[Insert abortion here]

AuthorMessage
spill_no_sick
Falling In Love With The Board
spill_no_sick
May 26th, 2005 at 05:50pm
Caz:
Um, this may not make much sense.
i was originally against abortion because i thought it was so cruel to take away a life like that. It seemed like murder, and murder is evil.
but, i thought i was pregnant for a while there, and i was so worried, i knew i was too young and couldn't support a child. if i had been pregnant (i'm not btw obviously) i would have had an abortion. it is selfish of a person to worry about themself more, but it is natural sometimes to feel like that.
Therefore, i don't think it is totally wrong, but i think if a person is too young then it is understandable. or in the case of rape or something. but any other reason i wouldn't agree with.

sorry for being confusing.
so you were raped?

(nice sig, I love that song)
Caoimhe
King For A Couple Of Days
Caoimhe
May 26th, 2005 at 05:52pm
spill_no_sick:
Caz:
i was originally against abortion because i thought it was so cruel to take away a life like that. It seemed like murder, and murder is evil.
but, i thought i was pregnant for a while there, and i was so worried, i knew i was too young and couldn't support a child. if i had been pregnant (i'm not btw obviously) i would have had an abortion. it is selfish of a person to worry about themself more, but it is natural sometimes to feel like that.
Therefore, i don't think it is totally wrong, but i think if a person is too young then it is understandable. or in the case of rape or something. but any other reason i wouldn't agree with.

so you were raped?

no, see thats why its confusing. i know it would have been my fault (partly Mad ) if i was pregnant, but it wouldn't be fair on the baby if i had it because i couldn't offer it what other mothers can. its hard to explain. but i stress; i'm NOT pregnant.
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
May 26th, 2005 at 05:57pm
Caz:
spill_no_sick:
Caz:

so you were raped?

no, see thats why its confusing. i know it would have been my fault (partly Mad ) if i was pregnant, but it wouldn't be fair on the baby if i had it because i couldn't offer it what other mothers can. its hard to explain. but i stress; i'm NOT pregnant.
what would you rather get, a diaphram or an abortion?
mollz
mollz
May 26th, 2005 at 05:58pm
I don't exactly agree with it. The only time I agree with it is when it comes to rape.

But, when it comes down to having sex, you have to think if you actually want to have a child or not. If you don't then use protection. If you do then don't wear protection. It's that simple.
RedTieGirl
RedTieGirl
May 26th, 2005 at 06:10pm
as far as abortion goes... i have lots of opinion..

As far as im concerend abortion, under certain terms should be legal. If its done in the first trimester, it should be allowed. A fetus hasnt really formed organs or anything until 2nd or third trimester. its only a bunch of cells. It has the potential to become a human but hasnt developed yet, i mean its not a crime to kill a sperm, and that has potential to contribute to human life too. And in cases like rape, or where pregnancy could killl or harm the mother abortion should be an option.

However, im against abortions done late in the pregnancy and partial birth abortions, at that point it is a developed to be a complete human being. Partial Birth abortions and abortions done very late in the pregnancy are murder. when a fetus is capable of sustaining life on its own, abortion is murder.

I also support stem cell research.. thought id mention it because its a related topic..

and i put my main opinions in bold for those of you who are to lazy to read
hyperactivechild27
hyperactivechild27
May 26th, 2005 at 06:12pm
hitchinalife:
what it all comes down to -- morals.
Your thoughts on abortion are what I want to hear, and I dont want to see any posts that just say, 'Im for it' or 'Im against it'
I want to know why. I want to know if you've protested abortion, if you've attended pro-abortion rallys, anything relevant.
You may be wondering my stance on abortion, if that is the case,
then maybe ill write my speech later...

I'm against abortion. I think it's wrong. But I think it should be legal. Because, some people may be one-night stand addicts looking for an easy escape, but I don't think it should be up to the government or whoever to decide whether or not someone can legally and "professionally" get an abortion. Abortion isn't going to magically vanish if it's banned. People will just result to other, home-made methods. Methods that can do incredible physical harm to the mother of the child as much as the child. Plus, not everyone who becomes unexpectedly pregnant is a cheap slut not using protection. There's rape. And then there's something like a busted condom.

