Atheism

AuthorMessage
Comic tragedy
Idiot
Comic tragedy
July 31st, 2006 at 12:15am
I don't consider it a religion, because there's nothing to believe in. As for the channeling hate for Christians, I don't. My whole family is Christian. So I can't hate them. Pros? Well, you can live your life to the fullest. Cons? It takes a lot to tell your friends that you don't believe in anything when they do (trust me on this one, people all around me are either Christian, Catholic, or in my best friend's case, Piscapalian), even as well as family (which I haven't gotten the balls to tell them yet, but they'll find out... eventually).

As for the heaven/hell thing, I don't believe in them either. There's no way to actually know whether they are there or not, because the only people who know are dead, and can't record anything. I don't really knows what happens when we die.
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
July 31st, 2006 at 06:02pm
Bloodraine:

What are the flaws of atheism?
I can see many. For one, there are no rules, just one belief. There is nothing to believe in, nothing to have faith in, almost nihilistic. I always think it is good to have some morals to live by or soething to guide you. Unfortunately, atheism does not give that.
it could to just live life the way you'd like to, make your own desicions and learn from mistakes?

i know everyone goes through that, but in other religions, they have 'guilelines' on how to live.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
July 31st, 2006 at 07:05pm
Kitti:
(I don't know much about Satanism though, so I'll leave that to someone who does).

Cool
Here is my views on Satanism, as with any religion, it depends on who you're talking to, this is how I view it.

Satanism has come to mean alot of different things based on who you talk to. Alot of false ideas have been created about it making people think it is so horrible, hating religion, it's not.

Alot of people group smaller religions together as Satanists because they are not as widely practiced and cause people to view them as something defying what God they believe in. Pagans, Taoists, Masons, and Wiccans are misatken for Satanists alot.

it's misconceptions like that which make Satanism such a tricky concept to grasp. To some people, it's the counter part to Christianity, in which Satan is the "god" who deserves praise and worship. None of the above do I consider Satanism.

The Satan in the religion Satanism, is nothing like the Satan in Christianity. He isn't an evil being or power. He isn't even a God Really, it's similar to the views of Buddhists. Satanists view themselves as the God of their lives. Satanists believe they are responaible for their lives, and no one redeems them from behaviors they commit (i.e. the Christain Savior jesus is non existant in Satanism. Santanism is associated with the Hatred of Christianity alot, but that depends on the Satanist at hands. The religions directly conflict each other in more way then one, so it isnt suprising really.

Satanism has sins as well, it isnt just a free for all religion, they actually do at a first glace, appear similar to Christianity, but to fully undersatnd the nine santanic sins, there is other things you must read first like the nine santanic statments and the 11 santanic rules, the nine sins are:
[list]Stupidity
Pretentiousness
Solipsism
Self-deceit
Herd Conformity
Lack of Perspective
Forgetfulness of Past Orthodoxies
Counterproductive Pride
Lack of Aesthetics[/list]

Satanism believes everyone is responsible for their life, and their problems shouldn't effect others. "No one should be protected from the effects of his own stupidity......in a Satanic society, everyone must experience the consequences of his own actions—for good or ill.
"

That was a quote from Anton Szandor LaVey, founder of the Church of Satan

thats the basis of Satanism, you are God. Thats why i find it funny it's viewed as a bad religon, and sacreligious towards Christians. It has no relation, the Satan they respect (note, I didnt say worship) is not the same Satan as the Satan in christianity. The Only hatred between the 2 religons would be that the each presumes the other to be false. Alot of Christian people think they worship Satan, and A.- they have a different Satan entierly, and B- they don't worship Satan. Worshipping anything would disobey the religious guidelines of Satanism.

I'm not saying this is the only correct type of Satanism, there is more than one, the word Satanism has come to mean so many things, but most of them are wrong and misconceptions. There is no definition of Satansim because the basis of the religion is you're god and you decide what is correct for you in your life, which leads in variations and individual interpritations of the religion.

Retard I wonder if anyone took the time to read that. I think Satanism sounds a bit self centered in my opinion, but I guess thats how it's intended.
Remarkable Rocket
Falling In Love With The Board
Remarkable Rocket
July 31st, 2006 at 09:27pm
I'm atheist.... Yeah. What you said about most atheists channeling their "hate" at christians... I think CAN be true.. which is why whenever people ask me my religion.. I just say "I don't have one.. I don't believe in a god..."

I completely respect other religions fully, and I find the study of religion to be very interesting.

When I stay with families.. they ask me if I want to go to their church service.. or.. I think it would be the temple judaism (correct me if I'm wrong..). But I've attended several Christian and Jewish ceremonies.

To me though.. for some reason.. I don't know why.. the thought of worshiping anything.. sort of creeps me out.
Remarkable Rocket
Remarkable Rocket
July 31st, 2006 at 09:31pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Kitti:
(I don't know much about Satanism though, so I'll leave that to someone who does).

