Knowing the language

AuthorMessage
a-dawg.
Falling In Love With The Board
a-dawg.
March 14th, 2006 at 05:40am
With learning English, a lot of people I know find it really easy (especially the French, they have the fucking Passé Simple, which is an evil, evil tense). Most of the Danish people I know speak perfect English but I can't grasp Danish at all (I'd love to learn it though). I was discussing this with the French exchange student that's in our house at the moment and she said, "It's actually hard for French people to learn French, with all the grammar. Most of us find English easier."
Incubus
Jackass
Incubus
March 14th, 2006 at 01:29pm
John Simm Is Love:
Well it's tough when you're being forced to do all honours in your Junior Cert and you've done next to no Irish for the past three years.

They can't force you to do all honours, even if the teachers tell you have to and make you learn the honours syllabus if you just go in on the day and say your doing ordinary lev. the examinor wouldn't know and s/he will give you the pass paper.
Incubus
Jackass
Incubus
March 14th, 2006 at 01:33pm
John Simm Is Love:
With learning English, a lot of people I know find it really easy (especially the French, they have the fucking Passé Simple, which is an evil, evil tense). Most of the Danish people I know speak perfect English but I can't grasp Danish at all (I'd love to learn it though). I was discussing this with the French exchange student that's in our house at the moment and she said, "It's actually hard for French people to learn French, with all the grammar. Most of us find English easier."

English is hard to learn as another lanuage though, I mean no other lanuage (that I know of anyway) has silent letters or words that sound the same but are spelt different and those fucking annoying words that both sound and are spelt the same but have different meanings.
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
March 14th, 2006 at 02:21pm
i can speak english and welsh, i use the welsh when i go back home to see my friends. Welsh is slowly dieing out and they are now teaching it in schools in wales, YAY!!!!
LadySaraCool69
Jackass
LadySaraCool69
March 14th, 2006 at 02:23pm
i can speak
ENGLISH
FRENCH
TAMIL
SIGN LANGUAGE
SPANISH- maybe i can't but i like to think i can
a-dawg.
a-dawg.
March 14th, 2006 at 02:33pm
Incubus:
John Simm Is Love:
Well it's tough when you're being forced to do all honours in your Junior Cert and you've done next to no Irish for the past three years.

They can't force you to do all honours, even if the teachers tell you have to and make you learn the honours syllabus if you just go in on the day and say your doing ordinary lev. the examinor wouldn't know and s/he will give you the pass paper.
All the same though.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
March 14th, 2006 at 02:43pm
Magne:
i can speak english and welsh, i use the welsh when i go back home to see my friends. Welsh is slowly dieing out and they are now teaching it in schools in wales, YAY!!!!

This is good...

Is it not the oldest language in europe or something?

I believe languages such as Welsh and Irish, old languages for small countries, should be held onto because they are a big big part of that countries culture. It makes them unique.
a-dawg.
a-dawg.
March 14th, 2006 at 03:35pm
Bloodraine:
Magne:

This is good...

Is it not the oldest language in europe or something?

I believe languages such as Welsh and Irish, old languages for small countries, should be held onto because they are a big big part of that countries culture. It makes them unique.
Nothing unique about it to me.
catastrophic_mind
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
catastrophic_mind
March 14th, 2006 at 03:39pm
hi in my country if you don't know english or french you can't work if you can't use a computer you can't work. i'm learning english since 1997 i'm on my last year of school and i can't stand up and say "i know speak english" i don't even know how to write well. so i don't know how is it there in usa or in uk or everywhere, but here in argentina speak spanish is never enought

(sorry 4 my realy bad english) (i sux =S)
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
March 14th, 2006 at 03:46pm
John Simm Is Love:

Ahem.

Ireland is the only country in the world that speaks Irish, i'm guessing. The only country. Making it unique to ireland.
a-dawg.
a-dawg.
March 15th, 2006 at 09:54am
Bloodraine:
John Simm Is Love:

Ahem.

Ireland is the only country in the world that speaks Irish, i'm guessing. The only country. Making it unique to ireland.
I only meant that I can't stand it, that I hate the language.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
March 15th, 2006 at 12:21pm
John Simm Is Love:
Bloodraine:
John Simm Is Love:

Ahem.

I only meant that I can't stand it, that I hate the language.

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil you hate welsh, and yes it is the olders langauge in europe!
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
March 15th, 2006 at 12:27pm
Magne:
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil you hate welsh, and yes it is the olders langauge in europe!

Nah, I think she hates Irish not Welsh.

It's fair, some people really dislike learning languages, and I have a feeling old languages such as Welsh or Irish might be quite difficult.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
March 15th, 2006 at 12:29pm
Bloodraine:
Magne:

It's fair, some people really dislike learning languages, and I have a feeling old languages such as Welsh or Irish might be quite difficult.

welsh can be very difficult, i dont know about irish because i havent tried, but my friend is picking up welsh quickly but he always had a good way about learning.
Incubus
Jackass
Incubus
March 15th, 2006 at 02:17pm
Bloodraine:
Magne:

I don't know about Welsh but Irish is fairly handy...most of the time
a-dawg.
a-dawg.
March 15th, 2006 at 02:40pm
Incubus:
Bloodraine:
Magne:

Not fer me.
suzie_k
suzie_k
March 15th, 2006 at 04:48pm
John Simm Is Love:
Incubus:
Bloodraine:
Magne:

Not fer me.

Irish is pretty handy especialy if your abroad and you wanna say something and dont want others to undestand
Incubus
Jackass
Incubus
March 16th, 2006 at 03:16pm
suzie_k:
John Simm Is Love:
Incubus:
Bloodraine:
Magne:

Not fer me.

Irish is pretty handy especialy if your abroad and you wanna say something and dont want others to undestand

I love just saying random words in Irish that make no sense when I'm abroad, some nonsense like
"Ta me ar an busca brosca muin na mica, aon sceal! slan go foill ar an mbus"
The best bit is the only people who have a chance of understanding you is other Irish people, and they don't correct you because they're either doing the same or laughing with you!
a-dawg.
a-dawg.
March 16th, 2006 at 03:31pm
Incubus:
suzie_k:
John Simm Is Love:
Incubus:
Bloodraine:
Magne:

Not fer me.

I love just saying random words in Irish that make no sense when I'm abroad, some nonsense like
"Ta me ar an busca brosca muin na mica, aon sceal! slan go foill ar an mbus"
The best bit is the only people who have a chance of understanding you is other Irish people, and they don't correct you because they're either doing the same or laughing with you!
I don't even talk good enough Irish to do that though.
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
March 16th, 2006 at 03:45pm
YES YES YES i find it annoying when you go to pay for something and the cashier cannont understnad you or you can't understand him/her
i just think its stupid that i had you use my spanish class knowlede to help my mom at a store , even heavy accents
its annoys me because if i had to go to their country i would have to learn their language , i think people coming here TO LIVE should atleast be required ot take a class

my rant is over , that was not intended ot offend any one
Register