And you could suggest that the parents just suck it up and have the baby then give it up for adoption. But whose to say the child will actually be btter in an orphanage or such than prematurely dead. I suppose it's nice to give the child a shot at life at least. But blah. I still say abortion should be allowed because it's up to the parent(s) of the unborn child as to whether or not they have it. Maybe you can give them more information in helping them decide what's "right" for their situation. You can limit abortion to rape victims only. But most likely if they're set on abortion they're going to get abortion. Few people will change their minds because of some lame pamphlet or law. So you may as well make it so the abortion can be somewhat proper. And if you want to argue for abortion to be allowed for rape victims and no one else and that a girl who gets knocked up by some "hottie" should suffer pain if she wants to personally take the life of her unborn baby because she can't deal with it then you somewhat contradict the "Give the baby a chance at life" arguement. But by saying that it contradicts that I contradict the "Let the mother advance forward" arguement. Because it's selfish to suggest only the mother can advance forward but the baby has to die. Yeah. I feel like a contradictory babble whore. But I still stand by the opinion that abortion should be legal. I just don't agree with it much. Or at all.
Ilse
Ilse
May 26th, 2005 at 06:16pm
I'm for it 100%. It's a womans body and a womans decision, no man has the right to tell her what to do with it. If a man is trying to silence us then the clocks are being turned back. Women have had to struggle to get where we are today, no one should be allowed to tell us what to do with OUR bodies.
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
May 26th, 2005 at 06:19pm
September_has_Ended:
I'm for it 100%. It's a womans body and a womans decision, no man has the right to tell her what to do with it. If a man is trying to silence us then the clocks are being turned back. Women have had to struggle to get where we are today, no one should be allowed to tell us what to do with OUR bodies.
this isn't men versus women, there are women against it too
Ilse
Ilse
May 26th, 2005 at 06:24pm
spill_no_sick:
September_has_Ended:
I know that. When I said 'men' or 'man' I was referring to Bush, Cheny, etc.
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
May 26th, 2005 at 06:26pm
September_has_Ended:
spill_no_sick:
September_has_Ended:
they aren't the only ones supporting it though, please quit using them as scapegoats
RedTieGirl
RedTieGirl
May 26th, 2005 at 06:27pm
RedTieGirl:
as far as abortion goes... i have lots of opinion..

As far as im concerend abortion, under certain terms should be legal. If its done in the first trimester, it should be allowed. A fetus hasnt really formed organs or anything until 2nd or third trimester. its only a bunch of cells. It has the potential to become a human but hasnt developed yet, i mean its not a crime to kill a sperm, and that has potential to contribute to human life too. And in cases like rape, or where pregnancy could killl or harm the mother abortion should be an option.

However, im against abortions done late in the pregnancy and partial birth abortions, at that point it is a developed to be a complete human being. Partial Birth abortions and abortions done very late in the pregnancy are murder. when a fetus is capable of sustaining life on its own, abortion is murder.

I also support stem cell research.. thought id mention it because its a related topic..

and i put my main opinions in bold for those of you who are to lazy to read

i really think it should be a legal option under those circumstances. and its not like we nned extra people on this planet, no offfence. were over populated anyway. and some people dont have the resources to provide for a child and dont want to consider adoption.. (they should though)
Ilse
Ilse
May 26th, 2005 at 06:29pm
spill_no_sick:
September_has_Ended:
spill_no_sick:
September_has_Ended:
they aren't the only ones supporting it though, please quit using them as scapegoats

'etc.' is key in that sentence.
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
May 26th, 2005 at 06:31pm
September_has_Ended:
spill_no_sick:
September_has_Ended:
spill_no_sick:
September_has_Ended:

'etc.' is key in that sentence.
but they are always the scapegoats, please don't
robotchicken.
robotchicken.

