Organ Donation

AuthorMessage
Franny.
Falling In Love With The Board
Franny.
September 22nd, 2007 at 02:58am
I'm all for it. I mean, I'm not using them anymore, why not give it to someone else who needs it? It's odd though because my dad is all for it but my mom is against it. I don't think she's against giving away organs...maybe just talking about it...I'd want to keep my skin though I think. I'll give all my internal organs away though, not so picky about those =P
The Doctor
The Doctor

Mibba Blog
September 23rd, 2007 at 06:24pm
bjtp:
Sally Sparrow:
My mom had cornea transplants because she had cone-shaped corneas (there is supposed to be a smooth curve. Because she was short-sighted in her youth, I'm terrified I might get the same condition).

Anyway, somehow she wangled a doctor to tell her who had donated them. Her left was an old lady and the right was a young motorcyclist.

omgno Surely they're not meant to divulge that kind of information?
They're not meant to but my Mom has a way of getting information.
suzie_k
suzie_k
September 24th, 2007 at 07:23pm
My thing is if you have oragan failure are you going to be willing to accept doner organs? If the answer is yes and you can accept them, then you shouldn't have a problem donating.
amistad.
Addict
amistad.

Blog
September 25th, 2007 at 08:09pm
I've always supported this since I was little.

OMGyes

I want to keep my eyes, heart and skin though.
Ole![MothaFucka]
Geek
Ole![MothaFucka]

Blog
October 7th, 2007 at 02:18pm
I think it's pretty good, right? I mean, it helps people, and its not like you would be using them when you're dead. So I think it's a good thing Very Happy [Better than just keeping them to yourself.]

EDIT: I'd want to give away my brain though. Maybe they'll figure out why I'm so god damn stupid most of the time. That'd probably be a medical breakthrough.
Joel McHale.
King For A Couple Of Days
Joel McHale.

Blog
October 10th, 2007 at 05:03pm
Yes, it's wonderful. Which is why it's exactly what I'm going to be. I'm going to give my heart if I can. There are so many people waiting for a heart and lots of people die from it because their arn't enough donors SO I want to donate my heart. They can use whatever of me I don't care, eyes skin kidneys whatever.
Joel McHale.
Joel McHale.

Blog
October 10th, 2007 at 05:10pm
Kurtni:
There's only one problem though...

"Children who are under 12 in Scotland and under 18 in the rest of the UK at the time of registration will require their parent or guardian's agreement for donation to take place. "

I got into an argument with my Aunt over this. She works in a hospital, shes a nurse, and she says that even if you have an organ donor card with your consent to donate your organs thats not enough. I was like, what the hell, you're crazy. Why would they even make you get one then?

So, I did my research to prove her wrong... and she was right O_O. That aggrivates me so much. I mean, your husband,wife, children or parents are going to be tramatized enough as it is, I can easily see how it would be difficult for them to consent to having your body cut up and having your organs taken out might be. Psychologically, it would be like losing even more of you. Even if they knew its what you wanted, it would be hard. They shouldn't have to make that choice; there is enough on their minds as it is.
Lol Not in my case My dad's going to be an organ donor and so is my mom when I told them I wanted to be one they said they were proud of me.
tonlistir
Geek
tonlistir
November 4th, 2007 at 11:58pm
I think it's a very good thing. You don't need your organs when your dead, but they can save anothers life.... I wish more people would concern themselves with this topic, so more people would get organ donors.
asthenia.
asthenia.

Blog
November 23rd, 2007 at 04:57am
star light thrill.:

OMGyes

I never knew you could donate your skin o_o
But yeah, I completely support organ donation.
I think it's interesting to think that a part of you still lives on in someone else, even after you're gone.
amistad.
Addict
amistad.

Blog
November 23rd, 2007 at 05:20pm
katie's not grey:
star light thrill.:

OMGyes

I never knew you could donate your skin o_o
But yeah, I completely support organ donation.
I think it's interesting to think that a part of you still lives on in someone else, even after you're gone.

Apparantly someone did that over here. Like just donated some of it for something, I'm really not too sure.
Ol' Blue Eyes.
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
November 26th, 2007 at 04:03am
I had no idea you could donate skin. Seems like a complicated process. Coolio

But if it's possible, I'll do it. Think of all the burn victims you could help. I'm gettin cremated anyways, so having skin is sort of a moot point. Faith
Raina Lupa
Addict
Raina Lupa
November 27th, 2007 at 11:38am
I'm all for people opting to do it, good on ya...but I won't.

