A "Cure" for homosexuality

AuthorMessage
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
May 1st, 2007 at 11:43am
Tasteful and Sublime:
well, that can. But not who you're sexually attracted to.

Yes, but going by that Anji said, can't oestrogen levels and testosterone levels be controlled by medication?

After all, isn't that what fertility drugs are? Hormone pills Think
Brendon Urie..
King For A Couple Of Days
Brendon Urie..

Mibba
May 1st, 2007 at 06:21pm
Anji:
A lesbian couple does have a chemical inbalence. Too much testosterone. And similarly, gay couples, in love have too much oestrogen.

I'd be really interested in hearing where you go that information.
Because my mother, who does extensive statistical research, has never come across anything like that.
And lesbians have had very few tests done on them sexuality-wise. It's usually gay men, who respond to stimuli much different than straight men do.
Cecilia
Had A Life Before GSB
Cecilia
May 1st, 2007 at 06:54pm
Anji:
]A lesbian couple does have a chemical inbalence. Too much testosterone. And similarly, gay couples, in love have too much oestrogen.

That can easily be cured.

That won't stop them being gays though.
Ol' Blue Eyes.
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
May 1st, 2007 at 09:11pm
Anji:
A lesbian couple does have a chemical inbalence. Too much testosterone. And similarly, gay couples, in love have too much oestrogen.

And you got that from...?

Because I've done research, and I never found anything even close to that. Think
PaNcAkEs
Jackass
PaNcAkEs

Blog
May 2nd, 2007 at 01:35am
Like i said, the oestrogen and testosterone levels can be controlled, i think, but not who you're sexually attracted to XD. So yeah, everything the others said.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
May 2nd, 2007 at 12:38pm
Ol' Blue Eyes.:
Anji:

Because I've done research, and I never found anything even close to that. Think

druscilla; in rags:
Because my mother, who does extensive statistical research, has never come across anything like that.
And lesbians have had very few tests done on them sexuality-wise. It's usually gay men, who respond to stimuli much different than straight men do.
This isn't just lesbians and gays. It's common fact that women in love get increased levels of testosterone and men in love get increased levels of oestrogen.

It seems everyone here is researching on levels of hormones in human beings in response to emotions and stimuli nowadays, eh?

You wanna know how I know this. I just read a lot. Sceince journals in particular. This article was released by the University of Bath. Strangers on the internet versus the prestiegous science articles released by the University of Bath...Think I pick the university.

According to their studies and experiments, an increase in testoserone in females leads to them wanting a little more 'shebang shebang' in the bedroom, if you know what I mean. And high oestrogen levels in men cause them to be more feminine and do all sorts of giddy stuff like buying us roses and chocolates and taking us out.
Ol' Blue Eyes.
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
May 2nd, 2007 at 06:43pm
Anji:
Ol' Blue Eyes.:
Anji:

druscilla; in rags:
This isn't just lesbians and gays. It's common fact that women in love get increased levels of testosterone and men in love get increased levels of oestrogen.

It seems everyone here is researching on levels of hormones in human beings in response to emotions and stimuli nowadays, eh?

You wanna know how I know this. I just read a lot. Sceince journals in particular. This article was released by the University of Bath. Strangers on the internet versus the prestiegous science articles released by the University of Bath...Think I pick the university.

According to their studies and experiments, an increase in testoserone in females leads to them wanting a little more 'shebang shebang' in the bedroom, if you know what I mean. And high oestrogen levels in men cause them to be more feminine and do all sorts of giddy stuff like buying us roses and chocolates and taking us out.
Not to be argumentative, but I don't understand what any of that has to do with homosexuals,
Brendon Urie..
Brendon Urie..

Mibba
May 2nd, 2007 at 07:18pm
^
I agree.
Kristmas_Tsanne
Great Success!
Kristmas_Tsanne

Blog
May 3rd, 2007 at 02:13am
Anji, you say that the hormones make us act different, according to what level they're on, right? And testosterone makes women want sex, and oestrogen makes men sentive or whatever.
It still doesn't changed who you're attracted to, if I got it right.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
May 3rd, 2007 at 01:19pm
In response to these last three posts: balencing these hormones can make a person 'fall out of love'. Of course this isn't a way to stop someon from being homosexual, but it can prevent the affection of another partner, same or different sex.
Cecilia
Had A Life Before GSB
Cecilia
May 3rd, 2007 at 09:19pm
Killer_Tomato:
Anji, you say that the hormones make us act different, according to what level they're on, right? And testosterone makes women want sex, and oestrogen makes men sentive or whatever.

