Prejudice towards Christians

AuthorMessage
FUCK GSB
Banned
FUCK GSB
December 25th, 2005 at 04:19am
ExtraodinaryGirl:
There is no just reason to hate something that is uncomprehendable.

You have every right to disagree with me. You do not- however- have the same right to insult me, insult my beliefs, disrespect me, disrespect my beliefs, insulting and disrespecting some of the most important people in my life, as well as discriminating against people for the simple reason that they have different beliefs than you.

Have you not read it the twenty+ times I've said I don't care if you have the same beliefs as mine? Have whatever beliefs you want, but don't hate others for having different beliefs, don't be disrespectfull just because you don't agree.

it's impossible not to disrespect religions......i'm disrespecting extremist-muslims because i live in america.....i disrespect jesus because i say things like fuck.
you disrespect me because of things in your religion.
do you see this? cause it's impossible to avoid.
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
December 25th, 2005 at 04:47am
People purpsfully insult AND disrespect me with no regrets, though by acting as though my religion is evil. People go out of their way to discriminate against a certian religion.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Falling In Love With The Board
Nine_Inch_Nails
December 25th, 2005 at 05:13am
Sheepo@_@:
ExtraodinaryGirl:

I KNOW people have a certian STEREOTYPE of Christians. That is what I am argueing. That stereotyping is unjust and not right and shouldn't happen. If you disagree with that- I don't even know WHAT to suggest for you.

They judge Christians and some judge wiccans[ex] as being evil. I hate when some people judge christians as being hypocritcal because I am personally not a hypocrite about things. People do that with wiccans. "Oh youre a wiccan?!?! You devil worshiper!" See it happens with every religion. People judge oh so very quickly. [didnt want to offened any one with that example]

Exactly. I'm pretty open with my religion. I'll give a tarot reading to anyone who wants one. I'll talk about it with anyone interested, or wants to know more. But there's this guy in my history class, and he hasn't a fucking clue, everytime he sees me, even in class he just yells out WITCH or DEVIL WORSHIPPER and makes the cross sign with his fingers. He's so fucking cruel.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
December 25th, 2005 at 05:14am
ExtraodinaryGirl:
People purpsfully insult AND disrespect me with no regrets, though by acting as though my religion is evil. People go out of their way to discriminate against a certian religion.

I don't. I hope I don't anyway. I'm sorry if anything I said was taken offensively, I didn't mean it to.
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
December 25th, 2005 at 06:13am
Nine_Inch_Nails:
ExtraodinaryGirl:

I don't. I hope I don't anyway. I'm sorry if anything I said was taken offensively, I didn't mean it to.

Not you. You're one of the people on this forum I really respect, because you can voice your opinion without being rude about it.
Faith
Addict
Faith
December 25th, 2005 at 07:12am
ExtraodinaryGirl:

You have every right to disagree with me. You do not- however- have the same right to insult me, insult my beliefs, disrespect me, disrespect my beliefs, insulting and disrespecting some of the most important people in my life, as well as discriminating against people for the simple reason that they have different beliefs than you.

Have you not read it the twenty+ times I've said I don't care if you have the same beliefs as mine? Have whatever beliefs you want, but don't hate others for having different beliefs, don't be disrespectfull just because you don't agree.

What's so incomprehensible about religion?...I think everything is perfectly comrehensible there.

I don't have the right to insult you? And you have a right to insult me ("narrow-minded and stereotypical"Wink...Okay, so, again, how are you not hypocritycal?
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
December 25th, 2005 at 07:35am
Faith:
ExtraodinaryGirl:

What's so incomprehensible about religion?...I think everything is perfectly comrehensible there.

I don't have the right to insult you? And you have a right to insult me ("narrow-minded and stereotypical"Wink...Okay, so, again, how are you not hypocritycal?

Explain Christianity to me. I AM a Christian and I can't explain it.

You don't have the right to insult me based on nothing but my personal religios beliefs- nor does anybody else on the planet. You don't have the right to hate a religion just because it's that specific religion- nor does anybody else on earth.

