AuthorMessage
Dana.
This Board Is My Home
Dana.

Blog
January 12th, 2011 at 11:45am
Nada.:

And Frank Iero, agreed.

You don't have to support them "shoving veg'an down your throat" to support other things.
I do have low iron being anemic, so I need that protein, so if I were to become a vegetarian, I wouldn't get everything I need.
Squid.
King For A Couple Of Days
Squid.

Blog
January 12th, 2011 at 01:44pm
ocean avenue:
Nada.:

I see your point, and I agree with you sort of kind of.
Because you say mistreating them is not right, but then to kill them to eat them. I think that is mistreating them, because how can you kill something in a nice way.
I understand that yes, for every one person that doesn't eat them, there is one that does.
But I don't see how people can be okay to kill them, and kind of say that is not mistreating them.

Though, I don't know if you were saying that or not.

And I have a question, that I don't know the answer to, and someone here may.
Why can't people eat cows, pigs, etc. that die naturally?
Or can they and just choose not to?
if an animal dies naturally, it's because it's sick or old - it means something was wrong with it so it wasn't healthy anymore. you wouldn't eat moldy vegetables, right? so yeah.. no.

Would you be more supportive of others (not necessarily yourself of course) eating meat if the animals were treated right? like, free-range or whatever it's called? or is it mistreating them either way?

you say that you can't kill something in a nice way, but if they lived a nice life as opposed to cows or pigs who don't get to go outside and have their space, or has to be in a cage until they get slaughtered.. isn't it kinder to give the pigs and cows a life where they can roll in the mud or at least walk around until you eat them? idk i'm kinda ranting here.. i'm just trying to figure out if you think all slaughtering is bad, or if there are y'know degrees, in your eyes.

I don't know. I guess I was think that people would know right when a cow or something dies and be able to save the meat...lol.
Obviously I wasn't thinking straight.

And, no. I mean given, I don't think there is a nice way to kill something. But yeah, at least give them a life. Don't abuse them, and crowd them in a room, where they can't move, or be happy, or not sit and sleep where they have to use the restroom.
At least let them enjoy being an animal.
And I mean, though there isn't a nice way to kill them, is it really needed to come along and slit there throats while they are still living? Or to try an crush their skull?
I mean, just because they're animals, doesn't mean that they don't feel anything.

So, I think that if they changed the conditions they force them to live in, and if they were les butal in killing methods. That would at least help.
Squid.
Squid.

Blog
January 12th, 2011 at 02:16pm
Frank Anthony Iero.:
Nada.:

And Frank Iero, agreed.

You don't have to support them "shoving veg'an down your throat" to support other things.
I do have low iron being anemic, so I need that protein, so if I were to become a vegetarian, I wouldn't get everything I need.

You could.
But being anemic. It would be way hard. WAY.
And so I get that.
Health comes before.
It would be stupid for it to not.
Raina Lupa
Addict
Raina Lupa
January 12th, 2011 at 02:33pm
Nada, have you ever stopped to think for one second about animal welfare regulations when it comes to the slaughter of livestock for meat? Believe me, it is under very strict authority from DEFRA (in the UK) and vets to ensure that the animals are killed as quickly and humanely as possible.
Dana.
This Board Is My Home
Dana.

Blog
January 12th, 2011 at 09:11pm
Nada.:
Frank Anthony Iero.:
Nada.:

And Frank Iero, agreed.

You could.
And so I get that.
Health comes before.
It's good that you understand that. I sometimes have purely vegetarian meals because I'm tired of eating meat, but I could never be a vegetarian all the time.
Squid.
Squid.

Blog
January 12th, 2011 at 09:33pm
Frank Anthony Iero.:
Nada.:
Frank Anthony Iero.:
Nada.:

And Frank Iero, agreed.

You could.
And so I get that.
Health comes before.
It's good that you understand that. I sometimes have purely vegetarian meals because I'm tired of eating meat, but I could never be a vegetarian all the time.

Anyone who would say that isn't a valid reason is stupid.
And I am sure that lots of PETA people say that.
But, it's whatever.
There are just poeple who know where the line is, and those who have no clue.
Squid.
Squid.

