AuthorMessage
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
May 8th, 2007 at 02:48pm
Heterosexuality - sexual partiality to people of the opposite sex
Homosexuality - sexual partiality to people of the same sex

My Biology textbook says that. Doesn't mention a disease of any kind. Actually it equalizes homosexuality with heterosexuality just making the difference in partiality.

Faith
Insert_Clever_Saying_Here
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Insert_Clever_Saying_Here
May 25th, 2007 at 03:58pm
Homosexuality would have to be a disease before it could be considered in need of a "cure" now wouldn't it?
Hitchcock Starlet
Addict
Hitchcock Starlet
May 26th, 2007 at 05:46am
VAGPHOBIC.:
Heterosexuality - sexual partiality to people of the opposite sex
Homosexuality - sexual partiality to people of the same sex

My Biology textbook says that. Doesn't mention a disease of any kind. Actually it equalizes homosexuality with heterosexuality just making the difference in partiality.

Faith

You have that in your Biology book? O_o
We didnt have it T_T

I dont see why it's called "cure". Homosexuality isn't a desease. Why trying to "cure" something you are? Doesn't make much sense to me.
votefordisco
Rotting On Here
votefordisco

Mibba
May 26th, 2007 at 07:23am
... if there is a cure for homosexuality I think it should be banned please because I quite like the idea of two men being in love. OMFG
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
May 26th, 2007 at 01:34pm
stardust:
... if there is a cure for homosexuality I think it should be banned please because I quite like the idea of two men being in love. OMFG
Even if someone doesn't want to be a homosexual?
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 27th, 2007 at 10:42pm
Alright, we've established that the majority of people in this thread dislike the term "cure", is there any point in discussing that further? And really, some people could see their sexuality as a disease. And if they want to "cure" it, they have that right, don't they? And some of you might say "we'll truely they're still gay" So? A bipolar person on medication may not show symptoms, but they're still bipolar. The same could be true for this.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
May 28th, 2007 at 05:58am
Kurtni:
And if they want to "cure" it, they have that right, don't they?

It depends on how far people are willing to go to find a genetic cure for all of their problems, and not just homosexuality.
EvilGiraffe!
Addict
EvilGiraffe!

Blog
August 3rd, 2007 at 02:09pm
I think this is completley absurd...

Modern society is so obsessed with being "normal" and it's ridiculous people are spending time trying to "cure" homosexuality when they could spend there time and money finding a cure for cancer or AIDs...

People nowadys have there priorities so wrong.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
August 5th, 2007 at 02:12pm
Spazzy_McSpazzerson!:
I think this is completley absurd...

Modern society is so obsessed with being "normal" and it's ridiculous people are spending time trying to "cure" homosexuality when they could spend there time and money finding a cure for cancer or AIDs...

People nowadys have there priorities so wrong.

the same could be said for people who spend their time manufacturing the newest type of mobile (cell phone) but the public still want the latest.

There's plenty of things scientist spend their time on which could be better spent elsewhere so there's really no point discussing it, it just goes round in circles.
Sarah!
Geek
Sarah!
August 6th, 2007 at 06:01pm
What the hell? There is a cure for homosexuality? That is wrong I think. My reasons being that why should there be a cure? Homosexuality is not wrong. It's not a crime. It is feelings. You can't change your feelings very easily. Homosexuality, in my mind, is only considered a crime by some people is because it's a minority of people, not a majority. If only a quarter of the world was straight then that would become a crime...

i rambled a bit there and i hope i made sense. Feel free to challenge me on anything i said...
Comic tragedy
Idiot
Comic tragedy
August 8th, 2007 at 05:14am
sarah__bailar batuka:
What the hell? There is a cure for homosexuality? That is wrong I think. My reasons being that why should there be a cure? Homosexuality is not wrong. It's not a crime. It is feelings. You can't change your feelings very easily. Homosexuality, in my mind, is only considered a crime by some people is because it's a minority of people, not a majority. If only a quarter of the world was straight then that would become a crime...

i rambled a bit there and i hope i made sense. Feel free to challenge me on anything i said...

