AuthorMessage
Dr.Hymen
Geek
Dr.Hymen

Blog
February 21st, 2009 at 03:10pm
Kurtni:
Fionn Og:
I thik abortion totally depends on the person in the situation. As you can see from this thread, we each have unique thoughts on the matter, so why not allow unique action to be taken.

I say let abortion be an option to those who wish to avail of it for their own personal reasons.

You're forgetting the fact that this discussion isn't a matter of who would and wouldn't have an abortion. Some people view abortion as a crime and telling them to allow people to have an option they believe to be criminal isn't logical. If we replaced abortion with say, murder, I doubt we'd accept someone saying let people who want to murder do so, would we?

I'm not on about who would and wouldn't have an abortion and I'm not telling them to allow people to have that option, I'm telling them that I think it's completley optional.

I was just contributing my own thoughts on it...
KerflackerchumKelsey
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
KerflackerchumKelsey
March 6th, 2009 at 08:36am
Abortion is okay with me...
I mean, seriously.
You're with someone you like ALOT.
You're both ALONE.
You're both 16.
You Kiss.
It gets steamy.
You find yourself caught in the moment.
You Fuck.
She gets prego.
She gets it taken care of.
ABORTION.
16 is too young to have a baby.
She wouldn't have been able to take care of it.
BOOM.
Life of poverty for baby.
She did the RIGHT thing.
I heard that abortion's hurt like hell.
Next time, she'll remember a condom.
End of story.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
March 6th, 2009 at 01:32pm
KerflackerchumKelsey:
16 is too young to have a baby.
She wouldn't have been able to take care of it.

Much as your stance is admirable, this is not a true statement.
You cannot make that judgment. For some people it isn't 'too young' and they do have the ability; yes, it's relatively unusual, but I don't think we should be saying that all pregnant teenagers need to have abortions or should get them. It's very judgmental. That's what the right to choose is there for.
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
March 6th, 2009 at 07:36pm
wait so
I was talking about abortion with my friend, and she said she didn't think that the fetus was alive until it could support itself on its own outside the womb.
But there are alot of animals and plants that need another organism to survive. Isn't that a uh, uh.. a parasite?
So isn't the fetus just a parasite?
I know other people have different opinions on how its alive or not, but I was just wondering if anyone had anything against my argument.
dysLEXIa
King For A Couple Of Days
dysLEXIa
April 7th, 2009 at 02:47pm
^Ehhh, I wouldn't necessarily call it a parasite perse. A living thing is defined as something that has interdependent parts that maintain various vital processes....so this happens in the womb. Very prematurely, I must say, but not in the way a parasite does, at least not in my opinion.

I'm not for abortions being used as BIRTH CONTROL. My mother had this done in her past and it caused me not talk to her for a while, but I got over it. Anyways, I agree in an Abortion when there's no other choice; when there's no way you can support a child.

I recently had a pregnancy scare, my sleeping patterns were changing, I was always hungry, and I forget what else, but it led me to believe that I could quite possibly be pregnant. I researched abortions more and was already planning to get one. Well, I could think that I could TRY to support the child, but my boyfriend/partner told me it was okay and that we had to do this because we're just not ready at this time. Not financially and not emotionally.

I was crying so much that week because I just didn't want to do it, but I knew I had no other choice.

Needless to say, I wasn't pregnant, but I realized my stand on abortions through all of this. It's a very difficult decision if taken seriously. If it's not taken seriously, then that's when abortions are wrong.
Viva.La.Cami
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Viva.La.Cami
May 20th, 2009 at 07:07pm
I'm definitely against abortion, unless the baby was going to be born with defects and would be dependent on others its entire life. There is no reason a parent should not be responsible for their actions. If you're going to have sex, you should accept the possibilty that you might end up with a baby.
Dom
Jackass
Dom
May 20th, 2009 at 08:38pm
I'm pro-choice in the majority of cases, if someone doesn't want a baby why have a child born to a parent that doesn't even want them and will probably have a miserable impoverished life, as will most likely the parent. I think the future of someones life, and the impact a baby has, is more important than a ball of cells. Hell, some animals eat their own babies, abortion aint all that bad.
Dom
Jackass
Dom
May 20th, 2009 at 08:41pm
Also, banning abortion would likely lead to an increase in crime rates. A lot of aborted children would have been statistically quite likely to have grown up to be criminals. Illegalising abortion would have a profound social impact, people would just get illegal dangerous abortions, and the world over-populated as it is, without a load of unwanted children.
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
May 20th, 2009 at 10:15pm
Dom:
Hell, some animals eat their own babies, abortion aint all that bad.
yeah, but we don't. it is human nature to love our children

