Drinking age

AuthorMessage
~TheAmericanIdiot~
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
~TheAmericanIdiot~
August 21st, 2005 at 01:07am
GreenDayIsBetter:
I would like to know what you all think the legal drinking age should be. Personally, I think it should be 18. If the government thinks you're old enough and mature enough to smoke cigarettes, get married, have sex and have children, then how can they not think you're old and mature enough to drink alcohol? It doesn't make any sense to me. It used to be 18 and I'm not entirely sure why they raised it. If they're that adamant about keeping it at 21, then I think they should raise the age at which you can smoke, get married, have sex and have kids to 21. I just think it should all be at the same time. It doesn't make sense for drinking to be the last thing you can do, 3 years after you can get married and have kids. So tell me what you think.

resonable but you have 1 fact wrong. The government does not care when u have sex and have kids but anyways i think the drinking age is fine where it is. Why let people start forming the horible habit of obsesive drinking when the could use the xtra time they would waste drinking in school or sumthink alot more usefull and helthy?
*unwanted*
Jackass
*unwanted*
August 21st, 2005 at 06:02am
even if they raise the drinking age, miners will still drink.. People will still drink while driving..

the only thing I can come up with as a good reason to reise it, is that miners shouldn't feel the hangover lmfao omg, don't mind me, I am one of those with the hangover today Laughing
newagecarny
Was Here Two Weeks Ago
newagecarny

Mibba
August 21st, 2005 at 08:17am
I often drink, but I don't think it's a special issue, cause I am aware of the things that could happen if I drink 2 much. So I don't.
Toastboy
Jackass
Toastboy
August 21st, 2005 at 02:24pm
~TheAmericanIdiot~:
GreenDayIsBetter:
I would like to know what you all think the legal drinking age should be. Personally, I think it should be 18. If the government thinks you're old enough and mature enough to smoke cigarettes, get married, have sex and have children, then how can they not think you're old and mature enough to drink alcohol? It doesn't make any sense to me. It used to be 18 and I'm not entirely sure why they raised it. If they're that adamant about keeping it at 21, then I think they should raise the age at which you can smoke, get married, have sex and have kids to 21. I just think it should all be at the same time. It doesn't make sense for drinking to be the last thing you can do, 3 years after you can get married and have kids. So tell me what you think.

resonable but you have 1 fact wrong. The government does not care when u have sex and have kids but anyways i think the drinking age is fine where it is. Why let people start forming the horible habit of obsesive drinking when the could use the xtra time they would waste drinking in school or sumthink alot more usefull and helthy?
ha ur ava is class
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
August 22nd, 2005 at 08:57pm
i think a drinking age shouldt just be based on your age,think about it,there are people that are very mature and 21 and there are total idiots who are going to drink and drive and cause a severe accident, there is also mature and responsiable 16 year olds who would handle it better then most 21 year olds. its an issuse that really is hard to decide on,age doesnt always reflect intelligance, but sadly you cant look at someone and say"oh you are immature and are going to get drunk and cause a wreck"it wont work like that, and that sucks.
ForgottenShadow
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
ForgottenShadow
August 23rd, 2005 at 07:16am
it doens tmatter how old u r theres still gonna b immature ppl but if the age woz a little older then there might not b as many immature ppl but more of them would hav grown up and become more mature
snowcherry
King For A Couple Of Days
snowcherry
August 23rd, 2005 at 08:35am
In my country you're allowed to drink when you're 16.

But, I think it doesn't matter, 'cause if you want to drink, you can get sth, not matter if you're allowed or not.

Plus, there really are immature ppl at the age of.. dunno... 27, who drink too much. It's just about maturity, I think.
yeahdude
yeahdude
August 23rd, 2005 at 11:22am
I think that it depends ( in my country you can drink when you're 18 ), you know, there are people who shouldn't driknk even when they're 30 years old and there kid that are enough mature to drink when they're 12!
Anarchy in the UK
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Anarchy in the UK
August 24th, 2005 at 10:36am
yeahdude:
I think that it depends ( in my country you can drink when you're 18 ), you know, there are people who shouldn't driknk even when they're 30 years old and there kid that are enough mature to drink when they're 12!
totally agree!! some people are idiots at 18. and are not mature enough for that 'responsibility'.. the UKs drinkin ages is 18 and every thin els is 16 xcept drivin which is 17..weird..
I Heart Bunney
Falling In Love With The Board
I Heart Bunney
August 24th, 2005 at 11:05am
I think 18, is about the right age.
Purple Rain
Purple Rain
August 26th, 2005 at 10:10am
I don't think it matters. No one follows it anyway.
kolourmekinky
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
kolourmekinky
August 26th, 2005 at 01:49pm
I think that the drinking age should be lowered to nineteen, how it is in Canada...it would save me money, time, and effort, from having to schlep my ass up there... Cool
ancient
Had A Life Before GSB
ancient

Blog
August 26th, 2005 at 04:28pm
*unwanted*:
well, does the law make any difference at all?
I've been drinking since I was like 13, I have no problem to get a friend of my to buy or I can just buy it myself..

why would you admit that? Confused
[XxXflowerfairyXxX]
[XxXflowerfairyXxX]
August 26th, 2005 at 06:04pm
I drink whenever i want to. It isn't an issue. it's a dumb law.
**Billie Joe Rocks**
Geek
**Billie Joe Rocks**
September 1st, 2005 at 11:56am
i drink whenever the hell i want too
rock00chick
Geek
rock00chick
September 1st, 2005 at 12:15pm
it really depends on where you live to what the legal age for certain things are...but i also think it's weird that you can learn to fly a plane at any age, but you cannot learn to drive a car until you're 17...
Baguelle
Baguelle
September 2nd, 2005 at 12:22am
18 is a good age. You can do anything else at that age so why not? Why make a person wait 3 damn years to smoke a death stick? Sure.
Ilse
Falling In Love With The Board
Ilse
September 3rd, 2005 at 09:14pm
I think 21 is a good age. But the thing is, kids are still able to obtain alcohol.

As for England, I don't really think 18 is an approriate age. You're just fresh out of high school and you don't know your limits.
Baguelle
Baguelle
September 3rd, 2005 at 09:29pm
September_has_Ended:
I think 21 is a good age. But the thing is, kids are still able to obtain alcohol.

As for England, I don't really think 18 is an approriate age. You're just fresh out of high school and you don't know your limits.
True but I still think 21 is a long time.
mikeluvva
Geek
mikeluvva
September 5th, 2005 at 10:59am
i think it should be 18 but they should have tighter rules be cause i'm only 15 and i almost died from alchohol poisoning and liver damage because i drank alot. so i think everyone should have to have a id and be asked for one if they look under 21.
Register