[Insert abortion here]

AuthorMessage
rage && love
Idiot
rage && love
June 2nd, 2005 at 01:05am
_lit up:
I'm for it.

People are saying if they don't want the baby the parents should just give it up for adoption. But if I got pregnant (unexpectedly) I would not want to have something growing inside of me for 9 months, with all the pain and complications, let alone actually give birth (pain and more pain) to a child just to give it away. I'm not saying that people shouldn't use contraception and if they get pregnant just get an abortion. However if it is an unexpected pregnancy I think it's their choice.

so basically... you would kill a child for the sake of your comfort for nine months (and yes i know an excruciating amount of pain in labor)? of course there is the argument of the fact that it's not a child yet or that it's heart isn't beating... but essentially it will become a human being and live life like anyone else. it seems that 9 months of some inconvenience would be little to give up for all the years that you would be taking from someone else.
sid teh rocker
King For A Couple Of Days
sid teh rocker
June 2nd, 2005 at 06:10am
I believe its right for a women to have the choice.
_lit up
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
_lit up
June 2nd, 2005 at 06:12am
*live without warning*:
_lit up:
I'm for it.

People are saying if they don't want the baby the parents should just give it up for adoption. But if I got pregnant (unexpectedly) I would not want to have something growing inside of me for 9 months, with all the pain and complications, let alone actually give birth (pain and more pain) to a child just to give it away. I'm not saying that people shouldn't use contraception and if they get pregnant just get an abortion. However if it is an unexpected pregnancy I think it's their choice.

so basically... you would kill a child for the sake of your comfort for nine months (and yes i know an excruciating amount of pain in labor)? of course there is the argument of the fact that it's not a child yet or that it's heart isn't beating... but essentially it will become a human being and live life like anyone else. it seems that 9 months of some inconvenience would be little to give up for all the years that you would be taking from someone else.

Yes I would. You said I would be stopping something that would "essentially become a human being and live life like anyone else." but doesn't contraception do that also? Just at an earlier stage.
killer_odd_sock
Jackass
killer_odd_sock
June 2nd, 2005 at 08:53am
I think, if it's a total accident, and not just carelessness, it should be allowed. I mean, why bring an unwanted, unprepared for baby into the world? It's not fair on the child, or on the family that might not be ready for it...
I think that's what I mean Confused
GreenDayIsBetter
Idiot
GreenDayIsBetter
June 2nd, 2005 at 09:14am
And anyway, if it's made completely illegal, girls will find worse ways to lose their babies. Ex: drinking, smoking, drugs, simply throwing themselves down the stairs, I'm telling you.. people will do crazy things to prevent having a baby. Government is better off letting doctors do it.
dysLEXIa
dysLEXIa
June 2nd, 2005 at 11:39am
But some teenage girls just go around hokey pokeying (lmfao) every guy out there and don't use protection and dont' care what so ever so they end up having an abortion like 3 times a year. Or more. THAT is just a little too much, don't you think??
basketcase17
basketcase17
June 2nd, 2005 at 12:08pm
sid teh rocker:
So do i
spill_no_sick
Falling In Love With The Board
spill_no_sick
June 2nd, 2005 at 01:02pm
basketcase17:
sid teh rocker:
So do i
I think they had a choice
Choice 1. don't get banged up to begin with
Choice 2. don't be responsible and risk pregnancy
Capt. Jack Harkness
Addict
Capt. Jack Harkness
June 2nd, 2005 at 01:07pm
Whatsername_:
But some teenage girls just go around hokey pokeying (lmfao) every guy out there and don't use protection and dont' care what so ever so they end up having an abortion like 3 times a year. Or more. THAT is just a little too much, don't you think??