Blog
January 12th, 2011 at 09:34pm
Raina Lupa:
Nada, have you ever stopped to think for one second about animal welfare regulations when it comes to the slaughter of livestock for meat? Believe me, it is under very strict authority from DEFRA (in the UK) and vets to ensure that the animals are killed as quickly and humanely as possible.

In the UK.
Alright.
That's the UK.
I don't live in the UK though.
Raina Lupa
Addict
Raina Lupa
January 13th, 2011 at 02:55am
Nada.:
Raina Lupa:

In the UK.
Alright.
That's the UK.
Stop splitting hairs. It's not exclusive to the UK, duh.

Anywhere in the developed world, there are animal rights regulations. It's part of being civilised, sheesh.
Squid.
Squid.

Blog
January 13th, 2011 at 05:22pm
Raina Lupa:
Nada.:
Raina Lupa:

In the UK.
Alright.
That's the UK.

Anywhere in the developed world, there are animal rights regulations. It's part of being civilised, sheesh.

Yeah, okay.
Well, don't act like because there are rules, people follow them.
There is pleanty of proff that these rules are broken.
Rules and regulations, right..
Raina Lupa
Addict
Raina Lupa
January 13th, 2011 at 06:36pm
Nada.:
Raina Lupa:
Nada.:
Raina Lupa:

In the UK.
Alright.
That's the UK.

Yeah, okay.
Meat is pretty big business, that's under strict control. Stop mouthing off about a subject you clearly have no knowledge of. Do some research or shut up.
NIK JONUTZ
NIK JONUTZ

Blog
January 13th, 2011 at 06:36pm
oh snap
Squid.
Squid.

Blog
January 13th, 2011 at 07:08pm
Raina Lupa:
Nada.:
Raina Lupa:
Nada.:
Raina Lupa:

In the UK.
Alright.
That's the UK.

Yeah, okay.
Meat is pretty big business, that's under strict control. Stop mouthing off about a subject you clearly have no knowledge of. Do some research or shut up.

Can I ask you to please find a list of these rules/regulations that state how an animal must be killed in the most humane way possible?
And then post it here, or attach a link or something?
Thank you.
NIK JONUTZ
NIK JONUTZ

Blog
January 13th, 2011 at 07:09pm
why can't you google it?
just wondering
Squid.
Squid.

Blog
January 13th, 2011 at 07:19pm
I might find something.
But chances are, she will have something to say about the one I find.
Or it wont be right.
So i want it from her, so I know exactly what she is talking about.
Because I apparently know nothing.
wanderlust
Addict
wanderlust

Mibba Blog
January 13th, 2011 at 08:58pm
omg, she's just suggesting that you look into what the regulations are in the US, it's a government controlled, country-wide thing, so finding a good source by googling probably wouldn't be THAT HARD.
Raina Lupa
Addict
Raina Lupa
January 14th, 2011 at 05:06am
Google is your friend. I have to learn half this legislation stuff at uni, I'm not regurgitating the whole thing for you because you're too lazy to go read for yourself.

DEFRA (UK)

EC, formerly EEC (EU)

AFAC (Canada)

Humane Slaughter Act (US)

I can't remember off the top of my head what the governing body is called in the US, but there ya go for now.
Squid.
Squid.

Blog
January 14th, 2011 at 12:49pm
Okay,
So after reading that.
There is no way that you can say that is done.
I mean, for real.

Honestly.
How is slitting the throat of a living animal humane as possible, and cause as little pain as they can?

And how is skinng something while it's still alive doing so?
NIK JONUTZ
NIK JONUTZ

Blog
January 14th, 2011 at 01:27pm
this thread should seriously just be locked
no one is even talking about peta anymore at all
Squid.
Squid.

Blog
January 14th, 2011 at 03:31pm
Uhm, it's about what PETA supports.
And that is to stop getting animals throats slit open while they are still alive.
NIK JONUTZ
NIK JONUTZ

Blog
January 14th, 2011 at 03:41pm
but no one is mentioning peta
all of this could have been talked about in the veggie thread
you pretty much just moved from being attacked in that thread to being attacking in this one
it's pointless
Register