Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
February 19th, 2006 at 11:18pm
manic!panic!:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
manic!panic!:
Nobody has the fucking right to decide who lives and who dies. I'm against it. It goes against the 8th Amendment.

A person is convicted of murder and they deserved to be punished, but they are practically murdered (by lethal injection, which is quite quick and painless) by the Court Of Law? That's hypocritical.

I would rather have them locked up in jail for life than die. Death is more of an escape of punishment. It's an easy way out.

Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.

If your getting political with this, the supreme court found it a just punishment when the crime commited is excessively wrong, like murder.
Just punishment? That's complete bullshit. And like I said before, it's hypocritical. The law contradicts itself.

No it doesnt, it says cruel and unusual, it may not be the nicest punishment, but if you kill someone, losing your life wouldnt be some far fetched punishment. The law does not contradict itself.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
February 20th, 2006 at 07:50am
I_worship_tre_Cool:
The law does not contradict itself.

Ah, to be young and a hopeless Idealist...

Something I didn't know until recently, was that Albert Pierrepoint (one of Britain's last hangmen, and the most prolific at that.), ended up not believing in the Death Penalty. He became disillusioned with it apprently, saying that he believed it wasn't a deterrent at all, and was solely about revenge.

And that's from the man who operated the trap door. There you have it.
Biffy Clyro
Basket Case
Biffy Clyro
February 20th, 2006 at 01:09pm
no death penalty. as gandhi said, "an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind"
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
February 20th, 2006 at 01:17pm
Bloodraine:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
The law does not contradict itself.

Ah, to be young and a hopeless Idealist...

Something I didn't know until recently, was that Albert Pierrepoint (one of Britain's last hangmen, and the most prolific at that.), ended up not believing in the Death Penalty. He became disillusioned with it apprently, saying that he believed it wasn't a deterrent at all, and was solely about revenge.

And that's from the man who operated the trap door. There you have it.

Whenever someone you loved is involved in a brutal murder, you tell me how willing to let the sick minded excuse for a human being that did it live. I have the oddest feeling it would change you opinion, but go on denying it and saying it wouldnt.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
February 20th, 2006 at 01:35pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Whenever someone you loved is involved in a brutal murder, you tell me how willing to let the sick minded excuse for a human being that did it live. I have the oddest feeling it would change you opinion, but go on denying it and saying it wouldnt.

I'd never do that.

Let them live. Just because they killed my parents/brother/best friend, does that mean they deserve to die?. Of course not. I have these little things called principles. Every man deserves the same treatment. Whatever the crime; have they comittted mass genocide, serial murder or just bumped off my Grandma, none deserve to die.

You can, of course, choose to deny my principles, and use that same old, same old reasoning. Do you not think I've encountered it before?. Do you not think I've had it put to me a thousand and one times over, by older, wiser, more seasoned pro-DP people than you?

My answer will remain the same. Keep digging, keep questioning, by all means. My answer will remain the same. But my advice to you would be find another sword to slay me with. This one got old a long time ago.
crimson_rose_91
Jackass
crimson_rose_91
March 25th, 2006 at 03:33pm
I disagree with the death penalty. I can see why people say that if somebody ha been found guilty of murder then they should too be killed but what if the evidence was wrong, or the person was pushed into pleading guilty? I know that is costs the country to keep somebody in prison, but if they are in prison for life then they arnt going to have a very good time so thats more of a punishment than death. However I think murderers should be given life imprisonment and not come out after a few years. I think prison sentences are getting too short for some crimes though, because people only end up getting a few years unless its murder.
davey jones.
Falling In Love With The Board
davey jones.

Mibba Blog
March 25th, 2006 at 10:29pm
The death penalty is just a legal way of getting away with murder and getting revenge and giving them taste of their own medicine. The more a system does it, or has to do it, the more they feel comfortable. Sooner or later the world will have absolutely no problem with it, despite the mass genocide and holocausts...

No one deserves to die, no matter what they've done. Suffer? Yes.

Die? No.
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
March 25th, 2006 at 10:33pm
We don't have the death penalty in Australia, and I'm glad of it.

Why should the law choose who should die, and who shouldn't? By killing the murderer, we are just as bad as him.
Siobhan
Geek
Siobhan
March 27th, 2006 at 01:31am
There would be many people who wouldnt mind to die after the crime they have done, and them just having the death penalty would be a lot better for them then having a lifetime in Jail.
hm___kinky
King For A Couple Of Days
hm___kinky
March 27th, 2006 at 01:37am
i strongly disagree with the death penalty because in my opinion you execute someone who had the death penalty its just as bad as that guy murdering someone and my thoughts are that God is the only one who can take away life not us and by giving the death penalty it is just another wrong being made and i think its cruel to inject people with poison and watch them die and put people in those gas chambers and watch them die horribly becuase they still probably have family members that love them and having to make them suffer like that is terrible and the death penalty just brings more pain to the family and more death in this world and what good is it doing to the family of the person murdered? it doesnt do anything for them if my brother got murdered by someone i would rather see the murderer sit and rot in jail then have his life ended right now an quickly
Siobhan
Geek
Siobhan
March 27th, 2006 at 01:55am
Yeah. I hate the death penalty, because their family would go through so much trauma, and also it would be stooping to their level. And if they got it for doing something like drugs, where there is nothing as bad as murder going on, then it would be below their level.
Matty.
Matty.
March 30th, 2006 at 03:39am
spill_no_sick:
Just like as if:
I think Death penalty is actually just the same as murder. No one has the right to decide who lives and who dies, just let them live for ####'s sake. And the family of the victim don't even have their revenge, because they don't see the murderer suffering if he's/she's dead. The guilt is gone with the life.
do you think a murderer will feel too guilty?
if you're a threat, you should die
life is a privalige, not a right
don't #### up your privelage by taking away some one else's