Well... for certain religions, it can be considered wrong.
That's a major reason why people aren't too fond of homosexualtity.
But yes, when something is outnumbered, then it's wrong in this society.
That can't be helped anytime soon.
Musical Deviant
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Musical Deviant
August 12th, 2007 at 12:38am
Jersey Girl:
[url=http://www.bmj.com/cgi/content/full/328/7437/427]
I am extremely angry about this. Why do people have to change their sexuality by going to through a treatment?

If it doesn't effect you in any way, and people do it willingly, is it really any skin off your nose whether or not people do this sort of thing?

And if you are what you are, then one who wants to change their sexuality is who they are, and its not your place to judge them or what they do with their lives.
porcelain-star
Geek
porcelain-star
August 12th, 2007 at 10:02am
i thought they were joking..
naw
thats just..
grr >.<
Rebel_Junkie
Geek
Rebel_Junkie
August 20th, 2007 at 04:35pm
The fact that people think that homosexuality needs a cure is appalling. I mean it’s not a disease it’s something you’re born with. You can’t ‘catch’ it and you don’t choose to be it. It’s in your DNA and that has been almost proven since pigs in Germany were found to be lesbian and since animals can’t really make the same choices like humans can experts agreed that it meant that you couldn’t choose to be homosexual it’s something you were since birth, like having blue eyes, it can’t be changed. The only reason no one knows about the German pigs bit is because it was on BBC one day before the pope (who is German) had the story hushed up.

If God is so forgiving shouldn’t he also be accepting?

I’m bisexual and get a lot of unnecessary shit about it at school but I don’t care. People just can’t understand something that goes against what they had been taught growing up. People were taught smoking wasn’t it bad for you and it took years and years before anyone accepted anything different.

My sister Katherine sums it up perfectly.
Homophobia: The irrational fear that gay men will break into your house and redecorate it against your will.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
August 20th, 2007 at 05:11pm
Rebel_Junkie:

No.
Rebel_Junkie
Geek
Rebel_Junkie
August 20th, 2007 at 05:15pm
Kurtni:
Rebel_Junkie:

No.

Well, way to be blunt. I just think that if God (if he even exists) is supposed to be so great then he should accept everyones differences.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
August 20th, 2007 at 07:28pm
Rebel_Junkie:
Kurtni:
Rebel_Junkie:

No.

Well, way to be blunt. I just think that if God (if he even exists) is supposed to be so great then he should accept everyones differences.

I think what courtney means by that ''No'' is that forgiving someone for sinning is completely different for accepting.

To forgive someone for a sin it means that person realises what they have done is wrong and the big boss man upstairs forgives him. For god to accept homosexuality is asking him to accept sin and as much as the next xentence makes me sound like a bible basher i'm going to say it anyway

Only the devil accepts sin.
Ol' Blue Eyes.
King For A Couple Of Days
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
August 20th, 2007 at 07:38pm
Rebel_Junkie:
Homophobia: The irrational fear that gay men will break into your house and redecorate it against your will.
Robin Williams said that. Coolio

I had something really intelligent to add to this thread, and it escapes me. Molly
I'mComing.BeScared.
King For A Couple Of Days
I'mComing.BeScared.
August 20th, 2007 at 08:00pm
Homophobia is bad.I dont care about someone's sexual orientation.It doesn't matter. Some of my friends are bisexual and homosexual. I'm hetero.
The real problem is the way of thinking of some homosexual persons- they want to be toleranced but there's no way becouse they want to make their sexual orientation the most important thing. That's why people want to heal them.
Rebel_Junkie
Geek
Rebel_Junkie
August 20th, 2007 at 09:15pm
Ol' Blue Eyes.:
Rebel_Junkie:
Robin Williams said that. Coolio

I had something really intelligent to add to this thread, and it escapes me. Molly

Well then I guess my sister was quoting Robin Williams. And it's okay that you can't remember what you wanted to add, it'll come back to you soon.
Register