AuthorMessage
spill_no_sick
Falling In Love With The Board
spill_no_sick
May 26th, 2005 at 01:18pm
Guest:
spill_no_sick:
Millie Jane:
I wish people would learn to control their sexual desires enough to take the time to use some form of birth control. That would save us all a lot of trouble.

But, I am highly against taking a woman's rights away from her. It has taken us a long time to get where we are, today, and banning abortion would be a monstrous step backwards. I am also for partial birth abortion, as that is only performed if the mother's life is in danger, or the fetus is seriously deformed.
What I'm about to say is very controversial, but the world is speeding towards over-population. I think abortion is a humane way of slowing down our plunge into such a catastrophe.

I am Pro-Choice.
or pro-ohshitiamsoirresponsibleandslutty

it takes two to tango. what about the father? wheres he? its all fair and good for you to call the girl 'slutty' but apparently the father doesn't have to show up in this whole thing when half the chromosomes of the child belong to him?
the guy is usually in it for sex then the bastard leaves
it's very rare that the father wants to keep the child but the mother doesn't
it's pro-ohshitiamsoirresponsibleandsluttyandifuckedsomeonecompletelyirresponsibleandsleezy
girl almighty
GSBitch
girl almighty
May 26th, 2005 at 01:26pm
i agree with abortion. there are so many teenage pregnancies in the uk - 1 in 10 girls in the cities. it sometimes isnt fair. if someone doesnt believe they're ready for a baby - if they're too young or wouldnt be able to afford to look after it, then it isnt fair on the baby or the parents. it comes down to whether or not it is more fair to give the child a shot at life or try and work out what quality of life it is going to have. its an interesting subject though.
we had the same debate in RE and our teacher told us that the baby knows its mum's voice a few months before it is born. that shocked us all.
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
May 26th, 2005 at 01:30pm
*Redundant*Rebel*:
i agree with abortion. there are so many teenage pregnancies in the uk - 1 in 10 girls in the cities. it sometimes isnt fair. if someone doesnt believe they're ready for a baby - if they're too young or wouldnt be able to afford to look after it, then it isnt fair on the baby or the parents. it comes down to whether or not it is more fair to give the child a shot at life or try and work out what quality of life it is going to have. its an interesting subject though.
we had the same debate in RE and our teacher told us that the baby knows its mum's voice a few months before it is born. that shocked us all.
adoption
Rage&Love
King For A Couple Of Days
Rage&Love
May 26th, 2005 at 01:36pm
I'm suppose i'm for it. I mean people only go through abortion because they are not ready for a kid and would they rather that that child be brought up in a home where it wasn't loved?
I mean, i feel sorry for the unborn baby and everything because scientists have now discovered that they shows signs of life at 28 weeks or summin like that, but the mothers wouldn't do it if the didn't think it was necessary
girl almighty
GSBitch
girl almighty
May 26th, 2005 at 01:41pm
spill_no_sick:
*Redundant*Rebel*:
adoption

thats not for all people. i can see where you're coming from, but a lot of people, especially teenage girls, find it hard to know that there is a kid out there with someone else. it can make a lot of people very happy in cases, but it can leave other people depressed. some of them might find it easier to grieve for a child they can never know than to feel the same feelings for someone who they know is out there somewhere but they still cant see in most cases
TheFaggot
TheFaggot
May 26th, 2005 at 02:25pm
Well, I fight for woman (and human in general) rights, and I saythat those old guys who say that "It is murder" should fuck off and die.As long as the embryo is a part of the girl, it's her desicion. Those old guys would never experiensce to be sixteen yoears old, have the entire life in front of you, plans to get an education, go to partys all weekends, but then suddently get pregnant and know that none of those things will happen.
bloodstone
Geek
bloodstone
May 26th, 2005 at 02:26pm
i'm for it...regaurdless of moral issues, you have to take into consideration that women will do it regaurdless. if the woman carrying the baby wants to get rid of it, she'll do everything in her power to do it. the real issue is whether to provide a safe treatment for our societies women, or to have them take it into their own hands possibly causing bodily harm because our government refuses to provide the treatment. who knows what instruments they'll start using in order to commit the deed...they used to use coat hangers for christs sake...it opens them up to infections that can lead to diseases, and those diseases could eventually spread...who knows what it could lead to.

another reason is that because of the fact that the human species is breeding itself into oblivion, we're running out of room, and resources...population control...as cannibalistic as it sounds, we need it...period.

also, the woman SHOULD be able to make the choice whether or not she feels fit or ready for the child. it's her body, whether she makes the right choices with it or not. BTW--birth control goes both ways guys! it's not just the womans job...

honestly, the government should really keep their noses out of this issue. don't illegalize it, but make it so that it's its own private instituion...let doctors decide whether they want to provide the treatment or not.
TheFaggot
TheFaggot
May 26th, 2005 at 02:30pm
Not everyone wants to be pregnant either, I mean, going through a pregnancy does something to your body.