exactly
Warning_iNSOMNIACiDIOT
Geek
Warning_iNSOMNIACiDIOT
April 9th, 2006 at 07:25pm
i think the death penalty is wrong. sure, you bring justice to the victims of, let`s say, a murdered family member. but how will it help things? it won`t bring the murdered back to life. and, it`s cheaper to keep someone in jail than on death row. and if you think that the murderer deserves it, think of it this way: what if the murderer was your family of friend? you wouldn`t want them killed, now would you? and as a society, haven`t we advanced as to not use barbaric methods to punish people? i don`t know if this is true, but some countries, most of the third worlds maybe, look up to the US and if they see the US using the death penalty, then they`ll start using it. and haven`t we had enough violence and killing in the world already?
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
April 10th, 2006 at 11:17am
Saiyan:
spill_no_sick:
do you think a murderer will feel too guilty?
if you're a threat, you should die
life is a privalige, not a right
don't #### up your privelage by taking away some one else's

exactly

Do you two both realise how much of an ironic contradiction you're making of yourselves?.
TragicCaseofMyReality
TragicCaseofMyReality
April 12th, 2006 at 07:36pm
I'm sorry but this yet another way i disaggree with what my church says. I believe in it all the way.Maybe i'll go to Hell for believing it, maybe i won't but thats my stand on the subject. I have gone over this subject alot in my head and I don't think i should be expected to just "forgive" someone who Killed or brutally Raped a family member of mine- i think they should pay for it. I certianally wouldn't want them to live while my family member is permanently damaged or won't ever live to see another day. And i think it is wrong of the church to expect that of me.
TragicCaseofMyReality
TragicCaseofMyReality
April 12th, 2006 at 07:42pm
Warning_iNSOMNIACiDIOT:
i think the death penalty is wrong. sure, you bring justice to the victims of, let`s say, a murdered family member. but how will it help things? it won`t bring the murdered back to life. and, it`s cheaper to keep someone in jail than on death row. and if you think that the murderer deserves it, think of it this way: what if the murderer was your family of friend? you wouldn`t want them killed, now would you?

I could give a flying flip if its "cheaper" to keep someone in jail-they won't cost anything if they are dead. and in my eyes if they do something like that then they should be dead. It may not bring my family member back but will sure make some of the sting away from their death knowing that the peron that did to them was dead too.And if it was a family friend that murdered one of my family members-then they aren't a friend and never will be again. AND YES I WOULD WANT THEM KILLED!!!!!!!!
ROSHAMBO
Geek
ROSHAMBO
April 13th, 2006 at 12:17am
There should be a poll here. I really want to know how many agree and oppose.

In current affairs, we've got three drug kingpins from Australia getting the death penalty in Indonesia. There's also this other Aussie guy that got hanged a while back, for smuggling about $1m worth of heroin. I think we should respect their laws but that doesn't mean I'm for it.
If you know what's in it for you, then don't do it and you won't get the death penalty. As simple as that.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
April 13th, 2006 at 04:25am
SeverusSnape:
There should be a poll here. I really want to know how many agree and oppose.

In current affairs, we've got three drug kingpins from Australia getting the death penalty in Indonesia. There's also this other Aussie guy that got hanged a while back, for smuggling about $1m worth of heroin. I think we should respect their laws but that doesn't mean I'm for it.
If you know what's in it for you, then don't do it and you won't get the death penalty. As simple as that.

the death penalty has never been a very good deterant.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
April 13th, 2006 at 11:23am
PatronSaintofDenial:
Warning_iNSOMNIACiDIOT:
i think the death penalty is wrong. sure, you bring justice to the victims of, let`s say, a murdered family member. but how will it help things? it won`t bring the murdered back to life. and, it`s cheaper to keep someone in jail than on death row. and if you think that the murderer deserves it, think of it this way: what if the murderer was your family of friend? you wouldn`t want them killed, now would you?

I could give a flying flip if its "cheaper" to keep someone in jail-they won't cost anything if they are dead. and in my eyes if they do something like that then they should be dead. It may not bring my family member back but will sure make some of the sting away from their death knowing that the peron that did to them was dead too.And if it was a family friend that murdered one of my family members-then they aren't a friend and never will be again. AND YES I WOULD WANT THEM KILLED!!!!!!!!

So next time your mother/brother/cousin or best friend brutally murders someone, you'll be happy for them to die?

No.

You'd still love them, no matter what. You're both losing out that way.

See, I have a little thing in me called a conscience which tells me killing in the name of the law or the government is wrong. All killing is wrong.
Life wasn't gievn to someone so you can just piss it up and take it away from them, no matter what they did.
BehindBlueEyes
Jackass
BehindBlueEyes
April 13th, 2006 at 11:52am
i dont belive in the death penalty. everyone means somthing to someone, so if you take that persons life the family suffers too. give them life sentance..that way at least their loved ones can see them....i dont think two wrongs make a right...if he killed somone killing him wont bring that person back....
Register