Death penalty

AuthorMessage
rock00chick
Geek
rock00chick
June 11th, 2005 at 02:05pm
i agree with ^, and i feel that the death penalty should be brought back when there is a way of definatley telling for sure of someone actually murdered someone, so there was no doubt...though i think that won't be done for many decades...
i also think life inprisonment should mean for life...murderers are getting away with 15 years good behaviour...and that isn't right...who knows if it's al a con to get out of there and go and kill again?
duck tape
Geek
duck tape
June 11th, 2005 at 05:52pm
uh im aginst it no matter what

people only have one life and they are gonna make some small and BIG mistakes and noone should ever get killed over it. if a kid stabs their pet should they get sabbed b/c of it. NO they shouldn't everybody makes mistakes so ya
rock00chick
Geek
rock00chick
June 11th, 2005 at 07:09pm
well some people are saying that on another thread, so i'd bring it up there as well...
i think it should be used as a deterrent, but it hadn't worked before, so they'd have to put more thought into it
*ST*JIMMY*
Geek
*ST*JIMMY*
June 11th, 2005 at 11:33pm
killing them is letting them have the easy way out. If they go to jail they pay for the crimes they committed.
rock00chick
Geek
rock00chick
June 12th, 2005 at 06:21am
that is another good point...but people get treated alot better in prisons now and that's stupid...they should get punishment for what they did, not brought lovelly meals and whilst they sit in a cell with some people talking...and yes that is what it is like in some cases...
<3Romance<3
Jackass
<3Romance<3
June 12th, 2005 at 07:39am
Nobody knows how it's like to live in prison, knowing you did something you will regret all your life.
And I think putting people in prison is already a punishment. So why punish them with death? When an accused gets "for life", here in Belgium, he's free after 30 years. Prison is a place where you can think about the acts you did. And if you regret what you did, I don't see why you couldn't get another chance in life.
Would you live with the thought that you killed somebody? Cause that's what judges and jurys do. And with their job, they don't just kill one accused, they already have killed many people. While a bankrobber, who by accident shot the director for example, gets Death penalty...
If that bankrobber is your best friend, and you're the man who pulls the trigger. Wouldn't you feel guilty for what you have done? I suggest everyone who's acting like the tough guy/girl should think of that one. Would you pull the trigger? I don't think so, cause then, you've killed a man. A man, not an animal, a man! I'd rather pay for a prisoner then letting someone shoot his brains out of his head!
Peter Petrelli
King For A Couple Of Days
Peter Petrelli
June 12th, 2005 at 10:47am
so many innocent people get killed as a result of it. i don't live in america, but i've studied this in english class a lot. it's too extreme, and too risky
rock00chick
Geek
rock00chick
June 12th, 2005 at 03:17pm
lilrebel:
Nobody knows how it's like to live in prison, knowing you did something you will regret all your life.
And I think putting people in prison is already a punishment. So why punish them with death? When an accused gets "for life", here in Belgium, he's free after 30 years. Prison is a place where you can think about the acts you did. And if you regret what you did, I don't see why you couldn't get another chance in life.
Would you live with the thought that you killed somebody? Cause that's what judges and jurys do. And with their job, they don't just kill one accused, they already have killed many people. While a bankrobber, who by accident shot the director for example, gets Death penalty...
If that bankrobber is your best friend, and you're the man who pulls the trigger. Wouldn't you feel guilty for what you have done? I suggest everyone who's acting like the tough guy/girl should think of that one. Would you pull the trigger? I don't think so, cause then, you've killed a man. A man, not an animal, a man! I'd rather pay for a prisoner then letting someone shoot his brains out of his head!

how do you know no one knows what it's like to be in prison? and men are animals too by the way...
**billie joe's girl**
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
**billie joe's girl**
June 13th, 2005 at 05:35pm
i am 100% against capital punishment!
coz itz like commiting a crime again killing someone. i think a long life sentance should be enough but a really hard on. but don't kill the person for god's sake!
GreenDayIsBetter
Idiot
GreenDayIsBetter
June 13th, 2005 at 07:15pm
**billie-joez girl**>>> I like your signature a lot!
Spirit Of '77
Falling In Love With The Board
Spirit Of '77
June 14th, 2005 at 11:23am
i dont like the idea of the death penalty. there's always the chance that there was a mistake made in sentancing or that the person could have changed or what not. but either way, i understand how theyre trying to give the families "justice" and killing the murderer too, but in another way this is just more hypocrism going on right now in that the reason the person is in trouble in the first place (some of the time) is that they've killed someone, so if youre saying killing is wrong, how is killing them too right?
Rage&Love
Rage&Love
June 15th, 2005 at 12:23pm
nowadays though even if the person gets life in prison, they usually only serve only a few years of that sentance because they have behaved well or got out on appeal.
I mean if the person has done a grusome act and there is enough evidence against them then i recon that they should get the death penalty, it might stop these acts being commited.
And only major crimes should they get the death penalty not for things like vandalism more like murder- liek horrific murders because people who kill their loved ones as their dieing wish who go to prison shouldn't die!!
Well thats my view anyways!!
Rage&Love
Rage&Love
June 15th, 2005 at 12:25pm
xAnarchy4theUSAx:
i dont like the idea of the death penalty. there's always the chance that there was a mistake made in sentancing or that the person could have changed or what not. but either way, i understand how theyre trying to give the families "justice" and killing the murderer too, but in another way this is just more hypocrism going on right now in that the reason the person is in trouble in the first place (some of the time) is that they've killed someone, so if youre saying killing is wrong, how is killing them too right?
Good point but shouldn't they suffer for what they have done? I mean a few years in prison isn't enough and they get used to it, this isn't punishment its like a social gathering for criminals
rock00chick
Geek
rock00chick
June 15th, 2005 at 12:35pm
i don't think the death penalty should be brought back, but i think something needs to be done to punish the criminals properly, and for them to be punished no matter how well behaved they are...
Rage&Love
Rage&Love
June 15th, 2005 at 12:41pm
bahaviour after the event shouldnt' come into it, if they were that could they wouldn't be in prison in the first place would they!
rock00chick
Geek
rock00chick
June 15th, 2005 at 12:43pm
exactly Clap
Dom
Jackass
Dom
June 15th, 2005 at 02:38pm
What if the person turns out to be innocent...but oops, too late they got electrocuted...

Is it really fair, ok murder is a horrible thing, but a large number of crimes are not pre-meditated but a quick flash of anger.

In France its known as a 'crime of passion' and i think people can't get convicted for murder with this!
I ARE TRISH.HEAR ME ROAR!
I ARE TRISH.HEAR ME ROAR!
June 16th, 2005 at 01:50am
i think its fair.
if someone does the crime
he has to face the consequences.
if there was no capitalism
there would be total chaos
plus...if they kept them in prison
our tax money goes to their food
libraries, gyms and other uncecessary
things inmates shouldnt have!
rock00chick
Geek
rock00chick
June 16th, 2005 at 12:29pm
but then they wouldnt be able to feel the consequences if they died...
Automatic man
Automatic man
June 16th, 2005 at 08:46pm
Comrade182:
It think the best idea is to keep the system for death penalties the way it is. Although some countrys (Including the UK) should reintroduce it as a way to put people off commit serious crimes. But the ways in which the sentences are carried out changed, it's stupid for it to cost less to keep someone alive than it would be to execute them.

Bring back the noose or shoot them, that can't cost that much! Can it?

Well in the USA that goes againts the eight ammendment which says there can be no cruel or unusual punishments. But still, I see nothing gainible from the death penalty.
Register