Which is why I think this new system of automatically registering everyone unless they express their wish to not donate, is somewhat taking away free choice.
cabot gal
GSBitch
cabot gal

Mibba
November 27th, 2007 at 10:21pm
Electric Pussycat:
Which is why I think this new system of automatically registering everyone unless they express their wish to not donate, is somewhat taking away free choice.
But you could say exactly the same for the way it is now. By not automatically registering everyone, unless they express a wish to donate, then you're taking away their free choice.

But it's not. Because you have the choice to take yourself off that list, or put yourself on it. You just have to be bothered enough to do it. I think that system is good, tbh. More people will donate organs that way, I feel.
Raina Lupa
Addict
Raina Lupa
November 27th, 2007 at 10:42pm
Boobmeister:
Electric Pussycat:
But you could say exactly the same for the way it is now. By not automatically registering everyone, unless they express a wish to donate, then you're taking away their free choice.

But it's not. Because you have the choice to take yourself off that list, or put yourself on it. You just have to be bothered enough to do it. I think that system is good, tbh. More people will donate organs that way, I feel.

Yes, but what about those who don't know that they're on the list, or are met with some fatal incident before they're able to be taken off it? Children, for example.

The current system allows people to opt to donate if they so wish. The new system would mean everyone *has* to unless they do something about it, if that makes sense.
Ol' Blue Eyes.
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
November 28th, 2007 at 01:28am
Electric Pussycat:
Boobmeister:
Electric Pussycat:

Yes, but what about those who don't know that they're on the list, or are met with some fatal incident before they're able to be taken off it? Children, for example.

The current system allows people to opt to donate if they so wish. The new system would mean everyone *has* to unless they do something about it, if that makes sense.
If you're bothered by it, then you can take your name and your children's names off the list. I think this new system is a very good idea.

I know people who want to donate, but just can't seem to get the paperwork signed and whatnot. Believe it or not, people are lazy and no matter how much they believe in a cause,just can't be bothered to check off a couple boxes.
cabot gal
GSBitch
cabot gal

Mibba
November 28th, 2007 at 05:36pm
Electric Pussycat:

What about the people who meet a fatal incident before they're able to be put on the list? It works the same, both ways round.

And by automatically putting people on the list, then it works out for the greater good. The NHS is worried about helping people live, this way it creates more opertunites for people who other wise could die without these organs. Most people are too lazy or keep thinking "I'll do it tomorrow," if they want to be put on the list to donate, however, if people were autmotically put on a list that they were strongly against, then it would motivate them to actually get taken off the list. If you think about how many people aren't bothered if they're organs are donated or not, then much more will be donated by automatically putting them on the list because they don't mind either way.
Kristmas_Tsanne
Great Success!
Kristmas_Tsanne

Blog
November 28th, 2007 at 08:35pm
"You should never give blood if:

2: You're a man who's had sex with another man, even safe sex using a condom."

Uhm. Why?
I don't get that tbh.

But yes. My mum's told me and my sister how both my mum and dad wants to be cremated and my dad wants to donate all of his organs, so that if (god forbid) something should happen, we would know their wishes.

I want to donate my blood too, once I can. And my organs too. I want to be cremated so keeping... well, anything, would just be waste of perfectly alright organs, wouldn't it? I mean, if they still work and all, and your beliefs don't come in the way, I don't think there's any good reason why not to do it.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
November 28th, 2007 at 08:36pm
Lucas Evans:

Uhm. Why?
I don't get that tbh.

Think Where did that come from?
JOOLS
Addict
JOOLS

Mibba Blog
December 5th, 2007 at 02:28am
I'm all for it, and a lot of the time I don't understand why other people don't. (but that's up to you, so I'm not trying to offend anyone)
There are so many myths about organ donation. A lot of times people say it's because of their religion, but there isn't a major one found that doesn't. They don't cut you up- you can still have an open casket and everything, and they handle everything and don't bother your loved ones to death.
Peardrops
Addict
Peardrops

Blog
December 9th, 2007 at 06:53pm
Kurtni:
Lucas Evans:

Uhm. Why?
I don't get that tbh.

Think Where did that come from?

That's from one of those leaflets you get when you're considering giving blood.
Register