Cool
Here is my views on Satanism, as with any religion, it depends on who you're talking to, this is how I view it.

Satanism has come to mean alot of different things based on who you talk to. Alot of false ideas have been created about it making people think it is so horrible, hating religion, it's not.

Alot of people group smaller religions together as Satanists because they are not as widely practiced and cause people to view them as something defying what God they believe in. Pagans, Taoists, Masons, and Wiccans are misatken for Satanists alot.

it's misconceptions like that which make Satanism such a tricky concept to grasp. To some people, it's the counter part to Christianity, in which Satan is the "god" who deserves praise and worship. None of the above do I consider Satanism.

The Satan in the religion Satanism, is nothing like the Satan in Christianity. He isn't an evil being or power. He isn't even a God Really, it's similar to the views of Buddhists. Satanists view themselves as the God of their lives. Satanists believe they are responaible for their lives, and no one redeems them from behaviors they commit (i.e. the Christain Savior jesus is non existant in Satanism. Santanism is associated with the Hatred of Christianity alot, but that depends on the Satanist at hands. The religions directly conflict each other in more way then one, so it isnt suprising really.

Satanism has sins as well, it isnt just a free for all religion, they actually do at a first glace, appear similar to Christianity, but to fully undersatnd the nine santanic sins, there is other things you must read first like the nine santanic statments and the 11 santanic rules, the nine sins are:
[list]Stupidity
Pretentiousness
Solipsism
Self-deceit
Herd Conformity
Lack of Perspective
Forgetfulness of Past Orthodoxies
Counterproductive Pride
Lack of Aesthetics[/list]

Satanism believes everyone is responsible for their life, and their problems shouldn't effect others. "No one should be protected from the effects of his own stupidity......in a Satanic society, everyone must experience the consequences of his own actions—for good or ill.
"

That was a quote from Anton Szandor LaVey, founder of the Church of Satan

thats the basis of Satanism, you are God. Thats why i find it funny it's viewed as a bad religon, and sacreligious towards Christians. It has no relation, the Satan they respect (note, I didnt say worship) is not the same Satan as the Satan in christianity. The Only hatred between the 2 religons would be that the each presumes the other to be false. Alot of Christian people think they worship Satan, and A.- they have a different Satan entierly, and B- they don't worship Satan. Worshipping anything would disobey the religious guidelines of Satanism.

I'm not saying this is the only correct type of Satanism, there is more than one, the word Satanism has come to mean so many things, but most of them are wrong and misconceptions. There is no definition of Satansim because the basis of the religion is you're god and you decide what is correct for you in your life, which leads in variations and individual interpritations of the religion.

Retard I wonder if anyone took the time to read that. I think Satanism sounds a bit self centered in my opinion, but I guess thats how it's intended.

I read it! HAHA! My brother used to have a satanic Bible.. not for worshiping reasons.. I actually can't remember why he had it.

But we were talking about it... and he said that the Satanic bible says you are your own higher-power.

In theory.. to me.. that doesn't sound EVIL.....

But I agree.. it sounds quite self-centered.
Biffy Clyro
Basket Case
Biffy Clyro
August 1st, 2006 at 07:50am
i dont think atheism is responsible for anti-religious messages. i honestly believe that the people responsible for these were actually religious but then had a problem with their religion and got out and they are spreading anti-religion propeganda. i may be wrong, but thats what i think.
Gilly the Goldfish
Jackass
Gilly the Goldfish
August 4th, 2006 at 09:49am
I'm not s religious person. I belive that there could be seomthing out there but I'm not an agnostic either, i'm caught between that and aithiesm...well put it this way Idont believe in God
anti-christ of suburbia
Idiot
anti-christ of suburbia

Mibba
August 4th, 2006 at 10:48am
im an atheist, but i dont channel hate at christians or any other religion for that reason. i dont hate christians, their religion and history just seems so contradictory to me, and then some of them try to force you to be the same as them, and those are the ones i hate
dirtyhippie
Geek
dirtyhippie
August 4th, 2006 at 02:08pm
WAIT A MINNIT!!
Expressway To Yr Skull:
ixlovexbilliexjoe:
I don't consider Atheism a religion because it doesn't believe in any kind of God. I do think Atheism is behind a lot of anti-Christian sentiments, which I find awfully... I don't know the word. I'm not really sure of the benefits. The flaw is, like it was said, there are no, morals or things to live by.
Do you consider Buddhism a religion?

Buddhist time folks: Buddhism is a faith of many different sects and such. Whether or not a Buddhist believes in a higher power is up to him. It's kinda vague, from what i've found. Personally, I don't really buy into the existence of a really big dude that has mad superpowers.

I did come up with a notion that God is the atom. It was late, I was tired. It made a lot of sense.

