AuthorMessage
wanderlust
Addict
wanderlust

Mibba Blog
January 19th, 2011 at 06:21pm
JakubHogarddd:
it kills me how life in prision here is 25 years
i think if you're a friking serial killer you no longer have the right to live. how can someone so disgusting get to live.

Canada's judicial system is based much more on rehabilitation than just straight punishment.

I agree, they don't deserve to live, but I don't believe anything justifies killing them. I don't care what the circumstances, I don't see how a jury gets to decide if someone is allowed to live or not.

Even that Jared Laughner guy from Tucson, AZ. They want to execute him. Obviously, I don't think that people like him should have the right to live...but more strongly than that, I believe that NO OTHER PERSON should be allowed to take his life without consequence. Murder is murder, the death penalty is barbaric and I'm in disbelief that this is still allowed in some states. For the record, the states are THE ONLY first world country to still have the death penalty.
NIK JONUTZ
NIK JONUTZ

Blog
January 19th, 2011 at 07:21pm
if you take a life intentionally with bad intent then fuck that you don't deserve to live. serial killers do nothing but harm in this world and they are the reason why i'm afraid to go out at night and the reason i'm sometimes afraid someone is going ot break in my house. i stand by what i say, but i can see where you are coming from.
wanderlust
Addict
wanderlust

Mibba Blog
January 19th, 2011 at 07:39pm
I totally agree with they shouldn't deserve to live but at the same time, if an executioner pushes that syringe, then he doesn't deserve to live either. Nothing gives a murderer a right to kill, so nothing should give ANYONE the right to kill another human. The death penalty is stooping just as low.
NIK JONUTZ
NIK JONUTZ

Blog
January 19th, 2011 at 07:39pm
i see what you're saying
Jesse Lacey
Post Whore
Jesse Lacey

Mibba Blog
March 10th, 2011 at 01:47pm
i think that death penalty is a tricky subject.
anyone who kills doesn't deserve to live.
but at the same time there are plenty of innocent people charged with crimes they didn't commit.
wild at heart
Idiot
wild at heart

Blog
March 10th, 2011 at 04:24pm
You're saying if people kill then they don't deserve to live.
So therefore they should be killed as well? What about the person who murders them? What right does ANYONE have to take a person's life no matter what they have done?
In my opinion the only thing that should be done is to keep these people away from society, so that they can't hurt anyone else. Hence, prisons.
I don't see how other types of punishment, also including death help anyone or bring any service to society. It's an empty gesture. If killing people is wrong, then why do people support death penalty?
Murdering people on the street and death penalty are the same thing. Despite the fact that death penalty is seen as a legal way of punishment in certain parts of the world, it doesn't make it any less of a crime, in the same way as a person who has murdered doesn't have a less right to live than anyone else.
We are all alive, there is nothing to 'deserve' or not to in this matter.
NIK JONUTZ
NIK JONUTZ

Blog
March 10th, 2011 at 04:35pm
prison does shit all. life in prison in canada is 25 years. so someone could kill like 473298472 people and after 25 years they'd be out.
wanderlust
Addict
wanderlust

Mibba Blog
March 10th, 2011 at 05:54pm
wild at heart:
So therefore they should be killed as well? What about the person who murders them? What right does ANYONE have to take a person's life no matter what they have done?
In my opinion the only thing that should be done is to keep these people away from society, so that they can't hurt anyone else. Hence, prisons.
I don't see how other types of punishment, also including death help anyone or bring any service to society. It's an empty gesture. If killing people is wrong, then why do people support death penalty?
Murdering people on the street and death penalty are the same thing. Despite the fact that death penalty is seen as a legal way of punishment in certain parts of the world, it doesn't make it any less of a crime, in the same way as a person who has murdered doesn't have a less right to live than anyone else.

THIS
Deernt.
Rotting On Here
Deernt.

