bad. i got the impression that you played electric. but if you tried a gibson acoustic, you should probably feel the difference. i'm not trying to get you to hate epiphones, but you've tried other brand name guitars and compare, epiphones just plain suck compared to a lot of brands out there.

not to brag, but i know my guitars well.

I get you, i guess if i knew as much as...i think you know(that made sence to me) i would be proving my point like you are.
I can realte to you on the one thing happen, hate them for ever, i used a friends electric Yamaha something or rather....it was like 3 years ago...and i went up in front of my whole class (a grand total of 34 kids) and started to play Oasis's Wonderwall. Half way through, the A string snapped and EVERYONE started laughing. yes it may have been my fault for not checking the strings before, but now i wont touch a single Yamaha with a ten foot pole.

to me the epiphone was worth the money, and i just think im getting to defensive about the brand is, well because it was my first guitar. It made me keep my love for playing alive, it made me happy whenever i played it no matter what. YOu must feel the same about YOUR first guitar?

And you know, i will take you advice, i will try a gibson acoustic, i know someone whom might have one in stock, and after the test run i'll tell you how it went.

Can i jusy ask you, do you like MCR?
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
October 10th, 2006 at 07:42am
Yeah, um. I have a question that needs to be answered. See, I have this lousy one year old acoustic. I just started learning about a month ago. It's a "Givson" guitar, made in Calcutta and it's probably some company that wanted credibility so they picked a name similiar to Gibson.

Yeah, anyway. My strings keep breaking. My E string just broke for the second time. My B string broke and my G string broke. I keep the guitar very carefully in a spongily padded and sturdy guitar case. I haven't been able to practice in a while *grumbles*, so how do I take better care of my strings and keep them from breaking?
greenday6
Admin
greenday6
October 10th, 2006 at 11:15am
What gauge of strings are you using? And are the strings breaking at the nut, or near the bridge? I don't know how to fix it if they're breaking at the bridge.
Franny.
Franny.
October 10th, 2006 at 06:49pm
epiphone-girl:

yah i kinda do. does frank use an epiphone? =P
Franny.
Franny.
October 10th, 2006 at 06:51pm
greenday6:
What gauge of strings are you using? And are the strings breaking at the nut, or near the bridge? I don't know how to fix it if they're breaking at the bridge.

i know how to fix it =O get heavier gauge strings.
*Pyrotechnics_Anonymous*
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
*Pyrotechnics_Anonymous*

Mibba
October 10th, 2006 at 08:17pm
You probably need to get better, and stronger strings. I'm somewhat new at this, but I've had issues with stuff like that. You might also be playing them harder than you need too, although it's sometimes really fun to just beat the hell out of them....
greenday6
Admin
greenday6
October 10th, 2006 at 08:17pm
Haha, yeah. But I was thinking about possible problems with the bridge, I overthink simple things.

And yeah Frank does use play Epiphones, I saw him doing an ad for them awhile back.
Franny.
Franny.
October 10th, 2006 at 08:36pm
greenday6:
Haha, yeah. But I was thinking about possible problems with the bridge, I overthink simple things.

And yeah Frank does use play Epiphones, I saw him doing an ad for them awhile back.

ok fine, frank is special with his epiphone. i realize he's very famous and can afford gibsons, but maybe he's played an epiphone for so long that he's too lazy to switch? =P (directed at that epiphone loving person)
Feeling It Yet?
Geek
Feeling It Yet?
October 11th, 2006 at 01:01am
GreenDay420:
epiphone-girl:

yah i kinda do. does frank use an epiphone? =P

lol your good. yeah all his guitars are epiphone Aleckz but ray plays with a les paul
Feeling It Yet?
Geek
Feeling It Yet?
October 11th, 2006 at 01:03am
GreenDay420:
greenday6:

ok fine, frank is special with his epiphone. i realize he's very famous and can afford gibsons, but maybe he's played an epiphone for so long that he's too lazy to switch? =P (directed at that epiphone loving person)

haha yeah or maybe he likes them like i do, and maybe he thinks that they are really good...like i do
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
October 11th, 2006 at 08:05am
greendayfreakDX1:
You probably need to get better, and stronger strings. I'm somewhat new at this, but I've had issues with stuff like that. You might also be playing them harder than you need too, although it's sometimes really fun to just beat the hell out of them....

No...they all broke when the guitar was in it's case...O_o. which is why it's weird. I mean, the first time, it broke after a year. fine. but a week later? come on! and the B and G broke after a year too, so maybe they were just old. I think I need stronger strings. I'm going to get it fixed today, so yeah.

Thanks.
Register