When abortion is legal in the US, thousands of babies loose their life each year, but no mothers die because of safe procedures. If it is illegal, then there will be more deaths with the death of the baby because the mothers will have a good chance of dying aswell.

I don't agree with abortion, because I believe in the equality of all life. But I do think it should stay legal so that people can have the liberty, and there will be less in total (mother and fetus) deaths if it stays legal
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 21st, 2009 at 03:14pm
Bleach:
Dom:
Yet people beat, rape and starve their kids every day, don't they?
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
May 21st, 2009 at 06:39pm
Kurtni:
Bleach:
Dom:
but in nature, naturally, we wouldn't harm our children, like many mammals do.

We only rape and starve our children because we have a. psychological problems b. were raised in a bad situation (abused when little, or just led a bad life because of surroundings)

I don't think we can use the society that we've built as a reason for what I said to not be right
NIK JONUTZ
NIK JONUTZ

Blog
May 21st, 2009 at 08:28pm
i don't think people should get abortions unless they are in a bad situation
if it's a mistake and you are like in highschool or something then i think it's alright because having a child at a young age can wreck your life and not may highschool students are even ready to have kids. or if someone has been raped then it's ok then too. but if you are like i dont know 30 or something then you know what can happen and you are an adult and i think they should take the responsibility
hannakay
Geek
hannakay
May 21st, 2009 at 10:34pm
Pro-choice.
fashofashofasho.
cabot gal
GSBitch
cabot gal

Mibba
May 22nd, 2009 at 08:15am
*Eat Tré`s Shoe*:
if it's a mistake and you are like in highschool or something then i think it's alright because having a child at a young age can wreck your life and not may highschool students are even ready to have kids. or if someone has been raped then it's ok then too. but if you are like i dont know 30 or something then you know what can happen and you are an adult and i think they should take the responsibility
so 30 year olds can't be in difficult situations?
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 22nd, 2009 at 10:56am
Bleach:
Kurtni:
Bleach:
Dom:

We only rape and starve our children because we have a. psychological problems b. were raised in a bad situation (abused when little, or just led a bad life because of surroundings)

I don't think we can use the society that we've built as a reason for what I said to not be right

Meh, I disagree, and I don't think human nature exists, but that's off topic here. meg made a thread about it, I'll try to find it.
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
May 22nd, 2009 at 11:19am
Kurtni:
Bleach:
Kurtni:
Bleach:
Dom:

Meh, I disagree, and I don't think human nature exists, but that's off topic here. meg made a thread about it, I'll try to find it.
ah, there's a thread for everything here. XD
NIK JONUTZ
NIK JONUTZ

Blog
May 22nd, 2009 at 03:44pm
Boobmeister:
*Eat Tré`s Shoe*:
so 30 year olds can't be in difficult situations?

i think if you're like 30 you are mature enough to raise a child
cabot gal
GSBitch
cabot gal

Mibba
May 22nd, 2009 at 06:03pm
*Eat Tré`s Shoe*:
there's more to raising a child than maturity.
NIK JONUTZ
NIK JONUTZ

Blog
May 22nd, 2009 at 07:30pm
Boobmeister:
*Eat Tré`s Shoe*:

i know that
cabot gal
GSBitch
cabot gal

Mibba
May 22nd, 2009 at 07:48pm
*Eat Tré`s Shoe*:
Boobmeister:
*Eat Tré`s Shoe*:

i know that
then why excuse a 15 year old having an abortion but draw the line when someone hits 30?
Register