Each comment you have made on here had been narrow-minded and stereotypical. You are stereotyping Christians, and you are automatically judging all Christians and saying you hate Christianity- which is narrow-minded.

If I were being hypocrytical, I would be saying this: 'All _______s(insert religion on line) are evil.' 'I hate _________(insert religion on line)

I am trying to get you to realize it is narrow-minded and stereotypical(make a carefull note, I am not calling YOU narrow-minded or stereotypical)to hate a religion and to judge all people who follow that religion. I am saying people shouldn't judge people based on their religion. I am saying people shouldn't go out of their way to be disrespectfull to someone just because they don't have the same personal beliefs as you do.

Just because a certian religion works for you, doesn't mean it works for other people. It is a fact that there is not one religion that is right for all people- that includes Muslim, Wiccan, Christianity, Judiesm, Athiesm, etc...., and just because I am a Christian does not make me not worthy of you.

Like I said, I haven't judged anyone on here based on their beliefs, I judge how I feel about and look at people based on what they say.
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
December 25th, 2005 at 07:35am
If you think everything in religion is comprehensable, you don't know the first thing about religion.
Faith
Addict
Faith
December 25th, 2005 at 07:57am
Christinaity is a system of traditious rituals, something you follow, a set of rules. God is incomprehesinble. Religion is not. If you don't understand that, you don't understand the difference between faith and religion.

You call all Christinaity opposers closed-minded and stereotypical - you make a generalization. Same thing as Christinaity opposers make. How are you better?

No one has a right to hate a religion? Really? Do I not have a right to hate cats too? What others rights are you gonna take away from me?
You're telling me that I can't judge you based on your religious beliefs. Yet, you judge me based on my religious beliefs.
So, how are you not hypocritical?

ExtraodinaryGirl:
I am trying to get you to realize it is narrow-minded and stereotypical(make a carefull note, I am not calling YOU narrow-minded or stereotypical)

ExtraodinaryGirl:
Each comment you have made on here had been narrow-minded and stereotypical

Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
December 25th, 2005 at 08:04am
She said the comments you made were narrowminded, not you.
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
December 25th, 2005 at 08:13am
Faith:
Christinaity is a system of traditious rituals, something you follow, a set of rules. God is incomprehesinble. Religion is not. If you don't understand that, you don't understand the difference between faith and religion.

You call all Christinaity opposers closed-minded and stereotypical - you make a generalization. Same thing as Christinaity opposers make. How are you better?

No one has a right to hate a religion? Really? Do I not have a right to hate cats too? What others rights are you gonna take away from me?
You're telling me that I can't judge you based on your religious beliefs. Yet, you judge me based on my religious beliefs.

ExtraodinaryGirl:
I am trying to get you to realize it is narrow-minded and stereotypical(make a carefull note, I am not calling YOU narrow-minded or stereotypical)

ExtraodinaryGirl:
Each comment you have made on here had been narrow-minded and stereotypical

lmfao lmfao lmfao

That isn't explaining Christianity, actually. Much more complex than that.

What are you on??? Have you READ ANY of my posts??? I am saying that when somebody hates a religion and automatically dislikes all followers of that religion, they are stereotyping and being narrow minded. I RESPECT A LOT OF PEOPLE WITH DIFFERENT BELIEFS THAN MINE. I RESPECT A LOT OF PEOPLE WITH DIFFERENT BELIEFS THAN MINE. I RESPECT A LOT OF PEOPLE WITH DIFFERENT BELIEFS THAN MINE. I RESPECT A LOT OF PEOPLE WITH DIFFERENT BELIEFS THAN MINE. I RESPECT A LOT OF PEOPLE WITH DIFFERENT BELIEFS THAN MINE. I RESPECT A LOT OF PEOPLE WITH DIFFERENT BELIEFS THAN MINE. I RESPECT A LOT OF PEOPLE WITH DIFFERENT BELIEFS THAN MINE. I RESPECT A LOT OF PEOPLE WITH DIFFERENT BELIEFS THAN MINE.
Is that enough times for you to read AND comprehend that? You haven't seemed to so far, even though I have pointed it out in each of my posts.

