Prejudice towards Christians

AuthorMessage
Faith
Addict
Faith
January 7th, 2006 at 06:30pm
Incubus:
Presonlly I think religion is the root of all evil.
God has to be the most unpleasent fictional charactor of all time.
But even with overwhelming evidence to show that supreme beings cannot exist people still keep buying into this God delusion.

As I said a shitload of times before - Faith and Religion are seperate things. Religious people do not necessarily believe in God, and people who do believe do not necessarily follow a religion.
Chrisitianity often turns God into this freaks that pretty much hates everyone. Maybe that's what God is, maybe not. But what I'm saying is that religion and God don't necessarily go hand in hand, you know..
Incubus
Jackass
Incubus
January 7th, 2006 at 06:41pm
Faith:
Incubus:
But even with overwhelming evidence to show that supreme beings cannot exist people still keep buying into this God delusion.

As I said a shitload of times before - Faith and Religion are seperate things. Religious people do not necessarily believe in God, and people who do believe do not necessarily follow a religion.
Chrisitianity often turns God into this freaks that pretty much hates everyone. Maybe that's what God is, maybe not. But what I'm saying is that religion and God don't necessarily go hand in hand, you know..

Most religions use God though.
Growing up I was forced into the catholic regilion where i was always told "act a certain way or God will punish you".
If people want to believe in whatever they can, no ones gonna stop them but what i don't agree with is mass organised religons, i think they need to be seriously reveiwed and either dismissed or become optional, so parents can't just force their children to join because they have
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
January 7th, 2006 at 06:41pm
i completely agree with you ...
Bamboozler
Idiot
Bamboozler
January 7th, 2006 at 06:52pm
I think most religions contradict themselves so people become confused. Then they start blaming other religions for faults and things. Basically, people want to be ignorant and think they believe in the perfect religion because sometimes it's all they have to keep going.

I don't think that really made any sense.
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
January 7th, 2006 at 06:54pm
Bamboozler:
I think most religions contradict themselves so people become confused. Then they start blaming other religions for faults and things. Basically, people want to be ignorant and think they believe in the perfect religion because sometimes it's all they have to keep going.

I don't think that really made any sense.

i completely agree with you also that religion contradict themselves or atleast "religious" people
Faith
Addict
Faith
January 7th, 2006 at 08:27pm
Incubus:
Faith:
Incubus:

Growing up I was forced into the catholic regilion where i was always told "act a certain way or God will punish you".
If people want to believe in whatever they can, no ones gonna stop them but what i don't agree with is mass organised religons, i think they need to be seriously reveiwed and either dismissed or become optional, so parents can't just force their children to join because they have

Religions are optional. Parents choose to make their kids join, and that's pretty damn sad, but when you're old enough to make your own choice, you can give the religion up.

I believe in God, but I don't believe in all the shit that most religions say about Them. I have no religion and I'm quite happy about it, thank you very much. If you have a religion and you're happy with it - great! I just don't like it when people say that their religion is the perfect reflection of the truth 'cuz no one really knows who or what God is and so far I really haven't seen a God-based religion that wouldn't contradict itself...
_X_Vegas_X_
Geek
_X_Vegas_X_

Mibba
January 7th, 2006 at 09:37pm
I don't think hatred is acceptable to Christians. We do it, but it is not acceptable. It really isn't acceptable to hate on anyone, once again we do it. It's like one of us is just so perfect, that it is perfectly acceptable to be predjudice against anyone we please. We are all flawed. Who are we to point out somebody elses flaws? Christians aren't supposed to say "OH THAT'S HORRIBLE CURSE YOU". If you ever meet a good Christian, they won't do that. But certain Christians do that to people and it's wrong. We are all to blame for the messed up shiz in this world is everyones fault. Man Kind creates it's own problems, and the don't give a shiz to fix them. We are self destructive. Only a few people want to fix things, but it takes a whole world. I just don't think blaming any group is ever gonna' do us any good, therefor I find it unacceptable. I could write a whole bunch more that many of us would get mad, because it bullied them, and remember I used the word WE which includes ME. Well, that's what I think so there.

Lyzz
robotchicken.
Falling In Love With The Board
robotchicken.

Mibba
January 7th, 2006 at 11:11pm
I think religons make up lies about God personally o_o
God didnt come here to make religions at least I dont think. He just came he to save us from Hell.
and saying "You better behave or God will punish you!" is just a way for your parents to get you under control Rolling Eyes I dont believe God punishes you for running around a house T_T
dysLEXIa
King For A Couple Of Days
dysLEXIa
January 7th, 2006 at 11:45pm
See, this is why I'm slipping in my faith. I'm a Christian (meaning, I beleive that Jesus is the son of god and died for my sins on the cross), but I don't go to church anymore and I don't pray, or worship.