Mibba
May 26th, 2005 at 08:36pm
Im for it because if the girl is like 15 or an age around that prolly couldnt take of a child. Its a very important choice to make one that takes alot of thought. But if your not ready to have a responsilbilty(sp?) like that then put the child up for adoption or an abortion. The kid doesnt need to grow up being neglected just cause the mother didnt have a choice what to do.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
May 26th, 2005 at 09:09pm
spill_no_sick:
Caz:
spill_no_sick:
Caz:

so you were raped?

what would you rather get, a diaphram or an abortion?
abortion
phobilemone
phobilemone
May 27th, 2005 at 05:43am
Green_Day_Rock_My_Socks:
I'm against it because I think that if they should use protection in the first place, but if they do get pregnant and really don't want the baby then they should put it up for adoption, so that they don't waste life (as said above), and then they don't have to bring up a baby that they either a) don't want or b) can't look after.

And then if they do get pregnant at 15, they don't have to look after it and they don't have to have the guilt of knowing that they've killed their baby... I mean, they could have killed the next Billie Joe, Mike or Tre or something like that...

I agree with you there, but im also for it. For example, what if an underaged girl is raped? In most cases the girl wont want the baby because she is too young to take up such great responsibilities. Confused
Bumper Sticker
Jackass
Bumper Sticker
May 27th, 2005 at 11:59am
No Music No Life:
Bumper Sticker:
yes, i agree there maybe times when you accidently become pregnant, but why not have it & give it for adoption or foster etc... if you dont want it or cant take care of it...why kill it?? there are lots of couple out there wanting babies who cant have them...they go through yrs of ivf & fertitly testing & there a girls going & having abortions every couple of months...dont get me wrong some one i knew got raped & they wanted an abortion but they where too far gone so they actually had an injection & had to give birth to it dead...i just dont think it is right to get rid of something that didnt asked to be put there!

to inject something and give birth to it dead, ok thats wrong. But what if you dont think you can handle to give the child away or something? I still think its up to one another, and why make it illegal just because you think its wrong? its the one thats pregnents decision, not ours.

I didnt say to make it illegal...it is completely up to the person/s involved...it is at their descretion i am just giving my opion on matter to which this subject is about
Bumper Sticker
Jackass
Bumper Sticker
May 27th, 2005 at 12:01pm
phobilemone:
Green_Day_Rock_My_Socks:
I'm against it because I think that if they should use protection in the first place, but if they do get pregnant and really don't want the baby then they should put it up for adoption, so that they don't waste life (as said above), and then they don't have to bring up a baby that they either a) don't want or b) can't look after.

And then if they do get pregnant at 15, they don't have to look after it and they don't have to have the guilt of knowing that they've killed their baby... I mean, they could have killed the next Billie Joe, Mike or Tre or something like that...

I agree with you there, but im also for it. For example, what if an underaged girl is raped? In most cases the girl wont want the baby because she is too young to take up such great responsibilities. Confused

of course in certain circumstances having abrotion avaiable is a good thing..eps if its rape etc...but if your just having sex whenever not using contraception, you should take the responsability for what you have done with being careless...not just get rid & go back to having sex un protected...plus you should always protect yourself anyway cos of STD etc..
Drunkard
Jackass
Drunkard
May 27th, 2005 at 01:48pm
my mom took abortion with her first child, it was only a foster, maybe a coulpe of days old. she said she did it casue she was really afraid that her parents wouldn't accept it (btw it was with my dad she was pregnant with)
and my dad was reallu upset but a year later my mom wanted to try again, and then i came. she said she regrets it. but she was scared to death that her family wouldn't accept her and thats a scary thought.
Drunkard
Jackass
Drunkard
May 27th, 2005 at 01:50pm
BasketcaseCookiehead:
my mom took abortion with her first child, it was only a foster, maybe a coulpe of days old. she said she did it casue she was really afraid that her parents wouldn't accept it (btw it was with my dad she was pregnant with)
and my dad was reallu upset but a year later my mom wanted to try again, and then i came. she said she regrets it. but she was scared to death that her family wouldn't accept her and thats a scary thought.
oh, they were married at that time and they were in their 30's so it wasn't some teen sex. just had to say that Razz
Register