I AM JUDGING HOW I FEEL AT YOU AND HOW I LOOK AT YOU BASED ON WHAT YOU ARE SAYING.

I do not care if you are Christian, Athiest, Muslim or ANY OTHER RELIGION. It doesn't change the fact that stereotyping an entire religion is stereotypical.

You are putting words in my mouth, you aren't reading any of what I actually say, so until you do that and actually comprehend what I am saying, all you're going to read is what you want to read, which is me being a hypocrite. I am not judging you based on anything other than the fact that your comments on here have been completely narrow minded and hypocritical. My opinions on people are based on how they act, not what they believe in.

For example, I have great respect for Nine_Inch_Nails, I don't think the two of us have agreed on ANYTHING we have ever discussed. However, there is no narrow-mindedness or stereotyping or generalizing or unjust hating there. It manages to be intellegent, which can only work if two people in an arguement READ what the other is saying, not one person reading what they want to hear to start an arguement.
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
December 25th, 2005 at 08:14am
How was that a hypocritical saying?
I don't want people to be making narrow-minded and stereotypical comments.

You make narrow-minded and stereotypical comments.

What is hypocritical about that? Each comment you have made on this thread HAS been narrow-minded and stereotypical.
Faith
Addict
Faith
December 25th, 2005 at 08:28am
Well, if you are so despirate that you can't even try to prove me wrong, but just laugh and try to hide your helplessness with that - go ahead. Everything you said was self-contradictory. All I did was pointing that out.

And if you read my posts, you'd notice that I don't hate Christians. In fact, I showed that I go out of my way to show my respect towards them. I've backed up all of my argument without going into anger and showing why exactly I consider Christianity hypocritic.
If you can't debate and just choose to helplessly laugh at me - go ahead, I won't stop you. I know psychology too well to ignore the fact that your laugh is coming from despair.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
December 25th, 2005 at 08:41am
I think one of the reaons I feel so strongly about the mistreatment of Christinas is almost everyone I know is one...

The way I was raised was quite clever really, my parents encouraged me to respect others, be kind to people, stuff like that, but never ever did they teach me about God, Jesus, The Bible. So, in a sense, I was raised a Christian but left to find out for myself what religion was all about and not have it forced upon me.

Basically, none of the people I know are strongly Christian anyway, so I do not consider them hypocritical. So I have the best of both worlds really.
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
December 25th, 2005 at 10:49am
Okay, you don't read. It's pointless to argue with you because you don't read. All you do is make narrow-minded statements then bash others.

If anybody who is willing to read and make INTELLIGENT arguements to WHAT I SAID then please let me know.

Until then, Faith, I leave you with this:
Never try to have a debate if you aren't willing to argue what the other person actually says. All you are doing is repeating yourself(and what you're repeating isn't even true)
Telling you not to automatically judge people based on their religion is not contradicting me saying you are being narrow-minded.
Please grow up. Please stop putting words in my mouth. Please stop trying to argue things that nobody even said.
By the way, how am I desperate(note, you spelled 'desperate' wrong)? I am simply stating facts, stating my opinions, and getting a good laugh at how narrow-minded you are being, and how you aren't even replying to what I am saying.
So, until you learn how to debate well, goodbye.
(Just so you know, I did used to think you were the kind of person who could maturly state your opinions, good to know you work so hard to make sure people know when they are wrong)
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
December 25th, 2005 at 10:54am
By the way, what despair? I haven't been happier or in LESS despair since I was.... well, born. I got my best friend back, it's Christmas, I have gained the respect of people who I respect. So before you brag about knowing the physcology of somebody you don't know, oh, wait, here's an idea: Get to know them before JUDGING THEM.
That is all you have done. Judged me. Judged Christians. Which is unfair and unjust and narrow-minded and stereotypical. No matter how you say it.
I did debate, honey, after I laughed, I couldn't help laughing at somebody who has NO CLUE what they were talking about but tried so desperatly to make it look like they did.
You have not said why you consider Christians a hypocrite(by the way, that's a stereotype)all you have done is said I am a hypocrite. All you have done is judge me and other Christians.
How are you showing respect. "Them" is respectfull? Generalizing, stereotyping, that's respecting? Wow, I was taught that respect was treating people fairly. I have very screwed up views of how to respect people. The way I respected you until you started stereotyping.

