copy basslines/chords of another song then change em a bit
Wow, that's real original Laughing
Diskoh
Falling In Love With The Board
Diskoh

Mibba
December 15th, 2006 at 06:32pm
whoa:
What works best for me is, being extremely emotional at that point. So far over that I feel as if I will burst. Then I sit and write something so that it evolves into a song. Sometimes they are good, other times not so much. The key is to be inspired.

I also do that. Retard

I only seem to write when I'm emotional, it's like my emotions are inspiring me.
Franny.
Franny.
December 15th, 2006 at 07:36pm
xXAmagadXx:
copy basslines/chords of another song then change em a bit

there's plagerism in music as well. some people actually sue. hopefully you don't follow your own advice too often.
strummer92
Jackass
strummer92
December 16th, 2006 at 02:19am
Contentbarrier.:
watch TV

watching tv is good for you when writing songs
and go for a walk..gives you a look at the world
threeam.
Geek
threeam.
January 13th, 2007 at 05:11pm
All I can say is you need some inspiration. The best songs come straight from your emotions, mind, soul, and your heart. Make sure you've got some kind of meaning behind it. And here's another tip, work on it. When I first started writing lyrics they were horrible. But don't give up. Learn from your mistakes and edit your lyrics until you're happy with them. Don't be mad at yourself if you end up not finishing a song because there are so many that I haven't finished. It can take a while to write something, or 5 minutes. Who knows. It just depends on what you think and how you get your words out there. Good luck you guys. =D
DudeO
King For A Couple Of Days
DudeO

Mibba
January 14th, 2007 at 01:29pm
Just play as many random frets as possible ^_^

lol, nah. Usually I start on one string and play random frets. If I like the sound I put it down. Then maybe later I'll find something that goes with it. So far.. I've written two things, The Rock Opera and Insomnia... but I'll be writing a lot more soon.

Basically record everything you like the sound of. Sooner or later something good will turn up.
The Evil Alchemist
Geek
The Evil Alchemist
February 7th, 2007 at 08:59pm
There are plenty of things out there to inspire for songs. My friends even inspire me and help with them a lot.
Complete Savage
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Complete Savage
April 20th, 2007 at 10:04am
Come up with a riff, add bass, add drums, than make up some lyrics that make sense and fit into the rhythm.
the-angel-and-the-jerk
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
the-angel-and-the-jerk
April 24th, 2007 at 12:32pm
I'm not all that good at writing songs either. But I did write this totally awesome song! All I did was use my feelings and Imagination! But if your songs sound totally crappy and pop like, adding distortion to the guitar could help it sound better! Don't give up
High Fidelity
High Fidelity
April 24th, 2007 at 04:27pm
Lyrics I just write how I'm feeling. I used to hate everything I wrote because I was always writing to please my band. Now I write for me and I'm much more comfortable with what I write. If I have a though, I jot it down and hope it turns into something.

Guitar wise, (even though I'm not very good at writing guitar stuff) I usually just come up with stuff when I'm just messing around. If something sounds good, I write it down and record it that way I don't forget.
The Fool On The Hill
Had A Life Before GSB
The Fool On The Hill
April 26th, 2007 at 10:42pm
At first I came up with stuff when I would listen to songs nad try to imitate the rythm then I would screw it up and come up with some other screwed up rhythm

That's all music is anyways. People are constantly ripping eachother off. Very Happy

I've been learning about scales so I came up with a little something from that.

And then I love playing with my fingers on the fretboard and just playing random fucked up chords I don't even know the name of and sometimes I get a cool sounding chord that I like and I try to do something more with it.

It's all trial and error. Very Happy
PaNcAkEs
Jackass
PaNcAkEs

Blog
May 6th, 2007 at 09:59am
writing songs for me is quite easy, just put some sort of emotion into it. I get my inspiration for listening to other bands. Its easier for me to write the text than the actual music, since i dont really think of the music when i'm writing...much. But what everyone else said.
St. Dude
St. Dude
May 23rd, 2007 at 06:05pm
I try to get inspiration from my life like a song of me being spoiled. Song name: S-P-O-I-L-E-D! I had the song for a few minutes and didn't write it down cuz I didnt like it. The two songs I wrote came from no where. They just popped in to my head and made sence.
totoro
Geek
totoro

Mibba
May 28th, 2007 at 08:15am
Fox
King For A Couple Of Days
Fox
May 30th, 2007 at 01:53pm
Best advice I can give you is listen to the radio, define why the songs getting played are all the same and boring, and avoid doing the same thing.

Seriously, a lot of modern songs these days are all the same generic shit.
St. Dude
St. Dude
June 19th, 2007 at 02:44am
iKissGirls.Disease:
that site is genius Clap
Macfadyen
Basket Case
Macfadyen
June 21st, 2007 at 03:20pm
Fox:
Best advice I can give you is listen to the radio, define why the songs getting played are all the same and boring, and avoid doing the same thing.

Seriously, a lot of modern songs these days are all the same generic shit.

lmfao It's so true.
Jay Tee
Had A Life Before GSB
Jay Tee

Mibba Blog
June 23rd, 2007 at 08:38am
If you really want to write a song, don't force it. It's near enough impossible (unless you're like Paul McCartney or something) to sit down when you're bored and write something good.

Have a pen and pad nearby and jot down anything that comes into your head when you think of it. Or write it out in a text message and save it on your phone until you get the chance to write it down. You never know what could come out of doing something like that. One line can just get your creative juices flowing and you're sorted.

One tip I read somewhere, is read newspapers. Not to use the stories as basis for lyrics, but looks through for catchy headlines or interesting captions or something. A song could pretty much be formed around that. David Bowie used that a lot, notably on Suffragette City (I think...)
St. Dude
St. Dude
June 24th, 2007 at 05:02am
Jay Tee:
Have a pen and pad nearby and jot down anything that comes into your head when you think about it.
thats exactly what i do Rolling Eyes
Protest the Hero.
Protest the Hero.
October 16th, 2007 at 11:13pm
Lyrics are easy for me, but I totally suck at making a rhythm for the lyrics.
Almost every rhythm I come up with seems to have already been done.

And by the way, I think lyrics should come first. The song, in my opinion, really is about what the lyrics say, so the music should reflect the lyrics.
Register