Atheism

AuthorMessage
Squid.
King For A Couple Of Days
Squid.

Blog
November 2nd, 2009 at 05:03pm
^ that didn't even play in to what was said....lol.
aclockworkorange
aclockworkorange
November 4th, 2009 at 06:49pm
I think Atheists are Atheists because they have no faith in religion.
Not only this, but a moral guide is not needed in life. I think a person can truly decide in their heart and their mind, what's right and what's wrong.
We will all one day die, and everyone you know and everything you've done will, one day, be gone. I think the goal, the test in life is enjoying it the most you can while it lasts. This may sound nihilistic, but at the same time it is what drives me to be the best I can be and enjoy the people in my life for who they are. It's not about channeling hatred and division among people, no matter their religion.
Squid.
Squid.

Blog
November 4th, 2009 at 09:52pm
I didn't mean to post anything...really I don't know how I made a post.
TheGreenDayFreak163
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
TheGreenDayFreak163
November 9th, 2009 at 04:03am
I personally do not believe in God, or any higher being, which, I suppose, makes me an atheist. I resent religion as, through life experience I have observed the behaviour of many religions, and have concluded that I would prefer not to live my life by someone else's book. I just haven't 'seen the light'. I'd rather gather my morales from living.

I have nothing against people who have faith. WHatever suits them.
I just think people should sit back and view the world objectively before they throw themselves into a strict belief system or religious cult.... Be yourself, not your religion.

So yeah. Atheism isn't as satanic as most people think. I lack belief in a deity because I see little kids getting sucked into religion, I see people being killed for what they believe in, and I see religion dividing the world's people more than anything else does.
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
November 13th, 2009 at 12:52pm
Do you believe Atheism is responsible for much of the anti-Christian sentiment around today?
I say we must take some responsiblility. Of all the God worshipping religions, Atheists channel their hatred at Christians. Convenient, some may say.

well, there is an atheism movement going on... mainly in the west. what religion do we have in the west? Christianity. I'm not blaming atheists for this. It as just an observation. I'll post later on the subject.
Incubus
Jackass
Incubus
November 13th, 2009 at 05:38pm
Bleach:
Of all the God worshipping religions, Atheists channel their hatred at Christians. Convenient, some may say.

Well simply it's because the majority of atheists are former Christians. It's the religion that the most is know about. I'm just as uncomfortable with Islam as I am with Christianity, but I feel I don't know enough about it to make any proper criticisms. Plus in this overly politically correct world, people are always conscious of seeming prejudice if they attack cultures they haven't personally experienced.
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
November 14th, 2009 at 09:53pm
Incubus:
Bleach:
Of all the God worshipping religions, Atheists channel their hatred at Christians. Convenient, some may say.

Well simply it's because the majority of atheists are former Christians. It's the religion that the most is know about. I'm just as uncomfortable with Islam as I am with Christianity, but I feel I don't know enough about it to make any proper criticisms. Plus in this overly politically correct world, people are always conscious of seeming prejudice if they attack cultures they haven't personally experienced.
and Christianity is the second biggest religion, so that makes it an easy target, (next to Islam)
WHICH ARE BOTH VERY SIMILAR RELIGIONS
Squid.
Squid.

Blog
November 15th, 2009 at 12:04am
Really?
They're similar?
How so?
I don't know much about the Islamic religion...
St.Billie.
Idiot
St.Billie.
March 5th, 2010 at 12:27pm
i think it´s better to have no religion cause there were so many wars just because of someone´s belief. i don´t believe in god as the christians see it. maybe there is something that made all this but.......

NO ONE KNOWS...
St.Billie.
Idiot
St.Billie.
March 5th, 2010 at 12:30pm
ah, and making fun of christians is a good job to waste my time
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
March 5th, 2010 at 02:10pm
IwannaBeBillieJoe!:
i think it´s better to have no religion cause there were so many wars just because of someone´s belief.

Such as? I can't think of a single war fought purely over religion. Many wars are disguised as religious wars, but there are underlying motives like greed and desire that actually cause the war. Religion is just a public motive.
wanderlust
Addict
wanderlust

Mibba Blog
March 6th, 2010 at 06:09pm
Atheists are totally fine to me, like it's completely up to you to believe what you want, but I don't agree with the Christian-bashing that some (not all) of them do.
Stuff like Christians are brainwashed and stupid because they believe in God and the bible etc etc etc...
Didn't your mummy ever tell you that if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all?
MissJay
MissJay
March 18th, 2010 at 01:32pm
I just realized I don't believe in God....
But I do think that there is some higher power,
Not a god,
But like fate. Like our situations are controlled on some level.
Does this make me Atheist?
wanderlust
Addict
wanderlust

Mibba Blog
March 18th, 2010 at 02:20pm
MissJay:
I just realized I don't believe in God....
But I do think that there is some higher power,
Not a god,
But like fate. Like our situations are controlled on some level.
Does this make me Atheist?

I think the word for that is Deism (Die- ism) but i'm not sure...
Aliiiiii.
Aliiiiii.
March 19th, 2010 at 08:51am
"Deism (\ˈdi:iz(ə)m\[1] or \ˈdē-ˌi-zəm\)[2] is a religious and philosophical belief that a supreme being created the universe, and that this (and religious truth in general) can be determined using reason and observation of the natural world alone, without the need for either faith or organized religion. Deists tend to, but do not necessarily, reject the notion that God intervenes in human affairs, for example through miracles and revelations. These views contrast with the dependence on revelations, miracles, and faith found in many Jewish, Christian, Islamic and other theistic teachings.
Deists typically reject most supernatural events (prophecy, miracles) and tend to assert that God (or The Supreme Architect) has a plan for the universe that is not altered either by God intervening in the affairs of human life or by suspending the natural laws of the universe. What organized religions see as divine revelation and holy books, most deists see as interpretations made by other humans, rather than as authoritative sources.
Deism became prominent in the 17th and 18th centuries during the Age of Enlightenment, especially in what is now the United Kingdom, France, United States and Ireland, mostly among those raised as Christians who found they could not believe in either a triune God, the divinity of Jesus, miracles, or the inerrancy of scriptures, but who did believe in one god. Initially it did not form any congregations, but in time deism strongly influenced other religious groups, such as Unitarianism and Universalism, which developed from it. It continues to this day in the forms of classical deism and modern deism."

- Wikipedia.

I've never heard of Deism. But it almost sums up how I feel.
wanderlust
Addict
wanderlust

Mibba Blog
March 19th, 2010 at 08:54am
haha thank you western civilization history class for that term Wink
Mr.Armstrong
Falling In Love With The Board
Mr.Armstrong
March 21st, 2010 at 04:47pm
IwannaBeBillieJoe!:
ah, and making fun of christians is a good job to waste my time

Agree its fun making fun of them!! Cool
Mr.Armstrong
Falling In Love With The Board
Mr.Armstrong
March 29th, 2010 at 09:02pm

Religious People Are Funny !
Chile D. Guy
Basket Case
Chile D. Guy
March 31st, 2010 at 07:13am
I'm sorry to warn you but trolling religious people won't make you and atheism any better.
Aliiiiii.
Aliiiiii.
March 31st, 2010 at 07:25am
Chile Stud:
I'm sorry to warn you but trolling religious people won't make you and atheism any better.

This exactly.

While I'm agnostic, my Dad's family is very religious. And while we occasionally make joke about it, it's with them, not at them...

One of the most impressive things in the world, to me, is respecting someone's beliefs - especially when they aren't the same as yours.
Register