So, here's all my despair from my now-good life:
*Edit- the smiley code didn't work. I was very happy and entertained, though*
Wow, I must be in some deep despair if I'm this happy.

By the way, you didn't reply to anything I said. Gee, that's a shocker, it's not like it's the FIRST time you've ignored what I actually said.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
December 25th, 2005 at 11:10am
This brings back memories of the 'Suicide and Self Harm' thread...Only this time it isn't me getting into an argument.
Faith
Addict
Faith
December 25th, 2005 at 11:13am
Yeah, you're absolutely right. I'm a narrow-minded fucked over stereotypical as fuck dumbass idiot who doesn't know shit about life. I have no right to walk the face of Earth. I should be shot for the sake of freeing the good people in the world from my presence. I'm disgusting, I suck and swallow. Put a dagger into my heart and turn it, throw salt into my wounds, stone me to death - that's all I deserve.
I should have never gotten into this conversation. You're a happy person, at peace with the world and yourself. And I'm just a little depressed emo slut with no family and no life, who's saying all this to attract attention and arrouse pity. Put me out, don't make me suffer. My hands are shaking, my pulse is speeding up and I'm starting to convulse from supressed tears. This would be such a great sarcastic joke if it wasn't true. "Oh, stop this shit, what does this have to do with our discussion? You never reply what I'm saying. I'm sure you don't even read it"
You're right, I'm wrong. I never had an opinion about Christians before this thread. I cleaned up my act in their presence and admired their devotion. I'm sorry I really didn't get the "Them" thing.

I hope this makes you even happier. You proved me wrong, knocked my down, threw me to my knees. I disgust you so badly now. Just one more person to be happy when I'm dead. I'd put your name on the list if I knew your name.
s0dapop_and_ritalin
Geek
s0dapop_and_ritalin
December 25th, 2005 at 07:16pm
Bloodraine:
Forgive me if this topic already exists in some way, shape or form.

For some time, I personally have noticed a growing trend (mostly in young people) in hatred towards Christianity. Nowadays, people are renouncing the Christian faith in favor of more unconventional religions. We seem all too eager to blame Christians for the world's problems. Can this be Justified?. I, personally, do not think it can. Christianity may have its faults, but the pros far outweigh the cons. Also, would this prejudice be considered un-acceptable if it were directed towards other faiths?.

I am curious to know other people's view on this subject.

im a christian...

but i find myself reluctantly going to church...

not praying anymore.

its pretty sad.
fancy pants
Post Whore
fancy pants
December 26th, 2005 at 12:26am
ExtraodinaryGirl:
fancy pants:
I am more inclined to dislike Christianity a lot more than other religions, but I think it's because I was raised in a Christian family, kind of, and that's what I'm expected to be. Even though I never went to church growing up. It was just known that we were all supposed to be Christians. And also, it's everywhere. It's the most common religion among people I know. And the whole idea of the religion and the bible and just everything associated with Christianity gets on my nerves to a degree.

The Bible*(sorry, I get obsessive over stuff like that, lol)

I find that completely unfair. Just because you were raised in a Christian family, and because it's common, doesn't make it any worse OR better than any other religion.
That's your opinion though. Whether or not something is better or worse than something else is entirely subjective. And life isn't fair. Everyone has their own bias. I'm not going to disrespect other religions that I know nothing about. People of those other religions aren't trying to pressure me into adopting their religion. Only pushy Christian organizations do that. And my family pushes me towards Christianity. And I don't like Christianity. I don't like religion at all. And trying to pressure me into it just makes me dislike it more.

And oh yeah, lol! It's so funneh dat u get obsessive over a letter that didn't get capitalized. On purpose. LAWLZ.

o_O
Register