And it's 9 months of your life.

Not to forget about the fathers of the kids, they may not want to have the child either. But then again, there is those boys who just nags and nags to theit pregnant girlfriends that ther should have the baby just for them, bla, bla bla, et cetera...
Millie Jane
Jackass
Millie Jane
May 26th, 2005 at 02:32pm
NeoSteph:
Millie Jane:
He:
On GMTV this morning (yes, I did watch some of it) it was saying how the UK has more teenage pregnancies than anywhere else in Western Europe....

It is illigal here to have sex under 16 (in the uk), but quite a few teenagers ignore that rule...

I think that if teenagers choose to disobay the law, it is their own fault for having sex underage... especially without using pretection...

I know I wandered slightly off topic there, so sorry.

But we shouldn't punish the rest of the world by overpopulating it with unwanted, badly cared for children. Is it not far better to deal with the problem before it becomes a thinking, feeling child?

Thats like saying Africa shouldn't bother the rest of the world with it's famine problems, I'm pro-choice in most aspects but i do believe that every child even if it's not born yet should have a chance.

Some of the greatest people on this earth came from the poorest backgrounds. Tennesse Williams father was emotionly void but he went on to right some fo the best play writes. Ghandi lived in poverty. If there parents had not given them a chance, there would be a void in society.

I say choose your battles. We, as a human race have more important things to deal with than making sure every unborn fetus has a chance. Perhaps we can start worrying about that matter after we solve the immense problem of world hunger.

On another note, where did I say anything about the child being raised in a wealth deprived family? By saying "unwanted," I mean possibly left in foster care, constantly moving from one family to another. By say "badly cared for," I mean being raised by a young, most likely teenaged, single mother. Who is rarely able to see her unplanned child since she is working so often.
Don't put words in my mouth.
Amanda
Basket Case
Amanda
May 26th, 2005 at 02:36pm
I do have something to say,
This is a child we are talking about,
A human being,
It don't diserve to be killed,
Just 'cause some idiot was screwing around,
I believe the best way is adoption,
So someone who can't have a child,
Can have some joy, And vice versa..
jimmydied2day
Idiot
jimmydied2day
May 26th, 2005 at 02:37pm
warning_05:
I'm suppose i'm for it. I mean people only go through abortion because they are not ready for a kid and would they rather that that child be brought up in a home where it wasn't loved?
I mean, i feel sorry for the unborn baby and everything because scientists have now discovered that they shows signs of life at 28 weeks or summin like that, but the mothers wouldn't do it if the didn't think it was necessary

i totally agree with what you say. there was a story in the news the other week about a 13 year old girl who was denied an abortion because she was deemed unfit to make that decision. so if shes "unfit to decide" then what makes her fit to bring up a child in todays society? i think it is rediculous.
and isnt it better to terminate a foetus rather than bring it up in a loveless environment, especially if the father doesnt want to be involved?
Relion
Relion
May 26th, 2005 at 02:41pm
I dont agree with it.

If people are going to have sex unprotected, they should at least consider what might happen.

Its also a waste of a life.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
May 26th, 2005 at 02:43pm
Millie Jane:
NeoSteph:
Millie Jane:
He:
On GMTV this morning (yes, I did watch some of it) it was saying how the UK has more teenage pregnancies than anywhere else in Western Europe....

It is illigal here to have sex under 16 (in the uk), but quite a few teenagers ignore that rule...

I think that if teenagers choose to disobay the law, it is their own fault for having sex underage... especially without using pretection...

I know I wandered slightly off topic there, so sorry.

But we shouldn't punish the rest of the world by overpopulating it with unwanted, badly cared for children. Is it not far better to deal with the problem before it becomes a thinking, feeling child?

Thats like saying Africa shouldn't bother the rest of the world with it's famine problems, I'm pro-choice in most aspects but i do believe that every child even if it's not born yet should have a chance.

Some of the greatest people on this earth came from the poorest backgrounds. Tennesse Williams father was emotionly void but he went on to right some fo the best play writes. Ghandi lived in poverty. If there parents had not given them a chance, there would be a void in society.

