Knowing the language

AuthorMessage
TheFaggot
King For A Couple Of Days
TheFaggot
June 25th, 2005 at 10:21am
Well, if you are going to talk to people, you have to know the language. Even if you work at McDonalds! If not, you're never gonna make the custoumers happy... I mean, who wants to desperatly try to explain someone what you want, and then get something completely different...

So, if you want to work with something else than moving boxes at a storement hall, you've gotta learn the language...
TheFaggot
TheFaggot
June 25th, 2005 at 10:24am
English is the language with the biggest vocabulary, but that's because all of the people who speak it is from all over the world, and so new words is made...

Norwegian, danish, swedish and mandarin are wery hard to learn... And that language they speak in Iceland...
GreenDayIsBetter
Idiot
GreenDayIsBetter
June 25th, 2005 at 02:14pm
i hate when i'm walking through.. anywhere.. and here 25 different languages going on. pisses me off.
GreenDayIsBetter
Idiot
GreenDayIsBetter
June 25th, 2005 at 02:14pm
hear*
killing loneliness
Idiot
killing loneliness
June 25th, 2005 at 03:30pm
wel, in estonia, if u want to get a realy good job, u must be able to speak at least english or russian, if u speak german, it wont do u any good. unless u can speak, english and german and russian. all together. well u can get along with just english and estonian, but if u can only speak english, then u have a very small amount of choices. yup, u do
killing loneliness
Idiot
killing loneliness
June 25th, 2005 at 03:33pm
estonian is the 8\th in the 10 most hardest languages to learn, tho it has become popular in some foreign countries...funny, y do ppl want to learn our language. it\s hard.
killing loneliness
Idiot
killing loneliness
estonian is the 8'th in the 10 most hardest languages to learn, tho it has become popular in some foreign countries...funny, y do ppl want to learn our language. it's hard.
killing loneliness
Idiot
killing loneliness
estonian is the 8\th in the 10 most hardest languages to learn, tho it has become popular in some foreign countries...funny, y do ppl want to learn our language. it\s hard.
Dom
Jackass
Dom
June 25th, 2005 at 03:59pm
its obviously going tobe difficult to get a job done without being able to communicate with collegues. But i guess different employers will have different criteria for employing people.
Dom
Jackass
Dom
June 25th, 2005 at 04:01pm
GreenDayIsBetter:
i hate when i'm walking through.. anywhere.. and here 25 different languages going on. pisses me off.

can i ask how often thats happened to you? Rolling Eyes
GreenDayIsBetter
Idiot
GreenDayIsBetter
June 25th, 2005 at 04:49pm
um every fucking day. obviously probably not literally 25 diff ones but enough to piss me off.
Headfirst For Halos
Falling In Love With The Board
Headfirst For Halos
June 25th, 2005 at 05:47pm
Well, if your going to work there you should probably try and learn at least some...
ForgottenShadow
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
ForgottenShadow
August 24th, 2005 at 08:05am
i think it depends on wot job ur gettin, if its one that involves talkin to lots of different ppl from all over the globe then yes u should but if its somethin like workin in virgin megastores or just workin on the shop floor in ur own country then i dont think u need too
Toastboy
Jackass
Toastboy
August 24th, 2005 at 02:06pm
suzie_k:
I would love for people to have to learn Irish. Why should nationals have to accommodate a foreigners language.
no its too hard, besides its dead
[XxXflowerfairyXxX]
[XxXflowerfairyXxX]
August 24th, 2005 at 03:35pm
I thought that was against the racial discriminations act. I was told that unless the job requires you to speak full english (or whatever language) then you can't not employ someone on those grounds alone. :S
suzie_k
suzie_k
August 24th, 2005 at 04:17pm
smooth dude39:
suzie_k:
I would love for people to have to learn Irish. Why should nationals have to accommodate a foreigners language.
no its too hard, besides its dead

when i was in school i made the mistake of not taking Irish seriously. and i really regret it.
i think its a really nice language. and its very poetic.
but we do have out own style of english which comes from irish
Alyson
Alyson
August 25th, 2005 at 12:55pm
I hate the fact english speakers are all too ignorant to put any effort into speaking an other language.
Like the hordes of British package holiday makers go to Spain, yet insist on sitting in an English bar or something.
It's dumb.
Sara.
This Board Is My Home
Sara.
March 9th, 2006 at 11:17pm
i think you should know how to speak what ever language your working in
Nicky and Cambria. Haha.
Nicky and Cambria. Haha.
March 10th, 2006 at 08:16am
I think it's good because you don't want people who can't speak a word of Swedish (Take for example... me) to be working there. I mean, say someone comes up to you and they're like

"
I förrgår,( dagen före min födelsedag ) ringde min lärare och sa att vi var lediga dagen efter, eftersom det var en vattenskada i skolan. Dagen efter fick alla ett mejl från rektorn,där stog att någon/några hade stoppat igen alla handfat och satt på alla kranar i 2 korridorer, som är helt förstörda och måste renoveras...alla klasser 6-9 (11 st klasser) måste flyttas till en annan skola, men där kanske vi inte kan vara längre än några veckor, sen måste vi flytta igen Crying or Very sad risken finns att vi inte kan gå i våran skola mer den här terminen, men det är ju förfan våran sista termin innan gymnasiet!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad skadorna kostar kommunen minst 5 miljoner. Vilka jävla dumma huvven gör nåt sånt?"

(LMFAO copies from the Swedish forum lmfao)

and I'll be like "Eh?" and yeah.

I think it's a good idea.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
March 10th, 2006 at 11:09am
What about people who find learning the language very hard?

People with mental difficulties who can do their specific job just fine, but can't learn Swedish as it is too hard for them.
Register