Anyway, Buddhist time is over. Carry on.
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
August 11th, 2006 at 11:23am
I'm a Hindu. For a while, I did question the existance of God. But you know what? no God was kind of like no hope. No one to talk to when you're really down or lost. No one to beg for help when only God can help you. No one to thank when the best thing in the world just happened to you.

Atheism is simply that. No God. No Being. No Almighty Whorl of Light. Just science. While I am a science geek, there's two sides to the argument.

You have to believe in God within reason. God combines with science, from my point of view. While many athiests denounce religion for the simple reason that some things are simply silly or that there's no proof or reason, they're also eschewing hope. Perhaps they have some other way of hope.

People look to the stars for hope and the future. To me, there's someone out there who stripped gases of their electrons to create those stars. As for as I know (which isn't very), an atheist doesn't have that. Just plasma. its just...there. The difference between existing and living.

Maybe some atheists have hope that doesn't come in the form of God. I wouldn't know...
Squid.
King For A Couple Of Days
Squid.

Blog
October 15th, 2009 at 05:47pm
If Atheism isn't a religion,
Then Catholic isn't either.
Or any others for that matter.

However, I don't think that it's understood correctly.
People offten take the title of Athiest..
Just because they aren't a believer of say, the catholic god.

I also think that some teen's think it's just cool, or different to say that they are, and really they don't understand Atheism to it's full extent.

[IHopeThatThisAllMadeMySenseAsItDidInMyHead.Haha]
The Last Firstborn.
Addict
The Last Firstborn.
October 16th, 2009 at 12:49am
Atheism isn't a religion, it is the absence of religion. I'm assuming you're referring to atheists as often ridiculing Christians the most. That's a matter of perspective, but I don't think so. They usually tend to stay out of the matter, and not have any say, or say depending if they want their views shared or not. One can still have morals and not believe in a God. Atheism can hold morals and beliefs without having to believe in any deity. There's been so many religions with different Gods that it seems hard to choose which fits the person best. Each religion today had it's pagan counterpart, so really there's no new story, it's just another name given to that deity. I've read "The God Delusion" by Richard Dawkins, and I must admit it was an interesting read, at the moment I am reading his most recent book "The Greatest Show On Earth". Anyway, my point being that atheism isn't bad at all. In fact they embrace life, more than embracing death.
Squid.
Squid.

Blog
October 22nd, 2009 at 11:28pm
Catholic isn't a religion.
If you're to say that Atheism isn't...
It's not equal Rolling Eyes
XxWistfulxX
Jackass
XxWistfulxX
October 23rd, 2009 at 07:59am
I believe in God-i believe everything the Bible says.
sorted
Squid.
Squid.

Blog
October 31st, 2009 at 07:53pm
Why though?
What makes you believe it's true?
Willow
Geek
Willow
October 31st, 2009 at 09:06pm
the problem with atheism is that there isn't a specific set of rules to live by. they can make their own up. plus there needs to be some fear of God or karma that deters bad behavior.
Incubus
Jackass
Incubus
October 31st, 2009 at 09:49pm
Willow:
the problem with atheism is that there isn't a specific set of rules to live by. they can make their own up.

Yeah, cause atheists don't have to live by the laws of the country they live in, or anything like that...

plus there needs to be some fear of God or karma that deters bad behavior.

Yeah, because prisons are full of atheists while religious people never cause any trouble.
Oh wait, no. Atheists make up less than 1% of America's* prison population where as studies show that the most "Christian' parts of the United States -the South and Midwest- have the highest rates of crime, including murder.

*Just using America because it's the easiest to get statistics on.
Willow
Geek
Willow
October 31st, 2009 at 10:23pm
Incubus:
Willow:
the problem with atheism is that there isn't a specific set of rules to live by. they can make their own up.

Yeah, cause atheists don't have to live by the laws of the country they live in, or anything like that...

plus there needs to be some fear of God or karma that deters bad behavior.

Yeah, because prisons are full of atheists while religious people never cause any trouble.
Oh wait, no. Atheists make up less than 1% of America's* prison population where as studies show that the most "Christian' parts of the United States -the South and Midwest- have the highest rates of crime, including murder.

*Just using America because it's the easiest to get statistics on.

You are right about a lot of "religious" people being the problem. The type of people you're talking about are hypocrits. It's kind of a complicated anthropological thing. I'm too lazy to go into it...
Squid.
Squid.

Blog
October 31st, 2009 at 11:29pm
I think that the religion like,
Goes to there head, they get so into it,
That they are blinded,
And get to be a bit crazy.

I mean,
I loss a bet and had to go to church once,
And the way some of those people move,
Doesn't look sane.
They move across the room prayerdancing.

However, it's not like I am saying they're all like that.
Some relgious people are kay.
Because they are fair, don't force religion,
And aren't as judgemental.
The Last Firstborn.
Addict
The Last Firstborn.
November 2nd, 2009 at 02:29pm
Atheism isn't a religion, it's the absence of religion. The point being that they do not need religion in their lives, they can have morals, or not, depending on their view points.
Register