I say choose your battles. We, as a human race have more important things to deal with than making sure every unborn fetus has a chance. Perhaps we can start worrying about that matter after we solve the immense problem of world hunger.

On another note, where did I say anything about the child being raised in a wealth deprived family? By saying "unwanted," I mean possibly left in foster care, constantly moving from one family to another. By say "badly cared for," I mean being raised by a young, most likely teenaged, single mother. Who is rarely able to see her unplanned child since she is working so often.
Don't put words in my mouth.

to be frank I didn't mean poor, in the sense of wealth, but in the way of emotionally and bodily.

I used Williams as an example because his father and mother didn't care for him because he wasn't wanted.

and further more into today's society a teenage mother has more chance in life (through welfare and there family's) than a newly married couple.

I didn't intend to put words in your mouth, if it came across like that then i apologoise.
XcoreJessio
XcoreJessio
May 26th, 2005 at 03:00pm
I'm for abortion. The reason why is that sometimes it's easier to live without a child then to live with it. If there is something wrong with the foetus that will later become a child, say like it had downsyndrom, some parents just can't cope with the stress of looking after that child till they die. Other cirvcumstances are if the person carrying the baby is underage, emotinaly un-prepared or simply dosn't live a good quailty of life and so would the baby. I know that if I found out I was pregnant now, I would have a arbortion. I couldn't simply give up my childhood. I am also not emotinaly prepared to bring another life into this world. Some people may live of a rough estate full of vandals and drug addicts, if I was in living in them conditions I would not want my child growing up there. SOme people may say "Oh just move" But ti must be harder then that. Some people can not get the money to support their child and move out of a rough place. I don't agree for late arbortinos though. At 24 weeks you could give birth and should have an arbortion later if you want one.
i dont do fuckin names
Jackass
i dont do fuckin names
May 26th, 2005 at 03:02pm
im for it, but there needs to be a limit on when(which there is) as you cant kill babies/feotuses(i cant spell, get over it) that can start to think for themselves, as it would be no different to killing a small child. But before you think about abortion you have to put yourselves into the shoes of a pregnant teenager and think of it from her perspective. But, anyway, i think the abortion laws in this country are just right and don't need changing. But their is an argument that children that have been born premature on the limit week have survived, but when they are born they cannot think for themselves, so you arent actuallt killing it as it isnt really alive yet.

^that was probably all ignorant crap
XcoreJessio
XcoreJessio
May 26th, 2005 at 03:05pm
i dont do fuckin names:
im for it, but there needs to be a limit on when(which there is) as you cant kill babies/feotuses(i cant spell, get over it) that can start to think for themselves, as it would be no different to killing a small child. But before you think about abortion you have to put yourselves into the shoes of a pregnant teenager and think of it from her perspective. But, anyway, i think the abortion laws in this country are just right and don't need changing. But their is an argument that children that have been born premature on the limit week have survived, but when they are born they cannot think for themselves, so you arent actuallt killing it as it isnt really alive yet.

Basically what I said, but I rambled alot.
i dont do fuckin names
Jackass
i dont do fuckin names
May 26th, 2005 at 03:09pm
*Love is paranoid*:
i dont do fuckin names:

yes, but you can spell foetus
Headfirst For Halos
Headfirst For Halos
May 26th, 2005 at 03:10pm
I personally am for it, and I think that the current laws in the UK of the limit on when you can abort are right at the moment. I think that the teenage pregnancy rate is worrying though, and it definitley shouldn't be depended on as a last minute contraceptive, as it seems to be sometimes.
XcoreJessio
XcoreJessio
May 26th, 2005 at 03:12pm
i dont do fuckin names:
*Love is paranoid*:
i dont do fuckin names:
im for it, but there needs to be a limit on when(which there is) as you cant kill babies/feotuses(i cant spell, get over it) that can start to think for themselves, as it would be no different to killing a small child. But before you think about abortion you have to put yourselves into the shoes of a pregnant teenager and think of it from her perspective. But, anyway, i think the abortion laws in this country are just right and don't need changing. But their is an argument that children that have been born premature on the limit week have survived, but when they are born they alive yet.
cannot think for themselves, so you arent actuallt killing it as it isnt really

yes, but you can spell foetus

I'm not sure if that is how you spell it.
folkin' around.
folkin' around.
May 26th, 2005 at 03:30pm
In my opinion abortion is totally wrong.
You are killing a real human being.
It's your fault you got pregnant,
you should be responsible.
If your old enough to have sex,
you should be old enough to take care of another human life.
The only abortion I approve is in rape or similar inncidents.
Other wise I think abortion is wrong.
Register