I don;t think that will happen. Even if abortion is legal it's still a big deal to do it.
XcoreJessio
XcoreJessio
June 2nd, 2005 at 01:09pm
You should not call people who are carrying a child, who decide to have an arbortion "Evil" Or what not. I can not see how they are evil. It's all down to the person carrying the baby. No one else. I don't htink anybody has the right to decide what they should do with their life.
Capt. Jack Harkness
Addict
Capt. Jack Harkness
June 2nd, 2005 at 01:11pm
*Love is paranoid*:
You should not call people who are carrying a child, who decide to have an arbortion "Evil" Or what not. I can not see how they are evil. It's all down to the person carrying the baby. No one else. I don't htink anybody has the right to decide what they should do with their life.

right!
rage && love
Idiot
rage && love
June 2nd, 2005 at 09:32pm
_lit up:
*live without warning*:
_lit up:
I'm for it.

Yes I would. You said I would be stopping something that would "essentially become a human being and live life like anyone else." but doesn't contraception do that also? Just at an earlier stage.

no. contraception stops the potential for another living person. even sex without protection doesn't always end in pregnancy. abortion destroys a life that is already there.
*Blinded*By*The*Silence*
Idiot
*Blinded*By*The*Silence*
June 3rd, 2005 at 12:01am
My opinon on abortion...
i am for it..i mean with some exceptions..i don't think a a girl should just use it as birth control..but i highly doubt most do because if you think about it who would want to spend that kind of money? ok also i don't think some people think about all the reasons for abortion...there are medical issues to think about...a womans body my be too weak to endure labor and that could do damage to her and her baby and some people don't realize it untill after the fact...condoms don't always work...they can break without you knowing it..and if someone is going to be a terrible mother...why put a child threw that kind of suffering..sure there is adoption but i can't imagine life in an orphange being fun..
† foresaken †
Geek
† foresaken †
June 3rd, 2005 at 06:30am
it depends on the circumstances and the person in question. Also if they don't want the kids then why not be sterelised. You know so well it does depend on the circumstances. I think this is going to come up on my GCSE RE course actually. But yeah if you've been raped and are pregnant then go ahead but if you're just selfish then why not have the baby and have it adopted so that someone else will give it a chance of happiness
† foresaken †
Geek
† foresaken †
June 3rd, 2005 at 07:05am
June 3rd, 2005 at 07:42am
Well i have a half and half opinion about it, because I think its wrong to take another persons life even if they aren't born yet. Then we must also take into account the mother and the situation she is in. I mean for all we know she could have gotten pregnant because of rape. I think that it is also a personal decision of the mother to keep the baby or not.
So like i said i have a half and half opinion on the abortion matter.
(If none of what i said made sense I apologise)
† foresaken †
Geek
† foresaken †
June 3rd, 2005 at 08:01am
-Random Reject-:
Well i have a half and half opinion about it, because I think its wrong to take another persons life even if they aren't born yet. Then we must also take into account the mother and the situation she is in. I mean for all we know she could have gotten pregnant because of rape. I think that it is also a personal decision of the mother to keep the baby or not.
So like i said i have a half and half opinion on the abortion matter.
(If none of what i said made sense I apologise)

yeah i agree
spill_no_sick
Falling In Love With The Board
spill_no_sick
June 3rd, 2005 at 12:14pm
for girls underage and rape victims, everyone needs to leanr a little responsibility
Avantidrummer
Geek
Avantidrummer
June 3rd, 2005 at 03:00pm
I have mixed veiws on abortion personaly, I haven't read through everyone elses yet...

I used to believe that it was okay up to a certain point. It's easy to say someone shouldn't have been so stupid..everyone knows if you don't use protection, and even sometimes if you do...a baby will result.
I think some young girls that get pregnant are simply naive. They believe they know what they're doing. Accidents happen.

I'm stuck between not believing in messing with nature like that (and even if I do agree with abortion, its only up to a certain stage in development) and the trauma that someone can go through knowing they're pregnant with a potential baby they couldn't look after, or really don't want.
killer_fongus
Geek
killer_fongus
June 3rd, 2005 at 03:04pm
hey I am new!
Register