Mibba Blog
March 10th, 2011 at 10:24pm
Sam Roberts:
wild at heart:

THIS
Tahm York
This Board Is My Home
Tahm York

Blog
March 12th, 2011 at 02:43am
I think those who truly deserve the death penalty are rapists/molesters... and maybe it's shallow of me to say, but I do think that if someone came and killed my parents or anyone I cared about, for that matter, I would want them to be stuck in prison for the rest of their life. or killed.
wanderlust
Addict
wanderlust

Mibba Blog
March 12th, 2011 at 08:58am
^Well I agree, if someone killed a family member of mine, I wouldn't be all la la la jesus wants us to forgive la la. I would really want them dead. But the other part of me overrides this, which is my opinion that killing is ALWAYS wrong, even its by an executioner to some scumbag. So I'm satisfied with life in prison.

and yeah the longest you can be in prison in Canada is 25 years, there may be exceptions idk. I think this is mainly a good thing, because from what I understand, the Canadian judicial system has more of a rehabilitation policy combined with serving time, rather than just straight (and in my opinion, often too harsh) punishment you see in the states. Once again I'm no expert on either countries judicial system, but I think everyone deserves a second chance.
Squid.
King For A Couple Of Days
Squid.

Blog
March 14th, 2011 at 08:25pm
Lets murder someone for murdering someone so that they don't have to face what they did and sit around in prison and hate their life, and get the easy way out and so that we feel better about things. Great idea.

Really........
Dana.
This Board Is My Home
Dana.

Blog
March 16th, 2011 at 11:09pm
I could never sit in a jury and tell someone that they are faced with the death penalty because I could never do it to somebody even though they took a life and they deserve to die. I would want to know if that person has a mental problem and needed actual help.
Trillie
Trillie
March 17th, 2011 at 09:34am
Dana.:
I could never sit in a jury and tell someone that they are faced with the death penalty because I could never do it to somebody even though they took a life and they deserve to die. I would want to know if that person has a mental problem and needed actual help.

I get what your saying, but what would you do if you knew they didn't have a mental problem?
Squid.
Squid.

Blog
March 17th, 2011 at 05:06pm
They don't have a mental problem, so it make's it right to kill them?...
wild at heart
Idiot
wild at heart

Blog
March 18th, 2011 at 03:48pm
In my opinion, everyone who kills has more or less of a mental problem, be it unstable emotions or psychotic beahviour. But mainly, a sane and stable person wouldn't normally kill or react in intensely violent ways such as criminals do. Therefore, regardless of their mental state I think they should be treated similarly, and by that I mean isolated or kept away from society in prisons or mental institutions, so that they wouldn't strike again and kill innocent civilians.
Dana.
This Board Is My Home
Dana.

Blog
March 18th, 2011 at 04:03pm
trillie:
Dana.:

I get what your saying, but what would you do if you knew they didn't have a mental problem?
I would just let them rot in prison for what they've done because they deserve life in prison.
MAD CUNT
Basket Case
MAD CUNT

Blog
March 18th, 2011 at 04:47pm
Life in prison doesn't necessarily mean life in prison, though...

What about for dictators responsible for genocides? Because they're isolated from the actual act of killing, they don't necessarily consider the consequences of their actions. What should be done with, say, Colonel Gaddafi after his recent actions towards his own people? Should he suffer the same fate as Saddam Hussein; if not, where should he end up? (Sorry for all the questions; I'm just interested to see what everyone else thinks. Normally I would be against the death penalty, but I think perhaps those responsible for thousands of deaths would require a rethink on the subject. Though I'm not sure of my own feelings and opinions on this.)
RRoycie
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
RRoycie
March 24th, 2011 at 02:54pm
I personally believe that the death sentence should be enforced if there is sufficient evidence that the person has either murdered or is a terrorist.
NIK JONUTZ
NIK JONUTZ

Blog
March 24th, 2011 at 04:25pm
RRoycie:
I personally believe that the death sentence should be enforced if there is sufficient evidence that the person has either murdered or is a terrorist.
this
Register