Peardrops:
Kurtni:
Lucas Evans:
"You should never give blood if:

2: You're a man who's had sex with another man, even safe sex using a condom."

Uhm. Why?
I don't get that tbh.

Think Where did that come from?

That's from one of those leaflets you get when you're considering giving blood.

Cheese Wow, is that like, standard? because I swear when I helped with our schools blood drive it didn't say that.
Peardrops
Addict
Peardrops

Blog
December 11th, 2007 at 11:04pm
Kurtni:
Peardrops:
Kurtni:
Lucas Evans:

Uhm. Why?
I don't get that tbh.

Cheese Wow, is that like, standard? because I swear when I helped with our schools blood drive it didn't say that.

My friends all got it when they decided to give blood, so i'm guessing it's standard.

Another rule is you can't give blood if you're anaemic... So i'm not allowed Molly I wanna help the sick people too!
Raina Lupa
Addict
Raina Lupa
December 12th, 2007 at 06:17pm
I know some people are going to take this the wrong way, but I'm gonna go ahead and say it anyway.

I think in a way, organ donation is messing with the natural way of things...as is a lot of modern medicine. In nature, if your liver gives out you will die, not replace it with that of someone whose fate was not to die that way. If a piglet for example (stay with me here) is born a runt, nobody is going to help it...if it gets stronger, it lives, if it doesn't, it dies. That is the natural way of things. Some of the ways people are kept alive seem slightly freakish, to me.

There's always the thing of organ rejection and all the nastiness that brings, is it sometimes not better to just accept what comes?
Peardrops
Addict
Peardrops

Blog
December 12th, 2007 at 06:24pm
Surely you'd rather live than die though.
Raina Lupa
Addict
Raina Lupa
December 12th, 2007 at 06:27pm
Peardrops:

Would you rather die of kidney failure, or live on dialysis for the rest of your days?

Nothing is ever black and white.
Peardrops
Addict
Peardrops

Blog
December 12th, 2007 at 07:30pm
Electric Pussycat:
Peardrops:

Would you rather die of kidney failure, or live on dialysis for the rest of your days?

Nothing is ever black and white.

Badgers? Pandas? Zebras?

No seriously. I still think i'd rather be alive.
suzie_k
Falling In Love With The Board
suzie_k
December 12th, 2007 at 09:28pm
I can't give blood.
In Ireland we can't give blood if we lived in England during the BSE scares.
So that's me out. So I dunno about organ donation.
But I would donate organs.
Like I said before you have to think.
If you are willing to recieve donor organs you shoulr be willing to give them too.
Kristmas_Tsanne
Great Success!
Kristmas_Tsanne

Blog
December 12th, 2007 at 09:43pm
Kurtni:
Peardrops:
Kurtni:
Lucas Evans:

Uhm. Why?
I don't get that tbh.

I don't really get it, though, if you're protected, surely the only reason of upset is homophobia, right? And that would just be right down discriminating.
Mass-suicide
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Mass-suicide
December 13th, 2007 at 01:00am
I think its a good idea
whats the point on having ur heart when ur dead>
trisha_goes_rawr
Geek
trisha_goes_rawr
December 13th, 2007 at 11:16pm
well if you die, your not going to need those organs anymore right? don't let them rot away, they could be used to help save someones life who really needs them. so i'm all for that.
JOOLS
Addict
JOOLS

Mibba Blog
December 13th, 2007 at 11:50pm
Lucas Evans:
Kurtni:
Peardrops:
Kurtni:
Lucas Evans:

Uhm. Why?
I don't get that tbh.

I don't really get it, though, if you're protected, surely the only reason of upset is homophobia, right? And that would just be right down discriminating.

I'm not saying I agree to any of it, but the reasons are supposed to be because of the spreading of AIDS
Ol' Blue Eyes.
King For A Couple Of Days
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
December 14th, 2007 at 03:05am
trisha_goes_rawr:
well if you die, your not going to need those organs anymore right? don't let them rot away, they could be used to help save someones life who really needs them. so i'm all for that.
Well, certain religions require that the person be buried exactly as they entered the world, with all their organs, without any tattoos, piercings, etc. So if they're serious about their religion, they'd obviously want to follow that rule.
cabot gal
GSBitch
cabot gal

Mibba
December 14th, 2007 at 12:17pm
Ol' Blue Eyes.:
trisha_goes_rawr:
Well, certain religions require that the person be buried exactly as they entered the world, with all their organs, without any tattoos, piercings, etc. So if they're serious about their religion, they'd obviously want to follow that rule.
Plus, some people believe that they'll come a day when they rise from the dead and they'd need their organs and stuff :B
MikesCoffeeCup
Geek
MikesCoffeeCup

Mibba
December 22nd, 2007 at 05:17am
Ol' Blue Eyes.:
I'm planning to sign up as an organ donor when I go to get my license. I agree with you, that it's a very important step. If something happens to me, and my organs can go to save the life of another, then I'm all for it.

I haven't donated blood. I'm so terrified of needles it's scary. But next year, when the blood drive comes round to my school, I'm going to sign up and donate. My eyes just have to stay closed the entire time.

im doing the same when i get my license. my mom did and i think my dad did too. but i will never give blood. my two biggest fears are blood and needles.
Raina Lupa
Addict
Raina Lupa
December 22nd, 2007 at 11:25am
Boobmeister:
Ol' Blue Eyes.:
trisha_goes_rawr:
Plus, some people believe that they'll come a day when they rise from the dead and they'd need their organs and stuff :B

And some people just don't like the idea of their body being hacked up.
JOOLS
Addict
JOOLS

Mibba Blog
December 22nd, 2007 at 06:45pm
Electric Pussycat:
Boobmeister:
Ol' Blue Eyes.:
trisha_goes_rawr:

And some people just don't like the idea of their body being hacked up.

Your body won't be "hacked up." That's a myth.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
December 23rd, 2007 at 12:47am
Santa:

Do people think it looks like a scene from Saw or Hostel when you donate oranges or something? lmfao
vonny
Admin
vonny

Mibba Blog
December 23rd, 2007 at 12:58am
Kurtni:
Santa:

Do people think it looks like a scene from Saw or Hostel when you donate oranges or something? lmfao
It's true. Blood and guts go flying everywhere. It's really gory. File

But seriously though, I believe in organ donation. When you've died what do you need your body for? It's just going to be either buried or cremated, of no use to anybody. You might as well donate your organs and give another person the chance to live.
JOOLS
Addict
JOOLS

Mibba Blog
December 23rd, 2007 at 11:50pm
Kurtni:

vonny:

Well duh, they obv use chainsaws Coffee
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
December 25th, 2007 at 03:25am
Santa:
Kurtni:

vonny:

Well duh, they obv use chainsaws Coffee

Yeah, after they use an ax to remove your head Coffee
Register