Atheism

AuthorMessage
Mr.Armstrong
Falling In Love With The Board
Mr.Armstrong
March 31st, 2010 at 04:36pm
Chile Stud:
I'm sorry to warn you but trolling religious people won't make you and atheism any better.

i wasnt trolling i was just looking at a website and found a video and other Atheasts might have found funny
Mr.Armstrong
Mr.Armstrong
March 31st, 2010 at 04:37pm
Aliiiiii.:
Chile Stud:
I'm sorry to warn you but trolling religious people won't make you and atheism any better.

This exactly.

While I'm agnostic, my Dad's family is very religious. And while we occasionally make joke about it, it's with them, not at them...

One of the most impressive things in the world, to me, is respecting someone's beliefs - especially when they aren't the same as yours.

i dont have any problems with others belives i respect them it was just funny so i wanted to share
cabot gal
GSBitch
cabot gal

Mibba
March 31st, 2010 at 04:47pm
saying "it's fun to make fun of religious people" is hardly respecting their opinions.
Mr.Armstrong
Mr.Armstrong
March 31st, 2010 at 04:56pm
i dont put them down i joke around with them, unless they quastion my beliefs
Cuzzbocks
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Cuzzbocks
June 14th, 2010 at 05:20am
This notion that we should respect others' beliefs is precisely what enables fanatics. We must reject this idea, wholesale. All beliefs should be carefully scrutinized.

Think about it. Do you respect beliefs involving the marriage of 9 year old girls, the immolation of human beings, or even magic underwear? If you do, there's something fundamentally wrong with you.

We should respect individuals and their right to believe as they wish. However, it is absurd to suggest that we should respect belief, particularly given the potential of certain beliefs should they be made actionable.
himynameisevelien
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
himynameisevelien
June 14th, 2010 at 10:40am
Sorry for those who believe in God, but I agree with what Billie once said; 'Religion is a bunch of bullshit'
clark
GSBitch
clark
June 14th, 2010 at 11:57am
himynameisevelien:
I agree with what Billie once said; 'Religion is a bunch of bullshit'
of course you do
wanderlust
Addict
wanderlust

Mibba Blog
June 14th, 2010 at 09:20pm
himynameisevelien:
Sorry for those who believe in God, but I agree with what Billie once said; 'Religion is a bunch of bullshit'

what a badass
Cuzzbocks
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Cuzzbocks
June 14th, 2010 at 09:45pm
All people are deserving of respect, simply by virtue of their existence. This is a fundamental humanistic principle.

We should further respect people's right to believe whatever it is they choose. This is a right inherent to all human beings.

What their beliefs are, however, is an entirely different story. People's beliefs and opinions are fair game, and should be challenged.

To what degree that occurs is up to the individual I suppose, but invariably the process begins with the question, "Is it reasonable?". Unfortunately for mainstream religion, they rarely get past the first question.
Imtiredofthiscrap
Banned
Imtiredofthiscrap
October 12th, 2010 at 06:14pm
himynameisevelien:

i agree with what billie said.. Rolling Eyes i dont have a religion i just dont care anymore Snooty
Mareh
King For A Couple Of Days
Mareh

Blog
October 13th, 2010 at 06:43pm
Eh, not all religions are about bullshitting and believing in god's. There's nothing wrong with following a faith, the high majority of them promote good morals and are a good guideline for following a good life.
out_sider.x
Geek
out_sider.x
October 17th, 2010 at 01:43pm
I don't really care about religion. Smiley
Believe what you want to believe, I guess.
But me, personally, I don't believe in anything religious right now.
The Bears Are Coming
Basket Case
The Bears Are Coming
October 18th, 2010 at 11:24am
Mr.Armstrong:
[youtube]video[/youtube]

Religious People Are Funny !

