Do You Think The Idiot Club Is Worth The Money?

AuthorMessage
Bored To Death
Jackass
Bored To Death
July 17th, 2006 at 06:30pm
no, it is not... it's a waste of money paying 20 damn dollars monthly for a stupid idiot club
Forever
Addict
Forever
July 17th, 2006 at 06:41pm
I wish I could join the Idiot Club. Crying or Very sad
~tre's_lost_nut~
King For A Couple Of Days
~tre's_lost_nut~
July 17th, 2006 at 07:00pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
No One was bashing mods. I am however going to bash the club because it's a sham. We shouldnt need to have patience. I joined right when it opened. So basically this wholes years membership was a waste. If they didnt have everything done and ready, then they shouldnt have opened the club! It's as simple as that. It may be alot better in the furute, but Im paying now.

Well said.
I think the reason they opened so soon was that they wanted to have it open and ready just as the AI hype was at it's peak, so all the new crazed fans would throw their money at it while they were still completely obsessed.

It's like how nowadays a pretty big percentage of people on GSB don't even like Green Day anymore... if they'd waited and opened the Idiot Club later, they'd have missed that big wave of "OMG I LOVE GREEN DAY I GOTTA BUY ALL THE MERCH AND GET INTO THE FANCLUB!! YAYAYA!!!" sort of mania. O.o
OrangeMochaFrappuccino
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
OrangeMochaFrappuccino
July 17th, 2006 at 07:13pm
bored~to~death:
no, it is not... it's a waste of money paying 20 damn dollars monthly for a stupid idiot club
It's $20 yearly... not monthly... that's what I pay. I definately think it's well worth the money... that's just me though. Worth even more when they're giving away concert tickets.
Santa Billie
Falling In Love With The Board
Santa Billie
July 17th, 2006 at 07:16pm
Don't know if I already said this but

NO.
OrangeMochaFrappuccino
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
OrangeMochaFrappuccino
July 17th, 2006 at 07:25pm
All these people saying you don't need to join a club to prove you love Green Day aren't entirely correct. I didn't join to prove I love Green Day, I joined for the video and audio and other things that are available. They also have that contest where you can win auotgraphed things plus a chance to win concert tickets when available... I think it's worth the $20 a year that I'm paying.
Banach95
Banach95

Mibba Blog
July 17th, 2006 at 07:36pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
No One was bashing mods. I am however going to bash the club because it's a sham. We shouldnt need to have patience. I joined right when it opened. So basically this wholes years membership was a waste. If they didnt have everything done and ready, then they shouldnt have opened the club! It's as simple as that. It may be alot better in the furute, but Im paying now.

We'll just have to agree to disagree then Wink
Banach95
Banach95

Mibba Blog
July 17th, 2006 at 07:43pm
You know... I thought about WHY I am for the IC and WHY so many are against it... and I had an epiphany.

I am satisifed with the IC since I have gotten something out of it. I have the 'Over 30 Thread'. I have made friends and can talk with an older fan base. For that alone, the cost is worth it to me.

For someone else though... they may not have found what it is that makes it worth it to them.

And in that lies the problem...

I swear I won't break out the U2 song.... well... I lied...

"I still haven't found what I'm looking for" is what the IC means to the one who isn't happy.
Garrett Hanlund
This Board Is My Home
Garrett Hanlund

Mibba Blog
July 17th, 2006 at 07:50pm
For others, maybe. Not to me seeing as Green Day isn't one of my major bands anymore.
~tre's_lost_nut~
~tre's_lost_nut~
July 17th, 2006 at 07:58pm
sampalletband:
You know... I thought about WHY I am for the IC and WHY so many are against it... and I had an epiphany.

I am satisifed with the IC since I have gotten something out of it. I have the 'Over 30 Thread'. I have made friends and can talk with an older fan base. For that alone, the cost is worth it to me.

For someone else though... they may not have found what it is that makes it worth it to them.

"I still haven't found what I'm looking for" is what the IC means to the one who isn't happy.

wow... deep thoughts there. i get your point completely. =)
iamkiller
Basket Case
iamkiller

Mibba
July 17th, 2006 at 08:00pm
sampalletband:

I should mention that I'm a video whore, and I joined for the videos.

HELLO? VIDEOS? WE NEED MORE.
You know, we should get some good GD Sandwich pr0n for our wait.
Now that's my compromise.
iamkiller
Basket Case
iamkiller

Mibba
July 17th, 2006 at 08:02pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:

the picture area... is just... Gsb's will Pwn it.

AGREED Fizz THANKS. I do own the IC Raspa
Banach95
Banach95

Mibba Blog
July 17th, 2006 at 08:04pm
iamkiller:

Now that's my compromise

AMEN to that Moose....

*gets distracted by that bright shiny object*
iamkiller
Basket Case
iamkiller

Mibba
July 17th, 2006 at 08:09pm
sampalletband:
iamkiller:

Now that's my compromise

AMEN to that Moose....

*gets distracted by that bright shiny object*

HAHAHA. Word Up .. They have to win me back the RIGHT way.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
July 17th, 2006 at 09:23pm
iamkiller:
I_worship_tre_Cool:

Watch them try to steal everything you did,cause they will be jealous. Cool
iamkiller
Basket Case
iamkiller

Mibba
July 17th, 2006 at 09:28pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
iamkiller:
I_worship_tre_Cool:

Watch them try to steal everything you did,cause they will be jealous. Cool

MHM. WATCH Shocked I'LL BE FAMOUS.
will work for tacos
Geek
will work for tacos
July 17th, 2006 at 09:30pm
Butter The Nathan:
I find it pathetic that people feel the need to join a club just to prove themselfs worthy of being Green Day fans....Also to be honest I see it as a way of making more money (Like they need anymore)- That's my opinion...
freedumb
Idiot
freedumb
July 17th, 2006 at 09:31pm
E.B.P.M.:
Butter The Nathan:
I find it pathetic that people feel the need to join a club just to prove themselfs worthy of being Green Day fans....Also to be honest I see it as a way of making more money (Like they need anymore)- That's my opinion...
GDbitch
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
GDbitch
July 17th, 2006 at 09:52pm
well i joined the idiot club for some reason but the last time i went on was like 3 months ago since they don't update it anymore. there has to be new thigs to come up with. it's also rather annoying that if you don't like it THEY WON"T refund your money, so be careful.
iamkiller
Basket Case
iamkiller

Mibba
July 17th, 2006 at 10:01pm
robot pie:
E.B.P.M.:
Butter The Nathan:

Ah, don't be so grumpy.
Register