Anji:
In response to these last three posts: balencing these hormones can make a person 'fall out of love'. Of course this isn't a way to stop someon from being homosexual, but it can prevent the affection of another partner, same or different sex.

But falling in love isn't a matter of sex and sensibilty only.
Take those hormones, you'll just want to have sex more or less and get your sensibility decreased or increased. That's not falling out love. Affection and feelings are still here.

Give people some kind of jerk who doesn't want to do a damn thing in the house, but eating, playing videogames, farting and sleeping, I think that'll help falling out love more than your pills.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
May 4th, 2007 at 12:21pm
Wouldn't giving people certain hormone pills effectively reduce their sexuality to asexual (yes, not just plants, the term given to someone who isn't sexually attracted) thus making it a treatment for sexuality?
Not ~homo~ sexuality, but nontheless.

Anyway, did anyone ever really find out what causes homosexuality?
I was under the impression that it is still some big mystery.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
May 4th, 2007 at 01:36pm
Cecilia:
Killer_Tomato:

Anji:

But falling in love isn't a matter of sex and sensibilty only.
Take those hormones, you'll just want to have sex more or less and get your sensibility decreased or increased. That's not falling out love. Affection and feelings are still here.

Give people some kind of jerk who doesn't want to do a damn thing in the house, but eating, playing videogames, farting and sleeping, I think that'll help falling out love more than your pills.
I doubt that most people in love would want these hormone stuffs. Linking with the love thread, it's something that you're thankful for and embrace and no matter how you may dislike it, you don't want it to go away. 'Falling out of love' is a poor way to put it, but the imagery is better than 'falling out af attraction'. People who dislike their homosexual side, yet find attraction with the other sex are more likely to use this. I guess it's also part placebo, but chemically, it should work.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
May 4th, 2007 at 01:40pm
Bloodraine:
Nothing causes it, it is naturally occuring. 'Gay stereotypes' and dumb and immature. Gays aren't all fish net tank tops and tight leather pants. Lesbians aren't all butch with mullets either. It's this stereotype that leads people on to believing that homosexuality is something that must occur either genetically, or through some major psychological event during childhood or whatever. The fact is that homosexuality is such a major part of the natural world that makes the idea of a 'cure for homosexuality' completely ridiculous.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
May 4th, 2007 at 01:42pm
Anji:
Bloodraine:
Nothing causes it, it is naturally occuring. 'Gay stereotypes' and dumb and immature. Gays aren't all fish net tank tops and tight leather pants. Lesbians aren't all butch with mullets either. It's this stereotype that leads people on to believing that homosexuality is something that must occur either genetically, or through some major psychological event during childhood or whatever. The fact is that homosexuality is such a major part of the natural world that makes the idea of a 'cure for homosexuality' completely ridiculous.

Genetics wouldn't make it natural?
I'd have thought the opposite; if being gay was down to genetics, that would make it nature's work.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
May 4th, 2007 at 02:03pm
Bloodraine:
Anji:
Bloodraine:

Genetics wouldn't make it natural?
I'd have thought the opposite; if being gay was down to genetics, that would make it nature's work.
Well, since genetics are nowadays alterable, they can easily be unatural. So maybe we were never meant to be straight? Who knows.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 5th, 2007 at 12:25am
Bloodraine:

They don't know. All we have are theories, and it bugs me beyond all reason when people preach them like facts.
Karla R.
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Karla R.
May 6th, 2007 at 12:40am
Homosexuality isn't a illness, a cure?; that makes no sense Snooty
CopperheaD
Geek
CopperheaD
May 7th, 2007 at 05:41pm
The only thing that needs to be cured is ignorance, other people who can't accept gay/lesbians need some treatment.
Ol' Blue Eyes.
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
May 7th, 2007 at 07:10pm
CopperheaD:
The only thing that needs to be cured is ignorance, other people who can't accept gay/lesbians need some treatment.
Clap
Register