I know I'll get crap from others for this
but I laughed =)

I don't see why people need to get so offended by this. What the guy in the video says is not direct mockery, it's just stating and comparing "facts"

It's way too easy to offend religious people, it's like they take every critisism on religion personally, what's up with that?
Be the bigger person and rise above it, don't fight over it. When that's what you believe, then do so, and think to yourself that you're right. But don't take offence because another person might not believe in what you believe.
Raina Lupa
Addict
Raina Lupa
October 18th, 2010 at 11:42am
^Because faith is a very personal thing, so be the bigger person and don't needlessly spout personal insults towards people. Believe/don't believe what you want, but don't go attacking other people's beliefs because they don't match yours.

It works both ways.
jessay
This Board Is My Home
jessay

Blog
October 19th, 2010 at 12:22am
to me it is funny that people view atheism as people without believe, there just people that don't believe in religion.
Because our brains are limited we have to believe in something because we don't know everything and because something are more complicated and bigger then our brains could ever imagine. (so we take some stuff for facts without prove)
I make it a rule for myself that i respect people who just think about what they believe, i try not to jugde religion persé but even i am not perfect and i am jugemental sometimes.

What i am trying to say is that also people who are atheist should be respected for there opinion and not critisised by people who are religous, everyone has a right to there opinion and if you are religous and join a topic like this you can expect opinion against religion and maby even some incensitive post. I am not saying it is nice of them to do that but i guess people like me don't really know what religion means to other people. (people critizise my believe constantly i don't mind i just accept the fact that not everybody agrees with me ...........eeuuhh well i try Very Happy)
The Bears Are Coming
Basket Case
The Bears Are Coming
October 19th, 2010 at 01:20pm
Raina Lupa:
^Because faith is a very personal thing, so be the bigger person and don't needlessly spout personal insults towards people. Believe/don't believe what you want, but don't go attacking other people's beliefs because they don't match yours.

It works both ways.

I haven't attacked anyones believes and neither did I spout personal insults to people, I just don't believe in religion.

When you live your life you're bound to be insulted, either on purpose or by accident
and if you can't take that you really need to work on your resilience
jessay
This Board Is My Home
jessay

Blog
October 19th, 2010 at 03:00pm
The Bears Are Coming:
Mr.Armstrong:
[youtube]video[/youtube]

Religious People Are Funny !

I know I'll get crap from others for this
but I laughed =)

I don't see why people need to get so offended by this. What the guy in the video says is not direct mockery, it's just stating and comparing "facts"

I had i giggle to.
Just because of the irony in it.
tehe i mean scientist believe in things they can't prove and just asume and my friend (who isn't religous) questions my believe in intelligent design constantly!!

(i tought the most funny part was the gravity thing, because we believe what newton learned us about gravity, but at the moment scientist are developing an new theory)

It also sarcastic to atheist in a way. (and a bit insulting!!)
I think most atheist don't believe that religous people think like that, atleast i would think that is stupid.
I may be an atheist but i do respect other people around me and don't think there all mindless drowns!!!
The Bears Are Coming
Basket Case
The Bears Are Coming
October 19th, 2010 at 05:03pm
lol it doesn't really matter wether everything in science has been proven or not
there is also no proof of a god existing.
(though to me science comes with theories that seem way more logic to me)

I laughed at the video cause I thought it was funny, not because it may be insulting to atheists or believers. I couldnt care less about that
jessay
This Board Is My Home
jessay

Blog
October 19th, 2010 at 06:35pm
The Bears Are Coming:
lol it doesn't really matter wether everything in science has been proven or not
there is also no proof of a god existing.
(though to me science comes with theories that seem way more logic to me)

I laughed at the video cause I thought it was funny, not because it may be insulting to atheists or believers. I couldnt care less about that

I see your point.
i tough it was just funny both ways
Squid.
King For A Couple Of Days
Squid.

Blog
October 23rd, 2010 at 03:09pm
Desmond Hume:
himynameisevelien:

what a badass

lmaolmaolmaolmao
Register