And it's not right to hate on anyone. I don't hate on any religion, whether they believe or not. I'm not oging to say "My religion can kick your religion's ass!" or anything like that. And when people realize that, they dont' discriminate my religion. It's all opinion (deja vu? God, it's gonna become my trademark). Believe what you want to believe, think what you want to think, you're still you. And in America, you can go out and worship the tree in your front yard if you wanted to.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
January 8th, 2006 at 06:36am
Whatsername_:
See, this is why I'm slipping in my faith. I'm a Christian (meaning, I beleive that Jesus is the son of god and died for my sins on the cross), but I don't go to church anymore and I don't pray, or worship.

And it's not right to hate on anyone. I don't hate on any religion, whether they believe or not. I'm not oging to say "My religion can kick your religion's ass!" or anything like that. And when people realize that, they dont' discriminate my religion. It's all opinion (deja vu? God, it's gonna become my trademark). Believe what you want to believe, think what you want to think, you're still you. And in America, you can go out and worship the tree in your front yard if you wanted to.

LMFAO.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 8th, 2006 at 07:50am
Incubus:

Most, but certainly not all. Wink
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
January 8th, 2006 at 08:04am
Bloodraine:
Incubus:

Most, but certainly not all. Wink

Yuhum.
Incubus
Jackass
Incubus
January 9th, 2006 at 05:59pm
Faith:

Religions are optional. Parents choose to make their kids join, and that's pretty damn sad, but when you're old enough to make your own choice, you can give the religion up.

If your parents choose for you its not really an option though. It would be better if you had to wait until you were 18 before joining a religion, but then people would object to that in case the child dies without being baptised and would go to purgatory or hell or whatever...oh I don't know, fecken hard to keep everyone happy.
I wonder if the person who invented religion realised all the trouble he would cause...
romantic_nightmare
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
romantic_nightmare
January 10th, 2006 at 08:30pm
I only dislike christianity because in the Bible it says it's wrong for the same sex...to well...have sex...although most Christians are open to the fact that there are a lot of gay christians...but, still the Bible says(not in these exact words) that gays go to hell...i just dont think that's right...
romantic_nightmare
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
romantic_nightmare
January 10th, 2006 at 08:31pm
Oh...and my parents do force me to be hypocritical since im gay(well half gay) and im in a religion that's saying im going to hell....that's ironic...
robotchicken.
robotchicken.

Mibba
January 10th, 2006 at 09:24pm
xoGDfanox:
Oh...and my parents do force me to be hypocritical since im gay(well half gay) and im in a religion that's saying im going to hell....that's ironic...
half gay? You mean bisexual?
In the Old Testament it said you go to Hell, new it says you can repent.
But I dont think you'd want to repent.
Unless you do?

Mibba Blog
January 11th, 2006 at 11:25am
xoGDfanox:
I only dislike christianity because in the Bible it says it's wrong for the same sex...to well...have sex...although most Christians are open to the fact that there are a lot of gay christians...but, still the Bible says(not in these exact words) that gays go to hell...i just dont think that's right...

If you really want to be smart, it could be argued that the human who wrote that particular part of the Bible is to blame. Not the whole of Christianity.
#deadbeat #
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
#deadbeat #
January 11th, 2006 at 01:31pm
ok . the whole Christianity thing has been driving me NUTS , which is weird because i happen to be christian myself. the thing is its getting harder and harder for me to believe (or rather to pay attention and obey) EVERYTHING the Bible says. so i end up swearing and i actually have a very religious frined who keeps telling me not to swear but i doubt shell get me to stop....im confused.... the whole thing is just so subjective .. its not like you are or youre not. theres stuff in between .... its definitely not right to discriminate tho..
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
January 11th, 2006 at 01:34pm
Welcome to GSB Wink
Incubus
Jackass
Incubus
January 11th, 2006 at 02:22pm
You know what I recently noticed, the prejudice from other religious groups against Christians is nothing compared to the prejudice christians have against each other. Or it is where I live anyway.
I saw on the news yesterday that protestant couples aren't aloud to adopt catholic children and catholics aren't aloud adopt protestants.
Now this way sound quite reasonable because that way the child would be brought up in his/her own religion. Which is why I think it a bit odd that citizens with a completely different religions are aloud adopt both Catholics and protestants.
I'd like to think that there is some perfectly locial reason of this but I don't think there is, I think it's just living proof of how much catholics and protestants hate each other in this country.
Register